EmbarqFraud and cheating

About a year ago I received my phone bill from Embarq that included third party charges from OAN Services, Inc... Even though I had never even heard of OAN, Embarq expected for me to pay the entire bill including these totally unauthorized charges & then contact OAN if I thought that I was entitled to a refund. I contacted OAN & told them that I absolutely had not requested their services & I demanded that they refund my money & never try to bill me again.

On my next phone bill they credited what they had charged me from my new balance. Naturally I thought that it was over & that they would surely not try to bill me again. Wrong! For the last four months they have done exactly the same thing. This company & all of the telephone companies who go along with this scam needs to be exposed & prosecuted.

• Ce
    CenturyLinkJoey Dec 05, 2008

Steven,

My name is Joey and I work for Embarq Reach Out. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Embarq service. Can I help? Send me an email at [protected]@embarq.com and I'll gladly assist.

You can find me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Embarq_Joey to verify my identity.

Joey

Jon Mulford Mar 03, 2009

I have had a very similar experience with Embarq. I had noticed an increase in spam emails through my Embarq DSL line, followed by a new section of the Embarq monthly bill labeled "Third Party Providers" serviced by something called ESBI, and a charge of $14.95 per month on behalf of EMAILDISCOUNTS.COM. This is a monthly charge for their "service" of emailing you about 25 spam solicitations per day. I complained to Embarq and they simply refused to take any responsibility whatever, saying that they were "required" to bill me the amount requested by EMAILDISCOUNTS.COM. After some discussion the Embarq customer service person conceded that they should have contacted me to see if this was an authorized transaction, but Embarq still declined to take any action to remove the charge from my bill. Needless to say, I am arranging for substitute internet service from a different company (and also terminating my Embarq landline and going exclusively cell phone).

• Fo
    footie423 Apr 28, 2009

I too have a charge on my Embarq phone bill from EMAILDISCOUNTS.COM and I called the [protected] number and the lady said that she would cancel my account. I hope that she does.

• Se
    sedos Jun 02, 2009

I had the same problem. They try to charge 2 times for the same amount.I amsick and tired of this company.

• Se
    sedos Jun 02, 2009

I had the same problem with Embarq. They charge the same amount for 2 times. They don't update their information. So if I wasn't aware of the double charges, they would collect my money. They can make million from unfair charges.