Gem ShoppingAwful experience

M Review updated:

Gem Shopping is extremely slow in posting a credit to your charge card for merchandise that is returned. They keep telling me that they have to make sure that the returned item is ok and that since they have gone to broadcasting 24hours 7 days a week, they have really increased their workload, so they are sorry for the delay.

Well, when you purchase an item that has a pretty high dollar amount it is frustrating to have to watch your credit card charge you interest on that outstanding balance month after month. The credit amount Gem Shopping will refund you is only for the amount of the item purchased, so you are still strapped with the postage you paid to get the item shipped to you and then for the postage to send it back and on top of that now you are building finance charges on a balance that you thought was going to be cleared quickly.

According to their Return Policy there is a very small window of opportunity to get a Return Authorization number after receiving an item. It must be within 7 days of receipt. I've complied with their rules. I got my Return Authorization numbers and I've got the UPS tracking details that show when the items were received back by Gem Shopping. So I know exactly how long they have been in possession of the returned item. I've even seen one of the items I returned already displayed for sale again. It was a very distinctive bracelet so it was easy to spot. I've talked with their customer service and mentioned this to them. I've sent e-mails requesting that someone look in to the items that I've returned. I realize that I'm not one of their big spenders but over the past couple of years I have spent thousands of dollars and it is disappointing that they don't react as quickly as other companies when managing returns.

As I have been waiting for my credits to post I have continued to watch and purchase other items and it seemed interesting that the person on the phone would ask if I wanted to use my Store Credit...which leads me to believe that is part of the game they are playing. They keep the cash flow going by not running refunds quickly and encouraging customers to just use the credit balance they already have.

To their credit...on their invoice under the Return Policy they state 'Pending an approved inspection and validation of your returned item(s), your credit should appear on your statement within one to two billing cycles.'

However, I've had a couple of items returned as early as November 26, 2008 and as recent as January 16, 2009 and as of today, March 5, 2009, I have yet to see a credit for any of these items on my credit card.

• Ys
    Ystolz Jun 27, 2019

Kurt is the worst! He lies, cheats, and maybe steals? He looks over 68yrs. old, and had has a weird hair implant.

The "BBB" said Gem shopping Network will not return calls to them. We think something is wrong does GSN have a deal with them?? Also, I am 50 yrs. old, and it shows on my drivers license and my taxes. I look 36yrs. old because my MOM Never had any wrinkles before she passed away. So Kurt, and a another site said different, but I have proof, which doesn't matter, anymore... but it is so Fake...Kurt you will be punished, ; so better repent NOW or it will be too late! Yvette and Christopher Fleming

• Yv
    Yvette Fleming Apr 05, 2019

Gem Shopping is rude terrible, fake and should have some legal scrutiny. They now have personal questions, and Trish said she did not want to hear my silly stories. She asked a silly question when she asked what year did i graduate from High School?. Because others have said I have a beautiful picture only taken 4 years ago...Now I am restricted, and don't care, andI have purchased all I want from them, and from other RELIABLE people. They are tricky, Watch Out!!! For GSN.

• Te
    Terry E. Mahan Mar 19, 2019

I have been purchasing items for over 10 years and yes, I have had to return a couple of items. However, I am careful in purchasing items I am not going to return. My problems have been minor and my interactions have been professional and the customer service team have always worked well with me. Understand that they do sell quality jewelry and are not in the business of continually taking back items over and over. If that is a problem you will be better off shopping locally. And good luck returning to a local jeweler.

chickory Dec 25, 2018

"Christmas poem to the crew at Gem Shopping Network"
    Men so gallant they don't even know how many others can steal their show
    Revering their presence carrying on so cool
    During the Christmas Eve Show and Tell School
    Innocent hearts burned thinking its laughter ( seller stating buyers are getting coal for Christmas)
    Splendor to all and to all a good night for the man has faked his god giving right (to be honest)
    He only served no purpose because of the time it was aired trying to handle every piece with care
    (pieces were literally being thrown to the side)
    Preachers consumed within themselves pretending they were playing such grateful little elves
    ( seller stating that he will spend buyers money)
    Holding the pieces that no other will own displaying their affection for a collection in stone while
    others are believing right in their homes that Christmas can come true if their item isn't sold!
    Some are magically sold under Santa's nose those evil little reindeer that hide in their stalls screaming
    out "SOLD" before a price is even told!!!
    When you call in they offer you other pieces that the buyer cannot view what kind of scam on how many jewels?
    This show has some good and some bad outweighing each other and by any chance have you been had?
    I can go on forever but made it short and sweet I watched for weeks finally to realize that I made a mistake
    after hearing the ignorance of the closing of a show that he is getting out of there with a whistle and a blow
    that he doesn't even care while viewers were watching on this Christmas Eve looking for the magic from
    every last piece... Guys I bid you peace don't be so quick to erase what YOU MAKE trouble among yourself
    the whole time you are on the air ...Have a great New Year... Selling your stones..Maybe it is you that should
    get coal for Christmas...Yes, I called in to buy and had no chance in hell of ever getting that special item.
    And are you a show or an employee whisper and complain team? UNBELIEVABLE !!!

