Menu
Harley Davidson Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Harley Davidson
reviews and complaints

www.harley-davidson.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.7 277 Reviews

How responsive is Harley Davidson's customer service?

46 Resolved
231 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
Harley Davidson is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that Harley Davidson has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Harley Davidson has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Harley Davidson reviews and complaints 277

Sort by:

Newest Harley Davidson reviews and complaints

5:15 pm EDT

Harley Davidson 2015 harley davidson cvo street glide screaming eagle 110ci

my bike is burning about 2 quarts of oil in 5000 miles and now has bent a valve at 27000 miles and your esp warranty i purchased wont cover the cost of repairs due to oil consumption i was told at the time of purchase every moving part of the engine was covered by this esp warranty i have a digital dipstick and check the oil every time i ride the bike and have never run it low and have been very strict with the maintenance of my bike only using the very best products available at this point i am very very angry and if this is not resolved i will never buy a harley davidson again sincerely ADG MC Jack TAUTFEST

3:51 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Harley Davidson complaining about a service received september 25, 2017 at the bowling green harley davidson store

On september 25, 2017 we had two motorcycles that hd put tires on both motorcycles and between september 25, 2017 and today's day we rode the bikes only three times on short runs. I noticed after checking the tires that they were 15 pounds below the normal weight and there was also a brake chamber bolt missing on the back of one motorcycle. I contacted the harley davidson store in bowling green kentucky and got no response or returned call and also was hung up on and that's not the first time that we have had them worked on at the bowling green facility and been disappointed with poor customer service and missing parts. I contacted the harley davidson store in bowling green kentucky and got no response or returned call and also was allegedly hung up on and that's not the first time that we have had them worked on at the bowling green facility and been disappointed.in the past we have purchased three motorcycles from this dealership and have not had good service but since it is close to our residence that is where we go and we would like to be contacted back about the service we have received in the past in order to continue service in the future. My phone number is [protected] and my name is scottie ford. If this particular motorcycle had been rode at a long distance or high speed it could have caused a wreck and it could have caused a for fatality.

9:32 am EDT

Harley Davidson 2014 ultra limited

Front brake switch
Switch is not operating brake light. Dealer says 2014 Harley went to new electronic switch . I've seen on web other owners with same issue, but no recall. This seems like a safety issue to me ( I don't know how long I was driving bike with this issue) our state yearly safety check caught problem. I've only got 10, 900 miles on bike and this repair to me seems out of the ordinary and pricey repair. The switch alone looks to be around 200$ and that's not the labor? I'm taking into dealer hear in Roanoke, Va 24019 July 3, 2018 I believe this is a safety bad part issue and should be addressed, any help would be appreciated.
Brian Daniel
5825 Plantation Rd
Roanoke, Va 24019 phone [protected]) [protected]@aol.com

1:35 pm EDT

Harley Davidson 2018 road king

I recently purchased a 2018 Road King. Shortly after I noticed excessive tappet noise so I brought it back to the dealer. I was told the noise was normal because HD rebuild the engine and made some changes to the 107 which is the cause and they received many complaints about the same thing. They also told me they could quiet the noise but it would cost me about $550 to $600 dollars. So if I understand this correctly, HD is selling bikes with engines they know have excessive tappet noise only to make you pay $550 to fix it. Why wasn't the engine build using the products they use to fix it? Is it even legal to produce a product knowing it does not function properly only to demand money to fix it? I already paid over $18000 for the bike, I shouldn't have to put out $550 to fix a known problem. This has taken the joy out of riding for me as I get very irritated hearing the noise when I ride, I hardly ride it anymore, it just sits in my garage. I feel Harley Davidson should fix the problem under warranty and I shouldn't have to pay to have it done. Would Harley Davidson fix this for me so I can start enjoying riding again? This bike was to be my retirement entertainment and being on a fixed income I cannot afford $550 to get it fixed. I hope HD is willing to make me a happy customer.

P
3:39 am EDT

Harley Davidson mens boots

I have been a customer for many years. Purchasing clothing, Boots, Books and accessories from the Harley Davidson stores. But with this last purchase of Boots the sipper broke and the boots are new just worn a few times. I went to try and get a credit refund but since I couldn't find my receipt they wouldn't take them back. Even though they were defective. You can see were the teeth of the zipper broke. I am truly disappointed that they would not help me with this purchase. I bought these as a gift and i feel ripped off.

Update by peanut78
Jun 16, 2018 3:44 am EDT

Very poor customer service. I will probably stop purchasing products from Davidson store. The boots that I bought were really nice. They didn't even last but a few wears then the sipper broke. Surely a defected product.

L
9:57 am EDT

Harley Davidson 2018 street bob

Hello, I have to start by saying that up until last year I have always disliked Harley-Davidson motorcycles but on seeing the new 2018 softails I was quite pleasantly surprised.
I purchased a new 2018 Street Bob in January from my local uk dealership, Guildford Harley Davidson and had the machine fitted with a stage 1 tune and Screaming eagle slip ons. All seemed fine until the weather allowed me to actually ride the bike.
Having completed only 100 miles the bike began leaking oil from both cylinders. It has been returned to the dealership for assessment and repair.
I find this totally unacceptable for a bike of this cost and with so little mileage which is under 6 months old.
I am now beginning to wish that I had maintained my original opinion of Harley-Davidson and not bought one, uk customer support were useless when I called them, hence my email to you.
I look forward to hearing your thought about this.
This example of poor manufacture/ engineering will only set a bad example for the Harley-Davidson brand.
David Smith

8:41 am EDT

Harley Davidson overheating on 2007 harley softail 1600cc caused engine failure

We purchased a Harley Softail 1600 from Bikers in Jersey Channel Islands. This bike was purchased new from the show room.

On riding it in France in June 2017 in temperatures of approximately 38c, I was caught in a traffic jam for a few minutes before I reached the paege.

On getting onto the motorway I reached a speed of 130 kilometres an hour and there was a sudden bang from the engine and engine failure.

After being collected by a breakdown service I eventually managed to get the bike home where I had a mechanic look at it. I was advised that the engine is beyond rebuilding as the heat has caused major damage.

I am now left with a bike that I bought brand new just over 10 years ago which is beyond repair and needs a new engine. I am obviously very upset as it is my pride and joy and cost me alot of my hard earned money to purchase and now it is left sitting in my garage as there is no way I can afford the £4, 000 to £5, 000 I have been quoted for a new engine.

The bike had only done just over 10, 000 miles and was looked after and garaged.

I have since been told that there was a problem with the 2007 Softail with overheating, but I was never advised of this problem and the bike wasn't recalled, please can you advise me if this is correct and let me know how I can proceed with rectifying the situation with my bike.

Thank you.

8:59 am EDT

Harley Davidson sport glide

I just bought me a 2018 sport Glide and I cannot believe the cheap Muffler that you guys put on that and that I can't get a better sounding muffler for my bike. Seems odd that Harley would have a muffler that sounds like a Honda or Yamaha. When will I be able to get new Mufflers that look and sound good? It's a new style bike I get it why wouldn't you have extra stuff all ready to be sold with it?

2:01 pm EDT

Harley Davidson brake recall

I bought my 09' FLHTCU used from a Harley Dealership in Bossier City, La. in Sept 2014. I have owned a few older Harleys. None that use this POS Dot4 fluid. Besides the dealership not inspecting anything on the MC when I bought it, and had to take it back 2 days later for repairs, I was never given an owners manual nor was I ever informed about issues with this Dot4 fluid and needing to flush my brake system every 2 yrs.. So now my brakes have failed and I am being told that I will most likely have to replace my entire abs system. If I have to spend the money to replace a system that has gone bad due to Harleys design, then I am done with Harley! I Plan on selling this piece of crap after I pay to have it running safely. I have owned and been riding Harleys for 30 years now and have finally come to the conclusion that Harley doesn't care about bikers anymore, only the almighty dollar!

D
1:57 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Harley Davidson prepaid maintenance package was not honored and denied.

Purchased a maintenance agreement for $1588 on August 28, 2004 from the Harley Davidson dealership in Naples FL (3645 Gateway lane). My agreement states "12 services as recommended by HD, no expire date".

I had one oil change (perhaps two) remaining on this agreement when I was told by the 6 Bends HD dealership in Fort Myers ( 9501 Thunder rd) the agreement would not be honored as new owners took over for the Naples dealership.

I have been a loyal customer for 14 years and unless this issue is resolved I will no longer set foot in a HD dealership, and will urge my club and other riders to take their business elsewhere!

Update by don sisko
May 25, 2018 1:58 pm EDT

don sisko
20761 rivers ford
estero FL 33928

D
6:44 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Harley Davidson oil level and temperature dipstick with lighted lcd readout, part # [protected].

I own a 2017 Ultra Limited Low and purchased a Oil Level and Temperature Dipstick with Lighted LCD Readout, part # [protected]. I also had one on my 2014 Road King. I just returned from a road trip to Myrtle Beach, during this trip the dipstick failed and is non functional with condensation in the viewing window. The specifications on this product claims it is waterproof. It was not dropped or hit. I have owned several of these and never found any issues. I will be happy to send this one back to your department so your technicians can determine how this manufactor defect occured. At $150 it should not have failed with normal use. Since I purchased this from Rawhide HD in Kansas City late in the fall after purchasing my new 2017 the limited 1 yr warranty has expired. I have owned Harley Davidson motorcycles since 1983 and have always found their parts and accessories to be of the highest quality, pricy but the best product for the money. I am supprised and disappointed in the failure of this product in a short period of time. Please let me know the address I can ship this to for you technicians to take a look at it and eliminate this defect in the future for other Harley owners.
Thankyou.
David Bialas
5814 W 131st Ter
Overland Park, KS 66209
[protected]@gmail.com
HOG # US0668043

6:13 pm EDT

Harley Davidson 2011 flhx

Brought bike in April 23rd for brake fluid recall. Dealership called that afternoon said abs module bad new one would be in April 30th. I called May 1st and service said May 3rd abs module would be delivered. Did not hear form dealership. I called May 10th and they said bike was finished. They told me they would deliver bike to my house May 11th. I told service to make sure to air up rear of (air ride) so it would not scrape fender when loading on trailer. Delivery guy called May 10th and said he could deliver bike evening of May 10th instead of May 11th. He came to my house and when I walked up he said "hey man do you have an air ride on your bike" I told him yes. When I looked at bike in trailer you could see rear fender paint was scratched off about a half inch up form tip of fender. I spoke to service guy and he said they where taking bike to repaint fender and bike would be ready May 18th. I stopped at Harley dealership May 22 and they said bike not ready maybe at end of week.

11:25 am EDT

Harley Davidson part quality

Recently purchased spark plugs for 05 ultra, thinking that the plug stripped out the hole because it wouldn't torque ordered new head. Mechanic notice defective plug, thought you would want to know. Aside from time, and cost of new plug and diagnostics I was at least not out a lot more financially . More worried about the quality of plugs that Champion is putting out for the factory because most of the riders i hang with stick to factory parts.

2:53 pm EDT

Harley Davidson harley insurance

I recently bought my first Harley motorcycle and opted to call Harley insurance. I was originally quoted 68 dollars a month. I was ok with it and accepted it it seemed like a good deal. I was then notified that I did not qualify for a certain discount and was told the new rate would be 88 a month. I then in turn told them to cancel the insurance because that was not the rate I agreed to in the first place. I had spoke to a gentleman the very first day that I got the policy and he told me to wait and he would try to get the discount approved . The rep told me he would call back that eve or the next. He di not call back for 2 days so I called harley insurance and was told the discount was not approved. I said ok well since the rate is not the rate I agreed to please cancel my policy for I will get another company at the rate that was suitable to me. So I was told to send an email stating why I wanted to cancel. I received a phone call today stating that I now owe 4 dollars and change that they were taking my first payment of 69 dollars as cancellation fee. This is not right I never agreed to the policy change of 88 dollars and was missing quoted from day 1 and tried to cancel the very first day this is false business and I wish to speak to someone higher than just a rep that refuses to refund my initial payment. I will reach to whatever outlets I have to to get this issue resolved.

9:04 pm EDT

Harley Davidson footwear

Due to your companies policy of buying foot wear from China, I have had 3 pairs of boots the souls of which have disintegrated(literally coming apart). The latest I would like to mail back to Harley to examine, so that who ever you bought these boots from in China, will never be used again. I don't expect compensation, only that your company acknowledge that it has purchased defective products from China. So, while Americans need work you need to re think your marketing program . I just bought my 2nd Harley motorcycle from your company, but never will I buy another pair of Harley boots

Robert Holder

2230 Hearthstone Ct, Powhatan, VA, 23139

L
2:59 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Harley Davidson service at chicago harley dealer in glenview il

The quality and timely service is below standard! I have bought 2 bikes from them and when I've taken them in for service, I get my motorcycle home with more issues than when I took it there for. On my old bike I had an issue with the voltage regular and they said couldn't duplicate problem so nothing was done. I left dealer with bike and voltage dropped before I even got a mike away. My 2nd bike is 2016 FLHTK and I took it in for 5000 mike service and got it back. It now leaks oil from air cleaner and it's still stock item! I have to go back again. Also they had bike for two weeks and when I went to get it, it wasn't ready even though they called to tell me I could pick it up at my convenience! I would like some sort of compensation for my inconvenience numerous times. I believe at this point in time, if I wasn't under vip warranty, I would be servicing bike elsewhere! I would also not recommend this dealers service dept.

10:04 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Harley Davidson harley davidson branded helmet

Although I ride and love my Harley Davidson Limited 30, 000km/yr and although my dealership has treated me and my bike very well. I am very disappointed in my Harley Davidson branded helmet purchased just over a year ago. I wish I could post a picture to you, but the leatherette on the helmet "Y" strap which is over the ears has deteriorated and is flaking off leaving an unsightly under material. I will be however posting pictures on social media today.
My main complaint is the warranty period which is only 1 year. My friend and I both bought the same helmet at the same time however hers was branded as a Bell Helmet and it also started flaking in the same manner but her warranty period was 5 years and the helmet was replaced immediately. My Helmet, the HD branded helmet (which obviously cost more) was not eligible to be covered by warranty,

I am now about to purchase some other biking apparel like boots and rain gear, but I'm thinking hard about continuing to support the HD brand. I would like for you to reconsider the warranty period, as I am still wearing the deteriorating helmet and answering the questions of my riding friends as to whats going on with my helmet.

8:58 pm EDT

Harley Davidson sales team at manila hd

To whom it may concern,

I recently discovered that your employee, specifically Luiji Lardizabal, made a deal with me and secretly cheated me out of 24, 000 peso. I was promised, in the deal that I made with Luiji, that I would receive a free footboard kit as part of the deal. I was also promised a 24, 000 peso credit to my account for goods and service at the store.

I recently attempted to retrieve said account for some parts and was told that the account was empty. I was then told that without my knowledge and without my approval, my account was secretly emptied as part of the deal. I would not have approved the deal, had I known about that trickery.

I will attach parts of the conversation that will explain how they tried to cover up their treachery, as well as the verbiage they used to trick me into buying the bike under false pretense. I am extremely angry, hurt and I feel betrayed by Luiji, as well as the staff who were involved in cheating me and betraying my trust.

Here is the verbiage Luiji used to explain how Manila Harley-Davidson tricks its customers:
"as rightly quoted in our conversation (negotiation summary) thread, the foot board, valued at Php24, 500 claimed and installed by you was for free, as agreed. Internally, we refer to such freebie as 'Store Credit' availed I apologize if this gave you the impression that an 'additional amount' was to be credited to you. Hope this clarifies the issue" (verbatim)

Please rectify this situation by crediting my account, as promised as part of your promotion, with 24, 000 peso and I will consider this matter completed. I would hope that you would be interested in maintaining the reputation of the great Harley-Davidson name.

I can be reached at [protected], if you would like to render a personal apology. Thank you and good day.

John R Kingsley
(Msgt Retired)

Read full review of Harley Davidson and 1 comment
1 comment
Jim Williams
, US
Jul 01, 2019 1:26 am EDT

Iron 883 purchased and paid in full 19Feb2019, today 01Jul2019 and still waiting for "Harley Davidson of Manila" to complete the registration of the bike. The initial advice was approx 2 months followed by just a few more weeks then a import paperwork problem and then next week, repeated week after week. Its now July and the response has changed to later in July... I should also make note, when I say "response" as they are not proactive, I have to chase them and have done so once a week after the initial 2 months. Prospective buyers in the Philippines, beware - once Harley Davidson of Manila has your full payment don't expect anything from them and you will not be disappointed. If you expect to receive your registration and have a road legal bike to enjoy with your hard earned cash within a reasonable time frame - don't buy here!

N
3:19 am EDT

Harley Davidson service

I have make a payment of Rs-8000/-on dated 26/02/2018 UTR No-PUNBH18057162961, for Hog Kit & Membership of Harley, we are Regularly Coordinate with Ms. Nidhi ([protected]) Regarding the Bill, but still i dont have received, Requesting to you kindly provide the bill in the name of Narula Udyog India Pvt.Ltd. "GSTIN NO-07AAACN3080E1ZT"

Thanks & Regard
Ritesh

1:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Harley Davidson how to sell harley-davidson motorcycles in russia

I can not tell you a good or bad Harley-Davidson motorcycle, but I can describe how an official dealer in Russia sells with the support of the official representation of Harley-Davidson in Russia (instructive and not funny).
I wanted to buy a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle from an official dealer in Russia. The official dealer was selected "Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited" 2016 - a new one, without mileage. The price, terms of delivery were agreed in advance. The Contractor was signed by the Seller and the Buyer and billed for payment, but the next day before payment, the manager called and said that my motorcycle was sold. An alternative option in return was not offered to me. After a written request to the official dealer (Seller) and the representative office of Harley-Davidson in Russia, a new commercial offer was sent for the same motorcycle, but the price increased by $ 5, 000 (one day). Here, as happens In Russia, "Harley-Davidson". On my appeals to Harley-Davidson Russia to clarify the situation of such incomprehensible sales, I did not get an answer. I think this is a normal situation for sales representatives of "Harley-Davidson" in Russia - to lure the buyer an interesting price, when he agrees to raise the price of a motorcycle. This is not the first case of fraudulent sales from Harley-Davidson, last year a similar situation was with another official dealer in another city.
Result - respect yourself and your money. If you earned and decided to buy a motorcycle for the price of an apartment, choose the right vendors and brand. There are many other worthy brands where the customer is valued and loved. Beware not of honest contractual relations from official dealers of the "American legend". It's a shame and not good for such a "sales".

Harley Davidson In-depth Review

Product Range and Quality:

The Harley Davidson website offers a wide variety of motorcycles to choose from, catering to different riding preferences and styles. The quality of both the motorcycles and accessories is exceptional, with attention to detail and durability. Additionally, Harley Davidson provides a range of customization options, allowing riders to personalize their bikes to their liking.

Customer Service:

Harley Davidson's customer service is commendable. The staff is responsive and knowledgeable, promptly addressing customer inquiries and concerns. They are also well-versed in the products and can provide valuable assistance with product selection and customization, ensuring that customers make informed decisions.

Pricing and Value for Money:

While Harley Davidson motorcycles and accessories may be on the higher end of the price spectrum, they offer excellent value for money. When compared to competitors, the pricing is competitive, considering the superior quality and features. Customers can expect a worthwhile investment in terms of product longevity and performance.

Brand Reputation and Trustworthiness:

Harley Davidson has a rich history and a strong reputation as a brand. Their commitment to delivering on promises and providing exceptional customer experiences has earned them the trust of riders worldwide. The high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty further solidifies their reputation as a trustworthy company.

Online Experience:

The Harley Davidson website is user-friendly, making it easy for customers to navigate and find the information they need. Detailed product descriptions and specifications are readily available, allowing potential buyers to make informed decisions. The search functionality further enhances the online experience, ensuring a seamless browsing experience.

After-Sales Support:

Harley Davidson offers comprehensive after-sales support, including warranty and service options. Their repair and maintenance services are efficient and effective, ensuring that customers' motorcycles are well taken care of. The high level of customer satisfaction with the after-sales support reflects the company's commitment to customer satisfaction.

Community and Events:

Harley Davidson actively engages with the motorcycle community and organizes various events. These events provide opportunities for customers to interact and engage with fellow riders, fostering a sense of community. Additionally, the company participates in charity and social initiatives, further showcasing their commitment to making a positive impact.

Environmental Responsibility:

Harley Davidson is dedicated to sustainability and reducing their environmental impact. They prioritize the use of eco-friendly materials and practices in their manufacturing processes. The company also demonstrates a commitment to ethical manufacturing and sourcing, ensuring that their products align with environmentally responsible practices.

Innovation and Technology:

Harley Davidson embraces innovation and incorporates advanced technology in their motorcycles. They continuously introduce new features and improvements to enhance the riding experience. The integration of digital tools further enhances the overall riding experience, providing riders with a technologically advanced and enjoyable journey.

Overall Experience and Recommendation:

Based on personal experience, the overall Harley Davidson experience is highly satisfying. The brand's commitment to quality, customer service, and community engagement sets them apart. Potential customers can confidently consider Harley Davidson as their preferred choice for motorcycles. While there is always room for improvement, Harley Davidson's strengths far outweigh any areas that may require attention.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Harley Davidson customer service

Phone numbers

1800 258 2464 1800 102 6180 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Harley Davidson?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Harley Davidson Customer Service. Initial Harley Davidson complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Harley Davidson above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Harley Davidson. Discuss the issues you have had with Harley Davidson and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.