Hazelton'slies, rip off, unreliable

S

on October 12, 2017 I ordered a custom bucket to be delivered to my husband, as a surprise on his 40th birthday. ORDER NO. 50668.
His birthday was the next business day. I chose the "Same Day Hand Delivery - Guaranteed" to businesses by 5 pm/ residences by 8 pm. I specifically instructed them to get to to his workplace by 4:00pm. I also mentioned on the order note that, if they were unable to do so, to cancel it.
I got a call the next morning from Hazelton's Canada about a discrepancy with my order. They have charged me more for in item due to an error in their website. I asked for a refund. I also reminded them of the 4:00 pm deadline and was assured that it will be done.
Around 3:20 pm, I called customer service to inquire about the delivery. They said that the driver was still an hour away and won't make it by 4:00om. I was really disappointed. They assured me that it will be delivered to my home by 8:00 pm. They even reconfirmed my home address.
My husband left work at 4:15pm. He called me and said he was received several calls from a guy inquiring about when he will leave work (!) and that he is running late for his delivery. He also started to go on about how he was all these other deliveries to make to Oakville and such! First of all, my husband was the recipient of a surprise. It is beyond me why the driver will call him and not me! Secondly, it is definitely not my husband's problem if he has too many deliveries to make. Right there an then the company failed me! My husband, not knowing anything about what was going on, asked the driver to deliver whatever it was to our home address.
Despite my original request of 4:00 pm deliver, my 2nd phone request to get it delivered to my home (since they failed to keep their commitment), and my husband's request to the driver; the gift basket was still delivered to his workplace on a Friday at 4:48 pm, before a long-weekend, by the same driver who called and harassed him multiple times at his work!!!
As soon as I got the delivery notification, I called the delivery guy on his cell, begging him to get it to my home by 8:00 pm. He flatout lied about ever knowing about the 4:00pm deadline, or about the home delivery. He said, he is leaving for Mississauga and can do nothing about my problem; as if he gives a [censor]!
My husband came home on his 40th birthday without getting his surprise, or a present waiting for him on his big day!
The next morning I called the customer service and asked for a refund, since they have failed to do what they have charged me for - "Same day hand delivery", taunted my husband at his workplace, and caused me to lose face. She was the same person I have been speaking with all of yesterday; and yet, she went back on her words and said, they did what they are supposed to do and delivered before 5!!!
Hazelton's have totally ruined our day unapologetically. They did not reimbursed me for the original overcharge; nor they have refunded me for their failure to provide me service. They haven't even called me back to inquire about my complain.
I have nothing but regret that I took my business to them!