Parents Magazine Logo

Parents Magazine

Having problems with Parents Magazine?

1716 Locust Street
Des Moines, Iowa
United States - 50309-3023

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Parents Magazine.

Complaints & Reviews

Parents Magazineparents magazine

I did not order parents magazine I am 62 years old and my children are grown.
Here is the information on the label
#pmm1923083933. hr99. 11184
Mary denniston. jul21
3000 park ave
Aliquippa pa [protected]. p2568.281.225
Please discontinue this magazine, I did not order it and I do not know where it is coming from.

Mary denniston
[protected]@comcast.net

parents magazine

Dec 10, 2018

Parents Magazine — magazine

I let my subscription end and then after a few months, lo and behold another subscription has apparently...

Parents Magazine — Magazines sent in my mailbox - did not subscribe

For the past several months I've been receiving Parents Magazine in my mailbox and I never subscribed to it!...

Who ever signed me up for Parents magazine — Parents

I have never nor do I want this Parents magazine. I talked with someone last year and was told I wouldn't be...

parents.com — Unsolicited subscription of magazine

I received two unsolicited messages indicating that I have ordered the Parents.com magazine. I did not order...

Parents Magazineunauthorized charges

I was charged $27 by Parents magazine after I signed up for promotion of $6 for 3 years. I emailed them but they won't respond to me emails. Thanks

CHAI ly Apr 02, 2011

i never order any magazine .i been charge with out my $58.50 through debit.i call my bank ask for help, and trying to explain what is happening.the y told me that my money is still on pending, so i have to wait until they take my money then give them a call back. it's pretty sad that your owe bank cant even protect you from this low life that robing you. i will call my bank back again trying to get my money back, by the way i'm banking with CHASE. I HOPE EVERYBODY WILL GET THE MONEY BACK.

• Tg
        T. Grimes Apr 12, 2013

I NEVER ordered this magazine! I have contacted PARENTS magazine to notify them that I did not order they're magazine, twice now, the first time was online, and the second was put in writing and sent by mail to the subscription department .
        Obviously that didn't work because it turned up once again in my mailbox!!! I never ordered this magazine, or any magazine for that matter!!! I am going to report this to the Postmaster at my post office, as well as the BBB. It is obvious that there is a very bad problem here with people being charged for a magazine they DID NOT order. Worst of all the fraudulent business practices this magazine has to keep sending there magazine and adding years to the subscription period. Unlike other magazine companies, if they don't receive payment after the first issue they won't send any more magazines. That is not the case obviously with PARENTS magazine, they just add another year or two to the UN-ORDERED subscription and expect payment from the poor victim who never ordered there magazine in the first place!

Parents MagazinePoor Quality

Page 29 of their January issue cites a vague research finding that is not backed up by any specifics. I find that appalling especially since the article states that the research supports same sex parenting as more beneficial to children than being raised by a mom and a dad. What is the point of an article without evidence to support its claims. It supports a bias and I am appalled.

Parents Magazine — I dont want this magazine

I don't want this magazine. I have adult children 24 and 2 Stop sending me this free subscription I...

Parents Magazine — Scam charges

They subscribed me to parents and is sending me a bill for $12.00 and I do not have or never had any children.

Parents Magazinedeceptive practice, misleading

I was under the impression that I was getting a free subscription to Parents Magazine through an online source. I was shocked that I was being billed (I never gave any credit card info) for a subscription. I called Meredith Corp and was told to "call back in a few days" to cancel because the rep "couldn't see" my order yet. How is that possible when I am staring at it and it has an order number and it's on my email? This is fraud at best and misleading practice at the very least.

• Jb
            jbowman Nov 17, 2008

In a survey, I may have selected "yes" for receiving free information from Parents.com. However, I never agreed to anything that would cost money. The next thing I knew, I had an e-mail from Parents.com thanking me for my order and informing me that I was being billed $12.00.

• Ke
            KEKRICH Apr 15, 2011

BAIT AND SWITCH ALL THE WAY!!! AVOID THIS MAGAZINE LIKE THE PLAGUE! THEY UNKNOWINGLY SIGNED ME UP FOR SOME EARLY MOMENTS BOOK CLUB WHICH I DID NOT WANT! THEY ARE NOW BILLING ME AND TRYING TO RUIN MY CREDIT.
            BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE PARENTS MAGAZINE! SHAME ON YOU!!

• Ti
            TINN Apr 30, 2011

I completely agree! The same happened to me! I renewed my subscription for parents magazine and end up being a member of this book club. I don't like the books and now I have the hassle and cost of shipment (both ways) and of cancelling the membership. I will not sign up with parents magazine again!

• Am
            Amanda_Klich Mar 28, 2013

I ordered a subscription for 3 years for Parents magazine, and was charged (I had proof on my bank statement and everything, including the fact it said thank you for your subscription right after I submitted all my credit card information etc) but I never received the first magazine. They took my money, and when I called them over 2 months later, the rude woman in customer service gave me a bad attitude and snapped that I should send her a fax (which I am unable to do) of my bank account statement that I submitted payment to so then she snapped that she can give me an address to send payment information to. Uh, what???? It was ordered right on their website, it said payment sent and received, I had the statement the RECEIPT from THEIR website stating it was paid ih full, I had my own bank account to prove it was paid, and yet she would not believe me or could not find anywhere in their system or my account that payment had been received? That makes no sense. how did that get screwed up? She claimed it showed they never received the payment (I knew darn well they did over 2 months ago). Anyway, rather than argue with her because she was being so extremely snotty, rude and unhelpful, I simply asked why did I have to go through more trouble just for a subscription through them? Isn't there a way to show in their system that a payment was received off my card through my account??? She said she did not know. That was the best explanation she could give me. She was so rude and nasty about it, too, though, which bothered me. Anyway, I am going to have to now endure the extreme headaches of trying to pry my money back from them because sorry but a magazine is not worth all this trouble, and are they also going to screw something else up in the mean time?? I ordered 3 years of subscriptions, so I don't want to pay that much money and risk having them charge me 3 years but only send me 12 magazines or something . . . How unprofessional. Their customer service is horrendous. You cannot get a hold of anyone either, it takes FOREVER just to get a real person on the phone to help you. They screwed up and yet it was my fault, my problem, and I had to go through all the headache of PROVING to them what they already KNEW? I don't think so. Go with a different magazine. Skip Parents completely. Not worth it at all. I will NEVER get magazines from them ever.

• Re
            Rebecca Macorkindale Aug 04, 2019

Please stop sending me this magazine immediately. Our child is too old for this magazine. I don't recall ever signing up for it. Thank you for addressing this issue immediately.

Rebecca Macorkindale
            3470 Gettysburg Rd
            Ann Arbor, MI [protected]

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices