Having problems with Tobi?

Tobi Customer Service Contacts

530 Forbes Blvd
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Tobi Customer Service. Initial Tobi complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Tobi above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Tobi. Discuss the issues you have had with Tobi and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Tobi Complaints & Reviews

TobiWhere is my package?

I live in Sweden and on the 2020-11-05, I order a dress from Tobi, today it is 2021-01-19 and I still have not received my package. On DHL's tracking it says that the package was sent to my house on the 11 of January. However my local post office says that it is being sent back to Tobi. Obviously, the information that is being provided by DHL is not correct.

I have contacted Tobi, my post office, and DHL numerous times but their customer care sucks. Especially tobies. They are rude at times and ha not provided any help whatsoever.

Tobigroupon

We tried to order deserts but we were told that we could only order what was on the terms and conditions of our voucher. I didn't like anything that was offered so I told them I didn't want a desert. However, I was told if I didn't order a desert my voucher would be void. I was also told I booked the voucher so I should have read the terms and conditions. Don you think it's ridiculous that I was made to order a desert that I didn't want and it wouldn't be eaten? This is a total waste of food, if a customer doesn't want an item they shouldn't be forced to have one. I am not happy with the service or the way I was made to feel. We visited the Washington Toby on the 5/11/10 we booked our table for 6.30. I very much doubt I will return to Toby for a meal again. I was made to feel like a naughty child for not wanting a desert and to keep our voucher valid I had to order one. Crazy!
    Regards
    Mrs Angela Bewick
    My email- [protected]@gmail.com

Tobithey lost my package and I eventually got it but they sent me the wrong item

Their level of unprofessionalism is astounding. I never received my package initially, I submitted 5 requests to Tobi, in which nobody responded, so finally I reached out on Instagram. After being redirected to another Instagram account, someone eventually responded saying it was being held up at USPS and they could not do anything, not even tell me which USPS I had to contact to get my package. Eventually after submitting and waiting on a redeliver request that went nowhere, I visited 3 USPS's and I got my package. Finally when I open my package, which I received almost a month after Tobi says it was delivered, I see the wrong items in there. Then I am told they cannot send me the item I ordered and I will have to return the wrong item in which they will deduct shipping costs from my refund. In communicating with the customer service agent he is not only rude but extremely unhelpful as well.

Tobino way to return a dress that doesn't fit

The text accompanying the "Shipped" confirmation says: "If there are any issues with your order, please contact customer care within 5 days of receipt. We accept returns or exchanges sent within 30 days of receiving your order. Get FREE return shipping if you postmark our prepaid label within 10 days of receiving your order."
        However, there is no way to obtain a free shipping label. Upon sending a query to their email only customer service, I received an automated reply telling me they no longer do free returns (even though their website clearly states they do this).
        A week after my initial query for a mailing label, I am still waiting for a response.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY -- there is NO 'real' customer service. If you order something, do not expect to be able to do any return.

TobiJune off shoulder smocked top and Astride Side slit Maxi skirt

On May 16th 2019 I ordered a June off shoulder smocked top and Astride Side slit Maxi skirt Order Number: 7538768 total price $57.00. I received my order on May 20th. After my wife tried on the outfit she wasn't happy with the fix so we decided to return these items. I also received a second package from Tobi with someone else's order. I went to the Tobi website and started the return process and I included a note that I received someone else's order and would be including that in my return. On May 30th I received the following email from Tobi
          "
          Hi there!,
          We wanted to let you know that your return package has been delivered and is safe with us! From here, our Returns department will process your return package and issue your refund. Here is a reminder of our return process:
          Here is the return process:
          Step 1: Return sent back to Tobi
          Step 2: Return delivered to Tobi
          Step 3: Refund Processed
          Our Fulfillment Center is currently experiencing a high demand which may impact the processing time of returns. We are working around the clock to ensure all customers receive their refund in a timely manner. We will send you another email once your refund has been processed..
          We appreciate your patience and understanding.
          XO,
          Tobi Care Team

After waiting for three weeks email support on June 21st asking for a status of my return and I hear nothing. I email them again on June 24th asking for a status of my return and I get the following:

Hello My Name,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We're sorry to hear if your item(s) did not work out for you! We would be happy to clarify our Returns Policy, for you!

All eligible returns must be received by Tobi within 30 days of your order's original delivery date. We kindly ask that all items are returns in their original condition (unworn, unwashed, unaltered) with tags (if it was delivered with tags) attached. The following items listed below are not eligible for a return, refund, exchange, or credit:

*Intimates, underwear, socks, tights, earrings, hair accessories, body suits and beauty products
          *Returns received after 30 days of the original shipment date
          *All items marked "FINAL SALE"
          *Damaged, washed, worn or altered items, including items returned with deodorant, makeup, smoke, perfume and/or stains
          *Shoes without the original box - the box must be free of damage, postage stickers or stamps

(Please note, items purchased with Promotion Codes do not make them non-returnable unless they are initially marked Final Sale)

We currently offer free domestic returns via prepaid labels for all domestic customers within 10 days of delivery date. After 10 days have passed, the return package must be sent back via your own funds. Any international returns is the customer's responsibility. Once the return is received by our Returns Department, please allow up to 14 business days to be completed. A confirmation email will be sent to the address on file once the refund has been processed and credited.

