Menu
DuckDuckGo
reviews & complaints

DuckDuckGo
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

175 complaints
5 resolved 170 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DuckDuckGo. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:30 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - Browser

My Samsung LGG pad F 7.0 tablet was fully able to listen to clips at brighteon.com until yesterday. Now the clips get a large X when I try to play them and a message that "The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features that your device did not support." Another Samsung tablet and my iphone 7 have no problem playing the same clips. How can I fix this?

Desired outcome: Instructions how to fix problem

4:19 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - Search engine

There is a mugshot picture on a webpage that was deleted because of proof of innocence. Yet on duck duck go the mug shot picture still shows up here

This is defamation of character please remove it immediately.

Desired outcome: Delete the webpage from your platform.

E
11:02 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - Access denied to safe sites

Today I tried several times to access the Hollister Clothing site. They are my contacts. I keep getting Access denied on this server. What is going on? This has also happened on several other sites. The error message on those sites say IP add not found. I have accessed these site for years and suddenly, I can't. The latest with the Hollister co was today at 9:59 AM central time

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.hollisterco.com/shop/us?" on this server.

Reference #18.106adc17.1653058647.9e0e2d68

Desired outcome: I need to access what I want. I am a grownup

L
9:06 pm EDT

DuckDuckGo - Fake company on the search engine

Blossom Flowers Delivery from "CA" is a fake company that shows up when searching for flower delivery services. They took $90.84 from my bank account, never delivered flowers, have a fake email account and fake address. Their 877-414-7903 "customer service" number is fake. I have disputed charges with my bank and reported to the BBB - which won't matter as the company is not real. Please remove them from your search engine as they have a 85%+ ranking

Desired outcome: Class action lawsuit

10:03 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - Your search engine

I saw a comment on a Fox News article about Stacey Abrams. She is very outspoken about being proabortion. The comment said that Stacey Abrams had five abortions. I used your search engine to try to corroborate that. All I got was pro-Abrams articles. I did learn she is single. This is not the first time I have found many left leaning articles ahead of more centrist or fact based articles.

Desired outcome: Unbiased search engine

3:22 pm EDT

DuckDuckGo - demonitizing conservative sites

Myself and others have noticed that Duckduckgo is censoring... you promote yourselves as champions of privacy but are cleary not in favor of freedom! Noah Report is nowhere to be found when searched on your engine. They used to be number one with a query and now they're nowhere. When searched on Google, they are still number one, however, Google can't be trusted to not record someone's search habits, etc. Before long, there will be a legitimate search engine who will actually uphold our constitutional and God given rights to privacy and freedom of speech. Your search engine will become history.

P.S. By the looks of the feedback on this site, you don't respond to your customers either. That's a death nail in the corporate coffin.

Desired outcome: I want an explanation as to why you are censoring conservative speech and demand that Noah Report's search results be returned to normal.

4:00 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I entered a search on "Define Assault Weapon". The first and most prominent answer is not accurate. The definition is given in three bullets as follow. noun 1. An infantry weapon, such as an assault rifle, designed for individual use. This answer would benefit by the inclusion of the word military or similar condition around "infantry". Use of "assault...

E
1:59 pm EDT

DuckDuckGo - Duck Duck Go

April 2, 2022 10:30 am

I changed search engines to Duck Duck Go last year to get better privacy. Yesterday I was looking at sites for men's sandal recommendations and I also visited the site of a dermatologist to make an online appointment. Today in my Facebook feed I found ads for men's sandals and the Facebook page for the dermatologist I am using.

7:20 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - DuckDuckGo payments

3 or 4 times in recent weeks, transactions have failed at the payment stage. The first time it happened, I raised a dispute through the credit card company, which it turns out was tough on the seller, though things were resolved.

I’ve managed to make all the transactions using Safari, with no issue, so the indications are that DDG has a glitch.

Desired outcome: Resolve the payment blockage and do some marketing of that so we get confidence back.

B
10:42 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - search

I changed to duckduckgo to get unfiltered searches (that includes Russian propaganda). I don't want my searches filtered/censored/ordered based on politics or ideology. I might as well go back to Google and fight the 'disinformation' police there. Downranking Russia related sites started on March 9, 2022. I do not want my search results downranked based on ideology.

Desired outcome: Do not filter/censor/order searches based on politics or ideology.

View 0 more photos
2 comments
Apr 02, 2022 6:04 pm EDT

It would seem that I too, must ditch your product and move on to unfettered and uncensored grounds. 'BRAVE' seems the logical choice at this point. This chasing of the 1st Amendment is beginning to unravel my nerves. I would never have thought it so easy for any U.S. based company to simply toss aside that which provided their opportunity to exist in the 1st place. I'm kinda' liking the 'Go Woke; Go Broke' when it comes to this sort of poor citizenry on the part of a company. I guess we'll see ya on the flip side. Thanks for the ride, short as it was... Ron

Mar 30, 2022 2:28 am EDT

Exactly, I changed to DDG three years ago and have now changed to Brave. I will decide what to filter or not.

W
12:14 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - Last Chance

I came to Duck Duck Go specifically to escape the censorship of Google and Big Tech companies. I will give this a week or two for you to STOP injecting bias into your product. If you don’t reverse the down ranking of ANY sites, I will never use your products again. I mine as well go back to Google if this is where you take this.

I do not need an overlord deciding what is truth and what is propaganda. It is a slippery slope. It will be the reason you become irrelevant. Good luck. The clock is ticking.

Desired outcome: Reverse censorship decisions.

Jun 13, 2022 12:45 am EDT

I find your new typing layout very annoying. How can I retrieve your original one? Please help me, im too old (82) to be so annoyed! Thanks for your caring. Yours, Denis Cote @[protected]. Thanks again

G
5:35 pm EDT

DuckDuckGo - Fire button

I had many tabs open on my Android device and was switching back and forth between them. Unknowingly, I must've accidentally touched the fire button and lost all my research...which had been ongoing for several weeks.

Can you help me? If I were a criminal and the FBI wanted my search history, you'd be able to provide it, right?

Is there any way to recover those tabs?

Is there any way to remove the fire tab?

Desired outcome: Recover search history (tabs)

10:50 am EDT

DuckDuckGo - DuckDuckGo Censorship

I am extremely disappointed in your company's decision to control search information. This is not protection, this is violating the first amendment. I left Google for this same reason. DDG has had a massive increase in customers because we want to see all stories to make the correct decision. Knowing all sides of a story helps to make an informed decision. What's next, ending your claims of privacy? Be different. Be better. Don't give into the communism takeover.

Desired outcome: Reverse your decision to decide what is misinformation.

Mar 26, 2022 11:55 pm EDT

Wish people would learn the 1st amendment is about the government not private companies.

K
1:16 am EST

DuckDuckGo - DuckDuckGo Censorship of search results

I will no longer be using DuckDuckGo. If I want a search engine that takes sides politically by censoring its search engine results so that only one side of an issue shows up in its SERPs, I may as well go back to Google or Bing.

Besides the privacy issue, which we can get from other privacy search engines, one of the selling points of DuckDuckGo was its promise of unbiased results.

Today, it might be Ukraine. What will it be tomorrow?

Desired outcome: Get back to basics and quit following the censors.

Mar 30, 2022 2:29 am EDT

I agree, and have moved to Brave

11:49 pm EST

DuckDuckGo - duckduck go CEO

I want to make a complaint to the CEO. How dare he censor anything. despicable, I am telling everyone I know to ditch this outfit.

if you censor, you are probably selling info on each person as well... good grief, just another anti-American sell out, no patriotism, no common sense and sure wonder how much the ceo was paid to start censoring?

good bye and good riddance- also I see your little check the box and accept our so called privacy is more BS

3:29 pm EST

DuckDuckGo - DuckDuckGo

I am terribly disappointed in your company's decision to control search information by altering your algorithm to begin down ranking sources that promote Russian "misinformation." We don't need your "protection". We can make our own informed decisions about the validity of the information a search produces. This is nothing more than DDG putting it's finger on the scale of their search results. This calls into question your whole operation. With this type of Big Brother control, it especially casts doubt on your claims of privacy for users. If I wanted a search engine with this type of limitation, I would have stayed with google. Go woke... go broke.

Desired outcome: Restore the integrity of your product. Until then, I'll be using other resources for searches.

7:55 am EST

DuckDuckGo - duckduckgo

I joined Duck Duck go to stop the censorship of searches.

Now you, as an entity have begun "down grading" and weighing searches, which makes you NO BETTER THAN GOOGLE!

Censorship LEADS to misinformation when one group decides what is "information". In this case, Russia is doing the bidding of freedom in the world as they are fighting against the implementation of the great reset and the new world order.

Ukraine is a hotbed of corruption and their leader was placed in his position by the united states, he like Biden is a puppet.

You, as a corporation are betraying your original mission goal and literally are now, no better than google in my opinion for doing this.

People are adults and can process information without your help in deciding "which information they get to see". Again, this makes you no better than google and if I DON"T find that you have stopped this action, I will be deleting your service from my browser.

p.s. I'm not alone. for every email you get, there are probably 100,000 users NOT contacting you but have the same thoughts... actions like this could be the demise of your company in a soon-to-be free-again America.

Desired outcome: Stop weighing searches and get rid of algorithms.

Mar 28, 2022 10:39 am EDT

Agree 110%! ST0P CENS0RlNG!

N0 0NE is calling out how C0RRUPT Ukraine's so called 'leaders', especially Zalenskiyy! Ukraine's govt gave MlLLl0NS & MlLLl0NS $$$ to Ped0joe & spawn!

Lest not forget, Pres Z has damning info on Ped0joe's spawn. Maybe reason Ped0joe holding out 'Help' for Ukraine? Hoping it's destroyed.

p.s. Research vid of Pres Z & 2 other men,? #of yrs bk, in very, provocative, over sexual, dance vid. Possible music vid, though there was no sound. Very telling vid.

7:00 am EST

DuckDuckGo - Censorship

sad day. Who paid you to monitor and make decisions on what i can see and believe or not. DuckDuckgo has finally become the arm of the United States Government. Very Sad day. It is only down hill from here. I will not support any page that has DuckDuckgo advertise on it. I will uninstall any apps that support you. I am a well know speaker. I will be sure to talk how you are a government agent now. Telling me what I need to believe. Move along these aren't the droids you are looking for. Will echo in my head everytime I see your name. You crossed over to the darkside. You are communist DuckDuckgo

Desired outcome: Dont care to answer this.

10:04 pm EST

DuckDuckGo - censorship

We chose your company because you promised not only our privacy but no censorship. Today you let us down. Do you people actually believe WE don't know the difference in disinformation Russian or otherwise? You jumped down that rabbit hole with the insane! I am removing your product from my phones and my computers! People are not idiots ( well some are, but we know who they are and have no issue in saying so) but Im sick of people telling me what I can read or watch and what I can not!

Desired outcome: You know when trust is freely given and it's been broken how hard it would be to get it back? you should have had enough faith in those of us who believed in you, we are disappointed .

2 comments
Mar 12, 2022 6:52 am EST

Mar 12, 2022 5:44 am EST

I’m quitting, too. What gives you the right to censor information, you f*cking Nazis? The whole idea about the interest was the free flow of ideas, with users though intelligent enough to make their own decisions. In the Ukraine-US-Russia war, we have learned to not trust anything coming from Ukraine. When it turns out that a maternity and childrens hospital is a bioweapons lab, you have a problem. And it is especially a problem when the sources you allow are still peddling that garbage. So, I quit and I am going to make sure that I get at 100 more users to quit.

9:07 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

While I have loved DuckDuckGo to 5 minutes ago, I would urge them to tell the CIA or whoever has pressured them to edit free speech. Just give us the information, and let US decide with all the information we can gather decide our outcomes. We have already seen every Mainstream media mouthpiece tell us about what they want us to see happening in Ukraine...

DuckDuckGo contacts