GameStopbad returns

M

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Ur
    u racist compl Aug 20, 2009

i was going to gamestop to sell in my xbox 360 an I forgt I needed to be over the age of 18 so I had my friend come from walmart who was 18. he said they close at 9:00 an it was 8:57 an I grabed the door handle an he grabed the other side an pulled it shut when my 18 yr old friend was right next to me an he closed the door in my face.

Dan87 Aug 13, 2009

Oh, and good luck getting used games or deals like buy 2 get 1 free at Best Buy.

Dan87 Aug 13, 2009

First obvious solution: don't ever buy a used console, from anyone, ever.

Second: it IS your fault. Your 360 needs proper airflow and if your 360's are red lighting that much then I'm willing to bet that you have it in an entertainment center or it's sitting on carpet...

Dan87 Aug 13, 2009

There was nothing in the case because you took a display case up to the counter for a new release when you should have just asked the associate at the counter for the game. I'll give it to you that they should have checked the case and put the game inside or given you a sealed copy but people do make mistakes and you have to take in to account that the associate could have been really busy or even new.

Also a very simple solution to your problem would be to go back up to the store and tell them you didn't get your game, they will do a 30 second inventory check and then hand you your game. Problem solved.

And as for the used games, people do go to the counter and ask for a specific game, and sometimes the case cannot be found, especially for something like GameCube that's in a dump bin and not perfectly alphabetized, so they sell the game without the case. No big deal.

• Ny
    NYC Gamer Aug 12, 2009

A few weeks ago, I purchased a game (Left For Dead XBOX 360)which was sold to me as new. However, when I opened it the box was empty! I paid $60 for nothing!! I will be making a major complaint to the manager tomorrow! This is infuriating!!

Prior to this, I attempted to purchase 2 used games (Amazing Island for the GameCube & Diego Safari Rescue for the Wii) inside the GameStop store on Atlantic Ave in Ozone Park, NY. The boxes were on the shelves which means the games should be in stock. However, when I handed them to the cashier she could not find the game discs! Very suspicious if you ask me!

They have officially lost me as a customer!! Three strikes and your out baby! Best Buy here I come...

macdrebonics Jul 20, 2009

ive had the same thing happn i have had to take my xbox back about 5 times and every time i get it, it redlights and the worst part is now i cant even take it back because when i do they tell me its my fault it keeps redlighting and tried to tell me that things like this never happen oh and by the way every time my xbox redlighted and i had to get a new one and was forced to pay another 20 warranty fee so basically now im out an xbox and about 100 dollars in warranty protection anyways i have basically stopped going to gamestop and recommend nobody buy any consoles from one of there stores because its not worth getting fd out of ur money

• Sh
    shari7669 Jul 08, 2009

My son took a brand new playstation 3 with 15 games to one of our local Gamestop stores and traded it for an XBOX 360. He gave Gamestop $700 worth of games and console equiptment and received $181.89 For it. This is really not the problem I have. Although, to give that much to a company and literally get peanuts back is ridiculous. My problem is, we are only in July and I have had to visit every store in my local area because the original Xbox he received got the red ring of death less than a month after he got it. He is now on his 8th console within a three month span. All for the same problem. This company obviously does nothing to ensure the consules they're giving to their customers are in working condition. I have been ripped off! I have contacted Gamestop via email on 04/25/09 with my conserns and explained what was happening. I never received a response from anyone. This morning I called the customer service number, because he I am again with the red ring of death, and a representative gave me the number to the District Manager, Mr. Rodriguez. He is out of the office until July 31st. His voice mail gives a number for a Jay Hernandez. I called that number. It goes to a fax machine. Obviously, customer satisfaction and concerns is not a priority for this company. I've sent emails which have been ignored, Managers leave for a month at a time, and Managers that are to be filling in, send calls to fax, so they don't have to deal with them.

AngryLlama Apr 25, 2009

You guys put bad comments about customers in your computers? Wow. My roommate worked there for a while and he'd have been fired if he was caught doing that, haha.

But yeah, you put money down for them to ship you one, a FREE service because the money comes off of the price of the game.

You know how much they charge you to hold it for 48 hours? Nothing. Zilch. Again, that $5 comes off of the price of the game, a completely free service that only requires a down payment.

You know how much people charge to hold stuff for more than 48 hours? It's a branch of business referred to as "storage." Usually you'll see mini-storage lots, somewhere in town. But again, do you know how much it is?

NOT FREE. "NOT FREE" is the cost of storage time. And you got the FREE plan, not the NOT FREE plan. So SHUT THE HELL UP and get over it. You wanted someone to hold it, you should've bought it and given your uncle $20 to keep it hidden in his attic.

AngryLlama Apr 25, 2009

If you're going to hate, hate everyone equally. Customers, fellow gamestop employees, people on this board, etc.

There are a ton of stupid GameStop employees. I mean a TON. LOTS. But for every one of them, there's customers twenty fold. It's not the GameStop customers fault. It's the American customers fault. It's just that retail and food service see these customers rear their ugly heads far more than other businesses. If someone feels like it's your job to provide them not only with a product, but with a service, you get a lot of flak. And they're usually as big of a dick about it as they can be.

AngryLlama Apr 25, 2009

Unfortunately unless it's closely monitored, a lot of times when something goes up on a website that's hot, tons of people will be "pending." Way more than they have stock for. So a lot of people who "snagged" a pre-order end up with nothing.

You weren't billed, and it sucks you didn't get it. You can try to file a formal complaint, but you probably won't get anywhere. GameStop doesn't make Wii Fit, they sell it. Pre-orders are like a huge waiting list, and they want to be sure that if at all possible, you get one. Well, you didn't because, it wasn't at all possible. They got zero of your money, and they're wasting THEIR money by talking to you in customer service about it, seeing as your lack of a purchase is paying NONE of their payroll.

Nintendo didn't give them enough to meet the demand requested. GameStop will politely accept your complaint, tell you they will look into it and try to resolve it, and then ball up that jot in their notebook and toss it in the trash with the rest of the Wii Fit /Mario Kart/Wii system complaints.

They apologized. And that sounds pretty adequate as far as a (customer service vs amount spent by you) ratio. Apologies are seldom free.

• Gh
    GHguy Mar 29, 2009

So i had reserved guitar hero metallica and they had promised if you reserved the game you get the double bass. they never told the people that while supplies last. and i went there they said sorry its only while supplies last and i had gone with my friend at 12:00 pm he got the petal and i go two hours later sorry not in stock so they gave me a mother $^@$*^% poster that says guitar hero metallica and my dad had said your gonna ###in hear thils

• Dy
    dyce1200 Mar 03, 2009

I agree completely, if your going to come on this website and defend yourself thats fine but have some dignity while you go about it, oh my bad, you work at gamestop, you probably don't know what that is eh? Gamestop employees should really stay off this website, after all no one likes hearing a pissy 20 year old with the IQ of a 3rd grader ### about a customers complaints

• Fr
    Frankie Mar 02, 2009

I don't understand how you could pre-order something that was already released. The other commenter is right, you did not lose money, you were made aware of the cancellation. Instead of complaining here be proactive and try to speak to someone in charge about what can be done to get you a Wii Fit. I know it's frustrating, it took a month of more of waiting on backorder to get my Wii.

• Ol
    Oliver Feb 17, 2009

YOU CANNOT COUNT ON GAMESTOP.COM!!

Ordered a pair of gift certificates as x-mas gifts for my niece and nephew on Dec 17th, in PLENTY time for x-mas, considering they are simply virtual gift certificates to be EMAILED to me by the 25th! Well, guess what. They weren't received, even after I checked up on the problem several days before x-mas. On the 25th, still no emailed gift certificates, and the company's customer service dept was closed, naturally, so my niece and nephew were out of luck. Seeing as how I actually had talked to the company several times between the day of my order and the 23rd, I feel like I've MORE than given them a shot.

• Fr
    freddie Feb 16, 2009

wow kinda sad seeing gamestop employees come up and having to defend themselves for their practices and not only just defending it actually getting offended by it. sure there's the whole pride thing but you're not getting any compensation in defending and in fact making yourself look worse when you're calling people dumb or incompetent. That might actually give people a reason not to go to gamestop so stop being ### and either just give constructive criticism or just shut up cause you're only making yourself look like an ###.

bdennis02 Feb 13, 2009

hmm whats the problem. they put the money back on ur card.. didnt charge u and u got an email saying you arent getting an item that is very hard to find.. 3 words.. ### off ###

• Sh
    Shye Bogan Feb 12, 2009

I ordered the Wii Fit Bundle on February 01 2017 as a pre-order to be shipped on February 06 2017, after trying for months to find the Wii Fit and Wii Balance Board. I got the e-mail confirmation saying that my order would ship. On February 11 2017 I found that my order was cancelled. I contacted them and they said that were sorry, but they are now out of stock and cannot help me. They didn't give me a reason for the cancellation. I'm looking for how to contact the headquarters directly so that I can file a formal complaint.

bdennis02 Jan 20, 2009

how do you know the person was a tool? maybe they were an instrument. or maybe you were a real d bag to the associate that helped you. i work at gamestop and we put things in the comments about customers.. they might have had it all along and you werent kind and curtiest. think about that next time u ask for a burger extra cooked or something stupid.. u might get a little more than you bargin for

bdennis02 Jan 20, 2009

thank you eddie. . im from store 2863.. .. and your exactly right... help me shut up stupid people on this site taking bad about the company. i disagree with the post.. but agree with eddie's answer becuase it is 100% true. .

• Ia
    Ian Jan 07, 2009

• Kr
    krissy Dec 04, 2008

did u ever get a copy? we have one available at our store ($1605). collector's edition. if ur interested, have the local store call u and ask us for an inter-store xfer. keep in mind tho, that after 48 hours of the game's release date, your copy CAN be sold from the store!! yes, the reservation is there for people who want it WHEN IT COMES OUT. we can not hold an innumerable amount of stock for an indeterminable date, just because someone has $5 down on in, when it could be sold to someone IN STORE, with money in hand. - that's just business.. =

• Ed
    Eddie Dec 03, 2008

Lol you saw wrong bro... There is a difference between a release date and street date. Street dates are actual dates we "at gamestop" have to go by. That means if the date is the 15th we did in fact recieve the game in early. Then we put it out on the shelves or hold it behind the counter till we do. So its the 15th the game was street dated.. Boom we got it ready for ya. Now if the game doesent have the little thing we call a street date it has a release date. That means if our reserve list says its out the 15.. thats the day its shipped to us buddy. Sometimes they come in early and we will put it on shelves early just like we did with Skate 2 btw. So im betting your never asked about the technical things behind the dating process.. you've been schooled so dont throw a little emo kid hissy fit all over the net anymore

• Ed
    Eddie Dec 03, 2008

Well sir.. did you pick it up in the alloted 48 hours or did you wait two weeks.. We dont keep games for everyone forever.. We would'nt have enought room

johnexel30 May 19, 2008

I would to complain about my preorder of the MMO "Age of Conan" Collectors Edition. It seems that a randolph gamestop employee sold my reservation. Now let me have you in mind that its the Collectors edition, and that you can not really find it anywhere now. I waited months for the reservation to get my special items, but no, a stupid randolph, nj gamestop employee sold it away to some tool. I am going to try my hardest to get a collectors edition from them or at least some compensation for such horrid reservation service.