Having problems with Great Fun?

6 High Ridge Park
Mail Address
P.O. Box 41248, Nashville, TN 37204-1248

Complaints & Reviews

fraud charges

Ok..so I am not good at checking my bank account or balancing a check book..I use mostly cash and keep a mental note of how much I spend when using my debit card. So tonite I am reviewing chargings on my debit card / bank account and find this Great Fun charge. I call them to inquire as to what kind of company this is and when did I establish a membership. The rep said that I have been a member since Dec 2008, remind you it's now May 2010 and they have been charging my card $11.99 every month..ughhh!!
I was able to cancel my membership and given a cancellation number and I will be contacting my bank in the morning.
This is obsurd!!

deceptive and fraudulent practices

I was enrolled in Trilegiant's Great Fun after signing up with truecredit.com to receive my credit report. I called Trilegiant to complain and cancel; the representative said that she would send me a refund check, but that I cannot cancel until I cash it. She assured me that the check would arrive shortly. Two more monthly subscription fees were posted to my credit card before I finally received this "refund." The refund was no refund at all; it was a check that, if I cashed it, would enroll me in another of Trilegiant's clubs: Health Saver.

I have created a petition to stop this company from operating again. Numerous law suits and actions have already been brought against Trilegiant, but Trilegiant continues its practices:

elizabettys Dec 07, 2010

Hope this helps. Contact Freed & Weiss right away!
    Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
    IdentitySecure,
    CardCops,
    PC SafetyPlus,
    and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.

unauthorized withdrawal from my american express card

There have been three charges to my American Express since January 28, 2010 for the same amount of $12.99...

unauthorized charge to my credit card

This company charged my credit card $159.99 which was totally unauthorized by me for some kind of warantee...

unauthorized withdrawals

I have a Bank of America credit card that has not been used for 8 months. I received a bill and saw I had a...

charge me $9.99 twice on my debit card

I was chrged twice by FYE on my debit card for the ammount of $9.99 and I have not been there in forever. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

fraudulent charge

I noticed a charge on my bank account for $139.99 to TLGBUYERSADV49, I called the bank and they gave me a phone number to call, [protected]. I called the number and talked to "Kim" who read me a prepared statement when I asked about the charge, every question I asked was met with a scripted response. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to "Joe", who proceded to tell me I had cashed a $8.00 check from Pedi-Paws on January 20, 2009 which activated a Buyers Advantage membership. I must admit I got kinda hot with him and he assured me he would issue a refund, I also asked for a copy of the check I alledgedly cashed, which he said he would send me and I should receive in 6-8 weeks. We have received these $8.00 checks from a number of sources and immediately shred them, but we did buy a Pedi-Paws unit - and returned it 24 hours after we got it because it was a piece of junk.

My main question is - has anyone taken action to sue people like Pedi-Paws for giving credit card information to a third party? Sounds like these guys are the main culprits and should be shut down along with Buyers Advantage.

Advice - we bought the Pedi-Paws unit using our debit card, which Pedi-Paws obviously shared with Buyers Advantage and enabled Buyers advantage to make the $139.99 charge to our account. Problem is that once that happens you can't stop it because they have their money immediately and you now have to go through a fraudulent charge process. If you buy online use a credit card where you can challenge the charge before paying the credit card bill. Our debit cards have been cancelled and we are awaiting new ones which I can assure you will never be used inline again.

• Io
    iowamill May 03, 2010

Iowa. The Mill.

This alleged Company, "TLG Buyers Advantage", did the same thing to us. We purchased a Pedi Paws, which we also discovered was of little value.

In the course of purchasing the item we apparently fell afoul of a scam company. We were billed on a credit card for a membership fee to this alleged company. We disputed the charge and closed that card.

A short time later this alleged company had somehow gained access to our checking account debit card number.

I called the alleged company and complained about the charges. I received one refund out of three charges they had made on our debit account.

I asked the male employee how they had gained access to our checking account number? I never received a reply.

I used our land line phone to contact the alleged company. After this call was made, we received never ending harrassment calls from the alleged company up to five calls a day.

We finally had our land line taken out.

Now, on 04-15-2010 this same fraudulent alleged company has once again billed $139.99 on my wife's credit card. We contacted that credit card company and filed a dispute on the charge today. We as well have blocked this alleged company from gaining access to this card and applying any charges to it for at least a year and a half.

I will contact my Bank tommorow to block access to our debit card.

I have also contacted our local law enforcement agency and filed a "fraudulent acts", charge against the alleged company. This company needs to be put out of business, and the people running it need to be in prison.

We all need to contact the state Attorneys General office in your own state, and file a fraud complaint through their consumer affairs division.

• In
    Inwha Apr 28, 2011

I have exactly same situation with the story above. I called them, and they told me to give a refund for a partial amount. I hope we can sue the company.

• Ed
    EdDIER Jul 31, 2014

TIGER DIRECT, is doing same thing BEWARE

YOU WILL SEE HOW TIGERDIRECT is selling your

credit card info to third parties BUNCH OF SCAMERS

• Co
    Complains1 May 02, 2018

This company got my information thru Expedia.com, they charge me a $1 for a free trial which I didn't approve and I call to make sure that they delete and cancel any membership. This was in November 2017, and today April 2018, 5 months later I notice I have a charge of $16.99!!out of the blue they charge me for something that I never want or agree to get, I call and the claim person in charge asked me to verify my account and told me that I have a membership?? How they still have all my info and charge me like that out of nothing, totally illegal, if I was a member they would have to bill me for 5 consecutive months, they said that they will refund me the charge "as a courtesy" that is totally incorrect because is not, since they never got the right to charge me and my biggest concern is that it looks that they store all the info and charge you in the future. SCAM!! TERRIBLE COMPANY! DISHONEST PLEASE BE AWARE WHEN YOU PURCHASE AIRLINE TICKETS AND DONT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO 3RD PARTIES.

unauthorized charges

I have been trying to get the charge for 12.99 montly off one of our company credit cards. <br />
<br />
Calling the 800 number now gets sex call company auto responder. No way to get to a person.<br />
<br />
How do we get a refund? This has been going on a long time.<br />
<br />
I would be happy to provide copies of our cc statements back as far as you can help us get a refund for, but not online. <br />
Charna Watts, Controller [protected]

• Je
    Jenny Loos Jul 08, 2011

The easiest way to stop this is to report you credit card stolen and have another one issued. I did and, of course, the charges stopped.

deceptive practices

Back in January of 09, I ordered flowers through 1-800-flowers. In doing so, somehow I also signed up for something called LiveWell. Since then they have been charging my account $38.99. I do not remember signing up for this, but they say I did. As far as I know, I have received nothing from them. I feel 1-800-Flowers has deceptively conned me and of course am helpless in getting them to return the money they stole.

elizabettys Jan 01, 2011

Anyone in this situation should call Freed & Weiss to join a building class action against the company behind this scam. (It's pretty easy, just call them and tell them your story).

Trilegiant is the company behind this abuse. They use bogus marketing tactics to get people to unknowingly sign up for memberships and then people are charged every month, again and again.

(Tactics include pop-up windows during checkout at another site, text messages with fake gift certificates, bogus checks in the mail, and automated recordings when you pay a bill via phone).

Call Freed & Weiss! Toll free: 866.799.9610. They need to hear from you so that they can move the class action forward and put a stop to this terrible customer abuse.

Email: [email protected]

still scamming

TLG Great Fun decided to help themselves to my account and take out $33.99 for I don't know what. When I called the number, they told me I had signed up for their services (I have not received services nor was offered any) when purchasing from Footsmart and I "OK'd" this offer. I told them that even if I had OK'd anything, I still did not give them my account information, nor did I authorize nor approve any payments to be made to them. Earlier this week I received an $11.99 charge from TLG CompHme. Upon calling them I got the same story. Well, needless to say, I will never purchase another product from Footsmart, even though their representative denies that this is a scam. So this is a lesson, don't look at solicitations and, especially, don't take them up on their " offers." They are only looking for your money. They want money for nothing. After giving the reps a hard time, I told them to get a real job because they were only working for a bunch of scammers.

• Fi
    firerocket Oct 11, 2010

I was just scammed by Footsmart. Do not buy anything form this site! I bought the AcuPoint Foot Massage appliance for a total of $284. The massager worked properly only 4 months! When I called Footsmart, they confirmed they were the manufacturers but unfortunately they did not offer a manufacturer's warranty! Only the 60 day return policy. So basically all the items they sell (including the most expensive equipment) are super expensive disposable items!

Their whole business is just a scam!

fraudulent charges

I noticed a chage of $159.99 on my last statement for my Chase Visa. I called the number on the statement for the vendor and asked what it was for. They told me that it was my annual fee for emergency car service. I said I had never ordered it. They insisted that I had signed up in 2007 by endorsing a check for $9.00. I said I would not have done that and insisted that they remove the charge. They offered me $80 in coupons for my utility bills. I said no, I just want a credit for the full amount they charged my Visa. They said they would credit me for $121, which was "prorated". I complained to CHASE and they said I could not file a dispute because this was one of their "third party vendors"! I asked Chase to advise me of any other charges from this vendor. I was told there was the same charge made in Dec. 2008.

A few days later, after I received the $121 credit, I called TLG and insisted on a full credit. They explained that it had been "prorated" - I insisted that I wanted a full refund because I never signed up for their service - I asked for a copy of the check I had supposedly endorsed. The sweet-voiced woman said "Yes, of course, we'll send that out to you at this address...let me transfer you to a supervisor." I then spoke with a man who asked me what I wanted, and I told him I wanted a full refund of the $159.99 not only for this year but for last year, because I never signed up for this. He said okay! You will receive a full refund for both years withing the next 2 weeks. So I will check back and make sure that happens.

I think the bottom line is that if they think you will make trouble for them, by going to the BBB or taking them to Small Claims Court (which was my plan) - they will give your money back just to silence you. After all, there are millions of other suckers out there that they are ripping off. They really should be stopped, but at least it's good to know you can get your money back if you are obnoxious enough!

• Li
    Livid Mar 16, 2010

La Patti,
    Have your received your refund yet? Wow, yours is a real rip-off! We somehow got the $14.99 per month since 09/09 for some sort of membership. Called them last week and was able to get 4 out of 6 months to be refunded. The remaining 2 months requires a written request...just another bull s_it annoyance if you know what I mean. Anyway, the night I spent reading about these scams...and there are numerous ones going on...I noticed an ad in the right margin from the law firm Shepherd, Finkelman, Miller & Shah offering information about Trilegiant. I emailed the law firm my story that night and received a reply a couple of days later asking me if I'd be interested in speaking to one of their attorneys. After researching the firm and finding them to be legit, I agreed to the call which happened today. I'm so glad I wrote them. These practices must be stopped once and for all. If everyone who has been scammed by these creeps got together I'm sure it would be a formidable group of very cranky victims.

For anyone who has not received COMPLETE resolution to any of these Trilegiant scams which involves about 14 entities, you have a friend in your corner. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain. Don't stop until you get every penny back they stole from you.

elizabettys Dec 14, 2010

Building Class Action Information:

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

• To
    tomtomtomtom Jan 24, 2012

These people are crooks. Similar situation to the guy above...$159.99 charged on my credit card for auto insurance and I don't even own a car! How they got my "authorization" is beyond me. Talked to the clowns and they assured me the charge would be removed. I repeat, TLG AUTO are CROOKS! Better Business Bureau will be hearing from me.

159.99 charge

Received credit card bill today and noticed charge for 159.99 from TLGID Secures. Do not know who these...

fee

I didn't authorize anyone to take money out of my account what the heck is going on here and how can they do this? I want it stopped. I notify my bank to stop payment today 2/12/2010 Take action . Rebecca Thurston

unauthorized transactions

For the past several months TLG shopper has been making unauthorized transactions out of my bank account( 2 a month at $12.99 each). I have tried several times to contact them to have this situation resolved to no avail. The transactions still continue in fact 2 new ones as of yesterday. I am at a lost and need advice what can I do? PLEASE HELP!!!

unarthurized charges

I have had a charge for the 139.00 on my debit card that was not authorized then when I called and complained they refunded only 125.37 and the very next day same company but by the name TLG*ShoppersAdv 4803 charged my debit card the whole amount of 139.99. After a complaint and threat to call the Bank they said they would only refund 125.37 on the first charge because I had it for a day on my card which was just an excuse. Now they have the next business day without authorization charged my debit card again for the full amount. I am filing a complaint as well with the BBB and posting a bunch of website hits on the company if I do not get my money the full amount refunded back to me including the 14.62 that I did not get the first time back. I am calling a lawyer and filing a suite against this company for wrongful unauthorized charges on my account. Sincerely
Collis wayne Frady...
[protected] cell: Attached below is the transactions and dates exactly as they show on my bank online statement.
01/26/2010 Purchase PURCHASE TLG*EVDAYGUEST4803 01/25 $139.99
02/02/2010 Purchase PURCHASE TLG*SHOPPERADV4803 02/01 $139.99
02/02/2010 Deposit REFUND TLG*EVDAYGUEST4803 02/02 $125.37

walmart gift cards

This isn't really a complaint . I was promised a forty or fifty dollar Walmart card when I started Great Fun.Well, I lost the information I was supposed to send in to get it. Could you please resend it to me? I've been a member long enough to get it. My e-mail address is [protected]@gmail.com. My name is Thomas Abbott. I live at 6588 Lake rd.apt. 6 Windsor, Wi. 53598. Please send it as soon as possible. Thank You, Most sincerely, Thomas Abbott

false charge

Have just receivd my bank statement and discovered the same charge from tlg*trvlady also. Have no idea what...

unauthorized charges

TGL*GREATFN is charging my debit card $11.99 evey month I dont know were I got this charge from but I just want it to stop!!! and I dont know how to go about it.

• Valerie Nov 15, 2008

Erroneous $11.99 credit charge on my Visa statement posted for Oct. 6, 2008. I was in Florida from Oct. 3 thru Oct. 11 and was not even connected to the internet. I don't know how they did it. My credit card company will make it right. I'll call them tomorrow.

• Vm
    VMH Feb 01, 2010

I just called 866-894-2861 and asked for a full refund for five months charges of $12.99. I was told that I had signed up through my purchase through Shoe.com. After I explained that I did not knowingly sign up, "Julia" stated that I will receive a full refund.

Good Luck.

didn't sign or ok anything

I was checking my credit statement out & notice that I had two charges for $11.99 from tlg*greatfn. I never heard of them and never sign up anything form that company. so i called my credit card company to explained what happen- they gave me the phone number to call them and get this straight out. So I got credit for two months at first. Then I went back for a yr. on my statements- I found out they have been charging me for over a yr- 11.99 a month. Now I have to write a letter to them to get the other 11 months credit-which come up to $131.89. Boy if that isn't a scam. I'm going to fight to the end to get that credit. I'm going to report them to the Better Buisness Bureau. They have to be stopped.

debit card activity

This morning 1/26/2010 i found a pending charge of 14.99 on my bank activity from my Debit Card. I did not authorize this, the bank told me to contact the merchant i called the number no-one would take my call. I have never been on this site Great Fun until i had to look into this problem. I have discovered its a scam and people all over not just United States are having a problem with these debit cards deduction. I have been told to close out my bank account and get a new one so i'm not a victim again to whatever information these people have accessed on me.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices