Groupon.comfraudulant credit card charges

M

On Sept. 18th I purchased a 50% off coupon for the Gap($50.00 coupon for $25.00). When I found I had to wait 3-4 days for the email coupon I immediate requested a refund. I was responded to quickly and the charge hit on the 22nd and a credit was posted on the 23rd.

This was all good, but then on the 24th I received a call from Capital one due to unusual charges to this same card. They started on the 22nd and the Groupon charge appeared again, then there was a Pizza Hut charge, 2 Skype charges (15.00 ea), 2 Netflix charges and more. I do not use Skype phone and I am not a Netflix Memmber and have not been to a Pizza hut in 15 years. Then after the card was canceled on the 24th there was another email for Groupon saying they could not process my order due to the card being declined.

Groupon had a severe security breach or they have an untrustworthy employee in charge of confidential information.

• Updated by Lydia Jenkins · Apr 14, 2019

I bought a dmv and emmision service. Groupon charged me and I was charged on top of that by the merchant.

• Updated by ThereseS · Dec 11, 2019

Fix my orders!!

• Tr
    TRUTHONLY1234 Feb 13, 2020

you currently have a GROUPON for a Quentz Bilingual Academy, but after I purchased this I reached out to them. They are really rude, and continue to not answer all of my questions. When I asked them to call me to discuss they said they had no time. I then told them I had the GROUPON and they basically told me it was NOT VALID.

Is this for real?

james boond Feb 09, 2020

I got voucher from blue ocean restaurant through GROUP ON

But I couldn't find on my group on .

Please advise

• Th
    ThereseS Dec 17, 2019

I am extrememly disappointed. No photos were ever allowed or asjed to br uploade yo personalize. I have already done all i can through both pinterix and groupon!

• Ra
    rankrom1 Nov 24, 2019

I bought a car cover last Oct. 2018. I bought an extended warranty on it. The number for the voucher #[protected] Groupon #LG-9R5C-NF7Z-SM3Y-2534. The cover is ripping. I even called the company about this All they told me that I have to go to Groupon for my service

Kitties51 May 19, 2019

I bought a voucher through groupon for 1-800 Flowers and the voucher does not work in any way. We bought the $30.00 value for $15.00. Since it does not work at all we want a refund of the $15.00. GROUPON IS A BIG TIME SCAM SERVICE!!

• Ly
    Lydia Jenkins Apr 21, 2019

They charged me a fee for this service and redeemed my groupon coupon. I paid then 49 dollars. Did not catch this till I checked my bank activity. Needless to say I am very unhappy.

• Mi
    Millie Mcnamer Apr 16, 2019

I have tried contacting her three times and get no answer. I did not receive my shirt that says Mimi said I could.I've been waiting for a very long time I want to give this as a gift. How many times do I have to contact you on this matter I would like the shirt delivered to me ASAP

• Be
    Beauregardthedog Aug 06, 2017

I recently had my credit card information stolen from the groupon site. Had to cancel my card and am concerned about using groupon again due to their lack of security.

• Rg
    Rgcool Dec 10, 2016

I didn't even purchase anything from Groupon, nor did I know what it was until I found fraudulent charges on my credit card! One was for $237 another for $357 and one for $750!!! dollars! What coupon could I have purchased for over $200, 300 or even $700 dollars!?! Rent a Ferrari?!?

I called my bank to have these charges investigated but also had to cancel my card in the meantime, what a hassle!!

• Sh
    Shopper720 Jan 28, 2015

Never had a Groupon account...TV delivered to my house that I did not order...Contacted Credit card co...it was deemed a fraudulent charge. Cant get in touch with Groupon ..What a mess!!

Mandree Jan 23, 2013

Groupon will not honor their guarantee that if you are not pleased they will refund your money. We will never use Groupon agani and would caution others so they will not be disappointed.

• Ra
    RAPTOR555 Jan 09, 2013

I was unable to get a refund, also but they gave me a credit when I asked for it.

• Me
    Merkeba Jan 09, 2013

I have purchased several Groupons and while the deals are great, DO NOT TRY TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK, as they only do so within 7 days and are not so happy to do so.

Kisoole Dec 20, 2012

Their shipping is terrible! I ordered a throw blanket and a month later I still don't have it! They say they deliver in 2 1/2 weeks but it didn't even begin shipping until 3 weeks after I ordered it! I was hoping to give this as a Christmas present which is why I bought it so early, but thanks to Groupon I have to wait until it finally comes for me to give it to my friend. Thanks for nothing Groupon!

Sambite Dec 08, 2012

Groupon Good is Terrible!! I ordered something they didn't ship it till 2 and a half weeks later. Come to find out they shipped it to the wrong address and told me to call UPS to try and change it!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Terrible customer service. Was on hold 4 times for over 20 minutes!!! Don't do it. Not worth the stress.

• Es
    Eskere Dec 06, 2012

I bought a "resort stay voucher" for $400. They would not redeem my voucher - what a scam - if you look at their "resorts" definitely not worth it even if they were honest.

• Si
    Siminiane Dec 06, 2012

Don't purchase tickets (G Passes) through them... they can't follow through and you'll end up missing the show! To top it off... they don't follow up, apologize or make it up to you!

• Hu
    Hubele Nov 21, 2012

The first thing i bought took a month to arrived, second one was k but the thrid one was the expensive one i didn't even get a tracking confirmation and when i contact customer support they always say that they don't know anything about it and keep waiting.

• Ga
    Galuzze Nov 01, 2012

Shipping address to my daughter was different than MY cc address so they canceled and called it fraud and canceled my order after charging my cc. Then offered me a different product for $100 more dollars.

• Hi
    Higiren Oct 11, 2012

I received the product DAMAGED! I tried to contact them and they say we apologize for any inconvenience but your item is not eligible...I say no I wanted the product it is just damaged..again well sorry but your item is not eligible. So now Im stuck with a broken product. I will never use them again.

• Ko
    Konjuferm Aug 21, 2012

If you don't return stuff which may be broken in the box - within 14 days - you are told to pound sand. No warranty - nothing. (FINE PRINT).

Sorry - but sometimes I don't get to using stuff the MINUTE I GET IT.

Awful customer service. Shop elsewhere.

• Po
    Pochote Aug 06, 2012

Shortly after signing up for a Groupon.com promotion, my credit card was fraudulently used to make a purchase at Applestore.com. I rarely make purchases online, so I believe that the source of the fraud is Groupon or their website.

• Wo
    Wormele Jul 27, 2012

They deactivated my account with no explanation, and then stole $140 of credit from my account. GROUPON SUCKS !!!

• Ni
    Niebel Jul 11, 2012

Groupon charged me for a service they didn't deliver. They don't post a real contact email - lovely guys. After taking the time to call they said they credited my account but didn't . Serious credibility problems.

• Si
    Sirdulee Jun 26, 2012

AWFUL!! Out of 5 things I have ordered off the groupon goods site I only received 1!! That took over 2 months to receive. I still haven't received full refunds for products I have purchased over 3 months ago. It is ridiculous. I do not recommend this to anyone who plans on receiving anything in a timely matter or at all! I will never have anything to do with this $#*! site again.

• Al
    Alichey Jun 14, 2012

Refused a refund after the store and groupon were misleading!!!

• Al
    Alsokee Jun 13, 2012

Not good. they did not pay me.

Kiliper Jun 12, 2012

I must say I will never use Groupon EVER again in my life. I have purchased a curling iron almost 2 weeks ago & they still haven't shipped my order. I am so done with this site. I need to unsubscribe myself because it is a useless site. Pathetic.

• Ab
    Abigation May 30, 2012

I am a small businessman and I desperately need more publicity. I thought this site would do it. Turns out they hate small businesses and refuse to do business with small businesses.

