GrammarlyI want my refund from grammarly.com

On 7/31/18, I signed up for Grammarly thinking that is was for $11.99 monthly charges, but I was charged $127.90, so the services were discontinued & the Grammarly software was promptly removed from my laptop.
I felt misled and violated by Grammarly because it was advertised that there would be monthly charges and NOT a whole year charge in advance. Whenever I made the purchase, I didn't receive a confirmation of the payment, NOR did I get a receipt. So, after a few hours had passed I went to my Chase account and saw that a WHOPPING $127.90 was deducted from my account I immediately notified Chase about my authorization for $11.99 monthly charge, and NOT the $127.90.

I have been trying to contact the Grammarly customer support in regards to getting a refund but I have not gotten a response.

RESOLVED

I contacted a Grammarly representative via email and I was refunded. Thankfully. 😅

• Mo
    Moccachino Channel Dec 10, 2020

I'm also going through the same problem now, and I immediately sent a refund request on their support page and contacted them through their emails. I hope that my case can also be resolved like @AngieJol too.

Shweta036 Nov 13, 2019

I'm also going through the same.. If anyone of you got refund please let me know how you got it..

• Da
    Danielle Taylor Oct 23, 2019

please help im also going through this and need help asap!!!

• Vy
    Vy La Oct 13, 2019

I was also misled with the annual plan, but thankfully I got a full refund. I just submitted a request with the reason that I was misled, and one of their agents responded in roughly 6-8 hours. Their policy said that their subscription is non-refundable, but the agent was nice enough to let me have a full refund. I was probably lucky since right after I bought the subscription, I immediately sent a request from their support page to refund it. It's probably the first 24hrs that they'll probably accept refunds.

AngieJol Dec 30, 2019

@Vy La How did you contact the agent? Was there an email you can use? Do you know the name of the agent???

AngieJol Dec 31, 2019

@AngieJol My issue has been resolved. It took about 8 hours to get a response from Grammarly's contact support page. One of the agents named Christine offered to change my annual subscription to the $29 monthly plan, giving me a partial refund of $110. It's not a full refund but it's definitely better than nothing.

• Pr
    Pryde Sheridan Oct 02, 2019

whats the email you used?

joshua puthran Sep 27, 2019

@[email protected] Jean Crabbe, I am facing the same problem here. I requested them to make a refund of the unused amount, however have not received a reply back. All follow-up tickets are closed without any feedback.

• As
    ashii16 Aug 29, 2019

which Grammarly representative did you contact? I would like to ask for the contact email, please.

Shin25 Sep 18, 2019

@ashii16 Hello. I’m in the same situation. Just wondering if sorted it already ?

• Rh
    Rheanna Jean Crabbe Apr 22, 2019

The same thing has happened to me. I have contacted my bank in hopes to get a waiver for my overdraft due to this scam.

Shin25 Sep 18, 2019

@Rheanna Jean Crabbe Hello, I’m just wondering they have refunded it or not . ?? They also scammed me

• Mo
    Mohamed Zanaty Mar 15, 2019

same here...139 USD have unfairly been charged

• Fi
    Fia Stephen Mar 05, 2019

Having the same issue please help

• Am
    Ambria Fareed Jan 07, 2019

I am going through the same problem. I have emailed them though. let's see what they reply!

• Je
    Jennifer Gomez Feb 26, 2019

@Ambria Fareed I'm having the same problem, did they refund you?

• Ro
    Ronesha Nov 25, 2018

I also am dealing with the exact situation as you are and it sucks. I thought I was paying for the 11.66/month, and not the $139. I thought the $139 was another option if you want to pay altogether. I just ordered a premium about an hour ago and I need this to resolve, as I am going to be a broke college student if I don't get a refund. I also have the same question as how long did it take for them to get back to you?

• Mi
    Minang Oct 31, 2018

can you please tell me how can you do that and how long does it take to refund? Thank you so much