Hansons Window & Siding Logo

Hansons Window & Siding

Having problems with Hansons Window & Siding?

+1 800 426 7667 (Customer Service)
+1 888 497 8930 (Instant Quote)
+1 734 389 2680 (Ann Arbor, MI)
+1 248 581 3030 (Detroit, MI)
+1 616 477 9335 (Grand Rapids, MI)
+1 269 870 8173 (Kalamazoo, MI)
+1 517 477 4170 (Lansing, MI)
+1 989 525 2560 (Saginaw, MI)
+1 419 482 8400 (Toledo, OH)
977 E 14 Mile Rd

Toledo, OH
387 West Dussel Dr., Maumee, OH 43537

Complaints & Reviews

If you want a bad Job call 1-800-Hansons

Hanson’s did a horrible job on the installation of my doors and windows. They left big gaps around my windows and doors. I couldn’t lock my dead bolts both doors where not level they where barely screwed into the frame. They even caulked the drain holes in my brand new windows.

The Saginaw general manager was totally rude never returned my phone calls. They where not good at resolving the issue’s I had with this poorly done job. They sent out a new crew that didn’t want to touch this messed up job…

My windows and doors are messed up and they just want to try and make it look better but, it was damaged from the crappy job done in the first place. I am so so so dissatisfied with Hanson’s they started off with we so professional we grantee this and that its all a lie.

Bait & Switch

My experience working for Hanson's is that they are a High Pressure Bait & Switch company. Since...

Free iPod Touch with Purchase

I had a sales person from Hanson's come to my house yesterday to get a quote for a new roof. At the end of the presentation I asked about getting the free iPod Touch that I saw on their TV ad if I purchased this roof. I was told that you only get that if you pay the standard price for a roof. Because he quoted me the "special" discount price, I would not qualify for this iPod offer. The Hanson's TV ad is very misleading. Who pays list price for a home improvement? I would guess that Hansons never gives out a free iPod Touch to any customer. Hansons lost me as a customer because of this issue.

Discrimination

So I just had 1-800-Hansons come to my house to give me an estimate on replacing the windows in my basement...

Bad service

On June 15, 2010, I ordered windows from Hanson's costing 4, 357.00. The salesman, was out twice to get the ordered "right". Once on 6/15 and again on 6/18. They have come into my home and broken personal items, my alarm system and windows. They have installed windows that I did not order, installed incorrectly measured windows, windows that were the wrong color and mismatched windows. They have had to reinstall the old windows because they broke the new windows (2 times ) On top of the installation team measuring incorrectly numerous times the last visit on 11/19/2010 was from the actual window maker to measure. This bought the total to 5 times measuring for the same windows. The have been careless and disrespectful to my home. The installers took the sheets off my windows (I took down my draperies so they could work and I was having the house painted)and put them on floor to work on. They have ripped my alarm system from out of the wall all the way down to the basement.

They have broken custom drapery hardware

thats impossible to replace becauce of their age. I am going to have to replace all of the hardware in the home to match and repair my alarm system. It was understood by the installers and myself that the contacts could not be salvaged but the wires were to stay in place. They gouged deep pieces of wood from my window frames to make the windows fit. After many calls to Hansons, I've talked to project manager, Kristen, Nichole, the general manager Marv Glasser(very rude and Augumentive and would not let me finishes my sentences), Cary, Jen, Jillen Marilyn Weitz and Mike Pense of customer Service, I still do not have my order completed. I ordered windows in the summer time so my home would not be open to the harsh winter. I trusted hansons to be a reputable company. All I know now is the hansons is "BAD NEWS". I am very dissatisfied and have tried in good faith to correct the problem. I would never use them again or recommend them to anyone. I have disputed the charges to my credit card. But because Ms. Paula Lybeck of Hansons winds said they have been trying to reach me and even put a letter on my door December 16th 2010 (which I did not recieve), Wells Fargo Bank has rejected my claim. When did a letter being put on a door a legal docoment? What happened to certified letters?. I submitted the complaint letter on Dec. 9 2010. Now all of a sudden dec 10th to dec. 16th my windows are ready. I would have never heard from hansons if I did not dispute the charges. I wish i had read the complaint page before before ordering from hansons. It would have been a whole different ballgame.

sarahptaz Apr 19, 2011

We had a terrible experience with Hanson's. When the sales reps (there were 2, one was in training) came out, they were very nice. My husband and I are young, and first time homebuyers. I wish we would have shopped more, but we didn't know any better.
    After signing all the paperwork (or so we thought), we didn't hear from them for weeks. Only to discover that the New Sales Rep, forgot some paperwork, and needed my hubby's signature. He called at all hours of the day (sometimes at 10 pm) wanting to meet up. At the time, my husband was unemployed, but looking hard for work and going on several interviews. I had 3 jobs to make ends meet, so I had little in the way of free time. When he was finally able to meet up with my husband to sign the remaining paperwork HE forgot- he has the nerve to say "For someone's who unemployed, you certainly are hard to get ahold of".