• Ur
    urchin Sep 10, 2018

You don't have to pay the high FEDEX price for buying and returning! Ask your sales rep to send it by US PO mail instead. It's like half the cost and you still get your item in a couple days, same for returning items. I've done this many times and my info records have this automatically always in place now whenever I order. There may be a price cap beyond like 5 or 10 thou where Fedex is required, but I haven't shopped that high and understand honoring their preference where vastly expensive items are concerned.

Hanneke Wasserman Sep 05, 2018

I am trying to get a call back from Meredith re: a lab report that was to be sent with a ruby ring I purchased. What was stated on air about this ruby is not the gem it should be. I want your lab report or return the ring but yet again you sell sell an item and don't follow through with the statement made on air.

• La
    ladywoods Jul 08, 2018

Like the shows and most hosts. Curt needs to stop whistling at the end of a sentence with an S. I have to mute him. Between that and his turndable, he drives be crazy. Love Mike, Marvin the best. Good show all and all!

• Ro
    Rosal Lumetta Feb 12, 2018

I mute Steve, Sam and anyone that yells. As a medical profession Hunter needs to stop smoking and save his throat!

• Be
    bev armstrong Nov 21, 2017

Glad to find this site as I have also had difficulty with GSN. They cut me off because I returned too many items but I live in a city where none of the cable providers carry them in hd and I have an 80” tv so it’s difficult to really know what you’re buying until you see it in person. Although I have spent a great deal of money with them, they still got angry with me. They spend very little time showing an item on camera for you to make up your mind, they give misinformation frequently about the items they’re showing and then they get upset when you are surprised by what you receive. Even after my three month suspension period they won’t answer my calls to purchase anything...great way to do business, right?

• De
    Debi Weeks Hammond Mar 10, 2017

Some of the sales reps are unbelievably rude, pushy, discourteous and disrespectful...Namely "Sarah" and "Chris"(female)...Unacceptable when in sales!

• Bo
    Bosox Aug 14, 2016

No doubt some have unfortunate experiences, but I have to wonder about some of the complaints registered above. My experience is quite different. First, I have returned a number of items, not because of being misled, but simply because they did not meet my expectations once in hand. Usually, that was because of the size of the item, which is hard to determine on the television screen.

Several months ago, I ordered a loose indicolite stone which was a tad too small for my purposes Before i returned it, I took it to a local jeweler of high reputation. He went wild over the stone and put it under a scope to show me the quality of clarity and cut. It had been cut by Ben, incidentally. which i now take as a good sign of quality. I really hated to return that stone, but I did and within two weeks my account was credited.

Since then, I always ask to see the measurements of the item on the screen. At least I'll have an approximate size before I order. I do question the initial value they state before there markdown: who sets that price? But the only place I know to do better is to get lucky at Off Saks or a good pawn shop. Otherwise, it's GSN for me.

• La
    Lahuman73 Jul 12, 2016

I too believe that the things they sell are beyond expensive with regards to reselling jewelry and have yet to see any good deals, a mall jewelry store can bet the prices n quality! I asked to see so vintage pieces but they want me to enroll first but then they sell your info n don't care to give put my personal info M my payment info until I see something I would buy, but if they won't show me things how do I want them with these nightmare testemolnies even want them to have my first name let alone all my info!! Thank u all for sharing your stories to help me not do business with a company that clearly don't respect the clients, hay here is an idea clients will stay with a store they are treated like just that "a client long term "! I think I will stay far far away as eBay n esty have similar things and private Jewlers for high end! Maybe they have high overhead n don't know the meaning of long term investors!

• Bessie Mack Jun 04, 2016

My complaint may be silly but it made a difference. I've watched the show for sometime now, wishing I had a big ole cash cow. Today I was finally going to Register with GSN. I was using my cell phone to look up the addy. When I clicked on the proper link my security instantly blocked me from going any further. It was saying something about the site's certificate, may be unsecured. I hit block and quickly closed the browser.
    So then I fired up the PC and went through the same steps, including putting in the correctly spelled name of GSN. Once again, my security program which is different from my phone's, threw up a block, stating there was a problem with the site's certificate & it may be unsecured. I hit block & closed out the browser. Used a different browser on the PC as well.
    So, my electronic pals are being quite watchful as well as I am. Can't ask for more. I do feel for those who had such unfair treatment & experiences. I'm happy for those who are happy with their experiences. I personally don't purchase TV items that require a thorough check-up by me, in person. Just my experience. That makes me happy.

• Lo
    lori cervantez Jun 02, 2016

I have been thrilled with each and every purchase I have made with Gem shopping! The quality of their products is excellent. I can not comment on returns as I have not made any..again each piece has been exactly what they have state. As a matter of fact ..I have purchased high dollar pieces and had an appraisal done..each item appraised at least double if not triple the price I paid.
    Also I've been in jewelry stores wearing my finds from Gems shopping. .and they want to know where I got it! Reading these reviews. .my opinion is you all need another hobby. .you are costing them money each time you use a credit card..the merchant is charged a fee to take your order and another fee to refund the purchase. .so in turn you are costing loyal customers too..as they ..as a business have to make that money up . I own a restaurant and Bakery and certainly understand how credit cards work..they are convenient for the customer and costly for the merchant. So if you want to waste their time and write silly reviews ..just shows your ignorance. .turn the channel and go to the mall for some costume jewelry. Save the good stuff for the people that appreciate it!

Sad Sap Jun 19, 2015

I bought a peridot last year around Christmas. I felt pretty good about the price $2, 499...until I saw the very same ring at Costco for less than $1000. I WAS not a happy camper!! Will not but from again

• Ru
    Ruth in Virginia Nov 03, 2014

I totally disagree with the negative comments.. I have spent a lot of money (more than 6 figures. ) with GSN over the past 6 years. I have purchased many rings, bracelets, pendants and earrings from them and I have returned no more than 2 or 3 items, but never for false advertising.. I also find no problem with camera work. After all if you have any knowledge they always post the carat weight of the center or main stone, which, if you are at all educated will tell you the size you will be getting. Over the years I have learned so much from the hosts, especially Steve who is a designer.. I have had some things reappraised, never resulting in a disappointment at the amount. I have also compared tanzanite rings I have with very high end specialty stores in the Caribbean and mine were much nicer.all my lovely purchases have been much admired by people of education.By the way, many of the reviewers cannot spell or use proper grammar. I believe this gives a hint of their veracity. Also if you go to a local normal jewelry store you will not see anything as nice as at GSN. You can, of course see gorgeous jewelry at places like Tiffany, then tell me what you think of prices at GSN!

• Pe
    Pebble puppy Apr 22, 2019

@Ruth in Virginia And if you were at all educated about gemstones, you would know total carat weight doesn't mean squat because stone density is different in an opal and a sapphire so they look completely different in size. Good try though. 😂

• Da
    Dale Usher Sep 26, 2014

You are right on shiny. Some of the hosts can barely hide their anger when nobody has shown interest in an item, even if it's a cloudy old emerald or a dull old sapphire. Do they think we are ###s? Kurt and Marvin are obnoxious, yelling and making stupid comments. It's a wonder these people remain employed there. I won't watch when Kurt and Marvin are working. The people working the graphics can't spell worth a damn. They are employed by a jewelry company but spell jewelry "jewlery" in the crawl at the bottom of the screen. Don't they have a dictionary in that place?

• Wi
    Wise in Texas Aug 01, 2014

I have made several purchases from Gem Shopping in the past two years and have never had a problem. But I have studied gemology for over 15 years and consider myself a knowledgeable buyer. The Russian demantoid earrings I purchased were appraised by my local jeweler for 40% over what I paid. I have never had a problem with a return including one very expensive ring. They promptly credited my credit card. I have purchased several loose diamonds from Mark with GIA certs and the goldsmith/jewellery designer I work with has been very impressed saying he could not buy a similar stone for the price I paid. And he is the current head of a multi generational Private Jewellery Design business and a GIA certified appraiser himself. Maybe GSN has learned a few things over the years and have improved. I do know there are hosts with integrity and knowledge that I will negotiate with and there are a few I know are not so hot. But with the Internet available and multiple places to find information and pricing anyone can become an educated buyer. As for eBay you may find a great deal or you may get ripped off, both are possible so again you must know what you are buying, what it should sell for and who you are dealing with, this applies to all gem purchases where ever they are made. Standard mark up on most jewellery from whole sale to retail is 400% which givse plenty of room for negotiation be it a brick and mortar store or online or via tv.

• Sh
    Shiny! Jul 20, 2014

I, too, think the camera people are horrible- they are stuck on the item like an inch away, so it looks HUGE and it's really very small. I have asked and asked through customer service AND the reps that the camera people please show a quick long shot of the entire hand so we can judge more accurately the size of a ring. It rarely ever happens because they want you to think the ring is gargantuan! Also, I get very tired of the hosts acting like - that's a mistake, that should not be on this turntable for that price! Who do they think they're kidding? One of the hosts in particular, knows nothing about gemology, doesn't have anything to say that's educational about gemstones, and in fact, never even shows the side view or the undercarriage of a ring. All you are shown is the very top of the ring- it could be a brooch for all we know! Another hosts gets really rude and irritated when something doesn't sell right away. Well, maybe no one wants to spend $5000 on a turquoise ring at that moment! Ever think of that? Ebay is much better, cheaper, and they accept all returns, and cover each sale-no matter what happens- you get a full refund.

• Eb
    ebay yea! Aug 30, 2013

You fools, buy your stuff from ebay and pay thousands less. Where do you think they get it from ?????don't give them 3000.00 when you can get it on ebay for 300.00, trust me they are ripping you off. If I sold my stuff for what they do, I would be a million-aire, shop ebay !!!

Chris801 Aug 02, 2013

I watch this show every nite I like some of there stuff but they cost to much I cannot afford these prices and they don't have value pay or stretch pay which I think they should they might get more people to buy then I find same kind of ring cheaper ..I just which they would think of the people that are on fix income so I guess I will never get anything from them thanks for sharing your comment

• Je
    jendiller Apr 12, 2013

My complaints are basically things that "annoy" me. First, they constantly state "we have the best camera workers in the biz". I literally get slight headaches because they cant keep anything in focus. It never fails as soon as they change items they have to focus in (and I mean every time). I'm sorry but that never happens on any other "shopping networks". Second, this whole call in for a price and make a deal is just plain "sneaky" they know their bottom line so just say it. How hard would it be to just give a price on each piece when they are describing them. And different hosts will give different prices WTF? I'm the type of person that needs to "ponder" over my decision so having to call in for the price and only having a few seconds to decide is just too much for me (not to mention the cust. service rep is in high gear with the pressure). Another annoying, I mean pull your hair out annoying is when the hosts say something multiple times over and over and over right in a row...why why why? Not to mention the shouting. Gem Shopping if you fixed these things I know your business will grow.

• Ho
    holiday28 Mar 13, 2013

I disagree with all of the above. I have had several dealings with them and they have been fine to deal with.

Andi Creed Jul 31, 2018

@holiday28 Lucky you - the rest of us are pissed!

• Mi
    MinnieM Feb 25, 2013

It's been my experience that when there is a valid complaint/return regarding an item purchased with a Credit Card, a "dispute" may be filed with the bank/CC company. The charged amount will then not be included in the monthly amount due & will not accrue interest — pending refund from the merchant.

• St
    S.texas girl Feb 22, 2013

I also had a very bad experience with GSN, I bought a 1400.00$ set of Fancy Yellow Diamond earnings, well I got shipped a set of earnings that were a a different idem number than the one I thought I bought.i tapped the show and the earnings were .74 ct fancy yellow but the ones that were sent were.70 very faint yellow color, called customer service and was told they were going to watch the tape, they called back and told me I was right that the idem numbers were different and she would check it out more.then I was called back and told that they sold them all the time like that it might be .74 on the screen but you might only get .70ct. weights were not always correct.well I am not very happy with GSN at this time and they will have to send me the correct idem that I bought, I was told to call the show host and they would explain how this worked.well this is how it works, you buy a piece of jewelry and when you get it, it should be the same number and idem you bought, not the old BAIT AND SWITCH people beware

Maria Murray Nov 23, 2012

OMG! I was planning to purchase an emerald ring for my birthday for Gem shopping network, but all these negative complaints scare me away! Thank you guys for alerting me not to be fool. Merry Christmas!

• Ju
    just a past cudtomer Aug 09, 2012

"this should be selling for" then why are you selling it at less
    "that should not be on this turntable" so over used it is not any longer believable
    "for the last hour this turntable is now 1350" where all morning people have paid the 1500 in good faith
    "if this were {name the designer} it would be " but it's not so why even bring it up
    In other words the hype is so beyond belief by most of the hosts
    Before they were very uppity about gold usage etc but now they are selling sterling silver at outrageous prices and convincing naive buyers they are selling them the crown jewels.
    Yesterday the return of MARVIN who went away and sold on one of the "off the beaten path" jewelry channels hopefully it will help[ guys because daily you lose clients with the ### that is thrown around by ruder and ruder hosts.

• Sl
    slam3164 Jul 23, 2012

THEY JUST COME OFF AS DISHONEST WITH OUTRAGEOUS PRICES<<WHAT A JOKE!!!

• Fi
    Fitzy978 Jul 01, 2012

After "minimal" negotiation with the show host, I purchased an estate black opal and diamond ring set in patinum. It was a $6500 piece of jeweley. As part of my deal, the show host agreed to size it for free. I arranged to have the ring sent to me for inspection first (before sizing as sizing will make a purchase a "final" sale). After inspection, I made the proper arrangements to send the ring back to them for my free sizing. (Understand...they had my full payment for the ring.). Many weeks went by - then it was almost two months and they still did not send me my ring. I called weekly to check the status and was promised by their customer service group that it was on its way. I finally cancelled the order and luckily got a full refund and apology. This ring was quite expensive and they treated the situation like it was a key chain instead of a valuable piece of jewelry. I learned that there is a value buying through your local jeweler...where you can try on the piece and they will be more
    willing to negotiate the price - and sizing is done promptly. Going through Gem
    Shopping...you are just a "number". As a customer - they hold no value on what you spend or what you're buying. You are forced to go through layers of red tape. Their Customer Service Dept. is very small considering the volume of sales. The customer service reps are not alert to the orders and don't really know how to handle individual situations tailored to a customer's needs. Especially in those situations where customers are making very expensive purchases. It is also true that their opinion of value is just an "opinion". Every jeweler will have their own opinion on quality, good workmanship and rareity. Just because they say "Top Gem World Class" is their opinion. Consumers should be aware of the magnified camera shots of the jewelery. If you can see the model's skin pores...that will give you more realistic dimensions of the jewelry - indicating a very small piece of jewelry. Additionally, I would buy more jewelry from them...but thy really won't negotiate much on the price with you. I think they severely hurt themselves in that regard. I've made very reasonable offers - but they have lost sales worth thousands (literally) over as little as not coming down in price $100! Then I watch as they continue to show the same item on future shows over and over and the item never sells. They have not learned that the buyer sets the value - if no one's buying it...it's the price! Gem Shopping hasn't caught onto that yet.

• Fi
    Fillup40 Apr 05, 2012

I purchased a ring from them and was dissapointed also. I had to pay the return postage. Since them I have bought a a ring worth 5k at a jewerly store, where I could see it, hold it & haggel with a live person. TV plays tricks on the appearence of the items.

• Ri
    RiverKatt Feb 18, 2012

Looking at these complaints is not the worst thing I encountered with GemShopping, they refunded one of my purchases right away a few years ago ... it's the " Rip Off ' that SOME of their jewelers sell as special, rare ...etc and things SOME of their Sellers sold that were or could be bought on say ebay ( I'm talking ' Exactly ' the same too ! ) for a few dollars or even a few hundred but sold for THOUSANDS... even 10's of 1000's - drove me nuts !!! Now I just & also shop ebay :) !!!

• Ba
    bachspal Mar 17, 2011

I purchased a small parcel of sapphires that were very included in person. Some even had white stripes . It took 3 months for my money to return to my bank, of course, minus shipping both ways. Really, Gem Shopping has the highest prices on TV. The items look really good, but to get your money tied up with them is just unwise.

• Sh
    SHOPSMARTTODAY Mar 12, 2011

I too had an experience... to say the least a scam... I had 2 purchases. first was a Tanzanite- trillant, Kurt said it was top gem, I took to my jeweler and he said it had a chip on the table and that for it too be top gem, KURT was not a certified gem seller or he was blind(I felt horrible, i do educate myself on stones and the likelihood of good quality form books, TV and internet). I would have had to re-cut the stone and it would of made it much smaller- I sent back. The next was a color change garnet, (6 MONTHS LATER)I watched the show for months to get all the education before buying. I purchased and then call my jeweler, he said if I can cancel. there was no evidence that the stone I had purchased would be of a good grade(I explained the different colors of stones from dark to light)- it was lite, quite small i believe 90pt and was 2000.00, and did have some change as shown on TV... I did cancel- they gave me a hard time (THE WOMEN AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE EXTREMELY RUDE, NO CUSTOMER ORIENTED AND ARE STUCK ON NO!! NO! NO!... NOT WHAT CAN I DO TO ASSIST YOU !!!, I TOO WAS REP-REMANDED BY ERIN THE REP AND TOLD TO RESEARCH MY PRODUCT BEFORE I BUY... I DID, YOU SUCK LADIES AT GEM SHOPPING !!!) and then canceled me... you and i know if a company states you can return, gives no comment or in writing that you can not return, they are a hella scam company...THE REASON I PURCHASED FROM TV WAS OF COURSE FOR THE DEAL.. NEVER AGAIN.

• Ga
    GarbageTime Oct 27, 2010

I WILL NEVER AGAIN DO BUSINESS WITH THE GEM SHOPPING NETWORK!! STEER CLEAR!! SCAM!! I bought a ring from the Gem Shopping Network. At the time of purchase, we were told that it was returnable, however what we were not told was that we would have to pay a 20% restocking fee and wait 2 business cycles (60-90 days) for the returned funds. I spoke with a supervisor (Erin). I asked why this information was not explained at the time of purchase. In such a condescending way, she told me that it was my responsibility to do my due diligence via their website and investigate the return policy. I explained that I purchased the item on TV and did not have access to their policy. She told me that I should have gone to the public library. Seriously? Then I was told that the policy was on the invoice. Well, isn't that a bit after the fact? Then I asked who her supervisor was. She told me that she was the boss and had no supervisor. Really?

Bottom line, the Gem Shopping Network has many complaints about this very thing. I should have done my due diligence, because had I known what I now see, I would have never even went into business with them. I'll call it a lesson learned.

Do yourself a favor and stay away!

• Br
    brooke7965 Oct 11, 2010

I too have a bad experience with Gem Shopping Network.

My first and last purchase was made during an auction. Kurt was the host. The auction began at $1000.00 with $100.00 increments. It was supposed to be for a 3.7 WCG. I was the only bidder. During the sale pitch…this gem was touted to appraise for $9, 000.00. I bought the appraisal for an extra $75.00. (The appraisal was for a little over $2000.00)

I received the package and immediately saw the gem was not 3.7 cts, but a little over 1 ct. I immediately called and received a return verification number. To return this package with insurance cost $45.00. Plus I am out the $75.00 cost for the appraisal.

The tracking information indicates Duluth, GA GSN received my return on 9/30/2010. Today I called to see why my card had not been credited. They indicated that it takes 90 days to refund my credit card. In other words, it will be December 29th before I receive the credit on my card for my purchase.

It is hard to determine the quality of a purchase via television cameras. The consumer is at a disadvantage when cameras and lighting effects reflect positives and cover up the negatives. The shipping and handling cost and the cost to return and insure makes purchasing via television a gamble at the least. Essentially I gambled and lost shipping and handling both ways, plus insurance…and plus cost of appraisal. That is $145.00.

Never again. Once bitten, twice shy. I will have to take my chances paying retail in department stores.

• Ey
    eye opener Dec 27, 2009

I have too recently zap by gem shopping network. I have returned $3, 600.00 dollar champiagn diamond ring on september 9th, 2009, and confirmed delivered with their sigture on september 11th, 09, and as December 26th, 09 I'm yet to receive my balace of 1, 078.00. As someone have early indicated, gem shopping network prolong refund as long as they can so customer would buy another merchantize from them while waiting for their refund, in this way they make a money. Another thing for the costumers to remember is that, they (gem shopping network) have a tency to round up either the balance or refund credit turn into store credit without the approval of their customers, this happened to me personally. Gem Shopping Network also have a tency to hang up the calls on customers when they don't have a right answer. I'm sooo disappointed with them and it has been a eye opening experince in my part!!!

Happy Redhead Dec 08, 2017

@eye opener I've never had your experience. I've always returned a piece I didn't like and received a prompt refund for the exact price I paid less shipping. I've never asked for or been offered a store credit nor have I been given one.

Andi Creed Jul 31, 2018

@Happy Redhead Well, happy redhead we are happy for you! The rest of us have been ripped off and this silver fox is on it❤️

• Ne
    NEVER again!! Jul 08, 2009

Gem Shopping Network is an extremely big rip off.
    In this day an age when money is scare and paying customers scarcer, their stonewalling tactics and polices are outrageous.
    I had one item shipped to me for $72.10!! They are a dishonest company posing as a "Christian-based" company.
    I have received and had trouble getting my money back on defective merchandise and they actually have the audacity to say that I have "returned" too much and that my "credit rating" with them has dropped. This is one of the biggest scams going. I suggest calling Atlanta based Better Business Bureau as well as letting others know via word of mouth. The head of this company and his right hand man do not deal with customers. If they were a quality operation, they would stand by their merchandise, refund cheerfully and promptly and not be so hauty and holier than thou...
    What goes around comes around...make sure you let your credit card company know of your displeasure with this company. They are supposed to go to bat for you when you do not get a response.

Good Luck, forewarned is forearmed!!

Happy Redhead Dec 08, 2017

@NEVER again!! The shipping charge is higher because it is for two day FexEx insured in most cases. I have never had a long wait on any return even when I have been disappointed in the piece of jewelry. If you return too much they say on their website they will bar you from future orders. They are not in the lend a jewelry piece business. IMO if you do your homework on what gemstone or item you are interested in it will greatly enhance your ability to choose only what will make you happy.

• Pe
    Pebble puppy Apr 22, 2019

@NEVER again!! I'm curious, what gives you the impression that this is a "Christian based company"? I never hear them talk about religion or God or anything like this? Did I miss something? There's another network on TV with low end jewelry that definitely let's hosts talk about this so that's why I asked.

• Ce
    Cee Gee May 09, 2009

I purchased what I thought was a south seas white pearl ring. When I called to purchace it the graphics on display said south seas. I also asked the operator to read back to me the description. She said south seas. When I received the item the tag said cultured, no mention of south seas. I know there
    is a difference in price from a cultured and south seas pearl. I feel I was bait and switched. I sent them two e-mails asking them to respond and have had no reply. This is over a week ago, and they state they will respond within 24 hours. Be careful, this is the second time I have received something different from the description.

Happy Redhead Dec 08, 2017

@Cee Gee Almost all South Sea pearls are cultured. Multiple times David has shown videos of the process used to create the pearls. By the way those videos are part of a documentary done by the Smithsonian on the Paspaley Pearl Company that David works with to bring beautiful pearls. The price of a natural South Sea pearl is extremely high as they are rare. Hope this helps. I am not affiliated with GSN in any way just a happy customer.

• jamesisajeweler Apr 02, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own educational jewelry discussions here. I'm reading your complaint and i'd like to ask you WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A HIGH RATE OF RETURNS FROM ONLINE ORDERS YOU MAKE?

In my opinion if you're having such a bad experience with online shopping i suggest you stop shopping online and start going into a jewelry store to make your purchases. I have an online jewelry webstore and i've NEVER had a return of my jewelry for as long as i've had my 2 jewelry webstores. I also suggest you educate yourself on the jewelry or gemstones you're trying to buy before you start using your credit cards or cash to obtain them.

I tell my clients this "MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY FOR & KEEP BEFORE YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH ME" because i'm not in the business of loaning my jewelry for a temporary payment, and that's exactly what your credit card transactions look like in my opinion. You're ordering jewelry only to send it back for a FULL REFUND and that to me is really not a good way to spend your time or money.

• Mi
    MissSue Jan 05, 2019

@jamesisajeweler Hey "James the jeweler". Two returns don't seem to be a lot of returns so why are attacking this person and making assumptions about her or him? You also might want to take a grammar class before writing comments online. The words you need to learn how to spell are " I'm " and "I"...