[Resolved] Getaroom.comabsolutely awful customer service

Absolutely awful customer service. Tried to book a room and when I hit enter, it said System error, please call or try your reservation again later. I waited a bit, tried again. Closed the browser and started from scratch, still got an error message. I didnt want to call, defeats the purpose of booking online! So I gave up and booked thru AAA for a little more. Now I look at my credit card and its been charged 4 times. Now spent an hour on the phone trying to get this worked out. Customer service rep was rude, after explaining the situation he asked what the reservation number was???- again repeated it NEVER went thru. He then argued with me that I must have hit enter multiple times- I said yes I did, the error message said try again!

• Resolution Statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response · Jan 26, 2016

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com. Please accept our sincere apologies for the less-than-satisfactory experience. We would also like to assure that we take your feedback very seriously and that we will take the necessary actions to minimize or prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. Please allow us time to listen to the sales call and investigate these claims. We will provide you with an update as soon as we have one. f you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [protected] or at [protected] for callers outside the U.S. You can also reach us again via email at [protected]@getaroom.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,

James Jensen
    Night Team Lead
    Getaroom.com

• R
      Nov 29, 2012

I had the same thing happen the first week of October. Kept getting an error message, finally tried a different credit card, and gave up and booked on another site. Never got any confirmation email for any rooms either. Then when I looked at my credit card statement a few weeks later, I had been charged 5 times. I contacted customer service and all they attempted to do was to get a refund from the hotel even though it was the fault of getarooms website. I ended up contacting both VISA and AMEX and disputed the charges and they were refunded.

• C
      Jan 24, 2016

This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced before. I specifically called looking for a rm with a jacuzzi thinking I was calling the hotel directly. The rep sd he found me a rm for 114 with a jacuzzi so I booked it and pd for it over the ph. I check in a few hrs later to find out I didn't get that rm. There is more to this issue.

• C
      Jan 24, 2016

This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced before. I called looking for a rm with a jacuzzi thinking I called the hotel but was directed to a third party reservation service. The representative told me he found me a rm with a jacuzzi for 114 so I booked and pd for it over the phone. I check in to the hotel a few hrs later to find out I didn't get that rm. I never received a confirmation email like I was told due to it being entered incorrectly. I called immediately while waiting at the hotel and was told I will not receive a refund becuz I took the rm they gave me. They argued with me and sd they cannot do anything but listen to the recorded conversation of me booking the room. The beginning statement says all calls are recorded for quality purposes. I specifically stated twice in my conversation that I wanted a rm with a jacuzzi and verified at the end of the conversation that is what I was getting. They refused to fix this issue and told me I had to pay for a rm I never wanted in the first place.