Having problems with Everpet?

Everpet Customer Service Contacts

100 Mission Ridge
Goodlettsville, Tennessee

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Everpet Customer Service. Initial Everpet complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Everpet above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Everpet. Discuss the issues you have had with Everpet and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Everpeteverpet premium dog biscuits:chicken, liver and bacon

This is completely disgusting! I have fed my baby this stuff soo many times and there is no telling how many of these nasty little bugs he ingested! I would not have known there were bugs in the box had one not crawled onto my finger! Some appear to be dead but as shown in the video i have provided, some are still alive. Some of them are nestled into the dog treats themselves! A full refund of the probably 10-15 boxes I've purchased would be great but highly not expected.

everpet premium dog biscuits:chicken, liver and bacon
everpet premium dog biscuits:chicken, liver and bacon

M

EverPet Dog toy — yellow rubber ball

I was really upset to learn that you all are mot making the yellow or the pink balls anymore can you please bring these back

C

Everpet — Dangerous dog toy

I purchased an EverPet Toy Variety Pack of dog toys for my 8lb. chihuahua mix. There is a toy included in the...

A

Everpet — death

we bought EVERPET HEALTHY MIX for our beloved dog Sach, she ate this dog food for two days!! we woke u thi...

C

EverPet Cat Food — Cats lost weight

We've been feeding our cats Everpet dry cat food for 3 1/2 years with no problems until recently. My...

Everpetthier toys suck

do not waste your money on everpet ANYTHING. i dont buy the food cuz it gives my animals the runs. but i figured the toys would be ok...bought my dog a heavy duty toy with a squeaker in it, ..i forget what its called but it didnt even last a day. but i got it cuz it said heavy duty and my dog chews up everything...where can i go complain? is there a website or something

S

EverPet Cat Food — my cats are very sick

we had purchased everpet indoor cat food for my cats have four. At first there was no problem with them...

EVERPET DOG TREATSDISGUSTING

MY DOG HAS NEVER GOTTEN SICK OFF OF EVERPET DOG TREATS LIKE I SEE IT HAS WITH OTHER PETS, HE ACTUALLY LOVED THEM SO THAT IS THE ONLY REASON I WOULD BUY THEM. AND I WILL NEVER BUY THEM AGAIN. I GAVE HIM A TREAT, HE BIT IT IN HALF, AND A MAGGOT WENT FALLING OUT OF THE INSIDE OF THE TREAT. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. I CHECKED THE BAG THAT THE TREATS CAME IN, THERE WERE NO MAGGOTS IN THERE AT ALL, WHICH MEANS THAT IT WAS LITERALLY INSIDE THE BONE, NOT SITTING ON TOP OF IT. THESE POOR DOGS THAT HAVE BEEN EATEN THIS DISGUSTING BRAND OF FOOD/TREATS. DON'T EVER BUY THIS BRAND, DO YOUR DOG OR CAT (AND YOURSELF) A FAVOR.

• Pf
          pfeds Nov 26, 2013

Sounds awful. I've read a few stories about the Everpet brand, none of them good. They don't even have a website!? Have a read of pet food ratings, there's so many issues with their products - http://www.petfoodratings.org/dry-dog-food/everpet/

• Ge
          gertrude12311 Nov 22, 2013

This is a very useful website and I have found good information here and I really appreciate the efforts of the writer of this essay for sharing nice ideas. Thanks! you can also visit this site http://winningskin.net/ for more information.

• Da
          Daddio62 Nov 22, 2013

I just bought Everpet dog food. The inside of the bag was full of mold. There were also large clumps of green mold in the food. It was disgusting and I am afraid to buy their products again. My dogs are family!!

• Li
          liberty1776 Aug 29, 2013

A maggot will not harm your dog. It's just a bit of protein and fat for him...

K

EverPet Kitten Food — 3 kittens died

Purchased EverPet Kitten food from Dollar General store in Hudson off Connelly Springs Road in N.C. and after...

EverPet Cat Food Indoor Formula for adult catsvomiting shortly after eating (vomit contains blood)

My name is Darlene
        I purchased EverPet cat food (Indoor Formula) this past Wednesday evening (May 1, 2013) at Dollar General in Lenoir, NC.

The lot number which is above the bar code is C0128, the bar code is [protected], it was stamped "Best by H5 09 Apr 2014 22:03" and was a 3.15 lb. bag. It is distributed by Dolgencorp, LLC, 100 Mission Ridge, Goodlettsville, TN, 37072.

I mixed it with a bit of the Purina cat food (Indoor Formula) I had left. (It is recommended on the bag that if this is the first time you are introducing your cat to EverPet cat food that you mix it with what you have been feeding them previously.) My cat took a few bites (less then a minute of eating), walked away from his bowl, and about 5-10 minutes later, he started vomiting. He vomited throughout the night. He slept a bit but woke up frequentlly to vomit many times on each occasion. Although he was listless on Thursday (May 2, 2013), he ate a bit of the Purina cat food (Indoor Formula) I purchased that morning.

(Thursday morning I called the Dollar General Satisfaction Guaranteed number on the EverPet bag [protected]) and reported this. They got all the information from me (expiration date, bar code number, lot number, and symptoms my cat is having. I was told that the manufacturer would call me within two days. Haven't heard from them yet but it is still early. I kept all the information, saved a portion of the food so that it could be analyzed later, and returned the food to Dollar General letting them know what had happened to my cat.)

My cat vomited less throughout Thursday, ate a bit, and hid in areas that I have not known him to do before. This morning I woke up to see an area where he had vomited (on a manilla folder) and saw that is was mainly blood. I am very concerned.

• Ro
            rosepool May 03, 2013

Darlene, why did you post here instead going to a vet.

• Belleville May 03, 2013

haven't heard from them yet but it is still early. I kept all the information, saved a portion of the food so that it could be analyzed later, and returned the food to Dollar General letting them know what had happened to my cat.)

• Ha
            Harley's owner May 03, 2013

My name is Darlene

The lot number which is above the bar code is C0128, the bar code is [protected], it was stamped "Best by H5 09 Apr 2014 22:03" and was a 3.15 lb. bag. It is distributed by Dolgencorp, LLC, 100 Mission Ridge, Goodlettsville, TN 37072.

D

Everpet Basics Adult Dry Dog Food — Mold in Dog Food

I just bought a bag of everpet basics dry dog food and wen i opened it it had MOLD all over the food... i...

everpet puppy food with DHAThis food kills animals

My perfectly healthy dog was given this food to help supplement her while nursing a new litter of pups. She had a complete vet check after having her pups and was in tip top shape, within a week of starting this food into her diet she developed bloody stools, vomiting, severe weight loss and lethargy (HGE) from the poor quality of the ingredients in this food. We rushed her to the vet and she held on via IV's and meds under very aggressive care for 4 days, but ultimately passed from this. I am so angry and upset that this food is still on shelves after reading report after report from other dog owners who have dealt with the same issues. I want this food to be permantly removed from shelves.

This food kills animals

• Th
              Th3 Wick3d Mus3 Jul 30, 2012

It's really painful to hear about how different DGs don't accept coupons, because we try really hard to accommodate as many as we can. It drives sales. They were wrong to try and make you feel as if it was your fault and we absolutely do accept printed coupons so long as they meet all of our requirements.
              The only thing I feel I should mention is the $5/$25 coupon takes a little off of every item, and sometimes the system will not allow us to use a coupon on certain items that already have money taken off of them. A message will appear on the screen that says "Cannot use coupon on discounted item", and in those instances the only way to get the coupon to work is to void the transaction and use the coupon before the $5/$25. It's unfortunate because for the customers who get exactly $25 worth of stuff can no longer use the $5/$25, but it's the only way in this instance. Since you had over $25 anyway it would have worked for you, and if this comes up again and you have enough try using your other coupons prior to the $5/$25 and it should work.

EverpetMetal shavings in food

I aquired a cat recently and as there was a DG handy I went in there for some cat food. I picked up several cans of EVERPET CAT FOOD. He ate it at first, but didn't really seem to like it and I had no idea of what he had been eating so I didn't think to much about it until he started throwing up. I had part of a left over can in the fridge so I thought I would put it in the micro for a few seconds to warm it up a little. When I started the micro the sparks flew from the meat. I tried 2 more cans and the sparks flew out of these cans. I guess they put everthing in this product so everbody be carefull of this animal food from DOLLAR GENERAL. I wonder what all they put in peoples food that they sell. The only information as to who makes this is someplace in Tennessee and I think all they do is put the label on it so it looks like it is made in the USA...Not sure who a person could turn them into, but there has to be someplace...I'm going to start looking so if anybody has any ideas let me know...[protected]@yahoo.com

• Hr
                Hre Aug 18, 2016

Opened a can of Tuna cat food for my cat he begain to eat i looked down and seen large chunks of bone, large enough that my cat could had chocked on. It worried me, but I am thankful that I caught this before anything came from this matter.

• Co
                conscerned citizen Jun 07, 2012

The food and drug administration also takes complaints on dog and cat food. All my animals just got sick from that pet food, which was the first time ever purchasing it . I Contacted the store where It was purchased, then called their corporate store. From there I filed a complaint, then I was contacted by the manufacturer of the pet food. Then I contacted the FDA and filed a complaint there as well. The Store where I purchased the pet food originally wanted to immediately make good and refund my money or substitute another pet food, Same thing with their corporate store. The manufacturer however it was a different scenario, they wanted all evidence shipped to them at my expense. That is when I went to the local FDA. You can call the local FDA or go online to to file a complaint. You will need samples for testing for the Vet, the FDA, and the manufacturer. Do not ship all evidence back to the manufacturer or you screwed yourself. The FDA requires a sample and it normally takes at least 10 days before they decide if they want a sample sent, so you have to hang onto it for a few. My problem was the classic and gourmet dog and cat foods (dry) and the dog treats. Good luck to you, and I will think twice about switching up brands on animal feed because of circumstances.

M

EverPet Cat Food — sick cats from eating this cat food

I recently purchased everpet cat food in the light blue bag. After feeding my cats this food they began to...

Everpet Cuts N' GravyAlmost Killed my puppy

I have a puppy that I have been feeding Everpet Cuts n' gravy wet dog food on the back of the can it says it is for dogs and puppies. My puppy got sick it almost killed my puppy. I had to take her to the vet and it cost me over 500.00 for them to save her life. This occured in a matter of over night. If we had not got her to the vet when we did she would have died. I think that there should be a lawsuit filled on this dogfood, and it should be taken off the market. THIS IS A KILLER DOGFOOD REMOVE IT FROM THE SHELVES AND STOP KILLING INNOCENT ANIMALS.

Lori McDonald Jul 28, 2011

Thank you, and on my end I will continue to do what I can to see that they remove this brand from the shelves. I am not saying that I will be successful but I will give it my best shot. Thank you for your concern, today she is eating on her own so hopefully she will continue to improve.

Lori McDonald Jul 28, 2011

A the time we were financially struggling, and it was cheaper and our dogs seemed to like it.Tere is no amount of money that isn't wort spending on food for my dogs. They are innocent in this, and the companies that have complaints should stop making the what I consider killer dog food. however; from now on m dogs will only get the best thank you.

Lori McDonald Jul 28, 2011

she woke up one morning not moving she could not even stand snd had loose stools with blood in it. So we took her to our vet we were sure she wa dying and thet ran all kinds of test found that she was dehydrated, hypoglycemic and had a below normal body temperature. She stayed over night and had bolises of IV fluids running in her. Had it not been for me taking some of the food we were giving her to the vet because they could not get her to eat we would have gone through the same thing again when she came home. Fortunatly for our puppy named Dora the vet looked up the food on the internet and found that it had killed outher puppies. The vet did a good job with her she even took her home with her to care for her overnight. She is still not out of the woods but she is standing up and moving around I have to feed her with a syringe every two hours and give her pedilight along with Karo syrup mixture. I sill am praying that she will make it. The store I returned the cans I had to did not want to take them ack and I told them they are selling food that kills the puppies and dogs and it should be removed from their shelves they did agree to send thee print out from the vet to their district office. So at least hopefully I can help stop this from happening to someone else.

Everpet Basics Dog FoodDOG DIED AFTER HALF A BOWL

I FEED MY DOG THE CHEAP EVERPET DOG FOOD FROM DOLLAR GENERAL MY HUSBAND PURCHASED. I WAS RELUCTANT TO FEED HIM THE FOOD. THAT IS NOT THE NORMAL FOOD HE ATE. WELL AS A RESULT HE DIED TODAY APPROXIMATELY 1 HOUR AGO. HE MADE HUGE PILES OF BOWEL MOVEMENT AND HE IS RESTING IN HIS DEATH NOW. NEVER, EVER BUY THAT MESS! IT REALLY DOES KILL DOGS!!!

• Ni
                    nicole1308 Jun 11, 2012

I just bought this food on saturday because I was running out of time. I woke up yesterday with a dog that was running a temp and who has vomited all over. He layed around all day. I am throwing this food away!!!

• FaeRae84 Jul 03, 2011

If they called you at your job- that's illegal and it's harrassment. If they call you more than every three days and you speak to someone, that's illegal and also considered harassment. Threatening you is illegal and that's also harassment. Harassment itself is harassment. What I would suggest is, if you have a family lawyer, go to him for help resolving the harassment and the debt itself. Have him send a "Cease and Desist" letter. After they receive that letter (and all mail is stamped, so they CAN'T say the letter came late). they MUST stop contacting you in any form. If they do, and you can prove it, they may very well find themselves having to pay off your debt and having to give you a little for the harassment. Better yet, have your lawyer send it certified mail. One more thing: find out who your State Attorney's General is. Know their name. Find out the name of who the head of the fraud department is. Even know who the State Attorney's General secretary is. The nex time PCR calls you, tell them that you have contacted the State Attorney's General's office and have spoken to (name of secretary or fraud dept.) about their insistent harassment and that you have sent a "Cease and Desist" letter. That will make them pee their pants, even if they act like it doesn't bother them or say something to try to scare you; trust me, they're shaking like a flag in the wind on the other end of the phone.

• Jb
                    jbfirebird Jul 03, 2011

sorry for your loss. but, do you have proof that the food killed the dog? or are you making the assumption just because its the last thing that the dog had done.

EverpetTainted dog food

I noticed people were trying to find out who makes EverPet dog food; here is the number to call: [protected].
                  The number is to DolgenCorp. (Dollar General). I had the same thing happen with my dogs; one has died, the second is severely sick at the vet as we speak, and the third was just sick. DolgenCorp. is supposed to contact me, we will see if they keep their word because we need to get this stuff off the shelves.

Just in case you were wondering Pro-Pet is the manufacturer of EverPet.

Ann Cerniglia Oct 30, 2013

EverPet kills! Two of my dogs got sick...one died. Vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, then death. Look up EverPet food...then complaints. You will be surprised...Unfortunately, I was too late finding this out. I was using EverPet gravy dog food. Don't use this product!!!

• Me
                      melissa 123456789 Oct 22, 2013

what should I do when a 5 week old ate some of your everpet kitty litter and then its made of clay granules and she is acting funny- sick like?

• Us
                      User8515830 Oct 19, 2012

Your dog has stools like that and you're posting to a complaint board? Get it to the vet!

• Za
                      ZackeryRowan Oct 17, 2012

my dog has red poop. he is a 3month old rottie/aussie shepard mix named anderson jones. he has been on everpet dog food for two weeks. strangely enough i lost a puppy 8 months old two weeks ago, her poop was red bu t she had parvo. his poop is the same color but acting normal and fine. is it the dog food that is making his poop red?

• Le
                      Leland Dula Nov 01, 2011

I purchased a bag of this dog food for my two apbt's. One is (was) 50 lbs and the other is 70lbs. My smallest dog, who is very active, has lost a significant amount of weight since being put on an everpet diet. This dog food is most certainly less than desirable for anyone who cares for their dogs. It makes me sick to be honest, and I would demand my money back had I not thrown away the reciept. I will include a photo of my dog (buddy) after being on everpet for a week, maybe less.

marysaunders08 Aug 08, 2011

I bought Everpet Moist soft food. And it was as hard as a rock. My little Pomeranian couldn't even eat it. I am very dissappointed it this product. i will be sure to tell my friends not to purchase a product that false advertises like this one. Moist isnt the word for sure

EverPet Dog toysqueaker broke within 2 minutes of giving small 7 pound dog the toy

i just bought a everpet dog toy for my chihuahua and within 2 minutes or less the squeaker stopped squeaking, i paid $3 for a tiny stuffed toy and it lasted all of 2 minutes, very upset, but now i can't take it away from the dog, cause i tried and he doesn't understand, so i can't even take it back, what a rip off

Everpet Gourmet Cat FoodOvercharge

Last week I purchaced 5 bags of this cat food. Checkout scanner invoiced item at $7.50 each. Shelf price clearly marked at $7.00 each. Yesterday I asked store manager for return of $2.50 plus tax to correct overcharge. Acting store manager told me that because I had used a money off coupon on 4 of 5 purchaces that a price correction was not allowed because I had allready goten more than $0.50 per bag off. My only option was to make a second trip to store today at a cost of about 1 gal. gas and 1 hour working time lost to present my complaint to other manager.

A

EverPet Cat Food — Horrible Quality

I bought Everpet dry cat food from Dollar General for my cats, they would not eat a single piece of it. I...