Goodlife Fitness - Oakvilletheir word means nothing

B

I cancelled my membership, tried to do it by phone as I had a sister-in-law in the hospital with a life threatening disease and we spent every hour we could with her. I asked them to write down the names and cancel the accounts. I got the bs that they can't do it over the phone. I explained the circumstances and still no compassion. I finally went in to cancel in September. I specifically told the girl, I want all amounts paid up, I had put a stop payment on my account and I want no more monies owing to them. She told me the amount that would clean up everything. She said they will try a bank withdrawl and I would need to call to get the money back. I said that won't be a problem as I put a stop payment on the account.

They say I still owe September payment even though I was told nothing more will be due to the club. Their word means NOTHING. They are a lying bunch of money grubbing ###s. If I don't pay by the end of November, they are threatening collections.

Also, if they try to sell you circuit training, don;t buy it, a waste of time. I was told it doesn't do much for you, if you want to really get in shape go to a personal trainer and they will put you through worthwhile routines to help you properly get in shape.

All I can say about BadLife is stay away.

• Ra
    Ralph Currie Nov 07, 2008

I have no idea how they ever achieved a better business award. Their word does mean nothing. If there is a dispute with billing, they put you on to "Goodlife Experience". Well, its an experience alright. You receive the worst run around and nothing accomplished in handling your dispute / complaint. If you ask to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up, they will refuse you, saying that they are trained to deal with complaints and situations. I have never heard of such a thing from any other type of business or government. They cost more than most other gym memberships and provide the worst customer service possible.