Then, we don't hear from them for weeks. After our initial sales consult, they tell us we will have new windows installed in 3 weeks. 7 Weeks later, I still hear nothing. (Which would be mid September). I call to find out where our windows are, and she tells me they wont be ready until November 27. Then, September 26 they call to say they are coming to install our windows the next day between 11-1. They show up at our house at 8:30 am, and start working. It would have been nice to have some notice. We have 2 dogs we had to make emergency arrangements for, and my husband had to leave that day for a job out of town. So, we had to call my Father in Law to come over and supervise.
    We also purchased gutters from them. They didn't tell me when they were going to install the gutters, the guys just showed up one morning as I was on the way out the door for work. Not only were we treated poorly, we also got taken advantage of. we ended up paying the permit fee twice because "they" lost it the first time. Then, the woman would call and yell at me that they still didn't have the permit fee. We still have not seen our money back from that. I even wrote (and called) Brian Elias, as we were given his cell # to use if there are any complaints. To this day, I have not heard A THING back. No response from the complaint, no nothing. They told us our Windows would be eligible for a $1500 tax credit. WRONG. We only got $500 of the $1500 because they dragged their feet on the installation. They still send sales reps out to the house to try to get us to buy new windows... Don't they have it on record we already did??? DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

• Ha
    Hansons Howling Windows Jun 29, 2011

We just got out windows this past few months and now that its summer, we want to keep them open. BUT we can't because they Howl so bad that we have to shut them all the time. Does anyone else have this problem?

So, we called a few times and this is what happened:

1.) Installer came out and caulked something
    2.) Installer came out and put the draft protectors in (that were supposed to be put in when they installed them)
    3.) Prof window guy came out and caulked again and said that they would have to have the Manufacturer over.

Then Today, Handson's called and said that because of where we live, the wind is stronger and there isn't anything that they can do about the windows. So basically we are going to have to live with them this way. My husband told them that he wants to talk to the owner and that it is unacceptable. We are also going to check with out local news caster, "Fox 2 Problem Solvers" and tell them what is going on. we will not stand for this and will have to contact a lawyer.

Hanson's got their Money... and they are done, right? NOT!!! We will not stand for this.

Please let me know if you had the same problems...

Thanks, Anne

• Wi
    window professional Nov 16, 2011

Let me explain a few things about Hansons (i know them inside and out) for many years.
    Their salesmen are (trained on how to lie professionally) in order to make higher sales.
    If you use just a little intelligence, you'll save a lot of money calling a smaller company.
    All of Hansons tv ads, mailing ads, internet ads, phone book ads, ARE PAID BY YOU !!!
    They are only considered a bigger company because they overcharged so many people.
    They have been able to convince (mislead) enough gullible people out of 100's of 1000's.
    With all of that extra (overcharged) money, they have been able to advertise their nonsense.
    ALL of their work is done by (subcontractors) - smaller company's that you can call yourself.
    The products they use can be bought by ANY contractor out there - where you'll save money.
    REMEMBER THIS - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - (common sense stuff) (don't be a fool)
    Calling a smaller company means you'll be (paying smaller money) AS MUCH AS HALF
    Calling a bigger company means you'll be (paying bigger money) AS MUCH AS DOUBLE
    FACT: I promise you - smaller company's use the same (or better) products than Hansons.

Another big problem with Hansons - the owner 'Brian Elias' takes full advantage of ignorance.
    He knows that most people don't know much about home improvement - so he'll make you pay
    FACT: The owner of Hansons (Brian Elias) had a license plate (WHOGAF) "who gives a f--k".
    That in itself explains where his head is at - he could care a less about any customer out there.
    His misleading (sometimes flat out lying) ads has made him millions - DON'T BE A FOOL !!!
    He uses the oldest tricks in the book - 50% off this or that - FREE installation - this month only -
    IT'S ALL NONSENSE - he simply charges double for the initial purchase -YOU SAVE NOTHING

OPEN YOUR EYES FOLKS - SNAP INTO REALITY - HANSONS IS A PROFESSIONAL RIP-OFF

One of the 'smaller' company's out there that is known to be very reputable is - IMPROVE USA.
    They sold me the same windows that Hansons sells for less than half of what Hanson wanted

• Wh
    whatrutalkingabout? Mar 07, 2012

the last post is absolutely ridiculus! you think they can pay for advertising because of all the "overcharging" they do? THEY SELL OVER 40 JOBS PER DAY! these guys are a huge outfit that make money on VOLUME...you really think there are over 10, 000 ignorant people that WAY overspend for hansons windows every year? THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 23 YEARS!!! small companies die within 5 years...there is a reaason they have survived. Good service, fair prices, and AMAZING marketing.

ROOFING

ATTENTION: WE HAVE AN ONGOING LAWSUIT AGAINST HANSONS AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOUR COMPLAINT AT OUR TRIAL. I WAS JUST INFORMED THAT THE MEDIA WILL BE THERE ON OUR TRIAL DATE OF OCTOBER 19TH. THE BAD PRESS THEY WILL BE GETTING WILL HELP TO STOP ALL FUTURE CUSTOMERS FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH HANSONS. PLEASE CALL [protected].

• Mr
    mrnna Sep 22, 2010

ATTENTION: WE HAVE AN ONGOING LAWSUIT AGAINST HANSONS AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOUR COMPLAINT AT OUR TRIAL. I WAS JUST INFORMED THAT THE MEDIA WILL BE THERE ON OUR TRIAL DATE OF OCTOBER 19TH. THE BAD PRESS THEY WILL BE GETTING WILL HELP TO STOP ALL FUTURE CUSTOMERS FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH HANSONS. PLEASE CALL 810-867-4163.

• Wi
    window professional Nov 16, 2011

If you use just a little intelligence, you will save a lot of money calling a smaller company.
    They have been able to convince (mislead) enough gullible people out of 100s of 1000s.
    ALL of their work is done by (subcontractors) - smaller companys that you can call yourself.
    REMEMBER THIS - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - (common sense stuff) (dont be a fool)
    Calling a smaller company means you will be (paying smaller money) AS MUCH AS HALF
    Calling a bigger company means you will be (paying bigger money) AS MUCH AS DOUBLE
    FACT: I promise you - smaller companys use the same (or better) products than Hansons.

He knows that most people don't know much about home improvement - he will make you pay
    FACT: The owner of Hansons (Brian Elias) had a license plate (WHOGAF) - who gives a f--k.
    His misleading (sometimes flat out lying) ads has made him millions - DONT BE A FOOL !!!
    ITS ALL NONSENSE - he simply charges double for the initial purchase -YOU SAVE NOTHING

OPEN YOUR EYES FOLKS - SNAP INTO REALITY - HANSONS IS A PROFESSIONAL RIP-OFF

One of the smaller company's out there that is known to be very reputable is - IMPROVE USA.

• Ji
    JIMMICHAELSON Jul 02, 2013

Hanson's charges more than double what small companies charge. Then if you want to cancel they cut the price in half. I don't feel that is the way to do business. They should charge a fair price in the first place. I would not do business with them.

ROOF

ATTENTION: WE HAVE AN ONGOING LAWSUIT AGAINST HANSONS AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TELL YOUR COMPLAINT AT OUR TRIAL. I WAS JUST INFORMED THAT THE MEDIA WILL BE THERE ON OUR TRIAL DATE OF OCTOBER 19TH. THE BAD PRESS THEY WILL BE GETTING WILL HELP ALL CUSTOMERS FROM DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM IN THE FUTURE.

• 18
    1800 hansons sucks Feb 10, 2011

Hansons Replacement Windows —

Make sure you have everything that you and your salesperson discussed written into your contract. ALL VERBAL AGREEMENTS ARE VOID! Make sure you turn your contract over and read ALL THE TERMS. There are no exit clauses. They do not price match their own deals. Good luck finding a company that meets the terms of their "price match" agreement. Read everything DO NOT TAKE A WORD OF WHAT THE SALESPERSON SAYS AS TRUTH. I was told i would get a call from my salesperson to help with a situation with one of their coupons coming out. I never got a call from him (They do not honor their own deals if you have already signed.) I yelled at one person about the lies i was told among other things, he hung up on me. (I would have hung up on me too) So then a manager calls me I told him "DO NOT MAKE THE WINDOWS YOU MEASURED FOR MY HOUSE UNTILL WE GET THIS SITUATOIN FIGURED OUT" The manager told me he would find out what was a better deal "the email i originally responded to or the new 60% off email" Never heard from him again. The next time i heard from them it was to set up a time to install "my" windows. I had already told them not to make them and that I had disputed the charges to my card because they breeched the contract by soliciting another charge they had "forgot" to charge me. Luckily I had written into my contract that "customer will not pay any amount above contracted price" They solicited the cost of a permit so I went to my credit card company. Now they are coming after me (collection lawer) for another $2, 600+ and I haven't heard from a manager or seen any windows or gotten any anwers to my questions!!!

Poor Customer Service

Upon signing the contract for replacement siding on my house, Hansons first told us it would be 6-8 week...

Terrible window/charged card w/o authorization

On March 7, 2009, we invited (I know it is our own fault) a Hansons salesman in to give us a quote on a...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices