Green Dot Moneypakdifficult to use

My 14 year old son purchased a green dot moneypak at walmart a while back. He lost the receipt which you need to activate the card and now we can no longer use the card which was 4. 95 to activate along with 50. 00 dollars added to the card for a total of 54. 95. I phoned moneypak and they can't help us. I then called walmart and they too said they can't help. That's a loss of 54. 95 for us and a gain of 54. 95 for moneypak. What a scam they've set up. It's preying on those people who lose the receipt. : (

• Ro
    Rockos2 Mar 21, 2014

If you are having problems loading use FIREFOX as your browser, it works. here is a support number too. [protected] press 2

marina_12 Sep 30, 2013

You don't need the receipt -- you just need the reloader pack.. Throw the receipt away -- flip the reloader pack over (that thing you bought for $4.95 or whatever they charge for them now), use your thumb or a coin (quarter works best) and scratch where it says to scratch (you know, like a scratcher lottery ticket)... that will reveal your money code (or whatever they call it).. then just log into your account and you can use that code to load the money onto your green dot card. Not difficult... You can also reload via the phone using that code and their automated system... Simple. Not a scam.

• Fr
    Frustrated PayPal customer Feb 06, 2013

My MoneyPak card won't load. MoneyPak 800 number does not recognize the number. Cannot talk to a live person. PayPal no help. MoneyPak cannot verify address. I requested a refund after two hours of frustration. PayPal needs another company to load money onto its site. This has been a nightmare!

• La
    larry2011 Nov 16, 2011

Moneypak is a scam... I purchased a card for 300 bucks to transfer to paypal and it wouldnt transfer! I called money pak 5 times and they couldnt help me. they told me to call paypal so i did but they couldnt help me. Its suppose to be convenient right? That is the whole point. Well, nobody could help me so they issued a check to me and took my $4.95. I didnt even get to use it. Now I have to wait 7-10 business days to get my money back... What a scam and a rip off!

fsaleh Oct 02, 2010

Yes you can, it worked for me! Good luck!

• Ne
    neomastiff Oct 02, 2010

Same thing happened to me yesterday. me and my wife went to walmart to buy groceries once at the cash register i added a moneypak of $25 to use on ebay. Anyway, i did not read the back of the CARD until we got home and realized i threw away the receipt, i mean how many of you keep the receipts of the groceries? after google search of my issue i found this site and readring all this posts i think i'm screwed, unless like one of the posts says Walmart can print me out a receipt if i take my card to them. I'll try as posted and come back with an update.

fsaleh Sep 12, 2010

Did you buy yours from Walmart? I was told a few hours ago that the Walmart ones only have the number on the receipt.

• Rp
    rpearson33704 Sep 12, 2010

Are you talking about the card that comes with the original package? You can use that card until your new card (it will have your name and card # on it)comes. I don't understand how you were not given a receipt though, every time I go to put money on my card the store always gives me a receipt. However, if you still have the packaging that the card came in that can also be used to register your card online. If you don't have the packaging then maybe if you go to the store that you bought the card from they can help you but if not then you really did pay for nothing and that sucks.

fsaleh Sep 12, 2010

I disagree with you all. Why do they give you a card when you can't make use out of it? Why can't the CARD number be on the CARD?

In my case, I was never given a receipt, and now I have this worthless card. I paid 34.95, and now I have nothing.

• Rp
    rpearson33704 Jul 29, 2010

Yeah, I have to agree with the others on this one. That was really due to negligence on your part and your son's part. However, it seems weird that Walmart wasn't able to get you copy of the receipt unless you didn't bring in the MoneyPak. The Walmart's here in my area of Florida can reprint a receipt from the UPC code off the back of the MoneyPak. You could try that and if that doesn't help you then you should get a refund for the MoneyPak since the store shouldn't be able to dispute you having bought it there even without a receipt. Good luck in your pursuit of getting your money back.

• Lj
    lj76 Jun 28, 2010

Also, the Terms of Service for moneypak clearly state you must be 18 or older to use it.
    Unless you want minors to be able to purchase adult services without having to prove their identity first, that is a good policy, in my opinion.
    Note to all users that complain the amount of money loaded on the card isn't the amount you loaded. Expect to have to prove the amount you loaded with a receipt, check the receipt before you leave the cashier, not after you leave the store.

• Ph
    Phoenix77 Apr 17, 2010

First off, it is your son's fault for losing the receipt. If someone is not responsible enough to handle items well, then he/she should NOT handle it at all. If your son did not read the moneypak information on the moneypak card, then obviously it is NOT Green Dot Moneypak's fault, neither is it Walmart.

I am NOT defending Green Dot, because they scammed out of my 50dollars. However, my reason are far more legit than yours.

I have been using Green Dot for the past year with no problems until recently, they took the 50dollars out of the card I tried to use and charge into my paypal. That being said, I understand how you feel about "scamming" but in your situation, it isn't a scam. It was ignorance.

• Ni
    nietzels440 Mar 01, 2010

That is exactly what is happening to me. I put 200$ on it though, not 50$. Plus, Moneypak has blocked my number or something because they wont pick up to my calls. I want my 200 dollars.