Still no response to the status of my refund

So I wait for another week to see if I'm going to get my refund and still nothing we are now at 32 days after the received and acknowledge my return. So I sent then one last email saying that I'm going to report them to the better business bureau and post reviews everywhere warning customers of their returns relays.

Then I get a response on July 1st

Hi My Name!

Thank you for reaching out to us again!

It looks like your return has arrived back to our warehouse.

Our Returns Department is working hard to process returns in the order in which they are received! As of right now.

You will receive an email confirmation when your refund has been processed and credited.

Thank you for your patience!

So well over a month and I still haven't been paid back my $57.00 please be warned before you buy anything from Tobi. I love the cloths the make but if you buy something that doesn't fit the way you like you may never get your money back.

Tobinever shipped but lost package?

on 4.4.19 I ordered 199.46 worth of items. When i logged into my account to check status - it said there was no pending orders. The money came out of my bank account right away. I emailed Tobi.com on 4.4.19 & 4.5.19 and then again on 4.8.19. I finally got a response from them.

They said they have marked it as a lost shipment. How could it be lost when it was never sent??!! So they told me that I would be waiting another 3 days to get a status on when and if they will send my items. I have already waited 4 days - the items were supposed be RECEIVED by 3-5 business days. So they are asking me to wait even longer than their standard shipping time to even get an idea of when the items will arrive??

I just want my money back and to NEVER deal with them again in my life.

Tobi — returns

Purchased 4 dresses in august. Returned what I thought was all of them turned out I forgot one. I sent to...

Tobino refund

I've emailed the company several times with all my info. I returned an item on 10/4. I included my order #7246253. It was a dress that was so short you could almost see my daughter's underwear.
              I still have not received a credit on my credit card. No one has replied to my emails.
              It's ridiculous that no one replies and it's ridiculous i haven't received a refund yet.

How is a company allowed to not have a customer service phone number????

This is a really bad business strategy as I saw many other similar complaints. :(

Tobileather skirt

I bought a leather skirt from this company on sale for $30. I wore it one time and the slit on the skirt ripped, causing the slit to be even larger. As the slit wasn't too large, I was going to wear the skirt again. When I put the skirt on a second time, one of the teeth from the zipper fell off the skirt. The skirt was very loose on me, so this was not a too-tight situation. I reached out to the company and they told me that I was unable to get a refund as I had worn the skirt. They must know about the awful quality of their clothing and that is why they have this refund policy.

leather skirt
                leather skirt

Tobinot getting a refund for my return

I sent back 2 items soon after receiving them. That was approximately a month ago. They still haven't given me a credit on my charge. There is no way to contact them except for through email. It takes a few days to get an answer, and these are all automated. They said they received my returned items many weeks ago, but I still have seen no refund. I continue to send emails, but get no answers back. I am very frustrated and will never order from them again.

Tobireturn processing

My daughter returned a white bodycon dress that was received (according to tobi customer service) on jan 24th. At that time, the tracking number that I had to locate the package was rendered invalid. It's not feb 23rd, I have not seen a refund for the returned product. And to add insult to injury, I was asked to complete a customer service survey on my closed inquiry. My inquiry is not closed. The garment was returned in original packaging, and I am still waiting on the refund - well outside of the 14 business days the site states.

This needs to be corrected asap!!!

Tobihorrible customer service

I'm an overseas customer. Bought from them 2 separate times within 2 days. Both parcels were shipped out few days apart. One day i received a notification that one of my parcels could not be delivered due to an incorrect address. I checked multiple times and contacted Tobi regarding this as i knew there was nothing wrong with my address. They told me to liase with my local post office, which i did. The second parcel came about a week later. Turns out the address on the shipping label was incomplete. My unit number was completely omited out therefore they could not deliver my first parcel. They realised the issue with the second parcel but still managed to deliver it as i had contacted them regarding the issue earlier on. I contacted Tobi back with a picture of the shipping label attached and asked them to get back to me as i was not willing to pay a redelivery fee of USD20 to get my first parcel back from my local post office. Their reply was as follows, and i quote :

Thanks for your response!

Please note that your shipping address is initially correct on our end thus, it is NOT our fault your other order was not successfully delivered! This may be under the discretion of your local postal service!

Again, you're welcome to talk with them regarding why they were not able to fulfill the delivery of this order. Thus, any charges are the responsibility of the customer as all amounts in shipping your order is paid for by Tobi.

From what i can understand, shipping labels are created by the seller themselves. So how could it be the fault of my local post office that the shipping label had my unit number omitted? Throughout all the emails i have sent to them they have been pushing he blame to my local post office for not being able to successfully deliver my parcel the first time. Its been almost 3 weeks and my first parcel's whereabouts are still unknown as my local post office are trying to source out if the parcel is still in their warehouse or already sent back to Tobi. Another email from Tobi states as such :

At this time, we would be more than happy to note the order with the full and correct shipping address if you wish for our Returns Department to reship your package with a $5.00 shipping fee or we can issue a refund, upon receiving the package.

Asking me to repay an additional USD $5 along with USD $20 to get my parcel back for a mistake done on their part? Never again am i going to buy from them. I just want my money back or the clothes delivered WITHOUT having to pay additional fees. I am disgusted about the ridiculous and horrible customer service from them. If this is the way you run a business i suggest not running it at all.

RESOLVED

• Tobi's response · Feb 15, 2018

Hi Angela,

Thank you for sharing your review!

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. You are right, the shipping labels are created on our end in order to ship your package. However, we would like to further clarify that the delivery of your package was not Tobi's fault since your shipping information if correctly provided, this may have been a discretion while delivering your package, for some reason. As we would never intend for your package to not be delivered!

Additionally, shipping payment was paid in full to Tobi but the customs and duty fees are charged by your respective government. We do not claim any of the funds you pay to your government. Here are the details below:

When placing an international order, we advise to check our Terms and Conditions (as listed below) before checking out. The disclaimer must be checked to move on with the order.

“International Shipping Terms and Conditions
                          Don't Forget: Your shipment may be subject to import duties and taxes. These charges are established once the shipment reaches your country, and must be paid by you. Tobi.com has no control over these charges and you are responsible for all related fees regardless if the package is refused. I have read and agree to the International Shipping Terms and Conditions”

In the meantime, your order is making its transit back to us. Please follow your USPS tracking number to monitor when the package arrives to our facilities. Once it arrives here, it may take an additional 14 business days to process through our Returns Department. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your order has been re-shipped.

We hope this helps clarify! Thank you again for sharing your feedback!

Tobiunethical behavior, not issuing timely refund

This company is awful! Do not order anything from them!!! Since the quality of the dresses ordered were terrible, I had to return them. They use a terrible postage paid label that took 3 weeks for them to receive. They received one of my returns on 11/21/17 and still have not refunded my money. The other return sent on 11/7/17 has not been received by them yet. They do not respond to emails nor is there a telephone number. My daughter didn't know I was having problems with this company so ordered a dress 3 weeks ago. Credit card charged but still have not received her dress.

Tobirefund

I have contacted Tobi multiple times. I sent a return 2 months ago. Have not goetyen my refund. And now nobody is even responding. And previously it's just same answer. I want a contact phone number. And call from management ASAP ! This company is horrible. I am disgusted with their service. And will never order again from them.

Hessy Derman Order # 6402653

[protected]

Tobido not under any circumstance order from this company!

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! Not only are the clothes cheaply made, but they are obviously running some kind of scam.
                            They received my return 22 days ago and continue to give me the runaround about getting my money back. They'll tell me I'll get it by a certain date, and then when I don't, they give me a new date. They have no phone number, obviously because of their HORRIBLE customer service.

Tobinot receiving a dress

I ordered a dress on 11/12/17 & paid for 3-5 day shipping expecting the dress to get here no later than maybe the 18th-20th. It is now the 18th & I just checked the tracking number & it says the dress hasn't even been processed yet & is still on its way to tobi to be shipped out. I emailed & got no response. I would appreciate if someone would get back to me. I needed the dress for thanksgiving & by the looks of it I won't be getting it. Is there any way someone would be able to contact me via email or telephone & try to ensure the dress gets here by the 22nd?

Tobi — I want my money back

Why do so many companies care nothing about their customers? nobi is not an exception. Maybe their management...

Tobi — return order

I am trying to get ahold of someone now for a week of how to return 2 dresses, I have the order number and...

Tobi — Thieves

I'm an honest person, so it's very hard to realize that someone can treat me in a different way. I don't...

Tobireturn/refund

Do not waste your money here! They won't even process your return correctly and it's been 2 months and have not returned my money. I received an email today that I will only be receiving 50% of my refund as store credit, and that its a "one-time thing". This is a joke. All because they made a mistake on their end and processed my order wrong. They literally stole $230.00 from me

RESOLVED

• Tobi's response · Aug 22, 2017

Hi Alex,

Thank you for sharing your review with us!

We apologize to hear that your items did not work out for you! We would never hold onto your money nor steal if you are making a return. Thus, please note that if you are making a return, it must be within the 30 day window policy. If you were accommodated with store credit, it may have been due to your return being late. Although per our policy, we only accept returns if it is returned within the said window days, your return was still accepted even if the accommodation was already beyond the said policy!

Additionally, your return was not processed incorrectly. You were making a return beyond the policy but our Care Team was able to accommodate you regadless.

Thank you again for sharing your review! We appreciate it!