Hair Clubfraud and cheating

I absolutely would NOT recommend The Hair Club for Men and Women to anyone! I was charged $1000.00 and received no services or products. I signed a contract (after a great deal of high pressure tactics, I might add) to receive the product they call "my hair" on all their commercials - in an attempt to make people think it's not really just a wig glued to your head. The very next morning I called and told them that the glue they had used in the patch test had left a terrible rash on my head and I therefore, could not agree to have a whole wig glued to my head with this stuff. They offered to do one of the other procedures - which they had already told me would NOT be effective for me based on the hair analysis they had administered themselves. I told them I also wasn't willing to pay thousands of dollars for a procedure they had already told me wouldn't work for me. The whole experience with The Hair club was a long, ugly process involving several unpleasant phone calls and my written dispute of charges, etc. But in the end, I still had a $1000.00 bill for which I received NOTHING!!! Oh, and by the way, they won't tell you this, and they will conveniently leave it out when reviewing the contract - which they won't give you time to read yourself before pressuring you to sign, but the hair piece which cost $2000.00 only last 6 months then you have to start all over. Not to mention that you have to go into them about every month to get the thing removed and re-glued since it's glued to your hair line. I've done a little research since then and found that many others report having dealt with The Hair Club only to learn that they sell an inferior product at an outrageously high price and don't stand behind their product. When you start having problems with it (in my case before I actually even received the product), that's just too bad. They have your signature. You're stuck!

• Te
    Terry Oct 28, 2008

I totally agree! I got ripped off almost $3000 on their EXT treatment that did hardly anything for me, and the results weren't even close to being worth such a price! It's not anything like they advertise the program to be. And they do stand there and stare at you to hurry you through the contract signing process. They don't want you to grasp everything that you're signing off on because it would almost surely scare you off. And if it doesn't, it should. Many of the services that company provides are a total rip! Buyer strongly beware!! They pressure you like the stereotypical used-car salesman to make a sale.

Mad Tom Oct 29, 2008

I have been a hair club member for 18 years. I can't speak to your experience, but I have been very happy with the service and the price. FYI - if you go on a program you can get 4 hairpieces a year for about $250 a month. No it is not cheap and yes I wish I had my own hair - but it is the best solution I have found. Good luck to you.

Hairsh/...t Nov 26, 2019

@Mad Tom althought it may be truth it is the only choice you may have, they never tell you how the whole process will work when you go to the consult, we ask several times how long this will last since we had no clue what xstrands are, the consulting person told us that it was human hair attached to your natural hair and that it will last forever, he never told us it needed to be change every two months and that we needed to pay extra after the initial 12 months after paying 6500 this is deceptive and fraudalent, when selling a product you have to explain someone what they are getting and how this will work.. it is just a wig glued to your head, they never told you that there is many other options .. they only tell it will be your hair and it will last forever which it doesn't

• Ot
    Otter Box Nov 11, 2008

I clicked Agree for "Terry" and "Nickolson's writings

They write the absolute total truth about Hair Club for Men which is really a stupid, ridiulous company that sells horrible, ugly wigs that will fool no one. If the phony wig is not outragoeous, how about when they try to shave your scalp and glue the thing onto your flesh!!! And then they expect you to return for adjusting the wig for more money after they told you it wasn't a wig!!!
    People are better off finding a dead squirrel, wearing it on their heads, and flush almost $3, 000 down the drain. The only difference is, at least the dead squirrel looks more convincing and isn't glued to your flesh. Hair Club for Men is a total HOAX.

• Bi
    Bing Lasmer Nov 11, 2008

Hair Club for Men is an out and out LIE. Don't do anything or sign anything with them. Unless you don't mind being conned into something that's the equivalent to a Halloween Costume store.
    They'll do the Star Wars Jedi mind trick on you by telling you a wig is not really a wig, it's a fancy name BioMatrix. BioMatrix is their version of the high-tech, state of the art hair restoration...IT'S AN UGLY WIG THAT WON'T FOOL ANYBODY!!!
    Consumer Reports magazine needs to know HCM is not serious, it's a joke that's ripping people off.

Christopher Dec 03, 2008

I have been a very happy customer of Hair Club for over three and a half years. In my initial consultation, I was informed of the upfront cost, the monthly upkeep costs, and had all of my choices laid out before me so that I could make an informed decision. I signed the contract, and had the matrix ordered for me.

The matrix is all natural hair woven in to a mesh weave that is then glued (via surgical adhesive) on to my head. It looks completely natural, and I have been extremely pleased with them. I get a new matrix put on every 10 weeks, and they have changed the color, style, and thickness whenever I asked without complaint or problem.

As for the subject of the tips and stylists, I have never been treated any less than wonderfully by the entire staff. I tip my stylist about $10 per visit because she does such a good job taking care of me and she is always thankful to me for the tip. I have not once gotten a message, or even impression, that I need to tip more. I have not once been lied to, taken advantage of, or mislead by anyone at Hair Club.

Every person will have their own experience, and I feel that most of the people complaining about Hair Club didn't take the time to do the proper research themselves before signing up. While every company should represent their products and services accurately, it is ultimately up the customer to do the research and know what they are getting themselves in to. Hair Club is an honest company run by people who truly care about how you feel and how you look. Those who feel they were lied to likely just weren't reading the material that Hair Club sends to all potential clients.

I have recommended Hair Club to many people, and will continue to do so. I have never been any less than 100% satisfied. Any mistakes or problems that arise (which will happen with every company, regardless of industry) are handled quickly, compassionately, and professionally.

• De
    DetroitHoliday Jan 20, 2019

@Christopher How long have you been a stylist for Hair Club? You really went out on a limb with the $10 tip diatribe.

• Ad
    A Day Late Jun 03, 2019

@Christopher I had to respond to the tip comment: when had my first hair installed, the original consultant/sales person, stepped into the room when the stylist was out and suggested that a tip amount. of up to $200 when new hair is installed and up to $40 for a salon or maintenance visit. She only offered the high end as guidance but never mentioned the average or the low end. my stylist regularly told me how difficult it was to support her two kids and ailing mother on her meager salary.

I definitely felt a good amount of pressure around tipping.

Hairsh/...t Nov 26, 2019

@Christopher well I have to say you work for them, they do not explained you neither give you a description of the costs, neither explain that xtrands is just a wig, they never told us a description of the cost to upkeep the wig, they only told us in the first consult how much it will cost and what will include in the first 12 months, it wasn't until the 4 week that we found out that the wig needed to be change every 2 months, I ask for prices and the assistant manager did not wanted to give it to me until she saw me very upset, she is like I was going to tell you the prices in one month, I am like nobody told us the wig needd to be change every two months, this should have been told during the initial consultation so people can really decide what to do, yes it looks nice but it is not what we were promised

Hairshop Dec 29, 2019

@Hairsh/...t So haven't any of you people looked on line and found smaller businesses doing the same thing, actually better and honest? I have a salon and I've been doing this for almost 30 years. We are very honest, charge less, and have a better product. Do your research and always check reviews before even entering the building!! Don't get me wrong, not trying to steal hair clubs business. We are overwhelmed with business and actually have people on a waiting list to get in. Good luck and don't give up. It can be good. Just look on line for more options.

Maribel May 01, 2009

Christopher...??? You obviously work for them. I know it from your words. Your managers check this site regularly and post nice things about the company. But I used to work there and I can tell you is one of the most dishonest group of individuals anyone will ever meet. They need to meet a monthly budget and they will hold on to refunds and deposits. Then they will claim you never called to get it back and so on and on. They also have a big over turn on staff because of their dishonest practices, not everyone can sell a lie.

santa May 02, 2009

chistopher hahahahahah sorry but i did not here any respond to maribel, go make a meeting with your managers to see what u guys can post next, it will be easy for u guys, i recommend u guys start spending a lot of money in comercials right, , good luck

• Ca
    Casmelia Dec 31, 2009

I totally agree. Hair Club is a money making racket. The exact same thing happened to me. By the way, I got the Biomatrix and they styled my hair. When I went home the right side was 2 inches longer. They cannot even get that right. They are sales people there. No doctors. Just impressive sales people who know how to manipulate gullible people who are already stressed with their hair loss. This is also a type of harassment. We must get together and do a class action lawsuit against them. they finally gave me a 50% refund after several complaints. There is a clause they made me sign that I cannot make any other claims or take action against them. However, I feel very strongly against the fact that they abused my emotional state and that itself is harassment. I told the sales person several times that the Biomatrix system was not for me. Foolish me she got me convinced that she was right. However, when I told her that she was wrong after trying the system she decided she did not want to talk to me anymore. She passed me on to the head stylist who passed me on to the manager. I hope people will read these complaints before going there.

• Vi
    Victoria9 May 10, 2010

Casmelia --- I agree with you. We must get together and file a class action lawsuit against this dishonst merchant.

matterz57 Jun 24, 2010

I spent $3600 for one of their pathetic wigs, they told me i had a 3 day window
    to get a refund, and the next day i did everything i could to get that refund.
    I got the biggest runaround of all time, they told me there were people i had
    to speak to, and i called the numbers they gave me and was told that the
    people were out of town, or at lunch, or some other BS. Then all of the sudden these
    people were available after the 3 days expired.Fortunately i make enough
    money that $3600 didn't really hurt me, but these crooks are able to do whatever
    they want, and that's sick.

• Di
    disgusted as hell Oct 24, 2010

Yes I agree about getting together and filing a class act law suit. I am thinking about doing it anyways, but if we all get together and do it maybe it will be easier. I am suffering from hair loss due to that liquid they call adhesive. I have had to start buying wigs because u can look right at my scalp in areas without moving my hair I have left. This is so embarrassing. I have a lot more to tell but don't have time to post right now. Come on lets get this group of unhappy people together and get our money back!!! Signed Angry and Frustrated

Hairsh/...t Nov 26, 2019

@disgusted as hell if you are still interested in file a suit let me know, the wig is nice and looks nice but we were never told on the initial consultation that what my husband was getting was a wig that needed to be change every two months and the cost after the 12 month membership we paid.. please send me an email to [email protected]

• Di
    disgusted as hell Oct 24, 2010

Has anyone spoke with an attorney regarding this matter, if so what was their response any chance of a good case

Hairsh/...t Nov 26, 2019

@disgusted as hell I just sent an email to an attorney, sending an email also to the general manager hair club in bloomington mn, and also calling the company who did the financing my contact info is [email protected]

• Re
    Redjunior Dec 19, 2010

I agree with the class action prospect. As soon as I can, I will get some legal advice. I have had many of the same issues complained about. Wish I done more or had access to the above info before I went to this company.

• La
    Lakson Dec 25, 2010

@ Redjunior, please count me in. You have 3 now, I am sure we can get more!

• Do
    DonniesNotAmused Apr 01, 2011

I just wanted to thank all of you for posting your complaints about the hair club. I am only a 28 year old guy, and I'm losing my hair fast.. and have been considering doing something about it for a long time now, because it's really been taking a toll on my self esteem.. I'm still young.. I'm not ready to age or look older than I am..
    And when I saw the infomercial for hair club tonight.. I felt hopeful.. I was really considering giving it a try.. because it sounded so legitimate..
    I had a look at their website.. there was nothing on there about cost.. so I searched google for anything I could find about the hair club on external websites.. and I'm glad I did. I found all these complaints and bad reviews about the company.. almost all of which said very similar things.. all these people had very similar experiences with the hair club.. I have begun to question the legitimacy of the company, AND all the so-called "satisfied customers" in the commercial. I bet they're all paid actors.. and I bet any positive reviews out there are written by hair club staff. You should all get together and take them down.. because this can't keep happening.
    I now know I'm most likely better off with propecia or hair transplant surgery from a surgeon NOT affiliated with the hair club.

Hair Club Depression Apr 05, 2011

Gentlemen, I will re-post oncea again when I have more time to truely tell my nightmare of a story in dealing with Hair Club (HC). I am seriously interested pursuing a law suit as well. When the people at HC referred me to their consultant it was a never ending tail of confidence boosting, now is the time to act, you can't notice it at all, little to no maintenance and on and on. This was the greatest set of lies I have ever been told. I shall return with the grim details on what transpired but I just had to get something out here saying that Hair Club may be beneficial for some children or in certain circumstances but not for me and what I had hoped to achieve and in term was promised.

• Do
    DownwithHCM May 21, 2011

Please give me any info if we agree on the class action suit, im all in! I got ripped of $3, 500 was preassured into signing & I was bamboozeled by their sales con artist. They dont tell what it really is until its too late & they take advantage of your search for hope of hair loss. Called the sales rep after I found out what this really was & he told me the complaints were fake & I still had to do the procedure if I wanted 50% refund.

Hairsh/...t Nov 26, 2019

@DownwithHCM I am interested int he law suit, get in touch [email protected] I contacted an attorney see what happens, my husband's wig looks nice but nobody told me it was a temporary wig and the costs of maintaining the wig

• Wh
    WhiteAngel Aug 11, 2011

OMG, I couldn't agree more! They are a total rip off. They convince you that "your beauty" is so important, but do NOT elaborate on the pricing "AFTER THE YEAR IS UP". The Manager told me that after 1 year, the price would go down from $149.00 / month to around $120.00. NOW the other Manager told me, "NO HONEY, THATS WRONG, YOU NEED TO PAY $295.00/month. I was so angry I wanted to jump through the phone b/c they NEVER told me this during the consultation. They will convince you that "they did". Oh Hell NO THEY DIDNT. Sad thing, they dont care if anyone is a single parent, struggling their ### off to make ends meet, ... as long as they get their freakin money!!! I AM PISSED. Any suggestions on what I need to do now since they "shave the top of my head" and I canNOT afford another fkn piece of hair?

Hairsh/...t Nov 26, 2019

@WhiteAngel Please if you want to get in touch with an attorney let me know, my husband got his wig on (which we were never told it was a wig) and we just were told that he needed to change it every two month, and when we went to the initial visit we were told that the hair he was going to get will be forever, we were never told what will happened after the 12 months, today the assistant manager came in because the stylist told us after my husband ask if they were gong to wash his hairline every time he went in, the stylest told us that every two month he was going to get new hair, she can't answer any more questions and brought in the assistant manager, I asked her to tell us the prices for getting new hair every two months, at first she did not wanted to, she said she was going to talk to us a month after the initial visit, I ask her again for the prices, and she is like well I am not hidding anythihg just I wanted to sit with you an explain it in a month, I told her we should have been presented with this information on the day of the consult not 3 months before the 12 months visits ends, she finally give me the prices but I do believe they are deceptive on what they are selling they are not explaining what really to expect and what is the total cost of getting a wig.. my email is [email protected] I already contacted an attorney and waiting to hear back and contacting the manager tomorrow

• Ri
    Richard W. Dec 03, 2011

Okay, I don't know if Hair club managers really write in these posts (I wouldn't be surprised if they did), from my experience with them (3 years) allot of what is said here is true and allot isn't, so here I go, and I hope this is going to be helpful to some people. By all means they are a business and they conduct themselves in that way to the good and the bad: naturally they are there to make a profit (bottom line), and no they are not there because they care and no they are not medical doctors in any way, it's all cosmetics, as for their products (hair regrowth therapy), I never took them as I chose the bio matrix system (referred to as the wig by some), however you know you can by Rogaine and take perpiscia for a fraction of the price (it's not their invention). As for hair transplants once again I don't know how good they are, but you should look into the limitations of that procedure prior to trying it and I personally would have gone to Bossley medical center for that if I would have chosen that route, unfortunately that is not an option for me. HOWEVER the bio matrix is not a wig and it's not your traditional hair piece, its top of the line hair that is blended with yours and fused via medical glue to your scalp. The good side to this is that your skin can breathe, sweat, and get cleaned in the shower as the material joining the hair follicles is top of the line. I must agree though that what bothered me the most when I started HCM is that they wait to tell you about the membership fees till after you already paid the $3000. After that it goes by membership levels. Bronze- around $260 a month gives you 4 hair pieces a year and a hair cut every 6 weeks (by the way you must get the haircuts on time as the mesh up as they call it will no longer be successful). Gold is $100 dollars more which includes 6 hair pieces a year and weekly blow dry and adjustment of your frontal hair line which most need to adjust every 5-7 days. You also need to use their products (shampoo, 2 types of conditioners, 2 sprays, and this oil thing, however they last for a while and are reasonably priced, costs the same as other products you might buy, and it's convenient that it's all there for you). So... bottom line that system is not perfect, it is not your own hair! and you do have to keep going there for maintance, but if the hair thing really bother you, it is a great solution, and guys I'm sorry it looks great and is undetectable (however you might be referring to some of those older guys that refuse to take advice of stylists and chose hair styles that just don’t work (works great with your average short hair style). However it is not cheap, and once again I agree with all of you that they do need to lay all the cards on the table before signing you in on the contract, I remember being mad in the beginning as well for that, however I hope this helps all of you guys who might be thinking of joining HCM (hair club for men), as I wish they did tell me all this in the beginning.

matterz57 Dec 03, 2011

What a load, this is from a HC rep pretending to be an average joe.
    Why would the rest of us lie and say we got a crappy wig if we
    didn't, wouldn't we want to share our find with others?
    The people who think these wigs aren't detectable by
    others are delusional, it's like that Seinfeld episode
    where George gets one, and he finds out the hard way.

