Havertys FurnitureTerrible product

I

I purchased a Mitchell 866600 Sofa along with 2 other pieces from Havertys in Ft. Myers, Fl. The fabric and construction seemed to be good quality in the store, but upon delivery it is the worst example of a sofa I have ever seen.

I am totally disgusted with this item. The 3 cushion sofa has a separate spring support system. The cushions are very firm, but the end ones compress into the arms of the sofa and will not return to a decent position when you get up. I have to pull them back up each time someone sits on it.

All 3 cushions compress at the fronts so you are always at an sloping angle as well. The texture of the fabric is the only reason I have not slid onto the floor, but a silkier fabric would allow that to occur.

A repairman was sent out, and said there was nothing he could do except recommend a replacement, which was offered to me by the manager of the Palm Harbor store. I only had 20 days to select a replacement sofa.

The store had absolutely nothing in stock that would match any of my other

decor, and I could not wait for a special ordered sofa to come into the store, so I decided to try and live with this most uncomfortable sofa.

It got even worse, so I placed a piece of plywood under the cushions to see if that would help. The cushions still sink, slope and look terrible.

Havertys does not tell you the manufacturer of some of their items, so I can't go back to them either. Just want to let others know that Havertys quality is not always as it seems.

• Sg
    S.Glen Jul 19, 2010

I was in Haverty's store today looking at the Mitchell sofa. I liked it but wanted to come and do some more research. Thanks so very much for this review. I will leave it in the store.