I looked at the "deals" offered and they're just worthless. I can get 10% off in most places just by negotiating. The other deals - you have to buy so much it's just not worthwhile.

• Oc
    Ochekotte May 29, 2012

I have been buying deals on this site for over a year. At first everything was fine. Then, I had a cleaning company refuse to return my calls to set up an appointment on a $70 voucher. This persisted until the deal expired. I DID contact Groupon before the deal expired for help and received none. I received a maddenign letter from Groupon accusing me of not contacting the House Cleaning company before the expiry date. I have the calls on my phone bill. They essentially blew the problem off. Then, they over-sold another deal and the merchant stated that they knew that they were overselling it, and that the merchant should not be liable because Groupon sold more vouchers than they contracted for. So, once again I am out money--now over 100.00. When I googled them, I found tons of complaints regarding the SAME cleaning company and the same deals. I don't think the issue is whether they fit into the definition of a scam or not. The issue is more properly couched as, "Do you get what you pay for? The answer is that 75% of the time you do not. I am basing this on one year's experience and numerous failed calls to customer service. I am writing to the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau in my state. At least if people do their homework they won't be burned.

• We
    Werhay May 27, 2012

I would forward all of my lovely emails they sent me regarding a purchase. They are very deceptive. Beware. Some are great deals but this is very risky.

• Go
    Goomake May 27, 2012

Purchased a so called deal on Groupon. Not sure who is making the money on these but I know it's a ripoff for the consumer. I ended up paying more in the end than I would have without the Groupon "deal". Whether it was Groupon or the merchant that was resonsible, I will never patronize either one again. I should have known better and I certainly will in the future. BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Ol
    Olipare May 23, 2012

Had one really poor experience (no delivery on goods, no response fr Groupon, finally received a refund) but decided to try another time. Again, no delivery, cannot reach the office, no response to my emails). That's it, I will unsubscribe to all their annoying, phony email deals!

• Ho
    Hobeled May 08, 2012

They sent me invalid coupon that merchant did not accept. I have been on the phone with customer service for over a week now and they are unable to fix the issue. Will go for refund. Hopefully I can get my $200 back.

• Na
    Naitruve May 06, 2012

I recommend everyone to stay away from goods sold on Groupon, it is impossible to return anything once you purchase it no matter how dissatisfied you may be. This is very poor customer service. But I still think that it is worth buying Groupon for services, but not for goods.

• Th
    The Ogre May 03, 2012

Why would you spend 22 dollars for them when you can get them somewhere for 15 dollars? I dont get it.

• Bu
    Buliene May 01, 2012

I ordered some jbuds (earphones) it said they were originally 89dollars which is a total lie!!! they sell them on amazon for 15 dolla and i paid 22dollars on groupon for these horrible earphones!!! they were broken when i plugged them in! I am very pissed off and i plan to return them as soon as possible but i have to wait 24hours for them to get back to me!!! ugh... i do not recommend this site!!

• Pi
    Pileme Apr 26, 2012

On the face of it the deals do look good but 99 % are crappy with very poor experience. In fact, on so many occasions they have refunded money to customers for businesses going bust even before the customer could redeem her/ his coupon. Also, watch out for expired coupons, they do not give you credit in the form of even groupon bucks which many other similar sites do, no questions asked. Stay away!!

Samile Apr 25, 2012

I have same problem with groupon ; paid the money, did not receive my coupon for ' days already. And since I am leaving this city now i will not be able to use the coupon, so waste of money. DON'T BUY ON GROUPON if you need the coupon soon. You will lose your money. Maybe this is how they make actual profit. I just lost 80 dollars to them.

• Mi
    Milamine Apr 24, 2012

I have same problem with groupon; paid the money, did not receive my coupon for ' days already. And since I am leaving this city now i willl not be able to use the coupon, so waste of money. DONT BUY ON GROUPON if you need the coupon soon. You will lose your money. Maybe this is how they make eactual profit. I just lost 80 dollars to them.