Grammarly7 day trial scam

A

I signed up for the free 7 day trial and liked it very much. Then I paid for one year subscription and used my debit card. When I tried to download the softward, thankfully, my computer warned me that this software would destroy my computer. Now, my bank account is closed for my protection but what a hassle. Can't something be done to stop thieves like this? What a shame it's a scam as the program worked very well.

• Mr
    MrsLange Mar 17, 2011

I had problems with Grammarly as well. Not only did I not like the product they provided, I was extremely dissatified with their customer service. They charged my card despite my previous cancellation and removal of their product from my computer. It took me more than two weeks to get a refund that shouldn't have been charged in the first place. Then, Heather Smith, one of their representatives sent me an absolutley awful e-mail telling me I was not charged, but to expect a refund, and I had been communicated this already and to check my Spam folder, of which there was no e-mails for Grammarly reps. Not only was she incorrect in her assistance, she was plain rude; so rude infact, I saved her e-mails should Grammarly ever want to research their despicable customer service. I read reviews and hoped this wouldn't happen to me, but it did, and I will never use, nor recommend Grammarly to anyone. I regret not listening to customer complaints.

• Kimberly Joki Jan 26, 2011

Aggravated and Tired of Scams,

We apologise for the problems you have had using Grammarly. Serving over 500, 000 users and more every day, we strive to improve our customer support and deliver high-quality services. We want to help resolve the issues you're having. It seems to be a mistake that our software was recognised as dangerous by your computer. We aim to provide a great product and if there truly are issues with the download, we'll take great pains to remedy those problems. Also, if you do not wish to continue your account with us, we are happy to assist you in canceling your subscription. Our support specialist is Valerie, [email protected] She would be more than happy to help you to address any issues you are having.

Also, you can let us know how things are going via our Facebook page and Twitter.

Again, we're very sorry for the problems, and we look forward to helping you sort them out.

Regards,