Complaints & Reviews

Hp Plasma“hp plasma lawsuit”

We bought an HP 50 inch plasma in 2017. Recently as we were watching it there was a very loud popping sound and it went out. has not worked at all since. We called Best Buy about a repair and they gave us a number to call. The man who contacted us back said they do not work on HP's and that they have not been in production since 2017, that the parts were difficult to find. We than called HP. They wanted a credit card to even discuss it, than they said that for 700.00 they could refurbish it...right. So, we have this 1800.00 T.V. that was supposed to be "top of the line" and Best Buy kept harping om how this thing would work for over 60, 000 hours. Considering we work 60 hours a week and don't keep the television on all of the time, it fell WAY short of that promise. We also have heard that there were specific problems with these televisions, as I am registered with the company they made no effort to contact me and offer any kind of assistance knowing there was a problem. I would think at the very least they would offer the refurbish for free or at the value of the parts which should be way less than the 700.00 they want. I bought this brand because I have always had H computers and was assured I was buying another great HP product... NOT. I am very disappointed and would very much like my money back.

• My
      myhury Feb 09, 2011

Was watching tv the screen went black was able to hear the sound without a picture had the tv for a year im so upset

• Sh
      Shannon36535 Feb 09, 2011

Plasmas dont last long. usually about 2-3 years. Was yours moved recently and did you buy an extended warranty with it?

Hp Officejet Pro 8500 Wirelessink error message when there is ink

I bought this printer about 8 months ago or less and have hardly used it, mostly because approximately 70% or more of that time, it has not synced to my computer for me to use. It is an office printer but just myself using it and my kids have been able to squeak out a few reports on it. So an ink message comes up and I am shocked it could be out of ink when I haven't even been able to use it. Took a screen shot of the ink level and it does not look ready to replace to me. Without replacing it though, the printer ceases all function such as scanning images. This is really irritating. Want my money back so I can get a printer that is not an ink scam.

ink error message when there is ink

Hp Hewlett Packardink problem - false advertising

The HP I have is awful - its a printer, scan and copy unit- no fax option- no cable comes with it- to hook it up- it's a desk jet 1055 and eats ink like no ones business. DO NOT BUY THIS, unless your made of money or have a ink factory in your backyard. NO JOKE- there is no remedy for this printer, HP has tried to make it meet the yield and has failed, and even sent to me- as a professional courtesy 2 free 61XL ink units, and they failed as well- by almost 69% to 75% - bad average!
      Even the replacement cartridge called 61XL which I can't find anywhere- that were sent to me by HP after I sent a firm letter to them about this rip off - yet even the HEFTY 61XL black ink still only pumps out 300 to 350 pages, when its yield claims to be 480 pages and I'm not printing the library of congress...where the average 61 cartridge prints less than 77 pages...forget about it- with a claim of 190 pages -yield, and I made all the adjustments that HP required me to do- but HP keep's this info to themselves so you go broke buying ink - until you wise up and complain or ask tech support.
      So back it goes to TARGET before I'm stuck with it, and back to my still working OLD 5510 all in one printer- scan- fax- copier, and the ink for this printer in a duel pack is $61.00 at Target, one color and one black ink authentic HP ink, comes in a box- yield is 500+ pages for the ink and it's right on the money - why did I change- I have no idea, guess I wanted new technology and cheaper ink - well it's true that the 61 HP ink is less expensive - $13.99 for Black- and the color one is $19.99, but you'll spend half of your working life replacing the ink, for it's not up to par. BAD DEAL- if you're looking - don't buy the 1055, its a big mistake and a rip off. I have contacted HP in the past and the problem still persist- I am going to return this unit, for its deceiving and this raises an inference of deception to get you to buy more ink, and HP is well aware of this issue and has taken no corrective measures to inform the public of the ink issue - one has to be an investigator and use you own due diligence to remedy the issue - yet there is no remedy the unit is not good and very expensive to use as opposed to other units by their competition or staying with older HP units that use ink correctly and meet the yield almost to the exact page count, this is a downturn economy after all and I view this is as ploy by HP to make more money off an inexpensive printer-that mind you has no fax capabilities that uses INK at an ALARMING RATE. RIP OFF and NOT FAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE, very disappointed.

JAMES OSTROWSKI Feb 14, 2011

Hewlett - Packard & Microsoftlottary fraud

I got a mail from hp Online Draw <[protected]@btopenworld.com>
        reply-tohp Online Draw <[protected]@hotmail.com> that I won a prize of a big amount and I need to submit my details. After looking this site, I found that the same user has been sending the sam set of frauds to more and more people. I attached here with the proof documents.

lottary fraud

• R0
            R0ckatiel Mar 04, 2011

You do realize that Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft have nothing to do with this, right? You're quite new to the scam world.

Hp / Envy 100 Printerservice

Want to waste a saturday morning? Call HP Support. I called this morning about a problem on a new envy printer. The first call took 30+ minutes. The guy in the Philippines at the call center took my info and, because they have not yet been trained to deal with envy products, said i would have to talk with someone in India at the Elite Stream (?) Engineer Group - Level 3. However, he could not get anyone in that group to answer the phone. He at least had the courtesy to ask me to call back in 30 minutes and gave me a trouble ticket number.

Idiot that I am, i called back in 30 minutes. Of course, I had to repeat everything again. The I got put on hold for 30+ minutes. I ultimately hung up and later called back and asked to talk with a supervisor. None of them would talk to me until i recounted the entire experience to the tech answering the phone. Then I got put on hold for another 10 minutes until i finally spoke with John (101921). He asked me all the information AGAIN and had the gall to ask me to diagnose the problem "its a hardware update problem, right?"

All of this after listening to 40+ minutes of advertisements on hold about HP's great customer. Gimme a break.

• Do
              Doctucker Mar 13, 2011

I have had 3 hp envy 100 printers and they all lock up n update mode, with no way to return to original menu. It will still print, but you lose copy and scan functions with no visible icons to press. This printer has an inherent design flaw and I warn everyone to stay away from this printer. There is no fix, and no one knows what to do.

Hewlett Packardhp p6654y

I purchased this desktop (HP6654Y) on 11/06/2010.It freezes up, will not shut down and Windows mail is not working 50% of the time.I have to shutdown 3-4 times a day. It has been sent 2 times for repair, a hard drive re-format and replacement of the motherboard. It did not help at all!Case manager(Justin) telle me it is the software(Mail).I uninstalled it and resinstalled...guess what it is still CRAP!I have requested a replacement but Justin(case worker say he can only authorize a repair and there is no one above him I can further my complaint...this is the 2nd and final HP computer I will buy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Ra
                Ravana Mar 03, 2011

Hi,
                Iam a microsoft certified technician. I can help you with the problem and get it fixed.
                My Email address is [protected]@att.net you can send your contact information and i can arrange a call to troubleshoot the issue. Services provided to you will be for free as an introductory offer.
                Thanking you,
                Martin
                Ravana The Nerd Squad

Hp Hp209alousy customer service

I bought printer about a year ago. I was having trouble just printing black ink. I put in a new cartridge and having the same issue. It was printing as if you were looking at it thru the other side, very light. The color prints however were fine.

I called Customer service thinking my setting might be off because the online solutions are no help. They said my warranty was up and they wouldn't even help me with any solutions after going thru everything for 15mins, serial number, model, etc... She wanted me to try the old cartridge. Needless, to say I hung up and do admit, I used foul language. Why do you buy product, have it less than a year, and you can't even ask for help?

I feel this is important because we should expect customer service every day... not just if we have a warranty.You should be able to get an answer about the product. I was not asking for anything to get fixed. I was asking how the settings should be.

I will never buy another product from them again...and if anyone else is in the market for computer/products, and you expect good customer service everyday, don't go to HP!! In my opinion, they stink!

Hewlett Packard (M) Sdn Bhdsalary discretion

Hi..I'm actually a staff for HP which has just been converted from a contract staff to permanent status.What I am not satisfied is how the management revise the salary for staff whom has work for a longer term and has yet to get an increment.
                It has been an issue among us that the salary had not been increased, not even MYR50.Whilst the travelling allowance has been taken off, until to this date they have yet to come uot with the decision of either to continue with the allowance or not.It is a nerve racking moment knowing that other staff that has just been employed 2 months after us, had their increment while us, had been left in the darker side.
                It had been a tradition within the department that the more close you with the boss the higher chances you will get an increment.
                For me, this is really absurd, really disgusting, mostly really stupid that we need to be sweet talker to get an increment.
                We couldn't really travel to work anymore, as my travelling expenses had reached a point of MYR310 per month and i could not simply move or rent out as i am already married and had already bought a house. I need to wake up at 5am every morning so that i could arrive slightly early to get to the office.
                HP office is at Cyberjaya which is located at a remote area where bus andd taxi are rarely seen around here. There is only a shuttle bus that goes around Cyberjaya and waiting time of every 15-20 minutes. From there, I have to catch another bus to Putrajaya Sentral to catch another train to Kuala Lumpur.
                HP do not have the initiative to actually get a transportation arrangement for it's staff. Even if we drive to work the cost will be around MYR350++ as per tol fare and petrol per month minus the car loan that we need to pay every month.Plus that, well, you what it's like.
                It is not a good time for me and some of my collegues to quit and find another job, but since the situation does niot change we had to think of another job.At least, a job that do appreciate it's staff for it's performance based and not from being a sweet talker and all.

Hp Hewlett Packardprinter deceptive pratice

Hp hewlett packard complaints - desk jet 1055
                  Review all hp hewlett packard complaints
                  Hp hewlett packard
                  Posted: 2010-12-11 by james ostrowski

1055 desk jet
                  Complaint rating: 0 % with 0 votes
                  Hp company
                  United states

Problem with ink, december 10, 2010
                  By
                  Duffen - see all my reviews
                  This review is from: hp deskjet 1055 all-in-one printer - black (Ch347a#b1h)
                  Hp hewlett packard
                  Posted: 2010-12-11 by james ostrowski

1055 desk jet j41oe
                  Complaint rating: 100 % with 1 votes
                  Hp
                  United states

Beware of deceptive practices by hp regarding a inexpensive printer with no fax option that uses ink at an alarming rate. Cartridge 61
                  No 61 ink in black and color does not yield as they claim on the box a 190 documents for black and 165 for color (tri color)
                  This is a deceptive lie and you will find that out of the box the printer 1055 is set to use ink at a rate of around 55 documents with a word count range of 255 to 290 and a character count of 1, 255 to 1, 999 including spaces - this is far from 190 sheets. Hp knows this they want you to buy more ink and you will unless you know you are being ripped off.
                  When you call hp customer service or tech support they run you around like a goose on a leash and then hang up on you or promise (after 7 call backs to customer service) that a supervisor will call back in 15 mins - of course this never happens and you are left with no resolve, other than a recorded call by them that may or may not be reviewed - instead you are only to be met with no resolution or promise of ownership of the problem by hp.
                  In short hp knows that the 1055 desk-jet will use ink at a alarming rate and not yield 190 pages and you will run out and buy more and more number #61 cartridges for the 1055 until they inform you that you have to reset the unit to max out the ink, this is nothing short of a deceptive practice and illegal in most states, for and by under the pretense of confidence and trust hp leads you to think that the issue lies with you and not them and milks you for 19.99 a cartridge until you catch on and call them only to be lead relentlessly in circles and even under the advisement / threat of a class action suit and deceptive practice claim with the illinois state attorney and the federal trade commission and the illinois commerce commission and the better business (bbb) they still remain steadfast in their claims and send out the unit called desk-jet 1055 usb j41oe as is - and rip off the general public and this-is false and deceptive practice and it must stop - have you been ripped off - ask for reimbursement of the ink as I have - watch how they handle it, then file a class action suit for it's time for hp to learn a very hard lesson - you don't do this to consumers who have in the past used your product and then deceive them in the long run after you have gained their confidence that leads you to believe the hp company is just and fair - for they are not. This is a marketing tool that is unfair and clearly deceptive. Submitted by james ostrowski [protected] purchased at target 31.00 with 2 mini ink cartridges and no usb cable is provided. They did answer my complaint and sent 2 xl black ink at no cost to me on 12 15 2010. Perhaps if you have the same type of claim, they may also do the same for anyone else who has been deceived by this company, uouhave to complain!!!-
                  For nothing has changed - you still have to know to go to draft quality in setting and then to fast draft / blank ink and color ink okay / and then no dpi enhancement - stay with 300 x300 - low as you can go with this printer. Good luck people. Don't - get screwed on ink purchases ! Its hard enough to find 61 ink black or color - let alone 61 xl, I have never seen it anywhere as to date jan 8 2011. Perhaps its just too new.

Hewlette Packard Pc Pavilion Elite E9290fhorrible quality & customer service

Hewlette Packard's product quality and customer service are shockingly poor, to the point of being criminal. I purchased a high end HP desktop in December of 2009 at a cost of over $1200. Three weeks after purchase the computer "Blue Screened" when exiting sleep, hibernate, and hard boot intermittently, sometimes taking all day and many boot attempts to boot successfully. In the past year I have had to send the computer in for repair (for the same issue) 4 times and the problem is still there. In addition, the power supply burned out. I will bulletize my experience below for the sake of brevity...
                    1) Blue screen from suspend and boot - Spent over an hour on phone w/customer service - asked for money back but HP would only repair. Sent computer to HP - HP replicated the issue - got computer back 3 weeks later - same issue showed up again after about a month.
                    2) Blue screen from suspend and boot - Spent over an hour on phone w/customer service - asked for money back but HP would only repair. This time HP gave me an option to take the computer to Best Buy and have the Geek Squad take a look at it, so I did. Geek Squad replicated the problem and found there was a BIOS upgrade to fix it. Upgrade BIOS - computer worked for a few months then the same problem came back again.
                    3) Blue screen from suspend and boot. By the time I got around to calling HP, the power supply also burned out - Spent 2 hours on phone w/customer service. Customer service actually insisted on stepping me through debug steps inside the chasis, unplugging boards and cables even though I have 25 years of computer industry experience and told them the power supply was smoked!!!??? - demanded money back and HP refused saying they would only repair. Sent computer to HP - HP replicated the issue and replaced the power supply and motherboard - When HP sent the computer back to me they forgot to screw the power supply to the chasis so it was bouncing around inside the chasis during shipment. - The computer worked for about 2 weeks then the same blue screen issue came back.
                    4) Blue screen from suspend and boot. - Called HP demanded money back - HP refused saying they would only repair.

OK, you get the idea. Each time I send it in, I am without computer for three weeks and I have to reload my applications and deal with any lost files/data. Stunning that a refund is not available for a product that is simply unusable, especially when the issue appeard so soon after purchase and has not been fixed after so many attempts. HP clearly does not feel any sense of consideration for their customers, nor does it feel any accountability to stand behind their product and pfrovide refunds for lemons. Once HP has your money they are happy to inconvenience and rip off their customer to any degree rather than demonstrate corporate accountability and integrity.

Hewlett Packardpavilion dv4 laptop

In oct. 2008, I purchased a new hp pavilion dv4 laptop. 23 days later, it began to malfunction. Less than 1 month old! Over the next 9 months it was sent for repair 4 different times. Each time I got it back, it worked correctly for a short period of time, then would begin malfunctioning again. So after the 4th "repair" & still malfunctioning, I emailed the president/ceo of hp. This was in the 10th month. A few weeks later a hp rep called me to get more info. After explaining all the problems & informing rep of the 4 failed attempts by hp to repair it, the rep ask what I wanted them to do. My reply was that I want hp to replace my dv4, barely over a year old, with a new dv4 or laptop of equal value since mine was obviously a lemon which could not be repaired. The reps response was: "we're not going to just give you a new laptop for free!" I argued that a free replacement would be only fair, since their product was obviously defective to begin with. The rep replied that hp would repair it for a fee since it was 40 days out of warranty. I responded that hp had made 4 attempts while it was still under warranty & failed all 4 times. Anyway, to date hp has remained totally unwilling to replace my laptop, which quit working completely on 12/12/10.
                      Bottom line; hp products suck & so does the company! Screw hp & all of their products!! (Bty: i'm using my new netbook of a different & far superior brand).

• suresh karmarkar Dec 22, 2010

You did mention what you meant by malfunction? HP is the largest selling brand in the brand. I have Toshiba for last five years with no problems so I am not supporting it either. If the laptop base is not left clear for ventilation then overheating can cause trouble. Main processor is forced cooled by the fan but also the RAM tends to become very hot and may slow down the laptop and eventually malfunction.

• Db
                          DB2010 Dec 22, 2010

The malfunctions were too numerous to list. Among the worst & most aggravating, was going off-line every few seconds. While working, I would get the message "You are not connected to a network", so I'd re- connect, & begin working again, only to have the same thing happen every minute or so! Then there was the freezing-up of the screen saver. Almost every time I wanted to use it after the screen saver had started, I could left & right-click & move the mouse etc. until the cows came home, but still stuck on screen saver. The only way to get off screen saver, was to do a complete shut-down & restart. Then there was the problem of the screen constantly going black while I was trying to work. I'd be in the middle of answering mail or checking my website, when suddenly the screen would go black. Each time I'd have to hit ctrl (or was it alt) & f7 to get the screen back on. This always took a minute or more. Also, the "Y" key came off the key board & the top/lid separated from the screen! Even though it won't even turn on now, I still have it & the top is held together with packaging tape. Ther were many other problems, but I'm sure you get the idea.

• Db
                          DB2010 Dec 22, 2010

PS: I made sure it never overheated. Always used it on a lap cooler w/ fans running.

Hp G60 - 635dxrepair service

In beginning of December of 2010, I sent my HP G60-635 laptop PC for repair to HP repair center in Texas. As part of their commitment, they provided me a prepaid box via FedEx. It had some issues with the fan and overheating problem. When I originally spoke to someone over the phone, I was told that they will contact me via the phone if anything changes as far as what the repair status was. Well, I never received any type of call or even an e-mail, EVER!!! So I called two days after they received my laptop to check the status myself, the automated system asked for the order number and zip code. It did NOT recognize it, which I thought was strange enough. So when I got a rep from overseas on the line, he checked the status and said that the tech dept had accidentally put small scratches on my laptop and that they discovered that the motherboard needed to be replaced which will cost me over $400+ dollars. My laptop is still under the 1 year warranty. So to make the story short I told the rep that my motherboard was fine and to fix the scratches they put on the laptop as that was absolutely unacceptable!! So he transferred me to some other department, then he again transferred me again. Finally, I spoke to a case manager who also overseas, said that they can't do nothing for me but to send me my laptop unrepaired back to me. At this point I was on the phone for 1:15 minutes. With this case being sad as is, I will never purchase another HP product, never less an HP laptop again. This company claims to have "Award Winning" customer service, not sure how cause they don't even speak English, what awards do they get for their rudeness and disrespect?? I really had not much to say in this situation regardless of me calling and speaking to these Hippocrates. One time when I called back to check the status the rep said, " I see this is the 3rd time you called today, what do you need now?" I was like hell no!! So stay away from HP as they are unwilling to help you or repair your computer as they promise. Not only did they not fix my issue which is under warranty, but made up a fable about my motherboard being damaged, and put scratches on my laptop. Stay away from HP and spend a bit more and get Sony Vaio series.

Hp Hewlett Packard1055 desk jet j41oe

BEWARE OF Deceptive practices by HP regarding a inexpensive printer with NO fax option that uses ink at an alarming rate. CARTRIDGE 61
                          No 61 ink in black and color DOES NOT yield as they claim on the box A 190 documents for black and 165 for color ( tri color)
                          This is a deceptive lie and you will find that out of the box the printer 1055 is set to use ink at a rate of around 55 documents with a word count range of 255 to 290 and a character count of 1, 255 to 1, 999 including spaces- this is far from 190 sheets. HP KNOWS THIS THEY WANT YOU TO BUY MORE INK AND YOU WILL UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING RIPPED OFF.
                          When you call HP CUSTOMER SERVICE OR TECH SUPPORT they run you around like a goose on a leash and then hang up on you or promise ( after 7 call backs to customer service) that a supervisor will call back in 15 mins- of course this never happens and you are left with no resolve, other than a recorded call by them that may or may not be reviewed- instead you are only to be met with no resolution or promise of ownership of the problem by HP.
                          IN SHORT HP KNOWS THAT THE 1055 DESK-JET WILL USE INK AT A ALARMING RATE AND NOT YIELD 190 PAGES AND YOU WILL RUN OUT AND BUY MORE AND MORE number #61 CARTRIDGES FOR THE 1055 UNTIL THEY INFORM YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO RESET THE UNIT TO MAX OUT THE INK, THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF A DECEPTIVE PRACTICE AND ILLEGAL IN MOST STATES, for and by UNDER THE PRETENSE OF CONFIDENCE AND TRUST HP LEADS YOU TO THINK THAT THE ISSUE LIES WITH YOU AND NOT THEM AND MILKS YOU FOR 19.99 A CARTRIDGE UNTIL YOU CATCH ON AND CALL THEM ONLY TO BE LEAD RELENTLESSLY IN CIRCLES AND EVEN UNDER THE ADVISEMENT / THREAT OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE CLAIM WITH THE ILLINOIS STATE ATTORNEY AND THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AND THE ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION AND THE BETTER BUSINESS ( BBB) THEY STILL REMAIN STEADFAST IN THEIR CLAIMS AND SEND OUT THE UNIT CALLED DESK-JET 1055 USB J41OE AS IS -AND RIP OFF THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND THIS-IS FALSE AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE AND IT MUST STOP- HAVE YOU BEEN RIPPED OFF - ASK FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF THE INK AS I HAVE - WATCH HOW THEY HANDLE IT, THEN FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR IT'S TIME FOR HP TO LEARN A VERY HARD LESSON- YOU DON'T DO THIS TO CONSUMERS WHO HAVE IN THE PAST USED YOUR PRODUCT AND THEN DECEIVE THEM IN THE LONG RUN AFTER YOU HAVE GAINED THEIR CONFIDENCE THAT HAVE YOU BELIEVE THE HP COMPANY IS JUST AND FAIR - FOR THEY ARE NOT.
                          SUBMITTED BY JAMES OSTROWSKI IN CHICAGO ILLINOIS USA 12 10 2010

JAMES OSTROWSKI Dec 11, 2010

HP 1055 DESK-JET--USB IS SET TO RIP YOU OFF- INK IS USED UP FAST-BEWARE

JAMES OSTROWSKI Dec 11, 2010

PROBLEM WITH INK, December 10, 2010
                              By
                              duffen - See all my reviews
                              This review is from: HP Deskjet 1055 All-in-One Printer - Black (CH347A#B1H)
                              HP Hewlett Packard
                              Posted: 2010-12-11 by JAMES OSTROWSKI

1055 desk jet j41oe
                              Complaint Rating: 100 % with 1 votes
                              HEWLETT PACKARD COMPANY

IN SHORT HP KNOWS THAT THE 1055 DESK-JET WILL USE INK AT A ALARMING RATE AND NOT YIELD 190 PAGES AND YOU WILL RUN OUT AND BUY MORE AND MORE number #61 CARTRIDGES FOR THE 1055 UNTIL THEY INFORM YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO RESET THE UNIT TO MAX OUT THE INK, THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF A DECEPTIVE PRACTICE AND ILLEGAL IN MOST STATES, for and by UNDER THE PRETENSE OF CONFIDENCE AND TRUST HP LEADS YOU TO THINK THAT THE ISSUE LIES WITH YOU AND NOT THEM AND MILKS YOU FOR 19.99 A CARTRIDGE UNTIL YOU CATCH ON AND CALL THEM ONLY TO BE LEAD RELENTLESSLY IN CIRCLES AND EVEN UNDER THE ADVISEMENT / THREAT OF A CLASS ACTION SUIT AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE CLAIM WITH THE ILLINOIS STATE ATTORNEY AND THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AND THE ILLINOIS COMMERCE COMMISSION AND THE BETTER BUSINESS ( BBB) THEY STILL REMAIN STEADFAST IN THEIR CLAIMS AND SEND OUT THE UNIT CALLED DESK-JET 1055 USB J41OE AS IS -AND RIP OFF THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND THIS-IS FALSE AND DECEPTIVE PRACTICE AND IT MUST STOP- HAVE YOU BEEN RIPPED OFF - ASK FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF THE INK AS I HAVE - WATCH HOW THEY HANDLE IT, THEN FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR IT'S TIME FOR HP TO LEARN A VERY HARD LESSON- YOU DON'T DO THIS TO CONSUMERS WHO HAVE IN THE PAST USED YOUR PRODUCT AND THEN DECEIVE THEM IN THE LONG RUN AFTER YOU HAVE GAINED THEIR CONFIDENCE THAT LEADS YOU TO BELIEVE THE HP COMPANY IS JUST AND FAIR - FOR THEY ARE NOT. THIS IS A MARKETING TOOL THAT IS UNFAIR AND CLEARLY DECEPTIVE. SUBMITTED BY JAMES OSTROWSKI [protected] PURCHASED AT TARGET 31.00 WITH 2 MINI INK CARTRIDGES AND NO USB CABLE IS PROVIDED.

Hp Malaysialaserjet 2605dn

I sent my HP laserjet 2605dn for repairs at the Penang HP Service Center, Malaysia
                            At the time I sent my printer had 3 full color cartridges and an almost empty black cartridge
                            But when I switched on the printer after the repair I was shocked to find that the blue cartridge is almost empty
                            This is very unethical
                            I never expect that a supposedly reputable international company like HP could involve itself in such hanky panky
                            I think all HP customers must be aware of the dangers when they send their products to HP service center for repairs

HP Laptophp laptop with defective parts

Hp laptops a big disappointment to buy (my every parts are require replacement)
                              Buy it but own risk
                              Serial no: ina01401lf
                              Product no: wp670pa#acj

Its a matter of great shame for hp in which faith I purchased this laptop. I bought my laptop dv4 tu2110 in april 28, 2010. after buying I am continuously reporting different issues with my laptop.
                              First I reported my battery is faulty but as I went to service station they did not get agree. then I faced problem in my hard disk and after checking my laptop they confirmed the issue and reported that my hard disk is defective and give me replacement on 21.10.10 (ref. no: [protected]).
                              After few days again I reported problem in my battery... but they diagnose it and reported as problem in my charger not in battery and they replaced my charger on 25.10.10 (sr. no: 4710, simtech computronics ahmedabad, dated 21.10.10).
                              Now I am again facing problem in my hard disk. its bio test shows hard disk is defective and it need to be replaced. how is it possible?? only one month before, my hard disk has replaced by hp service station people and again I am facing same issue. that means I have been replaced with defective hard disk. I have already complain at support desk (ref no: [protected])
                              Now I my battery is also reporting failure.
                              Failure id :9ga860 53f5ak 8d4u2j-c09603
                              Case id is [protected].
                              I am requesting to do needful regarding my case otherwise I will have to file case against hp.

I just want to know how many times I will have to visit hp service station to get it repair... this laptop has become night mare for me.

• Yo
                                  YossiCurtis Mar 11, 2011

I understand your frustation.
                                  I bought HP desktop pavilion in 2005 in US and as soon as we turned it on we heard a loud noise coming from the cpu.
                                  reported the problem and I personally would like to return it and get refund because I felt uneasy about buying new thing but quality is poor. my husband said this should be easy to fix but unfortunately the problem is contageous I understand. in 2006 (we moved to mexico), we cannot turned on the cpu as it should be, once we managed to turn it on, we got electricute! i sent it to the hp service in mexico and they couldnt find anything wrong as they claimed but the problem persist.

in 2007 we moved to malaysia, this time the cpu is totally failed. unable to turn it on. and we sent it to HP center in kuala lumpur. they said the problem with motherboard. becasue the cpu is for north america region they cannot order the part. so we left with no option at all.

in 2008, after 1 year without turned it on, we managed to boot this cpu on! and of course after my husband got a slightly electrocuted!
                                  it was on for a while and the loud noise still there but the cpu was on.
                                  in 2010 (we moved to qatar this time) this time the cpu totally broke down and sent it to service center and they said problem with the electrical circuit on the motherboard.

So, understand that I should have return the computer on the first place once I bought it and found defective.

that's what I did when I bought HP laptop recently and heard a very loud noise that keep going on and off as if you are trying to reboot the pc every second! after a strong argument and goverment involved (as my backup plan) I got refund of that defective laptop.

lesson learnt for my husband and I, HP quite serious business to be involve with.
                                  you can buy it at your own risk!
                                  I am still traumatized buying Hp and start switching it to other brand.

Hewlett - Packardwarranty service

I was recently looking for some information on the warranty status of an obviously dead laptop. I didn't think it was under warranty for my client, but I thought I'd give it a shot to see. The online chat session said something about for warranty customers only so I figured that would confirm or deny the warranty status or not. I was wrong. I wasted about 45 minutes of my time. I hate pretty much all of the major computer manufacturers with my entire being...but HP is worst.

Chat Log follows, with identifying information removed:
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:47 PM] -- Automatically generated message:
                                Your support request has been submitted and is in queue. Please wait momentarily while the
                                system connects you with the next available support specialist.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:47 PM] -- Automatically generated message:
                                You are now chatting with support specialist Ajay S.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:48 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Welcome to HP Total Care for Notebook support. My name is Ajay. Please give me a few moments
                                while I review your issue description.
                                NOTE: For security reasons, PLEASE DO NOT send credit card information via chat.
                                Hello Donald.
                                How are you?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:48 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I need to have this unit sent in for repair
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:49 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Plugged in or on battery, unit will not power up. Pressing power button spins up fan and flashes
                                lights for 1 second, then shuts back off again.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:49 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Sure, I would certainly do my best to assist you in this regard.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:49 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Power supply does provide proper voltage.
                                thanks ajay.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:50 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                I understand that the Notebook does not turn on and the BIOs screen does not open up at the
                                startup. Am I correct?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:50 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                that is correct
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:51 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Thank you for confirming.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:51 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Nathan, have you tried hard reset steps to turn on the Notebook?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:52 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                ... Remove battery, remove power cord... Anything other than that?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:53 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Let me provide the steps.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:54 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
                                2. Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:55 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                3. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers
                                or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external
                                speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
                                4. Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical
                                charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
                                5. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC; but do not connect any of
                                the peripheral devices.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:55 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                6. Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:55 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                yeah
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:55 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                did that already
                                Alright.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:56 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Nathan, have you tried removing/reseating the RAM modules as well?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:56 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Also removed RAM and HDD, no changes
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:56 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:56 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Nathan, as you have tried all basic troubleshooting steps. The issue looks to be with the
                                Motherboard of the Notebook.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:57 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I usually get paid well for doing so. :)
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:57 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                yes it does
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:58 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Nathan, In this case I can arrange a paid repair service for the Notebook to fix this issue.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:58 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                The cost of the paid repair service would be around $398 + taxes.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:59 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                lol
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:59 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                It includes, complete diagnosis of the Notebook, 90 days of warranty for replaced/repaired
                                warranty, shipping charges.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 1:59 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I thought that 'instant chat' was only for units under warranty...and that I gave unit serial number
                                and such for hte system to check.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:00 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                since I got into the system, I am then assured that I have warranty.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:00 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                If I have warranty, you can fix it for free because HP obviously shipped out a faulty unit...which has
                                shown in the more recent earnings...they have been sending out a lot of junk lately.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:01 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Lisa, I see that th ewarranty of the Notebook was expired on 2008-11-22 (YYYY-MM-DD).
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:02 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                you've called me Donald, Nathan, and now Lisa.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:03 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                I am sorry, for the typo.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:03 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                But you may check the warranty of the Notebook at the below weblink.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:04 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Please enter the serial number and the product number of the Notebook.
                                S/N: XXXXXXXX
                                P/N: XXXXXX
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:04 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Are you able to access the webpage?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:05 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                wow...what a phenomenal waste of my time...
                                also shows a nice "
                                Chat online with a support technician
                                Get the help you need instantly. Enjoy real time chat with an HP technician.
                                » Chat with an HP Support Technician (only available for in-warranty customers)."
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:05 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I'm not supposed to talk to you at all if all you want to do sell me an old laptop
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:06 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                We regret for the inconvenience caused due to this. The implementation of in-warranty customers
                                for chat support is under process.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:06 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                yes it is in process
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:06 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                and due to false advertising and jerking my chain for the last 30 minutes...
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:07 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I need you to either man up and fix this laptop or let me talk to your supervisor...more than likely
                                fixing this will cost a whole lot less than 1 minute of HP's lawyers time
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:07 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I've already printed the page that states chat is only for warranty customers...
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:08 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I was pretty excited to see that it was under warranty...as I didn't think it was myself. I didn't have
                                any simple way to FIND whether it was under warranty other than to see if I got allowed into the
                                chat session or not.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:09 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Nathan, I see that your Notebook is more than 3 years old. HP Notebook does not go with 3 year
                                manufacturer warranty.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:10 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                dude...the fine automated system let me in. It is supposed to tell me that up front rather than
                                waste both of our time
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:11 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                I agree, as mentioned earlier the implementation of in-warranty customers for chat support is
                                under process.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:11 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Perhaps we can work out a deal where I get a NEW motherboard (I've been shipped used, also
                                faulty parts before) for around the proper price of $70.
                                Hope you can understand.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:11 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                There are other ways to check the warranty of the Notebook as well.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:12 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I can understand that your company is liable for stupidity and false advertising...
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:12 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Yes there are other ways...but I'm sure you'll understand that most major manufacturers make
                                more $$ by getting people to give up before they get anywhere.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:13 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                We regret for the inconvenience caused due to this.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:13 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                If it wsa easy for them to find warranty info...then they wouldn't get the fine upsell for $400 from
                                you. :)
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:15 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                so...
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:15 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I asked about 10 minutes ago to speak to a manager about false advertising and your lack of
                                ability to fulfill something promised. Am I also being denied that simple right also?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:15 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                We do not have option to setup a free repair service for the Notebook. Since the Notebook is
                                being out of warranty.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:16 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Yes...and I is being American with federal protections against false advertising and millions of
                                people that might get a chuckle out of this while they go Christmas shopping.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:17 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                We regret for the inconvenience caused due to this.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:17 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Is there any other technical issue I can help you with?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:17 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                It is not my inconvenience...it is HP's. They are indeed very liable...and the more you BS me...the
                                more upset most become.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:17 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:18 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                technically..you can let me chat with a manager.
                                no offense...
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:18 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I know your primary purpose in life is to make me go away. :) I'm not mad at you man.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:18 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                You have done your job well.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:18 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Nathan, even my manager could not setup the free repair service. You would be expecting the
                                same answer from him as well.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:19 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I'm also waiting on a not stupid priced parts only repair option.
                                30 minutes now...
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:21 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                The repair option is already explained above. The cost of the repair service would be around $398
                                + taxes to fix the motherboard issue.
                                Dude...
                                I'm the one that usually makes the $100 per repair
                                I need parts
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:22 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Okay.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:22 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I'm pretty sure I don't need to waste shipping and time re-diagnosing it again with your service
                                techs
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:22 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Are you looking for the Motheboard part?
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:22 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I want the @#$%#@$ parts
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:23 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Though it is usually preferable to order both a motherboard, and video card if applicable...since
                                not having both makes it impossible to ensure that we have corrected the problem.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:24 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Nathan, the video card will be integrated on the motherboard. So you may order the Motherboard
                                to fix this issue.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:25 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                k. They don't always come that way and I haven't torn this one apart yet. :)
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:25 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Here is the part number and specifications of the Motherboard.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:26 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Part number: [protected] Specifications: System board (motherboard) for Pavilion dv6000 series -
                                Full-featured (U MA) with integrated Realtek (RT8201CL) NIC .
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:26 PM] -- Ajay S says:
                                Cost of the motherboard would be $244.15 + taxes.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:26 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I'll take the $115 option. Thanks anyway.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:27 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                I am always amazed at how 'direct from the manufacturer' is always...ALWAYS 2-3 times the price.
                                [Sunday, November 28, 2010 2:28 PM] -- XXXCustomerXXX says:
                                Goodbye. Thanks for making a fine post for the internet and a few tech related news
                                organizations. At least the editors will giggle about it.

warranty service

Crtg Hp 802bcartrige failed to give optimum use.

I purchased cartriage HP 802B vide invoice no. RSS/2036 dt. 03/11/2010 from Radha Systems and solutions, Airoli, Navi Mumbai. After taking about 20 prints, cartriage dried out and blinked as low ink. We contacted your help line, the lady officer tried her level best but could not solve our pr0blem. She has given us Mumbai Contact no. We sent our represensative on that address at Vikhroli. Officer concerned at Vikhroli informed us that their is no gurantee for Cartriages.
                                  I am suprised to know that when their is no guarantee why the customer should spend Rs. 425/- to purchase the cartriage. I am also seeing your advt. in each and every availaber media claiming the reduction in printing Cost. I failed to understand if the cartriage becomes useless after printing 20 copies how am i going to save the costs. I am also told that their is n support for this product. Which means you are misguiding the customers and extracting money from him and giving him a product which have no technical support from your company. I think this is the very reason why customers like me opt for refilling from any other unauthorized shop for rs. 50/- which ultimately results into reduction in your sale. Which i hope you understand. I hope you will redress my complaint within a week else i will be compelled to lodge the complaint with the consumer forum, which please note.

Hp Compaq Laptopwarranty is useless

Bought a second HP Compaq laptop six months ago after the first died from old age, I literally picked it up from the kitchen table to move it out of the way of my son and a third of the screen became broken. No external damage can be seen or felt the screen is stil intact. I sent off to HP and their 'engineer' states that a 'big' force was used and hence caused the damage. When I asked what could cause this 'big' force I was told that a pen or a finger would do it. All I did was move the useless piece of plastic 4 inches!!

SO TO ANYONE EVER THINKING OF BUYING HP - JUST DON'T, IT'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY & TIME YOU'LL WASTE

BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT - THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE CANNOT BE ANY WORSE

Hp Pavilion Dv6 3050 Tx Core I7 Laptopkeypad

Some keys are not working, so plzzz provide same new one for me.

Hp Dv5 - 1016tx 15. 4& Wsxgascreenaid - bad products & customer service

I ordered the display (DV5-1016tx 15.4" WSXGA+(1680x1050) glossy LCD) in 11/18/2010 from Screenaid. I paid to have it sent Priority Mail and received it in 2 days. It was inside a static-free bag and wrapped in bubble wrap within the box. I installed it (took about 2 hours). It was not working fine! Screen Start with GREEN Display and Even Resolution was Very Very Poor.even I could not read Text. So finally I replace with my old original Screen. I have mailed to scrrenaid, for replacing the screen which he was send to me and Still I am witing for their response.
                                        This company is a SCAM. They provide HORRIBLE customer "service"...

MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE OUT THERE IS TO STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR F-A-R AWAY!
                                        BR-Anil Kumar
                                        my order details was :
                                        Order Information - Order #[protected] Qty. Products Total
                                        1 ea. HP Pavilion DV5-1016TX Laptop LCD Screen 15.4" WSXGA+(1680x1050) Glossy $130.99

$130.99Sub-Total:
                                        $39.99International Express Mail (4 to 6 days International Express Mail Service):
                                        $170.98Total:

Status History & Comments Date Order Status Comments
                                        11/18/2010 Processing Only Glossy Screen (1680 x 1050) WSXGA+ NODEAD Pixel
                                        11/18/2010 Processing Transaction ID: 0VW38412P6191464D
                                        Payment Type: PayPal Express Checkout (instant)
                                        Timestamp: 2010-11-18T15:39:50Z

Bangalore, 560075
                                        Karnataka, India
                                        Phone:
                                        Shipping Method
                                        International Express Mail (4 to 6 days International Express Mail Service)Billing Address
                                        ANIL Kumar