EtyM Dec 28, 2011

I agree bad bad hair. Not good at all. I have so much to say but it's pretty much like the others were have been ripped off. I guy who sounds like a rep. Honestly no it doesn't look real my family n friends who love me and didn't want to tell me the truth. Further more, The integrated matrix piece I receive sheds like u would not believe. It's ridiculous. I couldn't even cook without having to put on a cap. Hair every where in the food!!! In the shower in the sink. On the clothes. Everywhere!!! I wish there would be an action class lawsuit. I about to began dealing w a refund after having this thing on for a couple of weeks. I cant stand the pain and ache swollen scalp and lost of my own hair from the pulling. Let me know if there is a class action law suit. I'd like to get my money back.

EtyM Dec 28, 2011

This is the integrated matrix system on my head. It's been one week since it was reattached and it's pulled the little of my natural hair I had left. It's traveled back n pulling my hair with the weight of it. Bim having it removed. N they still ask why??? It is dried up hair wig that sits on top of my own hair!! It's clamped by little micro clamps and they hurts!!! I tried putting up pics but it s not working maybe later I ll try again

EtyM Dec 28, 2011

Oh. And if u don't know wether to decide to go with them just read the bbb complaint record. I wish I'd done my research. I ve learned my lesson.

matterz57 Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone notice the posts where they go into
    detail as to what you get from Hair Club? Don't
    they sound like sales pitches, which they probably
    are. Probably HC sales people pretending to be satisfied
    customers, and i doubt there are many of them.

• Ar
    AR MYERS Dec 30, 2011

I agree totally about the bad service, bad product & over pricing. After falling for their high pressure technique to sign a one year contract i thought maybe i would be getting something worth it in the long run. Was i mistaken!! You are kept waiting for approximately six weeks for your first hair piece (Wig) to be hand made after your initial measurement. First they give you supposedly personal service for the first few weeks to"show you how to care for your new hair". You get three over-priced maintenance levels which you only have to wash & treat the hair properly each week. Next you are shuttled to a lower floor where you float from one "hair stylist" to another. The level of expertise is definitely not equal with all the stylist. Sometimes you have to wait over an hour even when you have an appointment. One of the times after waiting 1 1/2 hours i was started by one stylist then handed off to another & finished up by a third stylist. The hair itself is very high maintenance! If you happen to scratch your scalp from irritation or brush too hard... You create bald spots in the hair piece. Yes you can "wear during heavy workouts etc. But the glue (Holding in place) smells very badly! ! Even after shampooing, it temporarily goes away but returns with any sort of sweating (Like hot summer day). If you decide to shampoo & treat yourself between applications, you have to purchase special shampoo, conditioner, gloss serum, & sprays for it's upkeep. Wish i had all this info before sinking my hard earn money into this "hair loss treatment" save your money!!!

MARIETOU Jun 13, 2012

do never ever go to no stupid hair club i do not care wich one they all lie, take your money, glue your hair and leave you with nathing but with no money and a bold hair, i never see a company scam like hair club before, how you know they scam is easy, because all good compnay tell you ok u have so ans so days to call and cancel rigth but i have experience myself i went to them for hair loss, and they do my hair that was not good at all and number 2 anyone can glue your hair for free that is what they do over there and the worst part is they glue it rigth on top of the hair horrible and they call themselves they have experience no way, let me continue and they make me sign a contract, but the next days i have to call them and cancel it due to immergency and they said to me oh they will be no refund of your money because the contract you sign said so, but the contract said 3 days, believe me or not if you want to loose you hair more that u are or go completely bold go to hair club and u will see for yourselfme i will stop anyone that tell me they want to go to hair club, even i met anyone i will tell them my stori and show they my hair before and after pictures from hair club and they will see what i am saying, going to hair club was the biggest mistake of my life i have loose thousands and the little hair i had before now i have to goback to my wig business with no choose. people that post good staff from hair club are people that have been paid to so or people that work for them, no way it can be a satisfied costumer, if you think or have a friend or family that thinking of going they please tell them do not go close to hair club business, no matter where they located.thanks

• Da
    David Sturt Aug 25, 2012

I agree. The rip me off for $3000.00. I wish there were something to do to put them out of business. Or sued them for my time and money back. Oh, they say you can get refund but that is not true. All I can say, the Mclean, Virginia Hair Club is nothing more than a crocked way to get money. They lied and even when I told them after one day, I did not want the wig on my head, they took it off but did not get no refund because they stated you have to tell them in 3 hours if you don't want it. Well, how do you know in so short of time. I slept over the weekend to see if I would like it and I felt hot on my head the entire weekend. I did not sleep well with the wig glued to my head. What a fool I was and anyone else who use this company "Hair Club" to get hair. To bad there is not no civil suits out there where all could get their money back by taking them to court. They need to be put out of business. Just crooked as really don't tell you all. Every chance I get, I tell folks don't do it. Don't go to Hair Club.

• 99
    995900 Sep 23, 2012

Ok bullsh*t just saying only eric your school teacher in your commercials got a good treatment thus his showing over and over and the females looked to be clipped by hair clippers... Duhhhhhh!!!

• El
    eli2051 Mar 11, 2013

I been a client of HCM for many years and I can tell it is a rip off. The WIGS they offer, at least in the bronze plan are cheap, not even fit right on the head and cost a lot, around 260 a month for 4 wigs a year plus only 2 haircuts, the remaining haircuts cost you around 125 dollars each which is ridiculos. I found a much better quality hair pieces, amazing natural and best of all, there are no plans like the bronze, gold, silver, etc, they have only one affordable price a month for the quality of hair and base you want, from the top of the line to the conventional wig. Visit HD.com and you wont regret.

• Va
    v.a May 08, 2013

you need it and you know it... If you are up set that does not mean you are telling the world how bad haor club is... I had the most smooth exp with them

chine doll Dec 15, 2013

i agree with the ones that say hair club is a rip off.They come on to you nice, when u start to have problem with something they make up excuse. They try to put hair peice on you that wont fix or not your. i was allergy to the glue . there is so much i can say but im all for a class action suit.

• We
    wendythree Jan 31, 2014

I have been a hair club member for approximately
    four years.I have used wigs before but the wigs
    didn't let my skin breathe and sweat, also were
    uncomfortable and unstable
    My hair stylists (jamie) is very professional, she
    washes, style, change color and thickness
    whenever i asked without complaint or
    problem.
    I tip my stylist because she does such a good
    job taking care of me and she is always grateful
    Im already stressed with my hair loss, but the
    matrix helps me feel good and improves my
    self esteem, thank you (jamie) for your solicitude

• Br
    brain50 Feb 16, 2014

dbj
    I went there and paid $3, 500 for 6 mos., 3 "matrixes" The first one was great, but I looked just like the stylist. I have short dark brown wavy hair and she gave me dirty blonde, straight hair. It looked good, but not me by a long shot. I had to tell my coworkers I had it colored and straightened. When I went back, I told her I wanted brown and wavy, so they did give me my color and shortened it, but a 1 1/2 hr appt took 3 1/2 hours, being shuffled here and there between people. I had to have my regular hair dresser cut it properly. Then, 6 wks later, I had it taken off and she shaved my head in the front and slathered on the toulene "airplane glue". About a wk later the right side of my head was tender at the spot she shaved and I pressed gingerly on it and this disgusting smelling liquid oozed onto my fingers and that night, into my eyes. I spent the next night using the solvent kit to unglue that part and the infection was red raw and oozing. I now am dealing with conjunctivitis and my husband said I look like someone has hit me in the eyes, all red and swollen. I had to go to a doctor about both and am now on antibiotics with a swollen face. UGH!! I will be seeing a lawyer, class action suit or not. I've taken photos of my face and head - NOT a pretty sight. Will be updating.

• Ah
    A hairy situation Mar 30, 2014

I have been a member of the Hair Club for 10 yrs and as a female my looks were very important to me. NEVER did I think that I would have the top of my head shaved and a hair piece glued on, surgical or not its itchy and has to be removed every two weeks to clean the scalp, My hair stylist is wonderful and I love her but the rest of the staff is all BS with huggy kissy BS. I have never miss as month sand it cost me $600 a month for which I get hair every 4 weeks. Well now I get handed a letter from FL that states I am delinquent and that I am in jeopardy of having my membership canceled and orders canceled for new hair. PLUS I am told that my "Platimum" service has gone up to $700 a month, yet the sales person failed to charge me the increase for 4 years because she felt badly doing so. MORE BS. I got charged for longer hair a year ago so why wasn't this figured in? This is a scam that once you are hooked you ARE hooked. What are your options? Go to another hair club? Grow back your own hair on top and look like a fool? I am so angry that I was given this letter I want to scream. I work hard to pay this monthy fee and yes the hair is gorgeous but only last 4 WEEKS and then it looks like a rats nest. Common sense it is not growing from your scalp but on a piece of mesh. Do yourself a favor and go someplace else before you get screwed.

• Sj
    S.Jacobs Sep 01, 2014

I went to hair club for men and women a number of years ago..I am completely balded in the front.. i was lead to believe i would grow new hair of my own instead i was given a wig causing me @$1200.00..to this day i can't believe they're still in business.
    I still have days i get so depressed over i was taken advantage of.. Is it too late to get in on a class action suit..my e-mail is "[email protected]' and christopher you must work for them...ahame on you.

Hairsh/...t Nov 26, 2019

@S.Jacobs my husband was so happy about getting his new hair because that is what we were told during the consult and now they came up with a wig that he is suppose to be changing every two months, it will stop if we do something, contact an attorney I already done it, my email is narvaezmnd @ hot mail . com

angelnancy Mar 09, 2016

I have only been a member for one year, but within that one year, I have had the most unprofessional experience ever. I must admit that due to financial difficulties I am currently in debt with them for $450.00 but when I first went to them, they stated that I would be a member for life, this is a family oriented company and that they would work with me to accommodate my needs. Needless to say, the original administrative staff members that presented me with this plan and took my $5000.00 upfront payment are no longer there. The new administrative staff are very unprofessional and uncaring. I have cried, pleaded and begged for service but was told " If this was a regular store, would you go and say - ' Oh I need this product. Can I take it and pay later?" This was the last remark from them. As of this writing, I needed to cut my whole hair of, the hair piece thinned to a point that I needed to cut it short and I have been forced into wearing a WIG that you can tell is a Wig. I have been trying to find an outside hairstylist that could help me but to no avail. I am regrettably forced to stay with them once I am able to make payment. Until then, I need to deal with my low self esteem and regrettable choice that I have made.

• Sh
    Shauna Rodriguez Mar 18, 2016

Well I got my hair glued on for the first time in March 2007 - I was never told it was a monthly thing and I would be charged $414.00 per month - my piece the first time was $3, 000.00 - I was with them till about 2013 and to get out of it I had to lie and tell them I was moving overseas - because they would not take no for an answer - now I have to glue wigs etc onto my head because their glue made my hair fall out - I have pictures on before and after - now I will have to do this for the rest of my life - the glue literally stops what ever hair you had to stop growing and with new products that have came out I could have used some of those and not go totally bald which I am now from the glue they put onto my head - I am devastated from this and have gone to Hair Direct to get products so I can have hair glued on and have learned to do it myself - I go to lacewigs and buy the cheap human hair pieces to have hair. Hair Club is the biggest rip off - I want to post pictures so you can see but too embarrassed!! I want to be on a class action lawsuit!

• Vv
    VValter Mar 19, 2016

Don't wast your money! They rob you! And their product is not what is promised! Hair piece toupe/wig lasted only three week and it cost $4000. Considering legal actions. Disgusting what they do to people who are already self conscience and are looking to feel good about themselves.

Do you research 108 total complaints on the bbb!!!

Enough said!

• Mi
    Michele Martinelli DiCola Feb 04, 2017

I'm concerned that they shaved my head at one point until I vehemently protested! Now when they do the monthly maintenance I have total bald spots ! So what is causing my new hair loss ? The glue ? The fact that the wig is suffering my hair follicles ? I'm very confused !

• St
    stressed hair Jun 01, 2017

I agree with every bad complaint on here The Manager lie to get me in and Im toataly upset zero stars

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices