Resolved Global Tel*link — Inmate phone calls not put through
My son was an inmate at the Greenville County Detention Center in Greenville, SC until 2/9/09. I set up an account with Global Tel*Link on 1/25/09 via their Advance Pay system on the Internet since the previous company (Paytel) was dropped by the jail. I paid them $34.50 and assumed everything was set.
The first time my son tried to call we were disconnected before we could speak. The following day I spoke with a Supervisor and through our conversation determined that the problem was solved and the account was active.
On February 3, 2009 I received a call from my son. On February 12th I received a letter from him saying he had been trying to call me since February 5th and the message he kept getting was "Collect calls are not permitted to this number." This should not have even been a collect call since I still had a credit of $16.34 on my account. I called GTL that day and they gave me some excuse that because the number he called on was a cell phone number and they don't guarantee calls to a cell phone might not be dropped. When I spoke to the Supervisor (Raquel) the day after I opened and paid for the account, she told me that calls to cell phones are rarely dropped and that my son could call me on our home phone too.
What is this company doing? You are at their mercy. Their customer service representatives stink! When they don't have an answer they put you on hold for 10-15 minutes to talk to a supervisor.
I hope you people will notify Mr. Jeffrey Haldinger, president of Alabama-based Global-Tel Link company to advise him of all the complaints about this company. I got his name from our local paper (The Stuart News) that had an article yesterday about collect calls coming from inmates in Port St. Lucie. Please see that the proper people are informed of this problem. Thank you
More Global Tel*link Complaints & Reviews
- Global Tel Link - I work at Global Tel Link
- Global Tel Link Prepaid Services - Customer Service
- Global Tel Link - Fraud and scam
- Global Tel Link - cell phone prepaid calls
- Global Tellink - Terrible service!
- Global Tel Link - Calls from jail house are not getting through to my house
- Global Tel Link Corporation - Connect Network and employees
- Globeltelelink - Unauthorised long distance chages
- Global Tel Link - CREDIT ON ACCOUNT NOT REFUNDED
- Global Tel Link - Global rip off!