[Resolved] Getaroom.comcompany hijacked hotel website - scam artists

C

Booked a room I thought directly with hotel website and received a receipt from GetARoom.com to my surprise. Cancelled reservations in order to go through hotel and then saw GetARoom was going to charge me $407 dollars...mind you the reservation and cancellation happened within 27 minutes of each other. In their receipt they state the cancellation policy is in accordance with the hotel's policy which is an outright lie. The hotel's policy allows you to cancel with full refund up to 2 days before your arrival. AND, the rate that I was charged was higher than what the hotel is charging for the same room. I also suspect that the reservation was bogus because when I called the hotel they only had 1 room available according to my requirements and had not received any reservations from this outfit. I did not book deliberately through this company as I was on the hotel's website...but somehow they hijacked the reservations. BEWARE and call your hotel directly. This was to be a birthday present for my husband...not going to happen now. This is totally a SCAM outfit and like another reviewer, I'm going to do everything in my power and make this my personal mission to get the word out on this company...folks beware!

• Resolution Statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response · Oct 17, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com via ComplaintsBoard.com. Please accept our sincere apologies for the less-than-satisfactory experience. We would also like to assure that we take your feedback very seriously and that we will take the necessary actions to minimize or prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.

Please be advised that we do disclose the full cost of our reservations as well as the cancellation policy associated with the booking prior to confirmation. No reservation is processed without the terms and conditions being first agreed to at the time the payment details are provided. Since the full cost of the booking as well as the cancellation policy was agreed to by yourself, both are being upheld as such.

Additionally, Getaroom.com does hold all of our rooms and guarantee all of our bookings. As such, if this reservation had not been cancelled, we guarantee it would have been at the hotel as booked for your check in. Since the booking was cancelled, the room was no longer able to be held for you at the hotel and thus does not reflect in their system. We apologize for any misunderstanding this may have been caused you.

We appreciate you bringing this matter back to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to further address and explain the situation on your behalf. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [protected] or at [protected] for callers outside the U.S. You can also reach us again via email at [protected]@getaroom.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,