Getaroom / unethical behaviour

I called to cancel this reservation only to be told I had to pay for 1 nights stay. I had no idea this was not the hotel I was contacting. I was told that I have until 5/15/19 to cancel with no penalty. I was asked to pull up the email I was sent with the terms. I never received the email because they had my email address incorrect. They then send it to me today and said I had to cancel by noon. They never disclosed that I was not speaking directly with the hotel. I told them I wanted to use my Whyndem reward and she said I would get a email advising how to get my points which I did not. I would have never booked with a third party for a hotel. I was charged over $130 to cancel and the room was only for $67.

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, May 17, 2019

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate your letting us know so we can continue to improve our services.
    We understand from the complaint, you researched and found what you thought was a direct contact number for the Hotel reservations department. While we understand that internet search results can sometimes be confusing, rest assured, we are authorized to provide our discounted rates through various sources, suppliers and affiliate partners. The hotel does provide their direct number and website on various internet search browsers as well. Please accept our sincere apologies that you felt misled.
    All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website are fully visible along with the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees. In addition, the cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to by you at the time of purchase. As a result, we are unable to process your request at this time.
    If you would like us to research your complaint please provide the confirmation number starting with R# and a Customer Care Specialist will reach out to you.

We regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused you and hope the information we provided above has adequately addressed your questions or concerns.

Sincerely,