HelloFreshAutomatically signed me up!

K

I received a discount code from my friend and decided to try HelloFresh. Everything was fine, I made an order and received it quit fast. Food was delicious and tasty and I really enjoyed their attached recipes. But as soon as I used the code and provided my credit card details they automatically signed me up without my permission! I never said that I wanted to sign up, all I wanted was to try their service! Called HelloFresh and asked them to cancel my subscription but it was not done! I'm very disappointed with HelloFresh service.

• He
    HelloFresh USA Jun 06, 2016

This is Jordan, our community team lead at HelloFresh. I just wanted to clarify and explain why you were charged. We are an automatic weekly delivery service, and we do our best to make our subscription policies as transparent as possible before and after checkout (see screenshots). We remind you of this policy clearly at checkout and in two reminder emails between checkout and cutoff time.You can cancel your subscription at any time before Wednesday at 11:59pm, the week prior to delivery for weekday deliveries, and before Monday at 11:59pm, the week of, for Saturday deliveries. Please email [email protected], and we will make it right.

Comments
    Comments

• Be
    [email protected] Aug 26, 2020

I too wanted to give Hello Fresh a try, my first week order was ok with the exception of my lemons being dried out a bit definitely not fresh. I decided not to order again and about a month later checking my bank account they had automatically debited 41.00 dollars out of my account and sent me a meal plan I didn’t pick or ask for, one of the meals being pork chops and I don’t even eat pork!
    I contacted their customer service and the rep I spoke to was very apologetic and immediately set up a refund for the order with no problem and made sure my service was canceled with Hello Fresh. I definitely would not recommend them to anyone after this experience though.