I have been in the unfortunate position to have to use hair replacement systems for many years after a chronic illness caused me to lose my hair, and, as a woman, I have not had the courage to just accept baldness. As a result I have used several hair replacement stylists, and companies and conclude that Hair Club is the least horrible of the ones I have dealt with.
First, I will say that any replacement system will never be as good, or look as good, as your own hair. If anybody is going to try a hair system, which is basically just a fancy name for a wig, that person must be realistic about what a company or stylist can actually accomplish.
The hair systems I have tried have been attached to my head by different means: tape, glue, clips, and even sewn to my own thin hair when I had hair.
I have done business with individual stylists, bought my own hair systems on line, and entered into contracts with three different national companies, including HC.
I will tell you what I have learned in my long history of hair replacment systems:
1. None of these systems were ever completely undetectable, and no system out there ever will be, but certain systems were less detectable than others. For instance, human hair is more natural looking than synthetic, medium to heavy density is the most natural looking, I think, and full lace caps are less detectible than any other material.
2. All hair systems that are glued or taped to your head will come up, and come loose after just a few days. If you use this type of system ( I use a combination of glue and tape) which, for me, feels the most securely attached, you will have to learn how to re-secure the system yourself almost every day and in between salon appointments, which is pretty simple to do.
3. No hair, no matter if its virgin, remy, human, synthetic, Indian, Chinese, or hair from an alien from outer space, is going to last more than a few weeks, or even a few months before it will either have to be thrown away or sent in to have more hair added to it. Whenever you comb your hair, wash it or style it, some hairs are going to break or fall out, and, obviously, since it doesn't grow back, you will eventually be left with stringy hair and/or bald spots if you don't buy a new one or send it in to have hair added. I find my systems have not lasted more than 2 weeks, so I bought 26 heads of hair, and have a new one applied every two weeks.
4. All hair systems will need to be washed every 3-4 days as they get dull and stiff and can start to smell. You must be careful when you are washing the system. Comb it out before you wash, use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, do not rub it a lot when you are washing it, apply a shine gloss or detangler, comb it out again, and let it air dry as much as possible before styling, and never use super high heat when drying or styling.
5. I have found individual stylists to be unreliable and go out of business very often. They are also difficult to reach if you have an emergency, usually doing business on a cell phone and if they don't feel like answering their cell phone, you are out of luck. So if you need regular service, you may want to consider a bigger company that is more established. Also individual stylists tend to cost a little less than the bigger companies, but I don't mind paying more, for more reliable service.
6. Buying your own hair on line costs less, but it is very difficult to figure out what kind of hair to order, how to measure your head correctly for a custom fit and then you have to apply it yourself, which I found impossible to do even though I have been using a hair system for years. However, I have known people who find this option a good one if they use clip on hair pieces and once they figure out how to correctly measure their heads, and pick the right color, type, density, and texture of hair they need. They also have to find a good stylist who can do a good job cutting the system in.
7. Bigger companies will require you to sign a contract for service, and None of the three I used offered a refund for cancelling the contract, for client dissatisfaction with their produce or service, including HC. So if you are not sure about getting a hair system, do a lot of research, read reviews, go talk to the actual clients, and if you do decide to try a hair system, buy just one head of hair to see how you like it, or enter into the least expensive, shortest contract they offer before you enter into a long term, more expensive comittment
8. Bigger companies usually will cost more than most individual stylists or buying on line. One company I used cost more than HC, and one cost a little less. And then there is one international company out there that I did not do business with as they wanted to charge me $7, 000 for two heads of custom made hair, which was basically the same wig glued to my head as I had for years. Outrageous. Even more outrageous is that this company said one head of hair would last 3-4 years. BS! I declined to sign that contract and as I was walking out of their office, another woman was walking in who was very angry and she said, I hope you didn't sign up for this rip-off and proceeded to tell me that it took her almost 4 months to get the hair they "custom made" for her, and when she finally got it, it didn't fit and was the wrong color. She told the stylist at the time it was put on, but the stylist told her to call and make an appointment to come back in to fix it. She went back 5 days later for her appointment to fix it, and they told her it would have to be sent back in to be repaird and they wanted to charge her an additional $350.00 to fix it. When she refused to pay for their mistake they told her to leave. She was returning that day to meet with the manager. I don't know what happened to her, but I imagine it wasn't good.
9. After all of my experiences, I chose Hair Club. Hair Club hair quality is average, the hair is not undetectable, it comes up, it wears out, I have to sign a contract which is non-refundable, and it costs me about the same as some people pay for a mortgage each month, but I stayed with them because I found them to be reliable. If I need an appointment to accommodate a special ocassion, or if the hair needs to be fixed, or if I want to change the color, my requests have always been met. My stylist has a great deal of experience handling hair systems and that makes a difference in how well they are applied, how they look and how long they last. Is HC perfect, no way. I think they are overpriced, they exaggerate the quality of their products, and their product is no better than any other system, but HC is the best I have found.
This is just my experience, other people might have a different opinion of HC based on their own experiences. I just urge everyone to do your homework before you sign a contract or give someone a lot of money, and be realistic about what a hair system can actually do.
High-pressure tactics, constant up-sell, duplicitous in the extreme. One of the worst experiences of my life. When I went in for a "consultation" they showed me pseudo-scientific utterly ridiculous movie on hair loss. Then shoved a contract into my face to "get me started." They wanted $3000! I told my "consultant" a vapid young lady, that this was much more than I could afford, so she miraculously found a "special" that she said had "expired" but she had her supervisor's approval to offer it to me. That "special" was $2000, which also turned out to be "negotiable” and we "settled" on an even smaller amount. I was told that this was the only major expense, and that once my "new hair" was in place, all I would need to do would be to come in about every 5 weeks for a haircut, and "service" which would run about $75.
This company preys on the insecurities that losing one's hair can bring. I foolishly signed up and with great fanfare, they measured me for what they told me was going to be my "custom hair matrix". I was told that it took up to 6 weeks to create my "new hair." Miraculously, I got a call about 3 weeks later; telling me my "custom matrix" was ready. They attempted to create the illusion I was getting some sort of magic new hair, made especially for me. But this "custom system” turned out to be a rather ratty-looking, off-the-shelf wig!!!
Fitting this piece was traumatic. Without warning, the technician shaved my head completely using some sort of electric clipper and vibrating device that I am sure killed of what remaining hair follicles I had. I went ballistic! It was a nightmare looking at myself in the mirror! Then the "tech" glued the wig in place and styled it. At least it covered up my newly-shaved head but I was absolutely livid and realized I had been "had." The next part of their strategy is to start selling you their various monthly plans- none of which were mentioned when I first signed up. Fortunately I did not sign anything else. I went back twice for two lousy haircuts and "service" and each time the manager kept pressuring me to sign up for one of their plans. I never went back.
I cancelled a Hairclub appointment, in I really did not have a scheduled appointment yet for services, I wa...
I had my 'free' consultaions with "BOB" at Hair Club on *** St. in Knoxville TN. I was promised that if I did the 'biomatrix' hair replacement that it WOULD NOT damage my hair, and that I would receive ALL my money back !00% of $1500 if not satisfied. I was never given the patch test to see if my hair was strong enough that is listed on the contract. The contract is written so tiny and is so long, and I trusted BOB and just did it without reading...that is ***. My hair was ripped from my head in dime sized bald spots by this process. I was treated horribly when I asked for my money back after it was removed, and told that no, I MIGHT get 50% if corporate headquarters agreed, and they tried to sell me more! I have never been so humiliated, or had my own hair blamed for the problem and the damage it recieved. There was NEVER any show of appology, any regret on their part, any humanity shown to me, except for Rhonda the beauticion who was an angel and compassionate.
Hair Club for Men, Women and Kids offer hair restoration products, treatments and hair transplant surgery services. They offer a range of products and services for people suffering from light to heavy hair loss. I started to lose my hair around my 30th birthday. It took me years to finally seek help about it but when I got around to it I decided to go to Bosley. After the initial consultation with a Bosley representative, I did some digging and I found a plethora of medical (yes medical) violations and decided to find a better solution than to get my head whacked by butchers. My friend has a hair system and it looks great but I didn't really want to pursue that solution. He suggested I meet with Hair Club so I bit the bullet. The initial consultation was short and sweet, they performed an analysis of my hair loss and scalp and told me I was a good candidate for hair translantation surgery. I'd heard this before at Bosley so I did my homework and found Hair Club has only the best doctors working for them. The surgery was pretty affordable, took a few hours and was painless. I did have a sore scalp the next couple of days but the Dr. says it is normal and the discomfort was nominal. My surgery was two years ago and I am VERY happy with my decision. I cannot speak to others experiences, but mine was excellent and the results on par with my expectations.
I went for a consultation to The Hair Club in Atlanta, Ga. last month. Before I knew it they had me in there...
First of all, this is not a complaint, It is just information about ther ext program from hair club. I...
PLEASE DO NOT GO UNDER THEY'RE TREATMENT. The laser treatment will make your hair to fall out even
more, didn't you notice that, before having a problem of hair loss, during summer time your hair falls out a little more ? Well Helllooo ! they apply heat in your scalp, when I told them that they treatment was not working for me and in fact it was causing me more hair loss they offered me extentions. HATE THIS PEOPLE, they make money with the misery of women like me that having a mild tyroid disorder that silly doctors didn't pay attention to was suffering from this horrible nightmare of hair loss. My advice :use rogaine 5 % (minoxidil is the only drug SCIENCE PROVED to help ), eat lean red meat it did worked for me and have a cup of coffe or 2 cups of caffeinated teas a day ( caffeine interferes with DHT ) all this advices helped me through the last 2 years fighting this problem. HOPE I HELPED SOMEONE LIKE ME. ERIKA
This was the BIGGEST joke ever. I saw their advertisement on tv and thought I would give them a call I ended...
Hair Club for Men and Women offers products, styles, cuts and moisture treaments as an alternative to hair plugs or extentions for people with only slightly thinning hair. What they don't tell you is that they try to ruin your hair in order to get even more money when you have to use their hair replacement methods.
Their stylists are incompetent and rude. They can not follow directions nor do they have much common sense. My hair was colored an unnatural dark color even though my eyelashes and eybrows are light blonde. Instead of trimming my hair and leaving at my shoulder or below the "stylist" Kim left only 2 inches at the back of my neck and it's uneven and choppy.
AJ the manager of Hair Club in Cincinnati refuses to honor our contract which states that if I am not satisfied with their services I can have the purchase price given in products. His solution was that I just not come back... and forgo the thousands of dollars I've spent.
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. They are unprofessional, incompetent and tried to ruin my hair in order to get more money from me.
I received a Spam email from the Hair Club which seemed enticing, since my hair is receding (now I realize that I must have been identified by someone as a potential sales lead and no doubt there is commission at stake if they reel me in. Well, having a little idel time on my hands, I took the bait and clicked through to their web site at HairClub.com and found they even had a location in my own city here in Tampa, Florida. Wow, how convenient I thought! Hmmm, I was seriously thinking about taking their free promotion to inspect my hair and scalp (a $250.00 savings) forgetting that my $15 Barber could offer some free advice. Anyway, I thought what's the harm with letting them take a look and giving me some options, information and free advice. Then, on a hunch, since there are so many scams now-a-days, I went to Google and searched for Hair Club complaints and was so thankful I did, because after reading all of the horror stories from people who had done business with the Hair Club (or should I say, attempted to do business with the Hair Club) I got all of the information and free advice I needed without even leaving my chair and keyboard. So, for all of you who had such a terrible experience with the Hair Club, thanks for at least taking the time to post your comments here and elsewhere, because you really are helping others avoid the same grief and there is no telling how much money you have saved other individuals like myself, who might have been sucked in to a scam like this if it wasn't for your efforts to warn others. Thanks again ... I'll keep my thin hair and keep smiling too!
HCFM in Puerto Rico is a scam!!! do not go there if you live in puerto rico nonono. Hi my name is Edgardo and I ve been rob by this people telling me that I look good, and when I got aut to my friends they laft at me because it, s realy look bad, not natural at all. And I ask for a refound an they say no way jose, so I lost $2, 600.00 I guest Im calling my lawyer. So I you know think before you go and be weare of this people, they dont care.
Do Not Use or Buy this product. I was a client of Hair Club for Men for 3 years from 1997 to 2000. I decided to give them another try and on my first visit I ended up walking out.
Nothing about this company has chenged in 9 years. Terrible product and terrible service.
Well I was a customer for 3 years. All I have to say is that after you get your new hair and wear it for one...
First of all I made full payment 6 weeks prior to treatment. When I was called for consultation I wa...
Thanks for all the reviews about Hair Club. It helped me change my mind and save money. They seem like just a business trying to rip people off. When they asked for deposit they processed everything really fast but for crediting my money back, they are acting so slow and do not respond my calls back! Shame on such a business!
I absolutely would NOT recommend The Hair Club for Men and Women to anyone! I was charged $1000.00 and...
On October 6, 2007 I went with my boyfriend to look into hair transplants and similar opportunities. Hearing...
Hair Club For Men's "consultant" is nothing but a trashy, smooth-talking salesperson. In the so-called...
I signed an (over-priced) contract for one year and was told I had 3 days to rescind it. Then the sale...