Global Crossing Local Services, IncUnsolicited phone calls

I keep getting phone calls from this company. My caller ID identifies them as "SUNROCKET DID" but a reverse look-up of the phone number leads me to Global Crossing Local Services in Chicago. When I answer the phone, they do not respond.

I have no relationship to this company. I am on the "Do Not Call" list so they should not be calling me. Their calls are aggravating. I am concerned that they are connected to some kind of burglary gang and they are checking to see if any one is home so, if we are not home, they can notify their accomplices and burglarize our house. I want these calls to stop!!

you can reach me at [protected]@comcast.net

• asylum23 Nov 29, 2018

These [censored]s have over a hundred different "locations" allowing them to spoof almost any local #. They are not actually in the locations, in fact they have been sued many times.

Here is their dba name: Global Crossing Telemanagement, Inc.

You can see that they have Yelp, Google, and BBB reviews, all negative. Want to sue them for 100% illegal calls, especially Robocalls? Go to your county courthouse and file in Small Claims, you don't need a lawyer, file for every single time that they have called your phone, I believe the amount is $500, plus Robocalls probably make the amount even more. Sue these a-holes! They "sell" all kinds of phony services, plus your state is after you, plus you will be put in jail, plus they eventually want you to send them Gift Cards!

• Tl
    Tlyna May 26, 2018

I got a couple of calls from [protected]. Most if them were hang ups but one was threatening me with jail. Not quite sure why as part of the message started before my voice mail picked up. Knowing any legitimate reason for such a threat would not have come in that manner I did a check on the number and it came up as Global Crossing Local Services-Boston, Massachusetts. Considering that they seem to have numerous phone numbers all over the country and are doing the same type of calls, someone should be shutting these scum down.

• De
    Deborah Sandahl Jul 13, 2017

I just received a call from [protected]. When I answered, no one spoke and they just hung up. After a Google search it came up GLOBAL CROSSING LOCAL SERVICES based in Minneapolis, MN. It seems they have different numbers for different States and have been doing this for at least 6 years now. Why can't anyone find out who they are and shut them down? I am also on the DO Not Call List and this has been happening way to much.

• Su
    surf2 May 29, 2017

I keep getting calls from a number I did not know and when I did a reverse look up it showed Global Crossing in Marietta, Ga. I don't know anything about this company, but I get two calls a day. I also got a new line on my cell phone and the day I activated it I got a call from this number. That's scary! But I can tell you if anyone from this company threatens me, or my family let them bring it on.

• Ho
    Hotflesh Feb 21, 2017

I got a call and it came up Global Crossing Local Services in Nashville, TN [protected] saying I won a trip but I only would have to pay $100 fee.

• Nu
    Nunya91 Jan 16, 2017

They called me from [protected] I called back and I said I had a missed call and the woman said uh huh we were expecting you and then out me on hold I hung up right away and blocked the number I don't even know what they wanted but from the looks of it I am glad I hung up the number also showed up as global when I searched google but shows a Kansas City number but they are actually located somewhere else. I hope they get these guys also especially if they are threatening everyone's family and saftey.

Comments

• Nu
    Nunya91 Jan 16, 2017

@Nunya91 Lee summit number typo and they put me on hold lol

• Ra
    Raven Lee Sep 20, 2016

The number this piece-of-crap company uses to harass me is [protected]. A Google search pulls up Global Crossing. When I try to follow the robot through the options, I end up with 24-7 Legal, who ends up connecting me with a law firm based on the zip-code I enter. I don't know how I got on their call list, but it's really getting ridiculous. A lot of these complaints are pretty old, so I don't know if it's the same entity that's harassing all these other people, but some agency should have some control over this crap.

• Sd
    sdkjfslkj Aug 14, 2016

Don't just contact the BBB. Please also file a complaint with the FCC. If everyone here files a complaint, the FCC may do something about it. https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/202916660-Unwanted-Telemarketing-Calls-and-the-National-Do-Not-Call-List

• St
    Steven Catface Jul 27, 2016

Got a text from [protected] asking me to fund a URL, whatever that means. The text came from somewhere in Illinois. Somehow they knew my name and street address. I figure it is a scam.

• Sh
    Sheridan1 Apr 24, 2016

Received a call from [protected] twice this morning at 3:45 a.m.. I did not answer either call because I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know and couldn't read the number fast enough without my glasses. A reverse look-up indicates this call was placed by Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. - PA. I am also on the No Call list - and receive numerous calls from other "unknown" and "private" numbers. My guess is that these are all scams trying to determine whether engaging the person answering might lead to a successful scam of sorts. If anyone has better info I would love to know about it.

Jae Edmondson Apr 12, 2016

cont. when they finally said hello theycasked for me by name and i told them that person wasnt here n they said they wld call bck nxt time um gone tell them to them to send me some info

Jae Edmondson Apr 12, 2016

I got a call also started yesterday and today and they never leave a msg and ts not an out of town number im a 507 they are a 763 numb thats about an hour away from me and when i called back they took 5 seconds to say hello

matthew tango Dec 14, 2015

I got the same call, I called the AT&T and find out that this call was from [protected] Global crossing local services. AT&T is Going to Report it and Block on their network. You all should call your service provider and ask them check the number on your incoming history and block it on their network.

• I have received numerous calls from these people at the number [protected] but I have never answered. I am so aggravated with these calls . It has been happening for a month now and I am really at my wits end trying to figure out what that person wants. When I googled the number I got Global Crossing Local Services Inc. They really need to stop and does anyone know of a way of stopping them?

• Ga
    Garm1 Jun 19, 2015

same here. I get calls through out the day, weekends included. The number is [protected] the recorded line says the woman calling is "Jennifer" when tracing the number it leads to Global Crossing Local Services Inc

• Us
    user905595 Jun 18, 2015

In Maryland, all collection callers must state that he/she is attempting to collect a debt. Tell the collector that you do not give personal info over the phone. Then tell any unknown caller that the call is being recorded. The caller, if not legitimate, will hangup immediately. If that does not work, tell the caller that you must get some information. Tell the caller that if the info is incorrect, you will contact the FCC to file a complaint. Tell the person that you will also file a complaint with the State's Attorney Office and the police. If the caller continues politely hang up. DO NOT ARGUE WITH THE CALLER. Then contact the authorities. However, don't expect a response. You simply want the intrusion to be a matter of record. Good luck!

• De
    Dell Jr. May 27, 2015

I have repeated calls on my cell. An Indian accented male insists on telling me I must give him information. He will not let me get a word in. I keep telling them not to call but they call me every week around the same time of day. Fast talking, urgency in the voice telling me I need to take immediate action. They have my name correct - which really concerns me.

• Za
    zaggs Jan 22, 2015

Got a call today from a Scott Barlow @ Imperial Management ( very mumbled by the way) and he stated I needed to deal with a matter in his office and that they have tried to contact me several times and that I have avoided their efforts.
    He said the famous line - you will need to contact my office by end of day today or you will be reported or dealt with Friday @ one o'clock on the dot Friday 1/23 in Rutherford county. He also called my parents and when I wasn't available asked for my Mom... interesting. He called me about 10 minutes before my cut-off time to contact him by 5 pm today - he said myself or my Lawyer should call to resolve this today and only today. He spoke really fast, like he was on speed - he did not state what this pertained to, who the collection company was or any really identifying info - just a lot of jumbled words and really no solid information. I have not received anything in the mail referencing this company, or allegations. I will see what I get on Friday @ 1:00pm. I am writing this so people do not think that they have to call these people back and give out credit cards or checking info or payments over the phone. debt is civil and you might get served with a court document that say's you have to pay and make an appearance - let them serve you, otherwise how do you know if it is real?????? I have been sued by a collection company and they usually do call you and let you know you are going to be served, and you almost always get something in the mail in " writing" these people are bullies, and everyone needs to read up on debt collection practices and rights.

This call may be real, but it sounded like total BS and a scam - do not give out personal sensitive info over the phone.
    I hope someone reads this and has gotten the same call and reports its, if they think this is a scam to - after all it is tax refund time, and it seems a little forced, with the " you must call back today or else"
    Caller: usa, GA

• Ds
    dsurdyke Jan 13, 2015

This number constantly calls both my cell phone AND my business line... and when I answer, there is no one there... SO frustrating!!

• Bh
    bhowell Oct 19, 2014

I also just got a call from this phone number [protected]) on my cell, which is a Google Voice number, and I have absolutely no idea what this is about. I did not pick up the call and it went straight to voice mail.

The woman on the phone left me a quick but URGENT message to call her back ASAP and she addressed me by my full name and everything. I must call her back immediately, she said, she had no time. And she referenced some weird account number, which I know nothing about.

I waited 20 minutes and called her back using a different phone from my Google Voice number. She answered the phone with a perfect American accent and perfect American English but I did not say a word and I hung up.

Still having no idea, I researched the number and found it's linked to a business in Marietta Georgia under the name Impurium Management LLC located at 3000 Windy Hill Road SE, Marietta GA 30067. I have no idea what sort of company this is or what they do.

Another number, [protected], is linked to Impurium Management LLC. Both numbers are with service provider Global Crossing Local Services Inc, GA, which is why I'm here.

Now, if this is a Google Voice thing, has anyone reported the problem to Google and if so, what was the outcome?

Thank you.

Dominick Theroux Sep 02, 2014

It is Google Voice. Nothing to do with GLOBAL CROSSING, they are only a service provider.

Dominick Theroux Sep 02, 2014

Hello Guys & Girls, GLOBAL CROSSING is just a nation wide provider of fiber optic and Voice over IP. They are NOT the ones calling you. I also received a call from "their" number but little they knew I am ex Military as a comm officer... anyway, diggin deep I found out this company provides VoIP for Google Voice (the google virtual number/VoIP number). So, whoever is calling you with threats/prank calls is just doing so via a) a computer with google voice b) a number masked by google voice. Global Crossing is just a fiber optic provider. good luck.

• Ly
    Lyndsay Dodd Jul 25, 2014

I have been receiving calls from this number for about 2 months now, I of course do not answer. [protected] AND [protected] both on my caller ID says J2Global Communications. I also have "Do not call", how do these companies get through?

• Ki
    KittyTayls Jun 21, 2014

I got a call from [protected]. A search listed the number as GLOBAL CROSSING LOCAL SERVICES INC, DENVER, CO. I declined the call because I didn't recognizes the number. They did not leave a message on voice-mail. I don't trust any business that doesn't have a legit enough reason to call that they wouldn't bother leaving a message. If it's important enough to call me about it should be important enough to leave me a message about. The comments here are frightening. Now I'm worried my personal identification information is in the hands of evil doers! Scary thought. I don't have any outstanding loans and my credit is awful because of my medical bills so I'm fairly confident no one would get very far trying to steal my identify and benefit from it by much, but I am scared about them doing something illegal and getting me into trouble. I'm not in Colorado anymore, I just kept a Colorado cell phone number, so I'm not worried about being burglarized like a few of you have mentioned being concerned about. Although I do wonder how my information was collected if they already have it? Someone that commented mentioned something about having a child with disabilities and others mentioned the callers knew about their children. This makes me wonder how many of you have filed with welfare or social security benefits? Maybe that's where they're getting their information on us from and that's how they know about our kids? I am disabled too and social security is the only place I can think of that would have all the information you've described the callers having. I know there have been instances where social security mailed out benefits information to the wrong people. This could be what has happened as a result. Maybe it's the government we need to be looking into a lawsuit against for not keeping our information secure? These callers are going to be near impossible to locate and are most likely not even in our country which would make suing or prosecuting them near impossible too, lest we can get them on terrorist threats, still we'd have to find them first. Let's find out who has leaked our information?

Margrett Hardin May 03, 2014

I am getting these called three and sometimes four times a day, when I try to answer they hang up. Look it up and it is Global Crossing Local. This is crazy I am on a no call list...don't know what to do.

dontbotherme Mar 23, 2014

some how people in prison use this. it is considered a landline and use a tele conference call BEWARE

Michigan prison system

• Ho
    hollyh Mar 13, 2014

My boyfriend got a call today that was from a private number, telling him he was approved for a grant and he had to call [protected] and ask for Erica Johnson. I told him it was b.s. so we called and it was the same lady who just called us. She said we had to pay 200.00 in taxes to get the grant. I said this is a scam, and she hung up. She also said the call was being monitored by the FBI. I googled the number and it gave me Global crossing services inc. And says its in Seattle.

• Ge
    Gennette Aug 20, 2013

I have received two calls from a number in California [protected]. They say the are looking for my sister. I have told them both times that I don't speak with sister and asked them to take me off of their calling list. They woman said she could and that my sister would have to call in. I have something for them! My husband used to be a collector and he knows that this is nothing but an collection agency. What these people are doing is ILLEGAL!! They are breaking federal laws! When you ask them not to call, they are supposed to stop and contact you by mail only. If do not owe them money, they are not to call you at all, if you have asked them not to. I am going to have my husband speak with these people and I bet when he's done, they will be taking my name off of their calling list. And if they don't, the name of that place is going to be called Gennette Crossing Local Services!!!

ChuckNinja Jul 25, 2013

I keep getting calls from [protected] and [protected]. It goes to Global Crossing Local Services Inc, which is a major scam of a collection company. They're essentially a bill collector that uses majorly unethical and borderline illegal tactics. In fact, they walk a very fine line of trying to pose as potential law/legal authorities even though they are most DEFINITELY NOT! They will attempt to intimidate people by using fear tactics saying they're 'chief investigators' working with local law enforcement and legal authorities -- and that an officer will come to your home or office to 'serve you' in person. They insinuate that it could be a 'criminal matter' in order to inflict fear into the people they're harassing. Do not give ANY information to these people. This company is a huge scam and is receiving major complaints to the Federal Trade Commission.

ann0yed Jul 15, 2013

I received two calls in a row from [protected]. "Investigator Butler" left a voicemail with my married and maiden name saying that my name was attached to a case that was criminal in nature and I something about detainment? I have no clue what he's talking about, I have no record whatsoever... total scam. These people can kiss my a**. How annoying.

• Cl
    Clyde D Camel Oct 31, 2012

Received a call from 281/609-0995. A Google search says this is from GLOBAL CROSSING LOCAL SERVICES, INC., Houston TX. What ever happened to the Do Not Call list?

• Ju
    justworking Sep 11, 2012

I am getting calls from [protected] which is linked to Global crossing but in the Dallas, TX area. I have answered the phone twice and then there is no response on the other end of the line. I no longer answer but I get calls up to 7 times a day from this number. I am on the National Do Not call Registry but this number has slipped through some how. - very frustrating

• Mz
    MzKentB.Rong Aug 07, 2012

They will call and call, especially if you answer or call back. Sometimes there's a person on the line (usually an Indian sounding male) and sometimes just silence. They'll call from many numbers, sometimes ones that look local, but a reverse lookup always links the number to Global Crossing which seems to be a defunct communication Co whose name was sold years ago. They harass and threaten people once in a while, and often try to bait personal information out of people. Sometimes even seem to have a lot of your personal info already, so likely some kind of scam or id theft attempt, something odd going on. Don't answer, don't call back. If they use the one number to harass you continuously, have it blocked. Your phone company can do it, and smartphones/iPhones have apps that, once you enter in the number, will catch the call just as it comes in and hang up immediately. No voicemail, nothing. The more you answer or call back, the more they'll call (and call). If you don't know the number calling just let it go to voicemail, anyone important will leave a message. Good luck! Don't let these jerks bully you! If anyone hears any other news on this please let me know.

• Co
    *CONCERNED FAMILY* Jul 30, 2012

I keep getting calls from this number - [protected] ot says that is Global Crossing when i look it up and it is linked to Chicago IL. They do not say anything when i answer. i feel like they are caling my family to check and see if my family and i are home to burglarize my home or harm my family. who are these people and how do we stop them !

• Re
    Reveng3 Jun 27, 2012

Same here. When I looked up the phone number [protected]) it says the carrier is Global Crossing but the number itself is from Mountain View, California. This guy has left messages on my phone and has called in the early hours of the morning (around 2-4 a.m.) He too speaks in some foreign language (although he seems to know some English). I finally used a free text messaging service online to tell him to stop calling, otherwise I would report him to the authorities. I also said that for every time he calls, I will produce a very loud noise into the phone, so unless he wishes to be def, I advised him to stop. He hasn't called since...but I will admit that I kind of want to harass him now just to piss him off (but I won't, since I am tired of dealing with him).

• I have been getting calls on my cell phone from different numbers, it is always a different one but sometimes they do use the same number. I have done everything that I possibly know of from yelling and screaming to cussing them out. It doesn't do any good. I have even went to as far as telling them when I answer the phone that I have contacted the sheriffs department and still no luck. I have however find that if you answer your phone with "thank you for calling the sheriff's department." they will either hang up right away, or after you explain what a sheriffs department is then they will tell you good night. It is very un-nerving and I have had all the calls I want to get from these people. It is time to take matters into my hands and follow through with contacting whoever I need to, to make the calls stop.

• La
    Laurel Martin May 14, 2011

I've gotten 2 calls so far. Usually I don't answer these calls but my husband thought it might be important. When they called another time they barely spoke english and couldn't say my name correctly. I've registered with DNC list so if there are calls after this month I'm gonna sue them and see how they like that UNSOLISITED CALL.

• Bl
    blkcasper May 09, 2011

I JUST GOT THE SAME CALL FROM THIS EAST INDIAN GUY WHO SAID I OWE MONEY ABOUT A LOAN THAT I NEVER RECIEVE AND HE CURSS ME OUT WHAT CAN I DO

charice in Lodi May 02, 2011

For some reason this company is harrassing people.Is there anything we can do? They call here constantly.

charice in Lodi May 02, 2011

They keep calling and calling.Sounds like some east indian guy.He does actully seem to be feeding off peoples frustrations.Seems sensless.When I told him we are on the" do not call list", he said he did'nt know what that was.When I told him we work at night and he is waking us he laughed and said they would continue calling, and they have.Class action suit or any type of legal retaliation...count me in too!