General Motors Corporation — transmission
In 2011, I purchased a new Buick Lucerne from Patsy Lou's Dealership in Flint, MI. I had all the oil changes, tire rotations, and scheduled maintenance done by GM dealerships. I was 'on-time' or even ahead of time on maintenance as I wanted this car to last me a while. I also have On Star and receive periodic reports on maintenance needs. Never was I informed of any trouble, except for a low tire now and then, (and they were never more than a few pounds off.) I drive careful. I always try to keep RPMS under 2000. I ease into my starts and stops. I really babied this car. I also purchased an extended warrantee after the one from the factory expired. That warrantee got me through 2014 at which time I retired.
A few weeks ago, our transmission died while we were out of state, to the tune of almost $4, 000. Hmmmmm. The car had 115, 000 highway miles on it. OnStar showed no issues with my transmission. There were no warnings what-so-ever. I had had a transmission flush done on 8/7/15 by Young's in Owosso, MI at their suggestion along with a tune up, spark plugs, new air filter, cleaning and injectors, coolant flush etc... all part of preventative service.
This car is only 5 years old. I have always bought a Buick but am so disappointed with the quality that I will not buy another. How is it the transmission was fine when it was flushed 8 months ago and then we were told it was full of metal shavings two weeks ago? And, what good is the OnStar Diagnostic reports when no transmission issues were ever noted, even when it was in for repair!
More General Motors Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration
- General Motors - a/c issues
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors Corporation - 2015 chevrolet z71