Great Funmembership fee increased???

N

Just received postcard informing me that my "Great Fun membership fee has been increased. This charge will be reflected within your next three billing cycles. To ensure that you enjoy uninterrupted savings and service, we will automatically continue your membership unless you call [protected], toll free. to cancel. Otherwise your new $12.99 membership fee will be automatically billed to your credit or debit card account each month.
If you have questions about your Great Fun membership or how to use it, or do not want it to be renewed, please call us at [protected].

Sincerely,
Ann Clure
Senior Director, Great Fun"

I called the listed number to find out what this was about (never heard of GreatFun) and was told that due to high call volume to call back.

Help! What scam is this????

• Vi
    vicki perry Aug 16, 2016

I also had charges on my account that I know nothing about. Great Fn 13.99, Just 4Me 11.99, Autovantge 14.99 in the month of Oct, called the creditcard co and cancelled my card and was issued another, lo and behold the first bill on this new card has TLG Comp Home. Need I say my card will be cancelled

• Cr
    Cristina Moreno Aug 16, 2016

This company is full of it they charged my card that was linked to another name according to them. When i called pissed off they refused to cancell such membership even after i told them i never authorized the charge. WOW!!! I cant believe TLG Great America is still in business they should be legally prosecuted by now.

• Gk
    gkjohn Aug 16, 2016

DO NOT USE EXPEDIA.COM!!! when purchseing a airline ticket they automaticly athorize Great Fun to take out $38.50 out of your account every month . When tring to call they reroute you INDIA then to CHINA then to Sinapor... then who knows where They will not refund any money or stop the charges I am in the process of contacting the FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE CORP. FDIC Shellia blair to get GREAT FUNS bank routing number and account number and with a FEDERAL judges order to extract money from GREAT FUNS bank account... GREAT FUN is scam

Sarahsnothappy Aug 16, 2016

I just noticed Great Fun has debited 11.99 from my checking acct which sparked my interest to investigate. They have taken 11.99 for the last 12months!!! Dont know who they are or how they got my debitcard info but I will be going to the bank tomorrow and calling them again (since they are "closed" today) and may consult an attorney if need be! They are thiefs! Report them asap!

• Ti
    TinaRN Aug 12, 2016

Priceline gave my credit information to a company called "Great Fun" and they are now charging me for a service I did not ask for. How is this legal????

Tina S.

• Ba
    bajaskier Aug 12, 2016

You are going to have to cancel your credit card to stop the charges and take them to small claims court for your refund. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's the same for CIC, Wu Yi tea, Acacia Berry and all the others scammers.

Marci Gunn Aug 12, 2016

I called Great Fun 3 months in a row and asked them to discontinue this charge. Today I called my credit card. After being transferred to Great Fun I was again passed around to 3 "callers" (automatic operators), disconnected TWICE and I finally decided to write to Great Fun and see if that helped.

I want this charge stopped NOW and I want NO MORE CHARGES.

You may e-mail me back to let me know you got my e-mail and these charges will be stopped.

Marci Gunn
    phone: [protected] if you can't e-mail me.

• Ce
    CELIA SCOTT Aug 12, 2016

I was charged fraudulently $35.99! Beware all!

• Le
    Leo Aug 12, 2016

I signed up for the trial membership when I upgraded my classmates account to a Gold membership. Their company offered a $15 cash back rebate. I received my rebate in the mail yesterday and it was for $10 not $15 as they advertised. I called today to speak with a customer service representative to end my membership (since their advertisement was false). He said he was sending me the $15 right now but that my membership was staying active. I told him no. I am canceling the membership now and I want to know why I was sent $10 instead of the $15 they promised. He kept telling me if the membership stayed active I could enjoy the $15 and that he would even not charge me for next month. I still canceled my membership and am now out $5. I will never recommend their membership to everyone. I will be contacting the BBB. I will let everyone I know how I was lied to by their rebate offer. Great fun huh? I don't think so! More like great aggravation!

elizabettys Jul 28, 2016

Here's the info I have on Class Action:

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

• Li
    Livid Jul 28, 2016

TLG*GreatFun is part of Trilegiant, Inc. I also have fallen victim to their fraudulent practices and just noticed today that I have been being charged $14.99 per month since Sept '09. In August '09 my husband purchased airline tickets on Virgin America and shortly there after, the charges started. I just got the new statement today and asked him about it thinking it was something he had purchased. He thought I had purchased something and that's what they count on.

Google TLG Great Fun and Trilegiant...you'll be amazed. They have already been sued and have supposedly paid out over 40 MILLION dollars. Can you imagine...this is obviously a BILLION Dollar business and the current judgements are a drop in the bucket. Someone need to go to jail. One of the law firms who handled the big suit was Girard Gibbs LLP [protected] in San Francisco. You should be able to find them when you Google TRILEGIANT, I did. I e-mailed them this evening to see if there is any recourse. I've done a lot of reading tonight.

It appears that when you shop online, some vendors allow TRILEGIANT to inset pop-ups at the end of the transaction which lure you with a rebate of discount by clicking. I suspect that our credit card information is still active at this point and whether you click or not Trilegiant has access to that information without our authorization. I know that sometimes we are curious and click to see what's up and then upon reading what the offer is and deciding to decline, exit out thinking no harm done since I told them nothing. Well, that's not always the case I guess. Every time you transact business online you create COOKIES. Cookies are bits of information most likely including name, address and form of payment information that can be passed along to a third party.

I think the vendors who allow Trilegiant this pop-up power should be held just as liable for enabling these fraudulent practices. I, for one, will be corresponding with these vendors and demanding that these practices stop. I will also boycott those vendors who allow these pop-ups. In addition, credit card issuers will be contacted since many of them had joined with Trilegiant in the past in these practices. My State Legislator, Congressman, and Senators will also be copied on the correspondence.

There are too many people out there being taken advantage of. How dare they steal out money! It's stealing because they give us nothing for the money they take. Did you ever get any membership information? Did you ever have a chance to OPT-OUT? Did you ever give your permission? Look at how many resources are being wasted...our time, our money, credit card fraud dept time, etc., etc.

Please people, don't just get mad a gripe...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

• Ol
    Oldy Jul 28, 2016

I am so angry tlg keeps taking money from my account when I dont even know who the *** they are. I canceled my credit card got a new one and they still got it when I never used the new card. I am going to find out who they are and file a law suit sick of this ***. I have called their office and they said we wont take any money from you they even credited my account and still take money out this is gone on too long If there is anyone who can tell me who the heck they are i would really appreciate it as I am tired of them taking out money.

• Po
    poper Jul 13, 2016

My sister handles my affairs as I am over see's working for the army. I had paid all credit charges but this one I could not figure how it got there. My sister thought I had signed up for "something" which I never do, and when she called my credit unit they gave the company. Sis called someone she could now understand the language and the charges are to stop. I never received a brochure, note telling me of this service which is a scam. I want my money back from these scam artist, them put out of business and a scam alert be put out by the server they use, or the airline I travel with.

elizabettys Jun 16, 2016

PLEASE take action and call Freed & Weiss. They need to hear from you!

Class Action Information Follows:

Here's more information:

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: [protected], or toll free [protected]

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
    IdentitySecure,
    CardCops,
    PC SafetyPlus,
    and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL [protected] CT."

What can I do?

Contact Freed & Weiss immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

Read more: http://bit.ly/eLGQTh

• Fa
    familyof6 Jun 16, 2016

We were also just charged by this company. I found the first charge while it was pending. I called the company and explained that I expected repayment - it was not a request. I explained that we did not authorize this regardless of where they got our information. To be honest, the representative didn't sound at all surprised by my tone or the explaination. He simply said we would get a credit refund. Not trusting, because of all the other information I have read here, I also followed up with my bank who carries the account. They informed me that as soon as the transaction posted, they would dispute the charge.

I also gave the bank all the information I found here regarding the company and their tactics. Since they are very large, I am going to encourage them to share this with all their other branches, and to be on the look out for the company name appearing on accounts. I think proactively addressing this could be a huge benefit for the bank as a service provider.

The next step is going back to Columbia House who allegedly shared our information with the company to authorize the charge in the first place. If they in fact confirm, as I expect they will having read their name here quite a few times, that they gave our card information to this 3rd party company, we shall share with them how their actions have cause not only us, but many here, to doubt their integrity as a company. It is rapidly becoming obvious that the repeated company names on this site give insght into what companies you can no longer trust with your personal information.

Finally, this incident has me thinking that we may end up getting a prepaid credit card to use for online transactions only. With the economy in it's present state, it is not safe to trust the companies we once could. How sad is this!!

• Il
    ilovemikey03 Jun 16, 2016

My husband keeps great track of our account, and there was a $36 charge to our account. So we called out bank and they gave us the name of TLG Great Fun, and they gave us a phone number. My husband called this company up, the lady was really nice. The said that it was, because I joined Columbia House DVD website. I never bought anything online from that website, I had just heard about it and wanted to see what it was about. TLG claimed that we cashed a $10 check they sent us in the mail. That is complete BS we have a $17 check from Ford because my husband over paid on his car when we paid it off and we haven't cashed that. They have no proof that we cashed this $10 check they speak of. My husband told them he wanted his money back, and this "membership" we signed up for to be canceled. They lady offered him to extend his membership THREE TIMES before she finally listened to him. She gave him the Cancellation number, but a few minutes later he called back, to find out how they were going to give him our money back. If they don't do what we want we'll sue. This company is also knows as Trilegiant Corporation and have been sued many times.

• Ta
    tabrmc Jun 08, 2016

charges for 12.99 have been showing up on my checking acct. I never auth. these charges and know nothing about them. I called and they said they had no data on me, but if I would give them my credit card number they would "look it up"

This a scam and fraud.

• Pd
    pdixon1453 Jun 08, 2016

I checked my personal checking account this morning and found these outrageous $11.99 charges on it. I have never even heard of this company nor do recall giving anyone permission to take this money. I have reported to the Better Business Bureau, obtained a police report, and I am treating this as cyber theft. Great Fun will answer to the highest authority from my lawyer!

• Ig
    I gus Jun 08, 2016

I purchase tickets and a rental car through Hotwier back in March of 2009 and all of a sudden I noticed that I was being charged on my american express card which I had not used since then. They tried telling me that they send me information by email and by mail which i never received so I asked for a refund of the money and told them the charges were never approved. How can they get away with this? I wonder how many people dont even pay attention and loose money with this company. I hope they will refund me the money soon.

elizabettys Jun 08, 2016

Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

• Gs
    gsxr100x Jun 08, 2016

this is a scam.. i have never signed up with them and they are taking money out of my account. i don't even know how they got my info..

called federal trade commission [protected] and filed a compliant

i think all of you should to...

• Pr
    Pratik Patel Jun 08, 2016

I have complaint against greatfun.com they have charged me everymonth $11.99 without any instruction .. my last deduction is on dec 23, 2008.
    MC-TLG*GREATFN15786446DEC [protected]
    Posting Date: 12/23/2008
    Amount: $11.99
    Check Number:
    Confirmation Number: 1081-223D-0MDG-EXWX-2H

Please do something to cancel my direct debit or any next transaction from my account.. Please send me how to cancel this direct debit on my email address.. my email address is [email protected]
    Thanking you

• At
    atc2bsn Jun 08, 2016

After ording from Miles Kimball on line, I have been getting charged $12.99 from TLG Great Fun. After complaining they said they will cancel and refund the charges. I then e-mailed Miles Kimball and got an e-mail saying sorry but the promo was from Trilegiant Corp and to contact them.Needless to say Miles Kimball will be listed as spam on all e-mail from now on.

• Ha
    HanF59 Jun 08, 2016

My bank account had a charge of $14.99 this week from TLG*GreatFN5866. We thought it was from a scam my husband had gotten mixed up in a couple of months ago but had gotten canceled...we thought. He went to the bank to get this charge reversed and turns out they had used my check card number. How in the world they got it we have no idea. The bank called the company and they tried to explain to my husband how much he would get with their service...blah, blah, blah! He said "no way" and dont charge us anymore. The bank told us the company had done a fraudulent act by charging our accout after we had the service canceled. I'm very concerned about how they got my card number. I don't give it to just anybody and online only use reputable companies. Be careful and watch yor bank statement every month. These are very sneaky and unscrupluous people. I'm going to turn them into the BBB.

• Ca
    carolyn krieger Jun 08, 2016

I am another "victim" of this so called company. Can we all get together and file a class action suit against this company? I think it is outrageous that they can charge our credit cards without authorization. I found out they did it 13 times!!! If anyone is interested in trying a class action suit, we reallydo have a case.

• He
    Helga Jun 08, 2016

They stole my debit card number and I have no idea who these people are. I called my bank and they gave me a number [protected]. I'm calling first thing tomorrow morning and asking for my money back, they are already closed at 11:30pm. I am very upset and makes me more pissed off that I'm not the only one going through this. Why is this company still in business? What do we need to do to close these thieves down for good? I can't even cancel that transaction on my account because it's still pending. TLG Great Fun suck!!!

• Ra
    Ratcat Jun 07, 2016

I was searching for discount airline tickets through Hot Wire. Hot wire allowed me to search for discount coupons for cheaper tickets.

While searching the sight I did not realize I was signing for TLG Fun Pos to take $12.99 from my bank account every month.

• Ri
    rick Jun 07, 2016

My wife has been paying these SCAMMERS since last April without my knowledge. When my wife asked me who is TLG last week while going over our credit card bill. I told her I had no Idea who TLG was.
    We got out every statement going back to April of 2008. It started out with TLG " Great Fun". They were charging me $11.99 a month, then I noticed in June I was receiving 2 charges a month (each for $11.99 a month=$23.98. Then in Sept I was being charged 3 x's a month by TLG, each was $11.99 a month x 3 per month. When I called to dispute these charges I found out that TLG was three different names. One was TLG " GREAT FUN, then TLG " AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION", then TLG " COMPLETE HOME". If I hadn't have caught it after 10 months I'm sure another TLG subsiderary would have jumped in since no one was contesting these charges. I finally called all three subsideraries of TLG and cancelled the 3 different accounts but because I didn't contest them earlier I am stuck without anyway to get my past charges refunded, or my credit card credited.
    These SOB's have gotten away with Illegally charging me $528.00 total that I can't recover.

Sarah Namoski Jun 07, 2016

I would like yo know why in the world tlg has been charging my credit card since sept. when I booked a hotel. I want ALL of my money back with an explanation as to why this is happening. I see that I am not the only one this has happened to.

• Da
    Dania Jun 07, 2016

I ordered a merchandise online back in April 2008, eversince I have been monthly charge for a membership that I don't what it is and I never authorize to my credit card. I have called TLG a few occasion, and I have not been able to solve this issue. Today, I called them once again and told them that I already notified my credit card company of their illegal charges and they should stop. They promised today as they did before that they were going to stop. I want to go further and have these type companies disappair, they are a ripe off. I can only imagen what they can do to the elderly, who are not able to read they credit card statement every month.

• Sh
    shane keadle Jun 07, 2016

i had the exact thing happen to me just recently. im glad i read this complaint

• Je
    Jean Hanson Jun 07, 2016

My Capital one Credit Card has been charged with an unauthorized charge to TLG/Great Fun for $11.99.

When I contacted Capital One, the investigation department stated" this is Time/Warner "and they get their information from many sources and are charging under many assumed names, and will haunt you.

She told me I need to get a cancellation # from them at their 800 number and paste it on the wall...as I will be calling them repeatedly to keep them at bay....

When I said I would just close my credit card account, she said it has to have a "0" balance and they will keep charging your account to make sure they have a working #.....making it hard to keep a ) balance.

I have "reward miles" with this account and will loose them if I close it when I pay it off in full each month.

When I asked her where they get their info, she looked at my charges and I had just purchased from Magazines.com....and she said...yup...they are the culprits...they will sell all their information. I have used the company for years, but guess that will be done.
    Hope this helps someone else before you get caught...check your credit card statements monthly or more often...and it is those small amounts that you over look.

Jean in OK

• Sk
    skennedy55 Jun 07, 2016

not only have Iays to get my money back. found out that unauthorized money is being skimmed from my savings account, they now have big brass balls to take a measley.50 from my acct, for nsf and I was told it would take 10 business d

Janel Jun 07, 2016

I recently had 2 separate charges (unauthorized) by me, charged to my account. Each charge is for 12.99 and the only info listed was TLG great fun and TLG complete homeowner. the phone number appeared only after the charges moved from pending transactions to posted on my account on 11/29/08. I have tried to reach this company but only recieve a message stating the hours of operation, I will be disputing this as I have not authorized this company to charge my account nor have I done business with this company. I will be having my bank investigate this under their fraud department. After reading other peoples posted complaints on line, I am thinking that this is some how related to my recent online business with expedia for some travel arrangements, I ended up cancelling my reservation with expedia, I did get my money refunded to me minus a 25.00 cancellation fee, and then 7-10 business days later expedia deposited the remainder of my refund back to my account. This is so illeagal and it makes me sick

MadRick Jun 07, 2016

I am today starting the process of closing this account. What a time I am having with the computers updating???? Is this a scam???? I already called the credit card company and advised them not to accept charges from this service. Reading this board, I am glad that I am taking steps to cancel this account. Thank you all for your postings...

James M Boswell Jun 07, 2016

I recently received a "membership card" for Great Fun. Although it is true that I asked for it as part of a transaction with Trans Air airline, I was assured that I could cancel within 6o days (or was it 90 days?) with no questions asked. I looked up this company on the internet an found NUMEROUS complaints about them AS A MAJOR SCAM agency. The phone number supplied on my card, [protected] keeps hanging up on me. I have not yet been charged anything on my credit card, but I already want to cancel my membership MEMBER NO. 9563-[protected]. If I get a single charge on my credit card I will carry it to the credit card disputes department and have it removed immediately. TRANS AIR should reexamine whether they wish to allow this scam group to be part of their promotional material

• Hu
    HUSTLEMAN Zionmadison40 Sep 17, 2015

Four months and I haven't received the promised gift cards I played for.my contact number is [protected], my member number is [protected]

• Ti
    tiffd23 Sep 03, 2013

I recently bought concert tickets online on a real site. Tgl had a spot that said $25 mail in rebate for my ticket purchase. I called them up for it, they asked for me to confirm my credit card number. Said they would charge $1, and then $16 a month for memebership. Really he talked super fast. Made it sound like rewards for shopping online. I looked it up and they are scammers!! Solution: i went to the bank and had them blocked. So far i have not had any trouble.

• Te
    teyjanet2013 May 30, 2013

Rachel, call your bank & dispute it! They just charged me still even though I closed my account about almost a month ago.

• Me
    MelBS May 21, 2013

Latest victim! They took money from my checking acct!! I have never used them or even visited their website until now. Filing a complaint and fraud charges! Reporting to bbb. . . They need to be shut down!