Having problems with Domex?

Unit C, Surrey Business Park, Weston Road
Sat9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

domex appliance repairs

Do not trust these people to look after you properly. From the very second you pick up the phone to them...

They promised to send man, who would repair my washing machine

I contacted the company www.domexuk.co.uk, when my dish washing machine stopped to work and I was surprised...

Avoid

So poor.

In the middle of a repair now. After weeks of waiting for a part to come in and an appointment, a very rude engineer finally made it round yesterday. He took our machine apart only to find they had ordered the wrong part. Brilliant.

Although he said he would contact the head office, who would in turn contact me, he didn't. It's been four weeks now since I first contacted these jokers and still no end in sight.

Definitely do not contract these idiots.

I will not use them again, and would recommend that you avoid them too

What should you expect from a repair man ?

You expect somebody who knows the range of equipment they are going to be asked to repair, and who knows what parts are likely to have failed. You expect that they will listen to what they have been told about the problem, and make a sensible judgement about how best to proceed. You also expect that if the engineer who turns up does not known what the problem is, he can refer back to base for guidance from somebody who does know.

This has not been my experience with DOMEX.

Last week, I called them to look at a problem with my fridge freezer.

Basically, the fridge did not work but the freezer did.

I had already tried to fix it myself once or twice and got as far as the back of the freezer where there was a panel which was frosted up. I defrosted it and put it back, after which it worked for a couple of days and then packed up again.

Clearly this was not just a frosted up panel. Something else was causing the panel to frost up. Time to call in the professionals I thought, and called DOMEX.

They sent an engineer around, who talked to my wife and took a look. My wife explained that I had removed the panel and defrosted it, and that the problem had came back in a few days. Nonetheless, the engineer recommended replacing the panel (which would take at least 4 weeks to arrive)

This panel is simply a block of expanded polystyrene with a few channels moulded in to it. It has no seals and no moving parts. It is held in place with a couple of screws.

I called DOMEX to explain. I told them that I had already tried defrosting the panel, and that it had not cured the problem. I told them I suspected that it was more serious than just an expanded polystyrene panel and that perhaps a sensor or a fan motor might be the problem. They said they were sure that the engineer knew what he was doing ant that the panel needed to be replaced. They said that the parts to be ordered would include sensors and fan motors. I asked them to check.

They did eventually call back and said that the replacement part was simply the expanded polystyrene panel, no motors and no fans. Or sensors included. I explained that the panel in question was simply a block of expanded polystyrene, and that I had already tried defrosting it, to no avail. Their answer was: “We have to go with what the engineer says”.

I explained that although I was not a fridge engineer, I was an engineer and that I had plenty of experience with troubleshooting all sorts of equipment, and that I had already tried defrosting it, to no avail, and the existing panel was in perfect condition. Their answer was: “We have to go with what the engineer says”.

But surely, if I tell you that the part he wants to replace is in perfect order, and it looks like the problem is elsewhere, you can suggest a different course of action ? Their answer was: “We have to go with what the engineer says”.

OK, so what if your engineer is wrong, as I suspect, will you reimburse me for the incorrectly ordered part ? Their answer was “I can’t say. We have to go with what the engineer says”.

What does this ay about DOMEX ?

• It says their engineers did not know my particular fridge.

• It says they were not prepared to listen to what the problem was and what had been tried so far to fix it.

• It says that they were unwilling to be accommodate the needs of their customers over their own internal processes.

• It says they were not prepared to admit that they did not know what the problem was.

• It says that they were prepared to charge me for unnecessary work that would take ages to carry our, and would still leave me with a broken fridge.

This is why I will not use them again, and would recommend that you avoid them too.

Tried to make me pay to replace unnecessary parts

I had a problem with my Deawoo Fridge Freezer. The Freezer worked but the Fridge did not.

Domex’s engineer’s diagnosis was to replace an unnecessary part which would take at least 4 weeks to arrive.

I know the part was unnecessary because I had already examined the freezer myself.

The part they wanted to replace was a block of expanded polystyrene which had frosted up, but was otherwise in perfect condition. When I defrosted this block, the fridge worked for a few days until the block frosted up again.

I spoke to their head office, who refused to accept this, and insisted the block was the problem and needed replacing, rather than trying to diagnose what was causing it to frost up in the first place.

Their approach to fault finding seems to be to randomly replace until they chance upon the one which is actually faulty – all at your expense.

• Ds
    DSVA Mar 05, 2010

Had a similarly unfortunate experience - seems to be a company policy of trying to fleece customers with call-out fees and fitting cheap unreliable parts rather than long term resolution.

Slow, non responsive, lazy and unreliable repair engineers

We are a professional couple with very busy working and traveling schedules. Our Bosh dishwasher broke down and we found hard to arrange a repair visit by calling the regular Bosh assistance. We therefore decided to search online and found on google a service called: www.domex-uk.co.uk, which promises to repair dishwasher for GBP70. THe website is very easy to use and the forms are very easy to compile. Users give their names and address, chose a time slot and a day and shortly after submitting their requests, they receive a phone call confirming the time. The problem starts when the call center communicates with the repair engineers. They are slow, non responsive, lazy and unreliable. We have arranged our first appointment three weeks ago and our dishwasher has not been yet repair. To be fair, an engineer showed up two weeks ago, did not fix it, but asked for GBP35 just for showing up. Now they seem lost. I wonder, if I can get a refund.

• Er
    Eric22 Jun 06, 2016

I had the same issue with this company as well. Manage to get a engineer out after a week it was no point him turning up. Totally clueless wanted payment for so called consultation or estimate fee. Showed him the door. got another company out who fixed problem in no time. As for their customer service the reason why it's rubbish is because you are speaking to a call centre in Bulgaria.

• Me
    meg34 Sep 03, 2017

Worst company ever engineers cannot even speak english. Guy did not have a clue how to fix our american refrigerator instead told us a pack of lies that it had a gas leak and could not be repaired. A local engineer fixed the problem in no time which was not a gas leak. They replaced a drain heater.
    Check this company out and ask question do not hand over any money. Also their reviews are fake mainly on a paid for reviews site reviews.co.uk. As soon as a bad review is posted it is push down by loads of so called good ones. A pack of lies.

• Hi
    Hitesh Meghani Sep 07, 2018

Be careful when taking a plan out that states they will replace your item if it cannot be fixed.

I took out a plan on the 5th of Sept 2018 and today 7th of Aug 2018 after 3 visits and every visit a new part installed in my fridge, they decided to cancel my cover and not give me a replacement.

Visit 1. 15/08/2018 Change of display (also found motherboard on fridge to be faulty)
    Visit 2. 25/08/2018 change the motherboard.
    Visit 3 05/09/2018 still not working and checked for leaks or top up
    refrigerant - Engineer found no leaks, however he noticed the compressor was running at 80c

Engineer stated "i will order a new compressor and this will sort it out as we have changed all the parts now this will fix it"
    I was expecting a call back from Domex and did not get one so decided to call them myself as i have been without a fridge for 6 weeks.

I get told as the fridge was not repaired on the first visit we are canceling your plan, which is not stated on the T&Cs

I asked the call handler where this is stated on my policy and all he could say is, "it is somewhere".

When i asked why it was canceled i get told as the fridge has a leak it cannot be repaired and this is why we are canceling your policy.

So another lie! the engineer confirmed it was simply a case of a new compressor as he cannot find a leak!

What does Domex decide to do? they change the report so that the policy would not be claimed against.

I am now going to contact a independent repairer and get a report and take this to court! sick of these big companies trying to find any excuse to not pay out. Lies lies lies.

Lucky for me this fridge has never had a leak repair, so it will not be hard to prove.

Rip off

Called out to check oven in rental flat.
Engineer arrived 1 hour earlier than time slot with tenant in shower.
Within 30 sec the engineer found timer swith was in the wrong place and flicked it onto manual which started the oven. Full charges of diagnostic £35+vat and labour 18+vat. Called office to complain of labour fee but would not discuss or budge. Obviously not interested in long term customers. I know who not to use again.

Do not use them

This company is extremely unprofressional. They came to fix a noise in my washing machine and left me with an even bigger noise. They sent the engineer out again but he said he couldn't fix it! The customer service is disgusting - when I asked if I could speak to the manager I was told that would not be possible. When I asked for the persons name he wouldn't give it to me - they are the worst company I have ever dealt with, especially seen as they've now left me with a washing machine that is making more noise than ever before. DO NOT USE THEM.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices