Global Tel Link Corporation Logo

Global Tel Link Corporation

Having problems with Global Tel Link Corporation?

3120 Fairview Park Dr., Ste 300
Falls Church, Virginia
United States - 22042-4570

Complaints & Reviews

block on phone

my son is in london ohio correctional and until 130 pm july 31 i have been receiving collect calls from him...

block on communication

Our son says We put a block on Our phone so He has been unable to call Us.We did not authorize or request a...

billing dispute / customer service

it is hard to get to customer service to talk to a real person and when you do no one can help you. if it i...

No Customer Service/No Human Interaction

I have tried for five work days (Monday, 14-July-2017 thru Friday, 18-July-2017) to connect the Global Tellink Billing Department and have not received any call back from any representative to date.
I have placed calls daily, waiting for a representative to respond to my inquiries and no success. The toll-free number Global Tellink provides [protected]) will put you on hold for a maximum of 20-minutes then disconnect the call after informing that the caller's phone number would be put in the queue and to wait 2-hours for a representative to call back; this does not occur.
If a second or subsequent attempt to connect to Global Tellink is tried, the automated response will inform the caller that your number is already in the queue for a call-back and to wait the 2-hour time limit after which the call is automatically disconnected.
The customer service hours are Monday thru Saturday, 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM but when trying to call in the morning at 7:00 AM, the only response is from the automated response which informs the caller that all service representatives are busy and to please hold for the next available agent...this will result in the caller's number being placed in the call-back queue and the call being disconnected.

There is no actual phone number to call that does not have an automated response, as each toll-free number found results with the same effect of the caller's number being placed inthe call-back queue and the call being terminated.

After reading numerous other complaints for similar issues against Global Tellink, it appears that the FCC and Better Business Bureau need to seriously evaluate the business practices of Global Tellink.
An audit from the GAO (General Accounting Office) appears to be the next step as any business with this many complaints and non-responsiveness is probably having serious issues with their billing practices also.

Hopefully the numerous complaints will register into positive action by all the appropriate governmental oversight bureaus/agencies.

• Bl
    blasing Apr 09, 2009

Every time I attempt to contact Global Tel Link so that I can receive phone calls from an inmate I get an automated voice telling me that they are not able to accept my call because there are too many people on the line.

Finally my call was accepted. And I got another automated voice (yet again) telling me that I had to pay twenty five dollars on my credit card in order to speak with the inmate. Unfortunately I do not own a credit card.

So there is no way for me to talk to the person I love.

• Bl
    blessed anyway Feb 18, 2010

On February 18th, 2017 Global Tellink took $25.00 from my account with out my permission and now they won't return my phone calls or emails. This is ridiculous because they're already making too much money as is by overcharging for phone call. All I want is my money or my phone to be credited the right amount time so I can talk or give me my money back. If that doesn't happen than I will report them to the BBB.

block calls - no representative

on your bill and on the internet they state "our customer service representatives are available to our customers Monday through Friday 7:00am until midnight Eastern Time at [protected].

i do not get a live person. i have paid my bill in full. it is going over three months. my phone is blocked from getting calls. my phone company does not have a block on my phone. it is GTL. you've got your money take off the block. get off the automation and have a live rep.

i am going to the attorney general because this happens everytime. it happened with MCI and now it is happening with GTL.

my phone bill was under $40.00.

lacy Aug 23, 2008

• Go
    Gordon Oct 03, 2008

Hey I have the same problem. I actually got some resolution by calling the numbers on this web site.

Theft and ignorance!

This is the second time in 2 months that money has been "missing" off the payment my boyfried made. And hes not the only one in his facility that it happened to, all on the same night. They wont listen to him about it, and when I call them, they tell me they have no idea what Im talking about. that an inmate cant put money on their account, yet their web site has it all listed out!! what can we do to get the compensation we deserve? I work hard for the money i send him, and pay them plenty in their fees!!!

lacy Aug 23, 2008

I think that we should all go to our elected officials and complain about this horrible company. I'm personally tired of hearing that GTL will call me back within 2 hours, and that my phone number is in there automated call back system. I've tried to send money through western union and what to you know it has gotten lost. I was also given a fax # to fax my reciept 1-866-441-7285. It didn't work, it said it wasn't received. I think I'm going to start by calling my state representative and complain to him. Whatever he tells me to do next then I'll do. Hopefully if enough scammed customers complain something will be done. If anyone agrees please let me know.

• Ti
    Tiffany Oct 19, 2008

INMATE VOUCHERS:

FRIENDS AND FAMILY FRIENDLY OPTIONS - Prepaid vouchers can be sold via the facility commissary system. Therefore, inmate friends and family can deposit money into the commissary account for the purchase of prepaid vouchers.

LESS MANPOWER REQUIRED - A system administrator will not have to enter debit account deposit amounts at the workstation. By having the inmate "cash" the voucher, this responsibility is shifted to the inmate.

NO THIRD PARTY - The system runs on Global Tel Link´s platform with no third party involvement necessary. As a result, Global Tel*Link does not need to rely on a third party for any aspect of the program ­ including the printing of prepaid vouchers.

SECURITY - Prepaid vouchers can be thrown away after being cashed at an inmate phone. Unlike similar programs, inmates do not have to retain actual cards that can be stolen.

RECONCILIATION REPORTS - Since the prepaid voucher or debit method programs runs on the Global Tel*Link´s platform, LazerPhone® provides detailed, accurate reporting capabilities through the reconciliation reports to manage the Prepaid Debit and the KEEP IN TOUCH Prepaid Voucher programs. These types of reports can be printed via the facility LazerPhone® workstation.

This information came directly from their website...

Is there a possibility of your misunderstanding somethin? Because I am confused of your true issue.

And regarding the individual that western union payment was missing: What information did you provide on the Western Union form? GTL does service county facilities as well as state prisons, so the information provided on the form will determine which system the payment actually posts to.

• Lg
    LG Nov 04, 2008

For Tiffany I have paid with my debit card and they still said I did not pay After me looking at bank statements which showed they were paid is when they admitted to having a system problem on the day of payment. so if they loose payments through debits imagine western union or anyother payment method. bottom line they need to be shut down

• Mi
    mikreyk61 Jul 06, 2013

I have given $25 to accept calls from niece. I had one 7 minute call and now i am empty. They say $6.25 fee and $2.5 surcharge per call to accept and then .89 a minute. I have 2.80 left but not enough to accept a call! So they just keep it! Unearned!Thieves! that got a contract through bribes. This a license to steal and take advantage of a bad situation. I am certain when an investigation is complete, the people making the $ are guilty of bribery and the people that accepted are guilty of selling out their office. People should absolutely go to jail on this.

• Gt
    GTLSucks Feb 25, 2014

I have spent so much on phone calls with this terrible company. Even bought
    A phoe number through them which was suppose to help save me money in which
    It did not. I recommend getting a google voice # it is free!
    I have a $13 balance an.
    the system says i have insuffient funds to
    Accept the call. I called the company and a Ignorant agent by the name
    Of Peter advised me it maybe a "glitch" in their system ringing my phone!
    Therefore making it appear as the inmate has called many times. I was told i had
    To wait 24 hrs and here we are 24 hrs later and still the same. This is the second time.

Stealing

Global tel link has taken my money and done with it what they wish. I can never talk to customer service...

Poor service, lousy website, false advertisement

These people are the worst and they make MCI look like a 5 star hotel resort. Everytime you call you are...

Dishonest phone service

Fort Bend County Jail has reported that they do not cut off phone calls in progress, but rather have specific time periods that the phones are turned on for inmates to make collect calls and pre-paid calls to private phones. Most of the phone calls I have received from an inmate over the past (11) eleven days have ranged from 1-4 minutes and my party and I have been abruptly disconnected within that time frame. I spoke with a very nice representative of Globel Tel Link, Mobile, Alabama 6/10/08 (one representative of rare good service with this company) and she informed me of the rates per (15) minutes, (15) minutes being the time alloted for each phone call. Yet, we rarely were given the full (15) minutes talk time before being cut off, and it wasn't the County Jail who activated this. While 4-6 minutes of talk time costs almost as much as a full (15) minutes, we are not given the opportunities to talk the full time. This is theft by time.

• Ta
    TAY May 29, 2008

They took my money from my card. 25$ and set up the wrong account. Once I realized that my husband was still unable to call. I call them back and they tell me that I have to have 50$ on the account to activate it. I give them 25$ more dollars to activate the account. He is still unable to call. I call them back again oh and each time that I call the agents are rude and I am ALWAYS left on hold for a long time. So once I have the 50$ on the account my husband is still not able to call. I call Globel Tel Link AGAIN. This time I am told that the account was set up wrong again. So now I have had this account for about a week and my husband is still not able to get through. So I call Globel Tel Link AGAIN. This time I want to cancel the account and I get a different story each time that I call them. They told me that I could set up the correct account with the 50$ credit that I have on my account. I say "no" to that I want my money credited back to my Visa. I was told that it would take 30 days to get my money back on my VISA. I feel that they are scammers to get the money and it takes forever to get my money back on my card. Meanwhile I am still not able to speak to my husband. THIS PLACE SUCKS DON'T USE THEM!!!

Lance Monlux Jun 13, 2008

Globel Tel Link is the worst. They only stay in business by, sharing the savings they are obtaining by not employing a customer service work force, with the institutions they service. Please complain to your institution about this service, it stinks!

• Da
    Danie Oct 11, 2008

Globel Tel Link has the most horribly rude employees! I was speaking with a loved one in a facility in Spokane, Wa. We were cut off for the use of three way. I NEVER used three way! I was on a cell phone, with a bad signal. It took me hours to track down numbers to talk to customer service, and then they told me it was my fault for using three way. I am angry with this company and our govenment for contracting such a poorly operated business. My children, could do a better job!!! Globel Tel Link is a joke!

• paid the bill 8/05/09 my phone is still blocked as of 8/08/09.. my husband is upset we cant talk .. we need to talk... thank GOD i ws able to visit him today.. waiting for my phone to be put on... mrs gamble very upset

• zoloftn151 Aug 08, 2009

Maybe should pay your bill on time next billing cycle? I don't understand how this is a complaint? Its a weekend. Maybe waiting for a check to clear??

james p taylor May 27, 2010

BEWARE... this company is a rip off..they are quick to take your payments, but are to greedy to refund or transfer balances, they have lots of b.s. and no respect for you or your loved ones.stay away, write its cheaper .. i can"t believe this place is still allowed to operate and not in jail themselves...

• Me
    meikouna Jun 20, 2012

EVERYONE!!!... There appears to be a common theme of complaints regarding Globel-Tel across the globe. Perhaps everyone should join together and get a petition together to be filed with the FCC and also sent to all of your elected officials. GTL is governed by the FCC and even though those ### are all getting a kick back they still can't ignore their Constituents who have banned together to demand that GTL improve their services or get them the hell out. On top of that a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT should be considered where you demand they pay back all the monies they have stolen from friends and families of those who are forced to use their services because GTL has monopolize the Correctional Facility Phone Systems. Put all your energy into giving these Crooks a royal smack down. Additionally, the other scam they have going is if you use like say Google Voice to have access to a local number and forward that number to your phone, they are causing these calls to be dropped or have faulty connection. When you report it they act as though they are going to resolve or fix the problem but their scam is to keep this going until you get frustrated and have your love ones call your long distance number so they can now charge you for the those long distance calls. Don’t give into them……DEMAND that GTL be held responsible ….they are commenting a serious crime…. They the executives of GTL should all be held accountable and SERVE PRISON TIME FOR THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIONS…….

Strong arm tactics

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never been in trouble with the law and pay my bills on time. However Global tel link treats those who have a loved one in prison as if they are the one who can't be trusted. Guilt by association. After 2 months of receiving calls and paying my bill on time they put a block on my phone. First they told me I would just have to send them a copy of my phone bill showing the bill was in my name. That was a lie, after I sent them the bill I was told that I would have to pay them $100.00 in advance in order to take the block off my phone. Why, I was never late paying my phone bill in fact I paid it weeks before the due date. As for the post from the employee of Global tel link wanting me to thank him or her for providing a service, well THANKS FOR NOTHING!

• Da
    Dan Jul 26, 2008

Same problems as everyone else who has posted. They billed me twice on the same day. When I recieved my visa statement I called Global Tel immediately. They gave me a fax number and said to make it to the Attention of the Refund department. Well so far I have tried 4 different fax numbers to no avail. The numbers fail to connect. They also told me when I finally did talk to a human that they are showing I was only billed twice, while my Visa statement is saying 3 times. I needed to talk to my family member and as far as I know this was the only way available to us. What choice did I have. I am still on my mission to get this resolved, but like most others I don't have all day to wait around for them to decide to call me back. Good luck to everyone else in the same boat. another unhappy customer.

• Kb
    KBlake Aug 08, 2008

This is the absolute WORST system I have ever seen. The customer service is the worst. The charges are unbelievable. Your unable to change or update any information with the billing and that makes it impossible to talk to your loved ones in prison. I am willing to pay these ridiculous fees and they can't even help me when I want to spend my money to pay them- that's how twisted they are. Prison sucks and then to deal with these ###s on top of it is THE WORST! They are making SOOOO much money off these phone calls. Almost $5 a call and you can't even provide adequate service. GTL should have people 24/7 ready to take care of their customers. We are paying way too much for the WORST phone service in the country. GTL can suck my ###!

• Iw
    I WNT MY MONEY WORTH Jun 14, 2009

I do Agree with all of you's that are having trouble with GTL! Let me start with saying on top of the CSR being crappy u cant tlk to any one on the weekends WTF. I used to get billed straight through my local telphone company but they switch and GTL took over they give u a 100 dollar limit @ almost 4.00 a call I been having a reason to believe that they were charging me for calls that I wasn't having I would add money to my acct, talk to my love 1 twice then my phone will blocked again!!! HUH hw does that work ! There exscuse to me was ohhhhhh it takes 24hrs for the system to updated so the balance they give me might not be accurate? So I decided to wait a complete 48 hr without excepting any phone calls and long behold 11.00 was added on to my account Im beyond pissed and to top things off it's a saturday and I cant talk to any one about it! Hw the hell do i get my mney bck? all the times I freak out when my phone was blocked and just added mney on my acct! Just to make sure I could communicate with my love 1. It's not easy having some one that we love incarcerated and they treat us like crap rip us off I could only imagine hw many other times this happen to me and other people! I Would like to Knw WERE THE HELL R THEY LOCATED SO I COULD TAKE A TRip. M.S PISSED

• Dh
    Dharmendar Singh Nov 06, 2011

hi.. my name is dharmendar singh, , wants to know about the customer service number or a toll free number to register my complaint for Global tele link noida, , new delhi bcoz i have to recharge my account for further calling. plz anyone help me out of this problem...

Correctional billing

• Mi
    Mike Jun 04, 2008

Good luck trying to cancel service once you don't need it any more. A month ago we finally got to talk to a real person after an hour of trying to get through. We were told to fax our request to cancel and was given the fax number.

Well here it is a month later and guess what, still not cancelled!! We tried again to get them on the phone but after two hours of fustration (disconnects, waiting for a rep going through the automated system ect.) we gave up. I faxed a second request today and told them that my next step was the Alabama State Attorney General's office.

Maybe we'll get results. For anyone that may not have the faz number here it is:

1-866-441-7285

I work at Global Tel Link

I would like to start off by saying that i was very surprised to see this complaint site. As much as i see...

Check cashing

I dont understand how the DOC can continue to use this company with all of the complaints lodged against it, I had my phone blocked by GTL for a bill they said wasnt paid, I sent the check in April for that bill, they cashed the check through there bank in april and to date they are still showing I still owe the money I have spoken to seven different people trying to resolve my problem with no results, not to mention the hours I have spent on the phone just trying to speak to someone is the DOC paying any attention to the problems people are having with this company or they just dont care

• Je
    Jesus Christ . Aug 17, 2012

I do not know why these prisons are using GTL because they are like you said using people and getting over on them. This is a company who is suppose to help inmates to receive phone calls from love ones, but instead they are taking advantage of the inmates and family. I put money on the phone and if it runs out they are not suppose to allow phone calls to come throught. Well guess what they allow calls to come throught anyway because they want the money. Next thing I know I have a high phone bill. If I could check my account to see how much money I have on the account this would not happen. They do not care about us like I said they just want our money. I now go through a better company and I can check my balances on-line and if the amount is 2.00dollars or less they put a block on the phone until I send more money in. They need to drop GTL because they are not no good. For familys out there that have not talked with their son or daughter or husband and wife look this needs to stop now. Someone needs to protest against this company GTL. I had a friend who had a child close to her and she tried to set up account they told her that they could not set up the account because of her address, They said that people are using addresses so that they don't have to pay a high phone bill. Man oh Man is is unreal that a company will do this, it is not like they are getting free phone calls they still have to send money in for the account. What is wrong with this company she has a phone bill showing her address and they still refused. I thought this company is suppose to help the inmates receive calls. No they just want the money. I would never go back to GTL as long as I have a love one inside there. No wonder inmates are getting or trying to get cell phones into the prisons.

scam

i went to this site thinking it was a fast easy way to get a account set up for inmate to call and i got scam out my money. when i called the 1 800 # no one called me back and i will never use this site again

• In
    inmate84681 May 29, 2008

I have had it with this company! This company treats customers like they are hardin criminals, who dont deserve common curticy, and assistance. Do they not understand that the inmates have put us threw enough, and people on the outside are just trying to be suportive to there family and friend while they are being rehabed or possibley even in the prison system because they have been wrongly accused. Instead of being helpful to paying customers, they treat us like ### because they can. some prisons have no alternatives for phone call, leaving customers no alternatives to have contact with inmates. They know we have no choice but to use there service, so they know they are getting paid no matter how bad there company ethics are.

• Ro
    Roxie Howser Apr 26, 2011

Our grandson calls us collect several times a month and the facility he calls from uses Global Tel Link. We use AT&T for our long distance carrier and pay our bill monthly. Global Tel Link tells us their company policy is to bill the party directly when charges are $100 or more. Our phone company always accepts our payment. What is the deal here? They say their charges won't be any more than AT&T would charge. I doubt that or why are they insisting to bill us themselves? Or are they getting a cut somewhere along the line for heavy usage at the consumers expense or inconvenience of having to pay another bill? Someone should look into this.

Unauthorized charges!

Company charged me twice when i only made one transaction. The first time i called in the automated system said my card was declined when there was more than enough money in the bank then i called again and it said approved. Well it charged me twice then when i called cust svce about it the said they couldn't see where i was charged twice and said they were holding my funds when in actuality the money was drafted from my account. The second time i was charged out of the blue for a payment that i didn't even make then they tell you to fax over bank statement to a "somebody"that you cant even call. Rip off!

• Ka
    kasia426 May 21, 2008

The same thing happened to me on 4 occasions totaling $400.00. I am currently contacting the FCC and a lawyer to file suit for the money. I faxed my statement over to a supervisor named Mrs. Hendricks and never heard back. This was in april. I am sick of this ###. This company needs to be regulated!!!

• Ke
    Kelly Jul 07, 2008

I agree with all of the complaints that I had read on here. They got really bad service, people that work there got such bad attitudes, and they are very very very rude. I feel like I got scam so many times.

• Go
    Gordon Oct 03, 2008

Call the numbers on this web site. I got right through to corporate offices, skipped thier cheesey chustomer Service

I was not surprised to see all the complaints about Global Tel Link but I was surprised to see that many...

Double billing!

I have been dealing with Global Tel Link For a few months now and they are a total ripoff. they Constantly Bill me twice for the same phone calls. They bill me through their company and then bill me through my regular phone company which is Verizon. I am going in debt trying to pay both and they always act as though they do not know what is going on. Then there are constant blocks put on my phone and my finance can not get through. Who can you contact to get this stuff cleared up. This just does not make any sense!

• In
    Ingrid May 21, 2008

I do agree with you. The cost of the calls are more than calling overseas. There are 2 calls with a
    60 min total, the charges are $6.24. Where did they get payment of $132.60 and the bill is
    paid in full every month. This company is a complete rip off.

• Pa
    PAUL CLARK & KELLIE MILITE Jun 09, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH . I SPENT MANY HOURS TRYING TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE AS THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM CONTINUOUSLY RE-ROUTED MY CALLS TO A SERVICE THAT PROMISES TO RETURN YOUR CALLS AND NEVER DOES. THERE IS NO SUPERVISORS AVAILABLE TO SPEAK TO OR AN ALTERNATE SUPERIOR TO HELP RESOLVE ISSUES. I PAID MY BILL WITH A FRIEND'S CREDIT CARD. THEY WOULD NOT ACCEPT THE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT BUT, WITHDREW THE MONEY 3 TIMES FROM MY FRIENDS ACCOUNT CAUSING HIM A FINANCIAL HARDSHIP AS WELL AS BOUNCED CHECK FEE'S TOTALLING OVER $300.00. I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A $95.00 PYMNT. THE BANK SHOWS GLOBAL TEL LINK HAS WITHDRAWN THE MONEY. GTL SAYS THEY DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY AND THE BANK DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY THAT THE MONEY IS IN THE "AIR". IT IS AGAINST GTL'S POLICY TO USE SOMEONE ELSES CREDIT CARD BUT YET THEY STILL TOOK THE MONEY. THEY SAID IT COULD TAKE 7-10 DAYS TO GET THE MONEY RESTORED TO THE BANK. MY GTL PHONE ACCOUNT IS STILL SHOWING A NEGATIVE BALANCE AND HAS A BLOCK ON MY PHONE AND WE ARE OUT OF $300.00. I SEE A "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT" IN GTL'S FUTURE. ATTORNEY'S FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME. I AM IRATE!!!

CORRECTIONS BILLING

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH MCI/GLOBALT TEL LINK FOR AWHILE. THEY DO HAVE VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. MOST OF...

Global rip off!

Global Tel Link has blocked my home phone line even though my loved one buys pre paid phone cards from the jail and i have never had any type of an account with them. I have called the number they left and i always get a message saying that they can not answer my call right now due to an unusual high volume of calls, once i did get an option for them to call me back at my home number. I pushed 1 for yes, but i haven't heard from anybody yet. It's been 4 months since i last spoke to my loved one on the phone you can not have it both ways GTL i will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

• Ka
    Kathleen Franklin Mar 08, 2008

We need to come together as a group united to end this treatment of paying customers. please if you know of others let get together and do something. There has to be something. Write your attorney general, your state legislators and your local phone company to complain abou the service and the better business buearu.

The onloy way we are going to make them listen to us and stop treating us like animals because are loved ones are in prison is to expose them and put them under investigation. This is racketerring at its finest if you ask me!

• Kh
    kholt1968 Apr 12, 2008

They are liars and crooks!! I have sent a formal complaint to the FCC and the BBB. Please keep complaing loudly to anyone and everyone who will listen!!

• Vi
    Vincent Miller May 02, 2008

This company really stinks. They have not invoiced me in three months and have cut off service. It's impossible to get through to them, either on line or by phone -- and their fax line doesn't work either. The last time my inmate friend tried to call they asked me to refresh the amounts in my account by credit card but rejected two perfectly good cards on four different tries. It is obvious that these people have a captive audience, otherwise they wouldn't treat their customers with such contempt. The DOC should definitely cut these bums off and find a new provider. Would I deal with people like this in a non-captive market? Not a chance!

• Tr
    tray May 05, 2008

I agree with all your comments- I have had enough of Global Tel Link and their ignorance. I spoke to a n0n-english speaking "representative" today that told me the bill is sent out every month at the end of the month and payment is due on the 24th of the month- yet I was told today- May 5th -that the bill for this cycle has not yet been sent out- yet they still expect their payment on time. After 30 mins of round and round I asked to speak to a supervisor becuase they are telling me my payments are being received late( which is BS) and they have blocked my line AGAIN. I was told the administrative offices of GTL do not have a phone number- amazing!!! How do they conduct business without a phone??? I am sending a comlaint to the Commissions of NYS Dept of Corrections and the ATT. General. These people are rip off artists and they need to be stopped! They treat people who have loved ones that are incarcerated like ###- this is the real world- good people make mistakes in life- we are all human-that does not mean they should be treated like dogs! Don't stay silent people- GTL needs to be shut DOWN!!!

maria May 21, 2008

GTL sucks

• Ti
    Tiffany Oct 19, 2008

Global Tel Links billing cycle is from the 26th of one month until the 25th of another. So if you were calling about a call that was placed on May 5th, then it would NOT appear on whatever invoice that you were to have, it would appear on the next invoice. So the representative that you spoke with gave you the correct information. The billing cycle or billing period for all invoices that you recieve are visible on right at the top of the page!

It really is funny to me the ridiculousness of some of these complaints, this issue is VERY easily resolved by simply LOOKING AT THE INVOICE!!

The due date is also visible on your invoice, which is the 24th of each month. It also clearly states because I am looking at MY invoice as I"m writing this: that payments sent by mail can take 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS to post to your account, if the payment is not recieved by the 24th your line can/will be blocked for non-payment. If you make your payment through Western Union, to allow 4-48 hours for the payment to process and post.

In my personal experience the quickest and most effective way to actually post a payment is by using a credit card.

So this complaint that you state your are going to file is an absurb waste of time!!! the PUC, the FCC and the BBB have legitimate complaints to actually follow up on and yours is NOT since all of the information is provided to you in writing.

There are enough frivolous lawsuits pending without you adding one to the mix.

• Ar
    arvajw Apr 22, 2010

I am angered by the business practices of Global-Tel Link. I am even more angered by the monopoly this company has on the prison system in the United States. I am researching legal action. My name is Arva Whittaker, <[email protected]>. Something must be done; too many people are voicing the same complaints.

Terrible service!

I was not surprised to see all of the consumer complaints against Global TelLink. I have have many negative...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices