Hathway Internetshaddy services provided for internet broadband connection!

A

I recently took a new internet broadband connection from Hathway Internet. The connection has been down since last week, but nothing has moved inspite of repeated reminders to the concerned authorities. The installation took more than 10 days as against promised to have the complete installation of modem including the wiring etc done within 24 hrs max. This is inspite of talking to there topmost authority at Hyderabad, giving numerous complaints etc.

The local authorities at Hyderabad does not even entertain phone calls and never act as promised by them. I took a 256 kps speed connection but actually getting something 64kps speed connection.

Overall its been a pathetic experience... a cool advice is not to take Hathway internet connection. Should opt for some other services available.

Raja Dec 02, 2006

I am in Hyderabad. Hathway sucks! These guys are very sloppy. They are big cheats too. I had disconnected their service in September, 2006. They had, till this day, never replied to my several phone calls. Leave alone the security deposit, they hadn’t given adjusted amount they owe me. I WANT NO ONE ELSE TO SUFFER LIKE THIS. PLEASE DON’T SUBSCRIBE TO HATHWAY INTERNET. Their customer service is very bad. They had changed their customer service number and they never informed their customers. They don’t answer customers when they know their might be some problem. Hathway asks you to pay Rs.1000/- for the ‘FREE TO USE’ modem They never collect the modem. They are very slow(very bad) in responding to customers. I am not sure about other services but surely Hathway sucks and I want to see that they close their freaking business soon… SHAME ON HATHWAY… YOU REALLY SUCK!!! Any suggestions on good Internet, kindly reply…

Sheru Mar 12, 2007

We cannot surely say that all the internet providers will be giving the exact speed of what we have taken for... In service industry there will be no 100percnt guarantee reg the service.

Even while comparing to other networks like sify, tata indicom, airtel... Hathway is 70 percent best in service industry in Hyderabad.

Janardan Apr 09, 2007

I have subscribed to Hathway, Digital set top-box and also broadband connection in Bangalore (near Sarjapura Road). I am extremely happy with their service. There are instances where I faced network problem. Upon reporting, they do take action and also call me when service is up.

• Gm
    GMisra Apr 29, 2007

I am in Bangalore. Hathway service is no better than BSNL. Very sarkari. Pathetic response system. Never recommended in Bnagalore.

Rahul Jun 06, 2007

My experience has been pathetic. I don't really understand how do they run their business. It's been 10 days I've been calling them to fix my net issue. Till now they couldn't really provide me with a technical person. Last month it took almost two weeks to get my connection renewed. this is life's biggest mistake I've ever done. I would like to advise people not to take Hathaway no matter how urgent that is.

Shamit Mukherjee Jun 12, 2007

My requirements around download speed, etc are limited and I think Hathway is able to fulfill them. But the real pain is when you have to renew your contract / interface with their customer care or renewal functions people. They are not only unresponsive but also arrogant. The funny part is that it is not just the front desk but the attitude exists in the senior ranks also. I really think there is a big chance for someone to capitalize in this business. I really wonder how long it will take for someone to come and take away hathway's business.

I am from Mumbai.

Raghavendra Teja Jun 18, 2007

I am new customer to hathway internet and taken the connection last week the funny thing is that earlier i had broadband connection which i had disconnected the line but the cable is lying with me the installation fellow of hathway came he had installed the modem and not done the cabling and he had fixed the old cable to the modem this is the way the installation people and after when i had searched for the cable it was lying at the top floor i dragged the cable and fitted to the modem i was shocked the executive has said i get a speed of 256 kbps when i checked it am getting a speed around 80 to 85 kpbs...

• Dc
    D. Chandrasekhar Rao Jun 19, 2007

My internet connection is not working for the past 10 days. Even after repeated complaints no service personnel from Hathway was deputed to look into the same. If this continues, i might have to rethink about continuing with hathway.

• Na
    nagesh ganti Jun 20, 2007

Hi! I registered for hathway connection on 13th of june. Mine is prepaid connection so i paid full amount which is 512 kbps plans for 3 months. After that the drama started. They told me installation will be done maximum of 2 days. I did several calls for cabling and after that again making few more calls i got modem installation too finally on 16th of june. The funniest thing is after doing every thing i did not get anything.no internet. So i started calling customer care number along with all engineers numbers.everyone told me same answer like it will be resolved by today evening.so 2 more days over. At last i got internet on 19th of june. After so many calls to engineers and customer care. Again here comes the speed. I registered for 512 KBPS but i am getting download speed of files as in between 5 to 10kbps in morning and 1 to 3 kbps in nites. Again i already complained about this 3 times no one called me back and no technician came to my home.it really sucks. 1 year back i used BSNL broadband that was very nice.i thought of using that now also but they people not giving new connections.so i chose HATH WAY. That was my biggest mistake. So i suggest if you want genuine speed and good service don't chose hathway. Its better to take BSNL rather than this. I don't know whether i will get speed or not now. If some one know where to reach to resolve problem please inform me. This customer number most of the time engage only.

Raja Akella Jul 31, 2007

This is the worst Internet provider. Service takes years. They will say they will correct today and you might have already changed your calenders to be next year still waiting for the service. Pathetic. Never Ever go for this.

karthika Aug 03, 2007

I request ppl not to take this service. It really sucks.. Hathway service providers never attend to the problems immediately.. Its waste of time to call them.. HORRIBLE SERVICE

karthika Aug 03, 2007

HATHWAY is the worst.. Those ppl never attend to the customers complaint.. very poor service providers..
    i request them to hire few more ppl in the technical n renewal dept.. otherwise, its really difficult for them to survive in the present market..

karthika Aug 03, 2007

I recently took a new internet broadband connection from Hathway Internet. The connection has been down since last week , but nothing has moved inspite of repeated reminders to the concerned authorities.

• Jh
    J. H. Warren Aug 03, 2007

Hughes.net definitely wins as the worst ISP.

They are supposed to have a place to check on usage so one does not exceed the so-called "Fair Access Policy". But I cannot access it even though customers are supposed to be able to do so. To date, I've spent 3 hrs. and 40+ minutes with Customer Dis-service and been apologized to profusely (excessively, actually, in accents that are often difficult to understand ) but the problem is never fixed. I've sent five emails about this problem and each one suggests that the recipient does not/cannot read. The reply tells me how to access the usage page... which I just explained in my email that I have done and nothing shows up! Talk about frustrating...

It is crucial to know how much you've downloaded because at the paltry sum of $60/mo. you only get 200mb of download per day. That's right, no YouTube vids for your kids, no music downloads, hell, I'm even afraid to download a news clip on CNN. If you exceed your allotment, they slow you down to speeds slower than dial-up as punishment for 24hrs.

Of course, if you pay more, you can download more. This appears to be a new policy as it certainly was not in effect when we got our plan in '06.

I'm convinced they do not want customers to see that they are actually well within their download limits so that they will be forced into buying a more expensive plan for $10 or $20 more per month... at god-knows-how-many customers, what a great get rich fast/screw the customer scheme!!

Hughes - the worst customer service I've ever experienced-truly

- sketchy internet service provider (should probably be checked out by the FCC, FTC, whoever oversees internet communication and service)
    - all tech support is outsourced so if you have trouble understanding accents, forget it

• Ri
    rips Aug 31, 2007

Hi folks,

I m solely agree with urs comments. They are sick... services are pathetic... they promised a lot... but the customer as well as technical services are screwed up which they claim customer value addition... really man Hathway sucks! These guys are very sloppy. I got myself taken a new internet connection to 512... so called speed... but the pain in the ### is it, never gets connected to INTERNET. That installation engineer told me to wait for 30 mins so that the blinking light on modem will settle down. Its going to be more than 72 hrs since then. After repeated calling these service engineer never turned up... new advancement is, at last its settled down but in 'OFF' mode. No blinking at all.

The height is just go to their website u would find a news about Hathway implementing "oracle financial ERP" to streamline. Process... hey guys hold on. You should have something in place then only u can streamline. Right. First they should make their basic clear... they are dreaming of servicing broad band... ridiculous. All the losers are their employee...

raj Sep 05, 2007

I completely agree HATHWAYS SUCKS>> The reps even go to an extent of lying that it 3 gb download per day. In fact its for 3 months and once the 3gb is over the just disconnect the service even if the service was there for few days (not to mention regular connection issue).

sandeep wagh Sep 20, 2007

I am also agree that HATHWAYS SUCKS. Waste of time and money

• Sb
    sbanerjee Nov 19, 2007

Agree completely, no point in trying to reach the customer support folks, since everyday seems to be a new issue, and still nothing works. Am stuck at home without internet most of the time, I am definitely not renewing my connection with them.

Rafique Jan 21, 2008

Hathway is one of the worst service i have ever come across in my life time. It works much worst than a govt. office.

I took hathway broad band connection 3 months back, believe me or not it worked only for max 10 -15 days.. I took this connection to get a flexibility of working from home, but internet never worked well ( 90% of the time cable light is down which means no signal).. and no responce from customer service guys.. they give falls promise saying in 1 hour u'll get connection its fakeway than hathway..

I am seriously planning to give complain in customer care!

Cheers!

• He
    Hemanth Mar 27, 2008

Hi,

I had applied for an interenet connection from Hathway in the month of Jan. Their sales executive came to us and sold the package. I made the payment and still now i haven't got the connection, when i call customer care they hanp up the phone. I tried reaching their corporate number but no one from Hathcway even care to cll back and say please collect your money we cann ot give you the connection.

I am not worried of my money, but Hathway besing such a big company, its service sucks. Yes Hathway Sucks, I need some one from the company to help me on this.

Hemanth

Shabnam Shaikh Jun 21, 2008

Yes, I do agree with the above complaints. Hathway people are bloody fool. I want to give suggestion to them that if they are having the business all over than why the hell they do this kind of cheapness. I am also suffering from the same problem. I have given complaints so many times only to shift the connection in the same office but these people are bloody rascals. They don't know how to run a business. So why should they open the office of service provider.

• Pr
    Prabakar Jul 17, 2008

I agree all the comments about Hathway. Hathway sucks to customers, number 1 cheaters in hyderabad, i don't know about other places. I WOULD SUGGEST EVERYONE TO NOT TO GO FOR HATHWAY INTERNET CONNECTION AT ALL IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE. THEY ARE SIMPLY ###ERS****

Samir Kanparia Nov 30, 2008

Please do favour to your self. NEVER EVER subscribe to hathway internet. One of worsts. I have subscribed to 1 Mbps plan in Mumbai. I don't get more than 250-230 kbps. Big time cheats. I spoke to their customer service but no use. I have decided to take some action against them. Lodging police complaint and going to consumer court. I have also initiated social awareness about them to educate people about their services.

Ankur Goyal Aug 11, 2009

Really it sucks in the Bangalore...there is only contact no. to contact them...and you will find only one person to take the call in the billing and technical department both... customer care is totally fake... Salesperson are the biggest lier... after taking the connection they behave like the HITLER...

they can disconnect your connection without any prior information and a week before the due date of bill...
    I will recommend to go with airtel/bsnl if possible...

• Vi
    vinod-hyd Oct 20, 2009

I used hathway connection for a 2month 3rd month i was not paid and disconnected till the date i get notified by hathway of due payment and keep on sending message of due payment they not taken the device and not even calling for payment to collect, it's 1yr 4months now.

• Su
    sunny009 May 03, 2011

hello ...,
    sir we told to ur help line off., 2 put our net hold but they dnt kept.,
    plz keep our net hold .k
    our acc., no is 674545...
    thnk...u

• Su
    sunny00 May 11, 2011

hello sir...,
    my name is shashank...
    we told u 2 days back to do hold our net connection...
    u dnt did till now ...
    our acc no is 674545...,
    i thnk now u will be respond...k

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices