Having problems with Gilt?

Gilt Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Gilt Customer Service. Initial Gilt complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Gilt above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Gilt. Discuss the issues you have had with Gilt and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Gilt Complaints & Reviews

Oct 02, 2019

Gilt — fraud web

I have bought some items on 29/8/2019. Now is the 3/10/2019. My order is #[protected]. I have shopped total...

Giltrefund - unresolved est.9/11/18

I am beyond annoyed and am now infuriated with how my return process has been with gilt. I have spent 4+ hours on the phone holding and waiting and explaining my situation - albeit the customer service technicians are nice and pleasant and empathetic, their inability to solve problems makes me question their incident management. I have emailed countless times with the same responses... all resulting in no outcome or resolution. I found a watch online but the description was vague so I called to get additional specifications but the CSR didn't have the details, like what mm it was (which is beyond me) but I saw the 30 day return policy and figured I would take a chance, on Sept 11, 2018. It said 3 weeks to arrive so I called again after the order was placed and still they weren't able to verify the specifications. I finally got a response back from an email and it turned out to be too small for me so I immediately wrote back and said okay cancel it - I needed 39mm or above so I do not want the item - save the shipping cost and headache. They said it's too late (even though the item hadn't even been received at their warehouse) so I was promptly sendt a return label so I could ship it back as soon as I received it. I did just that and the order took about 8 business days to arrive back to them. So after countless follow ups they finally confirmed my order was received Oct 5, 2018 and my refund would show up 7-10 business days after. I kept looking and there was no refund so I called and emailed and followed up only to receive the same response verbally and written - that by Oct 19, 2018 it was guaranteed I would see the refund. I was proactive and then did a Hail Mary and spent 30+ minutes Friday evening because my credit card bill was due Oct 21, 2018 and I was banking on the refund so I spent time Sunday with a supervisor who informed me the item was supposed to go to their customer not to gilt so they were waiting but that's not my fault. She assured me she would "pass me over" since she wasn't working the next day. So if a supervisor can't handle my problem as an escalation point "who can"? so fast forward.. my credit card wasn't paid in full, I got hit with a late fee and interest. I just spent time with a nice man who said no supervisor was available and put me on a call back list. If this wasn't a high ticket item I wouldn't be as adamant but I am so frustrated and have been kind and patient but enough is enough!

Giltorder returns

Buyers beware!! I purchased 4 clothing items and after receiving the package decided to return the items due to fit. Processing a return with this company is a nightmare. I was told since they were purchased by another company any orders prior to july 9th are unable to be viewed. Also, that I would receive a call back in 3 days so they can return the funds back to my card. I was also told I needed to have my credit card info stored on the website to make it easier. First, I refuse to do business with this company again. Second, if you can't process a return properly do you think I would actually store my credit card in your site? This is the worst customer service i've experienced from a company that is an app based shopping experience. Taking over 4 weeks to process a return is insane. Not only will I never purchase from them again, I seriously doubt I will ever see the amount I paid for these items. I feel like they stole from me. I should be able to shop, view, and track my return directly from the app all without having to speak to someone, hence the term online shopping. Now I have to wait for a call back in 3 days so that they can research my return. If I can't answer, I have to call back and give my card info for the credit to be processed. I am beyond furious and appalled at their business model. It should not have been this difficult.

Gilt Cityvoucher expiration

I had the same issue, which then spiraled into something more!
      When purchasing, I didn't notice that the Puritan's Pride voucher could not be used on all brands. I then went on the Puritan's Pride website and it turns out that of that list of 16 brands, a full SIX of them are actually NOT AVAILABLE for sale. I chalked this up to my mistake and managed to cobble together an order, which I placed on Jan 10th at 9:30pm from my home in San Francisco.
      The next day, I get an email from Puritan's Pride claiming that my order can't go through because my voucher had expired. True, my voucher expiration was January 10. But I assumed I could use it until the end of that day - what I did not factor in is that Gilt works ONLY on Eastern Standard time. What??? So much for being a national service. Both myself and the Puritan's Pride customer service agent have attempted to speak with Gilt and they have refused to reinstate my voucher.
      This is the 2nd time this sort of issue has arisen with them. They are hard-lined about returns/refunds no matter what and the customer service people are unfriendly and unhelpful. I will be cancelling my account and warning people against them.

voucher expiration

Gilt Citywhat a nightmare

I beg you guys not to ever use this service. Because once you pay them they don't give a darn about your satisfaction.
        I experienced it and know what I am talking about.
        They made not a single effort to investigate my issue. They just have my money and are happy, I hope.
        I just want to get my money back for an order that had never arrived. I have been waiting for it for 2 months and I understand it's useless. Customer service keeps ignoring me...

Gilta max mara coat with an obvious hole and refund is not as the amount they promised

Bought a Max mara coat on sale. There is no description about the defect on the coat.
          When received the coat, there was an very obvious hole on the coat.
          The amount was wrong on the return invoice, so I wrote a few letters to confirm the amount. They reply slowly but promised to refund the amount I've paid. About two weeks later, when the refund came to my card, it is around 50 USD less. And they do not reply to my emails.
          Bad online seller and cheating the consumer.

• Updated by Gilt · Dec 06, 2017

Hi there,

I am very sorry for any confusion in this matter.

I would be happy to review this situation for you if you could please forward your order number to [email protected] ATT:Maureen.

#giltservice

Giltterrible service, tricking customers

10 days ago, I made an order with several handbags, they were in really good prices. I thought it was some kinds of clearance sale, so I spent hours to pick what I want. After placing the order, I received shipment notifications, and bank notice that they charged money. Then, I was expecting to receive this order; however, Gilt is call it back without notify me. When I see the package was delivered back to KY, I called the customer service, they told me it was a technician issue, and they can't give me my order. I feels so bad, they don't respect customers. If they notice me before charge money or even before take it back, I wouldn't feel angry. I'll understand that, but they didn't. I think they deceived me, I'll never trust Gilt anymore. Bad!

• Updated by Gilt · Nov 30, 2017

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear that there was an issue with your order. If you could please forward your email address to [email protected] ATT: Mary. I will be more than happy to take a look into this for you.

Mary

Gilt Citypuritan's

The customer representative said he will refund through credit card -- did not happen. I purchased a voucher for Puritans.com, which then in the next hour realized cannot be applied to all Puritan's products and called customer service the very next availability. The representative said he will refund through credit card, which I made sure by asking. He did not do that, and I did not get a notice about this, until I noticed it in my bank statement and callled. He then said it was "policy" that it cannot be refunded. Why can't you said that from the beginning? Also, "policy" is an excuse for not caring for the issue you have.

• Jd
                  jdub b Jan 18, 2018

Thank you for the note. I've sent you an email.

• Jd
                  jdub b Jan 17, 2018

I had the same issue, which then spiraled into something more!

Comments

Gilt City Jan 18, 2018

@jdub b Hi There,

I am very sorry to hear of the confusion with this voucher.

I would happily review this issue for you, if you could please forward your order details to [email protected] ATT:Siobhan S.

Siobhan
                  #GiltService

Gilt Dec 06, 2017

Hi Shang,

I am very sorry for any confusion in this matter.

#giltservice

Giltmisleading

Two months ago I purchased glasses by oscar de la renta by linda farrow gallery (Acetate tinted round frame) and they arrived damaged.
                I was extremely disappointed because the glasses were very expensive and I didn't expect them to pack them in an unsafe way.
                Called their customer care, waited for 40 minutes for someone to answer and was said that the glasses can't be returned due to the policies.
                I've read the policies and didn't find the glasses among unreturnable products. I don't understand what I am to do and how to get my money back. Very misleading.

• Updated by Gilt · Nov 15, 2017

Hi Alicia,

I am so sorry to hear that your glasses arrived damaged. If you could please forward your email address to [email protected] ATT: Mary. I will get to the bottom of this for you!

Mary

Giltabsolutely appalling

What a terrible quality! Shame on you.
                  The item I ordered was poorly made and had spots on it. I was terrified I spent 100 dollars on this crap one dollar worth.
                  The customer service refuses to refund it and accept my order giving me stupid excuses. What am I to go, mhm? You provide no alternative, the worst quality is your mistake, but I have to suffer from it. You're terrible.

• Updated by Gilt · Oct 02, 2017

Hi Janet,

I am truly sorry to hear this.

Please forward your email address or order number to [email protected] ATT: Maureen.

I am more than happy to investigate this further and hopefully resolve this matter for you.

Gilt.comvery poor quality items

I bought a lot from www.gilt.com but that was then and now things are a lot different. Quality of their products gets worse every year and prices only increase. When I received my latest order I was very disappointed with the quality and how poorly everything was made. I wanted to return everything for a refund but Gilt customer service representative wasn't nice and rejected my request. They said that I will not get a refund and that replacement is also impossible. When I told him that I was very disappointed with their company, he said that if I did not like something I was free to buy elsewhere. Not only quality was terrible, but their Gilt employees need to get some training! Absolutely horrible!

• Updated by Gilt · Feb 24, 2017

Hi There,

I am so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with regards to our products and customer service.

If you would like to send on your details to our email - [email protected] We would be more than happy to take a further look into this for you.

Regards,
                        Kimberley
                        Management Team

Gilt.com“vintage rolex oysterdate stainless steel watch, 34mm”

Gilt.com

Where do I start! This website is a total scam. They took one picture of the watch and said that it was a man's watch. The picture wasn't even taken from their website they probably got it off of Google images. I finally received the watch that by the way, took FOREVER! And noticed that the band was defective. I tried it on anyway and it didn't fit my wrist! When I called to complain they said "well, it's a unisex watch, it's for men and women".
                      The customer service was terrible. I was treated very disrespectfully. I wanted to return the watch and they wouldn't take it back. I even had to go as far as to complain with the BBB (better business bureau). So now I'm stuck with a $3, 200.00 watch that has a broken wrist band and doesn't even fit me!!

• Updated by Gilt · Dec 19, 2016

Hi There,

I'm so sorry to hear of your disatifaction with your previous correspondence with our customer care team .I would be more than happy to look into this further for you. As there has not been an order number or an email address noted, I would ask if this can be sent on via email so we can look into this further for you.

I would ask that you email [email protected] and make the title line "ATTN:ELLENCOMPLAINTS BOARD RESPONSE" so that we can get to this right away. Looking forward to hearing from you. Chat Soon, Ellen-GiltService

Gilt.com — dishonest merchant with pathetic customer service

I purchased an inexpensive canvas from gilt.com. I was shocked when I received the notification that it would...

Gilti'm not buying anything from them again!

Terrible quality product!! Ordered a dress from www.gilt.com and when it arrived I was amazed with how cool it looked. That day I was supposed to go to a party so I decided to wear my new dress. I put on the dress and tried to pull the zipper but it was stuck! Pulled again and it broke.
                        Contacted customer service, explained what happened and asked for a replacement. They refused to replace it or to refund my money!! They said it was my fault! Totally disgusted with Gilt!! I'm not buying anything from them again!

Gilt Nov 11, 2016

Hi Sandie. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I am truly sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory.

Please email us on [email protected] with your order number and brief message, mark it for my attention, and I will get right back to you.

Thanks
                            Pat
                            Customer Service Supervisor

Gilt — customer service

Shopping on Gilt.com used to be a wonderful experience, both in terms of pricing and customer service...

Gilt.comdiscount code never worked

I have ordered something from Gilt website in the past and everything was fine. Recently I received a message from them saying 40% off! So I went to their website and made a huge order!
                          When I was purchasing the items, I entered the code and everything seemed ok, but then I checked my bank statement and found out 40% off was never applied!
                          I immediately contacted them and asked what was going on. They said that I had only three hours to use the code. What? I opened their email again and there was absolutely nothing mentioned about 3 hours! So I decided to warn other customers, don't believe them and don't use these codes! I did receive my items and everything was ok, but I wasted more than I expected! I'm very disappointed!

Gilt.compoor customer service

I ordered a pair of leather shoes from Gilt. I received my order in reasonable time, but in the end I was very disappointed. I thought I paid for nice shoes, but actually I spent my money on garbage. I worn them only two times and they fell apart! I did not wear these very often so I didn't realize the defect in their time period. I contacted their customer support and they did nothing to resolve the situation. Their rep was extremely rude and said that there will be no refunds and it that it was only my fault. I will not be ordering anything from them again. Horrible unprofessional customer service!

Gilt.comuseless customer service.

I bought two dresses from Gilt. The pictures on their website looked beautiful! The dresses I received looked similar, they were the same style, but they were too long and there was nothing mentioned in the description about the atypical length. I contacted Gilt and even sent them photos highlighting the discrepancy between the photo on their website and what arrived. I told that I want to return the dresses and get an exchange. But they just ignored me and never replied. Do not order anything from this awful company!

Gilt.comfake or used items

I bought a very expensive bag and paid extra for rush delivery. When it arrived it had strange stains inside. There also were scratches on the leather. Actually Gilt advertised as a discount website with limited quantities and sizes. I thought that Gilt sells only original items, but the bag I received looked used. Furthermore, my item arrived in a plastic bag without a box! This was supposed to be a present, but it's horrible condition make it impossible to gift it. I contacted them asking a refund and have included pictures as a proof. But they never answered. It's a big shame and I hope they will be out of business soon. Don't order anything from Gilt.

Gilt.com — poor, slick customer service policies

I have spent over $32, 000 on Gilt.com and earned 68, 000 insider points. Gilt has a fine print policy that...