Gmac Autorepossession

Received letter from GMAC on June 11, 2009 that stated they could reduce one or two of my payments on my lease. I called, got approved to skip two payments and was told I did not need to send another payment until August. So, that's what I did. Two days after making my August payment my car was repoed. After speaking with customer service I was informed that I was 80+ days late on my payment. Explained to cust. service about the letter that I had received. They said that they had no record of me ever being approved. Spoke with the gentleman who had approved me to skip two payments. He apologize admitted it was GMAC's fault and said that it had "slipped through the cracks". Well, I was without a car and my purse and had to miss work to get my car from the towing company. Had to end up paying for the two car payments that I was told I could skip plus all towing and storage fees. Needless to say, I am very upset. In addition my credit report now shows that I have a repossed vehicle even though I paid for and picked up my vehicle the very next day. Is there anything I can do to get this off of my credit? I can't wait to return my leased Cadillac on November 13th and will never use GMAC again.

Tiffany