grammarly.commultiple charges after cancelling account

O

After using grammarly for a month, I decided it was not for me. I cancelled my account and expected for the company to fulfill their end of the bargan by not charging my account from that day forward. It has now been 3 months. Every month I have tried to contact this company and they have not called me back. They are still charging my card. After doing more reasearch on this company I have found that this is common practice for their company. I want to warn everyone to never go with Grammarly.com. Learn from the mistakes of everyone that has had the same problem and make sure that they do not get your money.

• Kimberly Joki Aug 01, 2011

Dear Grammarly User,

We apologise for any inconvenience you are experiencing and look forward to helping you resolve the payment issue you are having.

At Grammarly, we strive to resolve all customer complaints and concerns in a timely manner. Our 24/7 online support is the best way of getting an issue resolved quickly. Our phone support is secondary. While we aim to return all support calls, if we do not have a call back number in the call request, we cannot always return the calls. We encourage our users to first try to contact us via online support and, if phone support is needed, we'll be more than happy to give you a call and sort out your support query over the phone.

Regarding your particular issue, there are a number of reasons why you may continue having charges. It could be that you may have another account on file that has not been closed. Alternatively, there may have been a mistake when you cancelled your account. In either case, we are more than willing to help you close the account being charged and, if appropriate, to refund the payments drawn from your account.

I encourage you to please write to us at http://support.grammarly.com with your Grammarly account information and a brief explanation of the issue you are having. Your claim will be addressed within 24 hours

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at http://support.grammarly.com.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Joki
    Community Manager and Support Representative
    Grammarly.com & [protected]@edu
    www.grammarly.comg

Jamie Sasson Mar 13, 2018

@Kimberly Joki I have a charge of $600 for subscribing one month to you guys. Please seek my case, I have already written to your customer service and have gotten an answer I need my $600 refound ASAP

• Sh
    Shevan Saeed Mar 20, 2014

He is right. I am out 135 dollars thanks to these guys. This is a crime.

• Wx
    wxx Oct 30, 2014

yeah me too - am getting my bank to sort this. I am getting trading standards involved here. been debited full years subscription without authorisation..scary nasty company. fraud/theft.

• Da
    Danalit Dec 29, 2015

I am out close to 400 bucks this is a complete scam do not sign up for this company

• Aa
    AAKirchner Dec 05, 2017

I agree, closed my account last year, and they charged my account a few days ago for $139.95 with no warning or email.

• Aa
    AAKirchner Dec 09, 2017

@AAKirchner Customer service was fast to get in contact with me and took care of my complaint in a timely manner. I am now satisfied. Thank you grammerly!

AngieJol Dec 30, 2019

@AAKirchner How long did it take for them to reply?

• Mu
    Muge Cole Apr 09, 2018

They just charged my account without my authorization!!!

• Su
    Suki Smith Jun 30, 2018

Terrible company! To cancel, they give you a phone number, which sends you to a website, which requires you download and app... and on and on! So, after multiple attempts to cancel, I was also charged the yearly fee. Awaiting a refund. But steer clear of Grammerly (and any service that wants your credit card information!).

• Vi
    Vincent Zhou Nov 19, 2018

Same situation. What the [censored]. Sue this [censored]ing company, we want our money back!

• Am
    Ambria Fareed Jan 07, 2019

cancelled my subscription within a few working days. tried getting to customer support through my account, just didn't get access. emailed them on their customer support somehow. then made a new account and sent my query through that as well. waiting for a reply. hoping to get a refund. This thing sucks! feels like a scam! definitely going to ask people to stay away from it if i don't get my yearly payment back. $139 is no joke!

• Mo
    Mohamed Zanaty Mar 15, 2019

That happened to me today although I am sure I canceled my annual subscription last year. They charged 139 USD through PayPal. I have to cancel my PayPal account. This a real crime.

• Mo
    Monique Simon Apr 24, 2019

I purchase the annual plan in error! Tried and Tried to cancel the account. I never received a conformation. My card was charged. I tried to call the 800 number for assistances and that was a total complete waste of time. I want this charge off my card. I working with my credit card company. I wish I never used this site!!!