General Motors Corporationgmc acadia slt 1

C Jun 22, 2019

I purchased a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT 1 in September 2018 FOR $8500 and put an additional $3000 into it to get it running properly. On Tuesday June 19 I got a check engine light so of course I took int in for repair. After having my vehicle for almost 6 1/2 hours I received a call from Genesis Chevrolet informing me that while test driving with the scope attached the Motor locked up and its going to cost me $7000 to $8100 to replace the motor. In researching I find that this motor (3.6L V-6) has been a problem for some time. I am so frustrated and disappointed. My father worked for GM for a number of years and I always thought this was a name to be trusted, Now I'm not so sure. I am a 67 year old female living on a fixed income. I am also Guardian to my ailing 74 year old brother and having a reliable vehicle to transport him back and forth to Doctor's appointments is a must. I am at my wits end in this situation. I actually did what I thought was my due diligence in getting a CARFAX report before purchasing.