Grand Canyon Universityon line mba programs

It is not worth the tuition price . I know because I just finished my online MBA program at GCU. If you have a choice: avoid Grand Canyon University.
For the same or probably far less tuition you can attend an MBA at an accredited LOCAL school with accredited professors that are actually there to teach you. At GCU online instructors are basically there to correct you assignments. They make you work really hard but there is no one there to support or guide you through the academic learning (other than correcting APA formatting). This school cares little or nothing about their students beyond their tuition payments. The most communication you will ever have with school staff is part time work students who answer the telephones at the 1800 numbers given (FINANCIAL ADVISOR OR ACADEMIC ADVISOR). Most of them are never available and the good ones last for a few weeks only before they either leave or move on to other positions.
There Is NOWHERE in the entire school ONLINE WEBSITE that connects the student with ANYONE ELSE. If you have issues, complains or grievances you are on your own. It would seem that the most important aspect of the MBA program in GCU is APA formatting and writing style. Your knowledge of the various actual subjects is practically irrelevant so long as you have mastered these American Psychological Association writing rules.
Once you register at GCU you cannot switch schools because most online programs require you start from scratch (no credits transfer). My recommendations if you have the chance just stay away from Grand Canyon University before you live t regret it.

• Di
    Disappointed Scholar Dec 14, 2010

The only thing I have noticed is that indeed the instructor does not really give credit for or seem to care about the content of the paper. He merely goes by APA standards for techniques and whether the assignment is on time. There seems to be no empathy for family illness, computer problems generated from GCU, etc. Pray that they are not as bad as the other posts have stated. I am disinhearted by this semester as am barely passing and was a straight A student with an occassional B at other universities. In Phi Theta Kappa at one time.

Disappointed Scholar

• GCUStudentResolutions Dec 14, 2010

Hello Disappointed Scholar,

I'd be interested to hear more about your experience and address any concerns you have. Please contact me directly at robyn.[protected]@gcu.edu.

Thanks!
    Robyn Itule

Social Media Strategist
    robyn.[protected]@gcu.edu
    [protected]

• St
    StudentMom May 09, 2015

I have been attending GCU for two years now. I decided, after 3 long years at a community college, that because of my physical disabilities it would be in my best interest to transfer to an online college. I'm a single mom and disabled so I don't have a lot of time or the ability to attend a classroom setting. I did for a few years and it was really hard on my body and my mind. Now that I am 2 years into GCU I am starting to have my doubts about this college. My counselor has contradicted himself on many occasions, for instance, when I first enrolled at GCU I told him I am disabled and may need to take time off in order to have further spinal surgeries and procedures. I may need to take a month or two off in the future. He told me, "No problem." A year later, I needed time off for medical procedures and he made up every excuse in the book to not allow me to take the time I off I needed. I postponed my surgery due to fear of being over-charged for classes I wasn't taking. Now, another year later, I am in the same position. I must take the next 2 months off. I am fearful that my counselor will not approve even though he's had two years of notice and I was promised an LOA when needed. I tried to contact him for an entire week with no success. It's now the weekend before I am supposed to start a new class and I know I've been set up for failure. I've sent numerous emails documenting every phone call in anticipation of a fight. It shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't feel this way. I feel like GCU only wants my money. They want me enrolled at all times so they get PAID! Even if it means putting their students in a health predicament. I'm so sorry I ever started with GCU. I will return to this forum to let you all know how it went when I finally talk to my counselor this week (if I can get a hold of him). Wish me luck! PS - I totally agree that the teachers only care about APA formatting. I've written great papers with mistakes in the reference section and only got feedback on the negative. I have been self-taught the entire way... so sad. :(

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices