Having problems with Grab?

Grab reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 18, 2016. The latest review File a complaint against a customer service from grab was posted on Sep 29, 2021. The latest complaint unethical behavior was resolved on Jul 13, 2017. Grab has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 529 reviews. Grab has resolved 1 complaints.

Grab Customer Service Contacts

+65 6570 3925 (Singapore)
+63 883 7100 (Philippines)
Mapletree Business Center, 1060 Nguyen Van Linh, Tan Phong Ward, District 7
Ho Chi Minh
Vietnam

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Grab Customer Service. Initial Grab complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Grab above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Grab. Discuss the issues you have had with Grab and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Grab Complaints & Reviews, Page 24

GrabCar / GrabTaxi — refuse to pick me and deliver me to my destination at san mateo rizal

i-complain konung driver n ayaw akong ihatid sa destination...pls see attach pictures for your...

GrabCar / GrabTaxiunauthorized debit card charges

April 25, 2017
Customer Name: Yel - [protected]
I am a loyal Grab Customer and even I can use a promo 50% off for using Grabpay, I did not use it so that the driver won't decline me accepting. I was supposed to be pick up in 4 minutes away, suddenly I saw that I was picked up without arriving of the driver and drop off already in few minutes, and need to rate the driver. May card was deducted the amount Php160 as easy as that. And the hassle that I need to booked again.
I am requesting for a return of my money and a disciplinary action for the driver so it won't happen again to others, it's like stealing money instantly and customers have to go through this hassle for a money back.
If u were able to check on your system all the records and time differences of what he did. Thank you

Driver Name: Edwin Lagura Damarillo
Plate Number: WIB 385
Type of Car: (as I remember, its an adventure)

Attached is a Screenshot and photo of the Driver.

unauthorized debit card charges

GrabCar / GrabTaxiservice

For the starting, I accident type that I want to reach at yio chu kang and I didn't double confirm (sorry). But this uncle want to find us we told him that we are at the school car park . He kept saying that he go round and round that he can't find us and we ask where r u. He didn't reply our message. When we got his car half way through to yio chu kang, I say sorry actually I want go cck mrt so he say i can but u need to let me see how much for the personal ride and it $17 he say that he can deduct us $4 for the yck mrt that ride when we reach cck mrt we pay him $13 he say nope, you must give me $17 dollar becuz I help u deduct but he didn't even deduct at all😠

service

GrabCar / GrabTaxigrabshare

I have this promo code "PISOSHARE" valid only today for first time grab share users, I used it to book a ride for my brother and told him that he is only to pay 1 peso because I will be using the promo. The promo did apply but my brother was told to by the driver that his fare is 93 pesos which is only supposedly 1 peso because I used the promo code. And when I checked my history, like the receipt, it showed "0 peso" which is why I am confused why the driver asked for a fare of "93 pesos".

My brother payed the driver in cash, is there any way could get our money back?

Thanks!

grabshare

GrabCar / GrabTaxiride

I have sent you guys about 4 emails with still no response. I put in my card details and was deduced 11 dollars on my ride to which the driver made me pay 11 cash too without me realizing he had already taken payment through card. I have asked you guys 4 times for a refund which doesn't seem to be getting through to your team.

On top of this, I keep being rewarded a 'grab7' reward which every time I try use I am apparently not eligible for.

I want a response asap

Jonathan.[protected]@yahoo.es

ride

GrabCar / GrabTaxidriver scams money from riders

Driver "I wayan Eka artha wijaya" license plate number "DK 1445 CM" in Bali, Indonesia scams riders in every way possible. He recommends you local food and takes you to those places on the way. Since he knows the owners he pretends they don't speak English and acts a translator and overcharges you by tripling the price. He makes a deal to be your driver but takes your deposit and disappears. DO NOT TRUST THIS DRIVER. He takes advantage of the app and will do anything to scam you. He will come to the place you stay and pretend to be your local tour guide and says it's better that he speaks Indonesian to make sure no one rips you off. Instead he tells you a ridiculous price and pockets the money. He will keep messaging you on your plans and ask what you are doing so that he can keep trying to be your guide and take your money. Do not let him drive you.

driver scams money from riders
          driver scams money from riders

GrabCar / GrabTaxipick up service

I would like to log a complain with my experience in the manila airport yesterday, I'm very disappointed with the booking I made yesterday, I booked a grab and waited for him, as I tracked him down i noticed he stopped at one point where is close to where I stand, I can't run or go to his place cos i have two heavy luggages, so I tried to call him, when he answered the phone he said that he already picked other passenger! Before he did pick that person he didn't even tried to call or message me that he already arrived at the meeting place! He asked me to cancel the bookings while he was so near my place where infact he can come back and pick me in my location. Here is his plate number and his name: Reynaldo Dela Cruz Alvarez Jr
            Mitsubishi Adventure blue, plate# NM7142.

pick up service

GrabCar / GrabTaxigrabcar driver

A grab car driver who is also a police informant, name muhammad nur adafi bin, with plate number wxd8917, perodua myvi.. He is a grab car driver at the same time h is also a police informant, every foreigner passenger he will make scare of them or threatening them specially those passengers don't have papers black or white foreigners he will victimize. He will call back up car to follow to his car while driving on the way, he will make a call to his co-police officers to convoy or follow his car, as if his passenger is like a criminal, and if the passenger will get afraid or scared of him or with them, he will take an advantage to the passenger that once he or she will not give money to the police driver of what they are demanding of how much, they will take him or her{the passenger} to the police station, because of no passport or papers, in this case the passenger has no choice, only is to forcely give money to them, to the grabcar police driver and to the back up police officers, in other words, they collect money to passengers who has no papers, they are like a robbery inside the grabcar. Such ashamed and embarrassing for them. People they always victimize and abusing, foreigners with out papers. It is too much already. I have been hearing many cases about this illegal operation anywhere, police are robbers. Sorry to say. This police grab car driver is located in puchong.

GrabCar / GrabTaxiI am complaining about the car fare

I just book a grab car today and location is in Paliparan Cavite. Our fare is about 607 pesos and the driver whose name is Ronwaldo Sobrevilla with a plate number MP 5241 stated that since its outside of Metro Manila the fare will be doubled? is this true? if yes, why is its not indicated in your app? you should inform your customers about the changes

GrabCar / GrabTaxicharging a regular fare instead of pisoshare promo

April 18, 2017 around 11:13am i booked grabshare for the first time, but I am an existing grab user. The details are as follows: pick up point at robinsons supermarker novaliches, destination: no.81 umbel street Quezon City, the grab driver successully pick me up and drop me off at my destination: I am expecting to pay 1 pesos, since you have an existing promo of PISOSHARE that was successfully accepted upon my booking. Unfortunately the driver told me before dropping me off that I need to pay PHP 246.00 according to his grab record. So instead of arguing I wasn't able to double check since he insisted that i need to pay that amount since it appears on his record that I need to settle 246.00 pesos.

While checking my grab app history of rides i found out that the fare indicated on that trip is ZERO and on upper left corner is a highlighted note PROMO. It means I successfully availed the promo. But the driver charge me 246.00 pesos. Why is that so???? How can I get my money back?

Is this a false advertisement?! Kindly settle this issue. I felt like i was cheated by grab car.

Please contact me at [protected]

GrabCar / GrabTaxibooked but when it's near he cancelled

We booked going to hospital for check up, we wait for about 17 mins according to grab apps estimated time, I tracked the driver and shows he is going nearer to our location but when he is almost coming to our location he cancelled it, estimated time in apps 1 min.. While we wait for another, after he cancelled he passed on us and aftr 3 mins he again passed on front of us... When we got a taxi, we saw him again...

He choosing a customer but why he accept to booked on us... We almost late to our doctor, luckily the doctor still in his clinic.

booked but when it's near he cancelled
                    booked but when it's near he cancelled

Respond

GrabCar / GrabTaxigrabcar/grabshare double debit (3rd time)

Hi Grab. We have been using Grab car and Grab Share for months now but for month, we have already encountered 3 double debit transactions on our debit account.

Transactions:
                      1) 3/13/17 Allhome - Infinity P71 Promo: Grabpay charged to Visa and MasterCard (Billing No.: IOS-[protected])
                      2) 4/6/17 Grabshare Infinity - Lourdes Drive (fare shown is P90.5) but P181 charged to Visa and MasterCard (Billing No.: IOS-[protected])
                      3) 4/10/17 Grab Lourdes Drive - Infinity P79.2 charged twice to Visa (Billing No.: ADR-[protected]-2-020)

Item#1 and Item#2 has the same scenario, Visa Debit card has encountered an error, so we changed the payment terms to MasterCard Debit however both has been debited.

for Item#3, Visa debit card has been debited twice for the same transaction.

We are seeking for your assistance to fix this and charge back. We have already reported this to your support email we did not received any response for the past month.

P.S You have a very unresponsive customer service, HOPE YOU FIX THAT TOO.

GrabCar / GrabTaxivisa payments: overcharged compared to invoices

Though I am generally happy with Grab services, I'm writing to dispute over two visa payments I made for Grab rides on 14 Mar ([protected]-2-021)and 25 Mar ([protected]-2-024). Billed $12.50 and $14.35 though the invoice amounts were $12 and $14 respectively.

I can produce records of the two rides and would appreciate it if Grab could refund the difference to my visa card accordingly.

Please feel free to contact me at [protected] for clarification. Thank you!

GrabCar / GrabTaxidriver wasted my $5 voucher by cancelling my trip

Hi

On 9th apr 2017, a grab driver cancelled my trip after i'd used my promo code. I can't remember the promo code exactly but it is basically for first time Grabcar user that is valid till 16 apr 2017. I only realised that he had wasted my promo code before i depart for my 4D3N on 13th apr 2017 when i engaged Grabcar again. I was back on the night of 16th apr 2017.

The details of the driver is as follow:
                          Kua Seng Leong
                          SLM4043P
                          HONDA VEZEL HYBRID

I hope that you will allow me to enjoy that $5 discount for my next ride without any expiry date.

Thank you!

Regards
                          Ivy Ong
                          [protected]

GrabCar / GrabTaxitransportation services

Driver's Name: Alvin Obalan Florendo
                            Car model: Mitsubishi Mirage (Red)
                            Plate no: NN5272
                            I canceled the booking because the driver does not respond to my messages via grab chatbox. The first driver has canceled my booking without informing me first he did the same thing as mr.florendo. After riding a puv, he sent a message to my mother saying that he's already at the location where he supposed to pick us up. My mom told him that the booking has been canceled. He immediately replied with a message saying "mahal po ang gas ngayon, buwisit kayo promise". This is a very unethical behavior. I saw it in my map that he was not even near kalayaan road before I canceled the booking. I'am a good customer of grab. I didn't expect this to happen. I'm hoping that this complaint will be addressed as soon as possible. I will also file a complaint to ltfrb. Attached below are the screenshots of our conversation. Since I cannot upload all of it due to the website error, I'm willing to send it if I have to, just inform me. Thank you.

transportation services
                            transportation services

Respond

GrabCar / GrabTaxi — I am complaining about the customer support and grab's e-receipt

Dear Sir/Madam, I am very disappointed with Grab's services and how Grab e-receipt. When I took Grab taxi...

GrabCar / GrabTaxidriver's unethical behavior

Drop Off: Solaris One Army Navy

Booking code
                              Adr-[protected]-2-027

Pick up location:
                              5, Domestic Road. Pasay, Metro Manila.

1. When he reassured himself if that was my phone number on Grab. And save it on his personal phone.

2. At first I thought it was just a casual talk when he started asking me personal info's. I even spouted where my place at- I was scared to death when he told me he wished he drive me home instead so that he knows where is my home.

3. When he started to asked me to go out with him for drinks!

4. When he had second thoughts on unlocking the door. I badly wanted to go out at the car.

5. When he keeps on bugging me on text messages and even calls.

This is my worst experience with Grabcar. I'm hoping your immediate response and action. Please help me. This is my 3rd time reporting this matter. I don't want him stalking me way home or harassing me messages. HELP.

-Riley Pipers

driver's unethical behavior
                              driver's unethical behavior

GrabCar / GrabTaxicustomer support and grab payment

Firstly i would like to comment on the grab customer support . I had called in [protected] numerous times for around 30 minutes from 0940hrs to 1010hrs and no one answer my call . All of this waiting time do accumulate up and charged into my handphone bill . And i believe your hotline is 24/7, how come no one is picking up the call?

Secondly this was not the first time such incident happened. I had booked the grab with a promo code and during the journey i still see the promo code. However when arrived at my destination and when charging into my account there isnt any promo or any deduction in my account. I had called in aleast 4 to 5 times for this issue and there was NO ACTION taken for it . Today i encounted the same issue again and hope grab can give me an explaination and investigate this incident once and for all .

Grablost of money

I book a justgrab on Friday 7 April. I was at James cook university and suddenly the wifi stopped so I couldn't see if one driver accepted me or not (i just saw one looking if he will accept or not). so i decided to take the MRT at aljunied. When I arrived at home I saw that my credit card has been debited of 8 dollars whereas I didn't take the grab. I am very hungry because the driver make as he dropped me at home whereas it is false!! I didn't take any car. So I really want me to be paid back because it is really unfair I have the proof (picture on grab and also on my DBS account). Thank you.
                                  Laura Buenavida

lost of money
                                  lost of money

Respond

GrabCar / GrabTaxilousy unprofessional cco, and payment system.

I called since last week to feedback on the grabpay issue when I was rushing to grab a car to work. The customer service officer told me there is nothing he can do but route my case to technical dept. I demanded my case to be route to customer service recovery. He understood but still no one call me back and nothing was done. The customer service office was so unhelpful. He promised to resolve the problem and get back to me, but no one did. When I called in today, after waiting for 7 min. It straightaway transfer me to the service rating and disconnected. The second attempt I called waited for about 8 min, the customer service officer was rude and he claimed can't hear me, putting me on hold, which I think he accidentally didn't put press the hold button, I can hear a group of guys laughing loudly and talking. Totally unprofessional and unacceptable . This is what the customer service officer is doing in the night shift?! Be sure I will will share this information to all the social media if I still don't hear any one taking my case seriously and call me back to update this matter. Apparently after supporting grab for so Long, it clearly shows that they are throwing generous promo codes but at the same time playing system trick to cheat us. Hiring a group of intellectual youngster to handle service recovery makes me doubt if the management do have any standard requirement when hiring CCO or they are just paying cheap part time labour for show?

1 Response
                                      • Pa
                                        Passenger1 May 07, 2017

I agree that Grab Taxi is pretty unprofessional.

They don't seem to take training of their drivers very seriously.

Drivers use the app as an easy way to find customers -- only to waste your time (and credit on your phone that you paid for) having you call or text them to ask if they're coming; ask when are they arriving; have them ask you where are you (even though you already input that on the app); asking you "how many persons"; asking if you would like to pay 100, 000 more than the app says.

It's a hassle. I don't usually even write comments like these but I think until more ppl begin to comment on this, the company will not improve its ways. It's a big hassle and something needs to change. The company should become much more professional to its customers and fair to its drivers -- including the communities where it operates.

Comments