Complaints & Reviews

these people are claiming my business accounts

610301 We actually own Shelby County Flea Market www.shelbycountyfleamarket.net and www.simpsonvilleflemarket.com which redirects to the first. The .com wasn't available when we built...

Moving services

I am the owner of Roanoke Movers. Other companies are incorporating my company name into theirs. Whenever a search using "Roanoke Movers" the another company is listed in the search. Anyway of removing this?

This was similarly done on googles search engine where another company claimed my listing, make changes to phone number and added their website link...worse processed credit card payments using my company email address. Complaints were numerous demanding deposits back. We do not or have not accepted deposits before providing services.

Moving services

search engine

I did a search two days ago on Dyson hairdryers and the next day there was an ad from Dyson on Facebook in my news feed.
Yesterday I searched for ways to dispose of an old tube TV and this morning I got an unsolicited email from Junk-King.
Coincidence? I think not. I thought DuckDuckGo was different from Google and wouldn't track my searches or share that information. I am disappointed.

• Mi
    Miss Childsh Feb 20, 2020

Do you have a number we can contact you at? We'd like to explain the issue further and reach out to you with compensation.
    -GoDuckGo Customer Care
    Deb Stark

Duck Duck Goprivacy

You declaim your advocacy of Privacy, yet your Website recognises & blatantly acknowledges what Browser I am using suggesting that I add DDG to that specific platform I am on. HOW IS THAT "PRIVATE:?

MOREOVER: On this page:

DDG posts a invasive telephone search engine hosted by "BeenVerified": https://www.beenverified.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=BV_Display_Phone_CI&dclid=CIDxv7Kf3ecCFcEONwod9rsBPA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_u-nJ_d5wIV1kE3Ch0DKA0fEAEYASAAEgJx0_D_BwE

WHAT THE [censored] IS PRIVATE ABOUT ANY OF THIS?

You boast some goddamned children educational book online ostensibly educating children about ubiquitous surveillance, but host these breaches of privacy on your own website. NO—that does not "seem" contradictory & mendacious—it is.

[censored] your horse-[censored] prevarications. Private MY ASS!

Moreover, I can not remain anonymous. Your Pop-up requires me to "agree" to your cookies? [censored] Off.

& then you require me to LOG-IN with "Socials"? Man, you are full-of-[censored]! How about a punch in the face, instead?

Duck Duck Gosearch result

Hello my favorite notrackem search engine. Using "2020 primary" as search criteria there's not even a mention in the results listing for the 2020 Republican primary. How can that be, for impartial notrackem DuckDuckGo, when Democrats are prominently featured?

Moreover a search for President Trump prominently features an obvious hit piece by thoroughly biased Wikipedia. Maybe you can find some more balanced listings?

Thanks for letting me vent, hope someone actually reads it.

Regards
Art

search results are deleted immediately after display by duckduckgo

Dear DuckDuckGo Support Team, hello!
I request your technical support to clear following DDG anomaly:
Problem: As of a few days ago, DDG no longer correctly displays its search findings as it always used to. Well, it does, but they don't remain on-screen. Example: with search expression ‘Brexit' a summarised ‘quote' reference to Wikipedia is displayed (which is correct, because this is normally the case with Wikipedia entries), but this info box remains visible for only about one second, whereupon it disappears and so I then have no search result at all on the screen. The system also behaves this with other DDG search expressions.
System: Desktop Lenovo THINK-Tank; Windows 10; Office for 365; Firefox 72.0.2 (64-bit): for the past 12 months or so DuckDuckGo has served as my (excellent) default search engine (I confirm that the name is correctly displayed under Firefox options).
I hope that you can make a suggestion as to what could be causing this to happen and advise me what to do next. I am not a great expert on these things.
If you need any more information, I shall try to oblige.
Many thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

• Updated by grauny37 · Feb 08, 2020

No further comment.

link removal

There is a very defamatory link to a false profile on mylife.com that comes up when I type my name. The link itself gives false information about me.

I do not get the same results on google. I have deleted my profile on mylife.com yet the link still leads to a live page.
Why is this link shown in duckduckgo but not google and what can I do to have it removed?

your search engine

I like to keep a browser page open for quick access to your search engine. Now, if I click on the search box where DDG is my default search engine to re-open the page, I get a stupid message saying "Oops, no search Please try again". Can you provide a way to remove that?

I am now being told my message is too short: I do not know what else to say to get to 350 chs when I have already explained the issue.

• Sn
    SnDe Jan 30, 2020

Just add a whole bunch of punctuation to get the number of characters you need.

windows 10 ver. 1909, edge. or duckduckgo

In duckduckgo settings any setting that I change and save is reset when I close and reopen Edge.
I cannot find any help online with this problem, can you folks help me I am getting tired of having to go into settings and redoing it every time I open Edge. Yes, duckduckgo is my preferred search engine.

Now I find that if this, complaint / cry for help, is not 350 char or longer no one will notice it . Okay so I am letting you know that is is a real problem I cannot change settings in duckduckgo save those changed settings, the close Edge and reopen Edge duckduckgo is my preferred search engine and duckduckgo.com is my homepage choice also so when the homepage comes up and I enter in a new search and then select one of the choices I find that the new tab setting that I changed and saved earlier has been reset and the choice that I chose has opened in the original search page and in order to get back to the choice list I have to click the arrow.

• Updated by Safety Last · Jan 23, 2020

Fifth sentence of the post is a rambling on sentence. My apologies!
    The first use of the word "the" should have been the word "then."
    At the end of the sentence prior to the word "arrow" should have been the word "back."
    Errors occur when I fail to use a good word processor to test my posts prior to posting them.
    I beg your pardon for my errors and I still welcome a fix for my problem.
    Thank you.

how do you call yourself a search engine? i

I checked you out willing to make some sacrifice because I HATE! google. But there is no comparison. Google is half the search engine it use to be. But your not a search engine at all. If I ask for black you show me 10 pages of white. Then everything else but what I asked for. Just 5 min ago I asked for sites similar to you tube that is ad free or skips ads. Not one. Just dozens of you tube ads on how to use there bypass. Your either a joke or Google owns you.
Either way Im done!

search

I enter a specific search request "where in new zealand can I buy"grains of paradise" - so - I want to know where, in new zealand, I can buy grains of paradise.
I have specified - in new zealand!
Wtf does your search come up with?...
The first page contains not even one, solitary, single reference to new zealand!!!
The first item - ebay!
Is ebay in new zealand - is it hell!
More...
The twelfth item is mighty ape in nz - hooray!!!
Except they do not stock the product!
Need I go on???

I changed to your search engine in the hope it would be more objective than google and the other charlatans.
It is things like this that are totally ruining the same persons experience of the www.

internet search

Mine rather than a complain is a suggestion to get a more useful internet search. When you make a research with Google the results show the date of issue, at least for those blogs that allows to show the date. This I believe is an important info for the search, thus I'm wondering if wouldn't be possible to have the same in DuckDuckGo.
Attached is a screenshot with a page searched by Google.

internet search

advertised claims

Why do yu claim using ddgo does not allow dude-hits will not be followed around? That's not true. When I launch a search using duckduck as my 'home' icon) which I choose to override Bing--merchandise that I browsed five minutes ago, invariably shows up as dynamic pop-ads n every site I visit thereafrter! How do I avoid this chronic trend?

uk

Good day
When I enter a question to DuckDuckGo and the answers come up it very frequently says I am in Sweden. This is totally false as I am in the UK and it worries me that there is interference of some sort.
I also note that adverts /sites/replies sometimes come up in an eastern language/ Russian /Ukkranain or similar.
I had a report from Gmail some weeks ago that my email had an attempt from Ukraine. I changed pwords etc.
I sometimes read the UK daily mail and again Russian adverts or similar come in at the beginning. I only use Duck Duck Go to access sites and mainly on Opera with the VPN on.
Can you advise me please.

right to be forgotten ignoring of the law.

Why is DuckDuckGo not following the European Data Protection requirements of the Right to be Forgotten Law? You neither have a Form for filling in online or even any acknowledgment that Data Protection Law is applicable to you? Google alone have actioned over 2.4 Million removal requests and Yahoo with Bong also acknowledge the Right to be Forgotten legislation and action accordingly.

' shopping feature ' - predominated / saturated with amazon prime options - not a representative array of other sellers

Hi,
Notice this all too often - I search for an item ( looking for variety and a wide range of sellers ) using your engine and the ' shopping ' option ...but most often it is populated with Amazon / Amazon Prime products - I would say 85 % ...you try adding more results by clicking the + icon ...to find still more Amazon results .
This may pay your way, but illustrates the unfair influence of Amazon for both smaller online retailers and buyers seeking a fair representation of options out there . I personally prefer to avoid Amazon, for a number of reasons .
I have stopped using Google as a search engine, though note it returns very many more search results than duckduckgo . But it is a pity you are promoting freedom of browsing, yet are in the pocket of Amazon ?
Is how I see it .

Duck Duck Gosearch results

I really want to use you guys' search engine so I can spit in the faces of Google. When I search for something on Duck Duck Go, the results are terrible. For example, Google has their first result in big bold letters when you search for something like Ohio State vs. Wisconsin score. It's unmissable on their site and it's quick and convenient so you aren't having to search through URLs. Duck Duck Go doesn't do that and it makes it really hard to use you guys when you're not as user friendly and I'm sure their are tens of thousands of others that have this same frustration. Please fix it so I can remain a customer of yours.

Thanks

Tyler Hodge

• Da
    daboston Jan 12, 2020

I, too, wish to avoid the evil empires of Google and the Suckerburger, but I am becoming disillusioned by the search capacity of Duckduckgo. I live in Spain and the operating language of my computer is Spanish, but everything is slewed towards to US and English. What a shame that DDG cannot get beyond the cultural and economic imperialism which characterise the rest of the industry! Furthermore, I strongly suspect that it is in the pay of people like Amazon because it is almost impossible to use DDG to find useful information. Everything is about shopping, finance or tourism. SAD!

search engine bad listing

Duck Duck Go — search engine BAD LISTING

Charlotte Air Conditioning Repair | - Axolotl
[Search domain www.buy-axolotls.com] https://www.buy-axolotls.com
Buy-Axolotls.com is the World's Best "All Axolotl Website" The Axolotl care instructions are complete, easy to understand, accurate and will not endanger the Axolotl's life.

search engine bad listing

search engine

So I searched "womens rights in islam" and was immediately linked to a bunch of islamist apologia websites. Eight of the first ten pages listed. I was looking for an objective analysis, not a bunch of crap explain that women actually have it great in Islam and that all the evidence otherwise is just a bunch of evil islamaphobic propaganda.

Now, I'm pretty hard-left myself and agree that Islam is incredibly misunderstood in the West, but the first page of results was filled with almost nothing but proselytization pages written by Muslim telling everyone that they should convert, it's a problem.

[Resolved] duckduckgo and google

As you tell by the snap shot below ..when i do a search of Harry lee Denney of bethel ct this text pic in on google Search ( MAGAE ) when you press the text it links to Duckduckgo Complaint page, I contacted Google they said it is up to you to take off the link... Please take off this link

search Harry Lee Denney Of Bethel Ct on Google, then go to Images and it will look like the Screenshot below..click on Image and it sends you to the resolved Complaint with the same image in a screenshot...

Can you please take this link Off, I seen it today 11/5/19 I am Not on any Sex offenders List fed or State.. or can you Please delete the Whole screenshot

This is new is I don't know why it is showing only on google, I did try to get google to take it off or bock the text image, but there blaming you and said it's on your link ..
I don't understand why they just can put a block on it...

Thank you for you time is this, I really don't want to lose my Job ..

• Updated by H L Denney · Nov 06, 2019

One is gone, one is still up

• Updated by H L Denney · Jan 25, 2020

Did what I asked them to do and I have to say THANK YOU to Cust. server

• Resolution Statement

Image gone

image on google from duckduckgo (link should be gone)

show below in snap shot, this was resolved and all info for the matter deleled now it he text image is on google and linked to Duckduckgo, so can yo uplease delete or block this info . i am NOT on any sex offenders list...the info was never on google before and now it is ??? please take off this info...google said it was all on you and you need to delete the link and any inof form the Complaint

Harry

image on google from duckduckgo (link should be gone)

• Su
    Susie Carmen Nov 18, 2019

MyLife took “the page” down BUT this bad and erroneous info still comes up on duck duck go. I have never been arrested or been in trouble with the law. Please delete ASAP. I just called two reps from My Life. Said to contact you. Hope you can see last photo. First 2 were in dark mode on iPad.

• Su
    Susie Carmen Nov 18, 2019

Do I also somehow need to talk with GOOGLE to get this off the internet? It HAS to be illegal to have something like this on the net.

Google is committing treason letting chona into everything USA

I am never going to complain about duckduckgo, unless they link up with google. Google is offering your app through them and that will defeat the reason people want to use your browser. Google has allowed china full access to all the info they have stored on all of us now. 3000 pages of proof have been released through 2 whistle blowers and now the federal government is looking at charges of treason against them. I hope you can stop them from offering your browser download on their site. It will follow and store all our info and china will have all full access. I love your site and i really dispise the google apps. Thank you so much for all you do to protect all americans. I will never switch. Sincerely tours, marilyn j. Miller. [protected]@yahoo.com or. [protected]@comcast.net

I really don't have a complaint about DuckDuckGo. I just need some help. our bank said that we can't get into our account using DuckDuckGo.

look above. Also on facebook it had a banner saying that we need another search engine, because they wouldn't support much longer.
My name is Len Landrum and my email is [protected]@outlook.com My cell phone # is [protected]. We have our password and other info to access our account at our bank. Why is it that our local bank do online banking because we have duckduckgo. I'm completely happy with your service but we need to access our online account. If it will do any good we can provide the name of our local bank. thanks
Len Landrum

ddg contact.

We are trying to advance DDG to others but have a few questions we keep getting asked. IF could SPEAK to a DDG tech and Get answers we could add hundreds of new Users weekly!
Simple questions ... but without answers paranoia pops up and DDG loses another potential User!
Really a huge gap in DDG is the ability to get the public past the paranoia created by "other" systems that stomp all over our privacy and fair involvment.

Duck Duck Goyahoo

I've been using Duck Duck Go for some time now. For months, I used the Duck Duck Go search engine. About a month ago, I was unable to log onto Duck Duck Go on Saturday morning: when I typed an address into the bar at the top, it flipped to a screen that said something I copied, but can't find now. I tried using Yandex, but the same thing happened, and I was unable to log onto the Internet. I was able to do so using Google, but by the afternoon, Google was giving me the same message, and I couldn't log on there either. The next day I was able to get onto the Internet again, but when I typed anything into the search bar in the middle or the address bar at the top, it immediately flipped me to Yahoo. I hate Yahoo. I then understood that the problem on Saturday had been Yahoo taking control of my computer, hijacking it. I try to retype my queries insisting that Duck Duck Go, Yandex, or (last resort) Google handle it, and NOT Yahoo. Sometimes I can get around using Yahoo, but usually I can't.

I am going to hire a computer repairman to come to my house, difficult as it would be for me to pay him over a hundred dollars to disable Yahoo on my computer, but I'm going to do it if I can't get rid of it any other way. I saw online that Duck Duck Go has run into the arms of Yahoo as its default search engine. Why would you do that? How can I get rid of it? Thanks!

image search

When I attempt a search for white couples I dont receive images of "white" couples, when I do a search of black couples I get very few "black" couples. When I alter search to man + woman white or black couple then it I get couples that are not man and woman nor are they "shade" specific. This is very annoying! I'm trying to complete a project and all I want is a variety of opposite sex "same shade" images. It's weird that these images aren't readily available.

search engine

I'd expect this of Google, and Google in fact does this as well, but I would expect DuckDuckGo to be more objective. If you go into image search and type in "black couples" you get only images of black couples. If you type in "asian couples" you get only images of asian couples. If you type in "white couples" you get more interracial couples and families, plus gay couples (which you don't get with the first two searches), than you get white couples. This is plain manipulation of the search algorithms and DDG should do better!

• Da
    daboston Jan 12, 2020

Is DDG manipulating or is it in the pay of the big players and therefore bound to privilege American, commercial results, making it very difficult to use the search engine to access information which is not to do with finance, shopping or tourism? Does DDG have any sort of policy to justify its existence in other languages and other places when it seems simply to be a PR agent of US business interests?

a photo that came up in search engine.

I was looking for info on vitamins in breastmilk, whilst your feeding uour toddler. Clicked on images to see if there was a diagram. A pucture came up that was very disturbing. A...

Duck Duck Gosearch engine

I have an older version of windows. I have been using duck duck go for several years but now I cannot access aol mail with it. I expect this has been done deliberately by the owners of aol, but it's annoying not to be able to access my mail without using a different search engine each time. Any suggestions ? I tried to update Duck but updates only seem to be for a new version of Windows.
Thank you for your assistance !

• Ph
    Philip Vena Dec 06, 2019

Duck Duck Go — search engine BAD LISTING

Charlotte Air Conditioning Repair | - Axolotl
    [Search domain www.buy-axolotls.com] https://www.buy-axolotls.com

duckduckgo.comduckduckgo.com

My Website
www.WilliamHamnetWall.com HOME page AND ALL of its content is NOT being pulled up when I type in my webiste address. This is my second attempt to remedy this problem. Can you please respond by fixing this inadvertent censorship? Google seach engine has it right. Why not duckduckgo.com? Thank you for fixing this.

Love the idea of your search engine but it needs to display all appropriate content.

poor rita

Apparently images of the New Zealand artist Rita Angus are considered unsafe by the good duck. Thank you for protecting us from this dangerous Modernist artist. Her paintings of women wearing clothes are bound to upset some, as are her landscapes of without aeroplanes, cars and other necessities of modern life. She even had the gall to paint a woman smoking! May I also suggest you protect us from Picasso, Monet ...

[Resolved] DuckDuckGo / Instant Checkmate — illegal conduct

I see your website has my search info back you your search Engine, why I don't know, I am NOT on the state of Connecticut Sex Offenders List ( SOR ) the website...

search engine

I love the idea that there is an alternative to Google. What I don't love is the unusual results that come up when searching for something. For example, when I typed in the name of a company, DDG autofills the Twitter handle for that company...instead of the company's website?? I convinced my husband to use it instead of Google and he said the same, the search results don't make sense. Please update your algorithms if you want us to continue using you and spreading the word about you!

serp

Trying to find who is US Attorney General August 29 2019 with keyword 'us ag', brings up on right hand side of first SERP page former AG Jeff Sessions with picture, but Barr is nowehere to see?

Even Google do it correctly !!

Search is made of DuckDuckgo searc United States.

There's also in your image sears huge lack of relevant pictures, really often with no results at all !!

serp

duck and go web service

I just loaded duck and go, nd tried to make it my web browser, I also downloaded duck and go from my I phone. Also I do not think duck and go actually downloaded to my computer because I keep coming to page to downloas duck and go. My I phone is missing contacts etc this is an apple i phone. Yea every time I try to use you, it sucks. Either you are full of it or i just don't know. Your web site does not even look like a web site it is always asking me to download duck and go.
I am going to do some other things lik change cirus programs and
I might consider Duck and
Go but I must see better results than what i have seen.
Now I downloaded your app on Apple and my contaqcts are tottaly screwed up and they say my -password is wrong which I know it is not. All after downloading this wonderful duck and go. Same for tor also. I do not have time to play the configure game.

I would appreciate an e-mail at [protected]@gmail.com. I need to know i can trust this before I go changing e mails for more secure one and other things lik McAfee but what just happened to my apple I phine has never happened.
Hey you know what I think happened, I think you used me. If I found out I would do everything possible to hurt your company. I mean really download duck and go the safest browser on the web and my I phone [censored]s up for the first time. Yea i thik you lie, to be blunt. Sorry bout that. You hacked my [censored], [censored]. You are running scripts on my damn computer. You ought to be i in jail.

duckduckgo search engine

It has come to my attn that Duck Duck Go is sharing information with Google. I will as of today cease using this product. You state that you allow anonymous browsing but Google is the largest site for sharing information that there is on the web. I fine to be quite unusual that a complaing less than 350 characters is not receiving equal attention as one with less characters. There now there are 405.

unable to switch back

Now I am going to start by saying, I love DuckDuckGo, it is great and I love that you are fighting for the cause of social security. But, after using google for so many years, I feel like the DuckDuckGo browser is just too different. I can't get used to it even though I've been using it for about a month. I accidentally deleted google from the list of default browsers, and I've tried manually adding it back but when I do, the option to make default browser does not appear. I can't use bing or yahoo either. Those browsers are massivley different, with everything. The problem with DuckDuckGo is that the smaller more important things are different too. like the google translate feature. I need that for inter country discussions, and speaking to a few of my non english friends. I know that I can still use google as a browser by searching it, but that means I have to do it each time. Please get back to me soon, I use my chromebook very very often and it is really starting to bother me. If you are worried about my personal data being exposed, I can now afford a VPN so I will be fine. On other devices, I will coninue to use DuckDuckGo, but not on here. My email is (please bear with me, I am an intensly immature person) [protected]@gmail.com, and I will await your response.

"maps"

My business, "Blinds, etc." does not show up in your local "Maps" listings. You have merchants that are not even in my industry! All of my competition shows up- except me! I am...

strict safety search issues

When searching for images, I do my very best to keep the search key words as neutral as possible, and set the safety to strict - yet I still get inappropriate content at times, which really ticks. Me. Off. Especially knowing that some parents use strict safety searches for their kids, and said kids still stumbling on content they shouldn't be seeing anyway.

This has happened several times since I began using DuckDuckGo a few months ago. They need to be stricter over the image results, maybe have a living person (not another robot) review them to make sure they fit the strict safety search result requirements in case the algorithm missed something.

Seriously, though, I shouldn't be finding inappropriate images when researching a 100% clean video game like popular kid-friendly Nintendo games, or dresses from the Renaissance, as another complaint mentioned!

usps change of address

when searching for USPS change of address the top listing is Postaddresschanges.com this site mimics the USPS address change site and charges $39.95 for the service the Postal...