[Resolved] GrammarlyI want my refund from grammarly.com

Sep 17, 2018

On 7/31/18, I signed up for Grammarly thinking that is was for $11.99 monthly charges, but I was charged $127.90, so the services were discontinued & the Grammarly software was promptly removed from my laptop.
I felt misled and violated by Grammarly because it was advertised that there would be monthly charges and NOT a whole year charge in advance. Whenever I made the purchase, I didn't receive a confirmation of the payment, NOR did I get a receipt. So, after a few hours had passed I went to my Chase account and saw that a WHOPPING $127.90 was deducted from my account I immediately notified Chase about my authorization for $11.99 monthly charge, and NOT the $127.90.

I have been trying to contact the Grammarly customer support in regards to getting a refund but I have not gotten a response.

RESOLVED

I contacted a Grammarly representative via email and I was refunded. Thankfully. 😅

• Mi
    Minang Oct 31, 2018

can you please tell me how can you do that and how long does it take to refund? Thank you so much

• Ro
    Ronesha Nov 25, 2018

I also am dealing with the exact situation as you are and it sucks. I thought I was paying for the 11.66/month, and not the $139. I thought the $139 was another option if you want to pay altogether. I just ordered a premium about an hour ago and I need this to resolve, as I am going to be a broke college student if I don't get a refund. I also have the same question as how long did it take for them to get back to you?

• Am
    Ambria Fareed Jan 07, 2019

I am going through the same problem. I have emailed them though. let's see what they reply!

• Je
    Jennifer Gomez Feb 26, 2019

@Ambria Fareed I'm having the same problem, did they refund you?

• Fi
    Fia Stephen Mar 05, 2019

Having the same issue please help

• Mo
    Mohamed Zanaty Mar 15, 2019

same here...139 USD have unfairly been charged

• Rh
    Rheanna Jean Crabbe Apr 22, 2019

The same thing has happened to me. I have contacted my bank in hopes to get a waiver for my overdraft due to this scam.

Shin25 Sep 18, 2019

@Rheanna Jean Crabbe Hello, I’m just wondering they have refunded it or not . ?? They also scammed me

• As
    ashii16 Aug 29, 2019

which Grammarly representative did you contact? I would like to ask for the contact email, please.

Shin25 Sep 18, 2019

@ashii16 Hello. I’m in the same situation. Just wondering if sorted it already ?

joshua puthran Sep 27, 2019

@[email protected] Jean Crabbe, I am facing the same problem here. I requested them to make a refund of the unused amount, however have not received a reply back. All follow-up tickets are closed without any feedback.

• Pr
    Pryde Sheridan Oct 02, 2019

whats the email you used?

• Vy
    Vy La Oct 13, 2019

I was also misled with the annual plan, but thankfully I got a full refund. I just submitted a request with the reason that I was misled, and one of their agents responded in roughly 6-8 hours. Their policy said that their subscription is non-refundable, but the agent was nice enough to let me have a full refund. I was probably lucky since right after I bought the subscription, I immediately sent a request from their support page to refund it. It's probably the first 24hrs that they'll probably accept refunds.

AngieJol Dec 30, 2019

@Vy La How did you contact the agent? Was there an email you can use? Do you know the name of the agent???

AngieJol Dec 31, 2019

@AngieJol My issue has been resolved. It took about 8 hours to get a response from Grammarly's contact support page. One of the agents named Christine offered to change my annual subscription to the $29 monthly plan, giving me a partial refund of $110. It's not a full refund but it's definitely better than nothing.

• Da
    Danielle Taylor Oct 23, 2019

please help im also going through this and need help asap!!!

Shweta036 Nov 13, 2019

I'm also going through the same.. If anyone of you got refund please let me know how you got it..

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices