Green DotUnlimited prepaid card

J Feb 17, 2021

Since 2015 I have held a GreenDot prepaid card without an issue. It was January 6, 2021 when my nightmare began.
On December 23, 2020 after waiting 27 weeks for my Pandemic Unemployment Assistance I received 2 deposits. I felt relieved after all the struggles and lack of shelter I could finally get some type of stable housing and begin addressing my medical needs. I was born with a congential defect of my hip joints which lead to more orthopedic issues as I aged.
On January 4th 2021 I purchased an RV for a little over $5, 000.00. To my surprise I could not readily access my funds or wire transfer to the Sellers bank account. I tried an alternative way of funding thru an online app called Cash App. I was able to transfer funds to the seller in various amounts. On January 5th I made all the payments necessary to pick up the RV and drive it back to our camp spot.
The next day I filed for my unemployment benefit because a message came thru stating the Colorado Unemployment System would be shut down until January 10th. I filed for one week. The deposit for that week was made in the amount of $707.00.
On January 7th 2021 I went to DMV to register the RV and my card was declined. I thought this was odd because I had ample funds to cover the fees.
I came back to the RV and checked my account and there was an email from Green Dot stating I had to validate my identity and to send a copy of my license to Customer Service and once reviewed my account would be unlocked.
I panicked and sent a copy of my license to every fax or email I could find of Green Dots so my funds could be released. The Code Enforcement of Longmont had just issued me a tow warning because I had no plates on my RV and they threatened to impound my home.
Within 2 hours I received an email stating my documents could not be verified. I was extremely confused and panicked.
I spent the next 3 weeks on hold for hours to speak to a representative. Each representative gave me different reasons why my account was still locked. One of the emails stated my account was inactive.
To date february 16, 2021 I still have no answers or access to my pua funds. Eight thousand six hundred forty seven dollars and fifty three cents $8, 647.53 is what green dot denied me access to.
I have sent clear copies of my license along with a copy of my cellular bill. I provided my insurance declaration page showing my RV purchase and address verification. Yet Green Dot will not honor my formal request I made in writing asking the company to refund the balance in the account and issue me a check to close the account. I believe I am being targeted because I am a low income citizen dependant upon Governmental Assistance. This company has targeted many PUA receipants and PPP Loan holders taking all their money including mine. I want access to my money. I waited 27 weeks for Colorado to Approve my unemployment and now Green Dot has denied me access to this Assistance for over 6 weeks now.