Having problems with Frigidaire?

1800 374 4432 (Customer Service)
2715 Washington Rd
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

buyer beware

We purchased a vacuum cleaner for $2600 on the afternoon of monday may 22, 2008. We returned it the following morning. They would not issue a refund. The sales agreement which they provided, and which I signed at the time of purchase, specifically stated that we were allowed 3 days in which to return the product. Regardless of the existence of this agreement, they continue to refuse to issue the refund and have also refused to even submit the denial in writing. I am pretty sure that they are doing this to stall us until the 3-day period expires. I have mailed, faxed and emailed written
Demand for the refund (to prove that the return was requested within the allowable time period), and have filed a dispute with our visa. However, due to the way that this company has acted, I wanted to also file complaints with every consumer organization that I can find so that other people will be aware of this situation before they go in and impulsively purchase a ridiculously expensive vacuum cleaner.

Also, the national company has been elusive and unresponsive when contacted. Presumably, they condone this activity. There is a cult-like atmosphere surrounding this company. Buyer beware!!!

JAFVALUE Jul 23, 2009

I have the same problem in kingston pa. I bought a vacuum for over $1, 000. it recently broke and the wires were frayed. they blamed and accused us for the defect and told us we have to pay for the repair. buyers beware aerus is bogus its not the electrolux you once had. your better off buying and older used model on ebay. I have an older one it will not quit.

• Su
    sucksuck Jul 16, 2012

They are a great company, but like all other companies, it depends on who you deal with. If you had a bad time at a burger place, would you stop going to all of them? Franchises are owned by individuals, and as with everything else, you have good, and bad people. I would suggest that you deal with a different franchise in the future.

scam and lies

I'm filing on behalf of my mother, and the washer and dryer she bought from Frigidaire just a couple of years ago.

She bought a matching washer and dryer set, new, from a local appliance dealer. The set was aesthetically pleasing, came with a one year warranty and was sure to be the answer to all of our washer and dryer needs. We'd soon find out otherwise.

She purchased them in the month of December, and within weeks, the washer had begun to make strange noises. Over a short period of time, the noise became louder, and upon inspecting it, my mother soon had figured out that a factory defect in the motor has caused the main spindle to snap, thus knocking a hole in the tub. The kitchen was flooded!

So, here we are, a few short months after the purchase, with a non-functioning washer. But that was ok-- afterall, we had a one year warranty, right? Wrong.

The local dealer wanted nothing to do with the problem, he refused to contact the company but insisted that my mother do so. Upon contacting the company, (and for the sake of report length, I'll omit the length of time it took to actually get a response from them), they told my mom that it was her problem, and that if she wanted to purchase a new one from them, they would give her a small, and almost worthless, discount.

Our repairman even tried to discuss the issue with them, though ultimately, his word didn't matter to them, either. He explained the problem to my mother, and confirmed that it was a factory defect that caused the entire situation.

In the end, the company didn't care, they provided no warranty as promised and my mother had to buy a new washer. Needless to say, she didn't buy anything from them!

As for the dryer, aside from a strange discoloring that no one can explain, it has behaved almost properly-- at least we haven't had to replace it yet. I guess it could be the ghost of scorned Fridigaire customers passed.

flooded house

An Electrolux Washer was delivered to my “brand new” home one day after closing escrow. Within a few days, the Electrolux Washer flooded my upstairs (location of laundry room) and downstairs. The cause of the flooding was a defective cold water valve that allowed the water to flow without control. The defective cold water valve was a known issue to Electrolux during two days of production, but the defective units were not recalled or repaired. Thus far, Electrolux has not accepted responsibility for the damages, and my “brand new” home has mold and flood damage throughout. As a result, significant portions of my “brand new” home have to be gutted, professionally cleaned by mold experts and rebuilt over the next 2 to 6 months. I will have limited use of my “brand new” home during this period as a result of the defective Electrolux Washer. MORE UNITS ARE OUT THERE, SO BE CAREFUL.

poor quality in product & service

I purchased a Electrolux Oxygen3 February 2007. In January 2008 the left wheel broke off. I took it in for...

broken and loud

I purchased a new Frigidaire refigerator.Within the first month the freezer was not getting cold.A tech came out and repaired it.The plastic shelves (3 of them ) have snapped and broken.If you open the door too quick the bottom plastic guard on the bottom self falls off, sending condiments flying onto the floor.It runs really loudly and at least every few minutes does this obnoxious clicking sound .I hate it and will never buy another frigidaire appliance as long as I live! I regret it and will buy a new refrigerator as soon as i can afford it but for now I'm stuck with this lousy, annoying, broken, and inadequate product!!!

Chris Polk Mar 27, 2009

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on www.complaintsboard.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look into this matter. In order to do so, please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter. Again I regret your disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

• Jb
    j. brewst Jun 04, 2010

Don't knowwhat this complaint was about, but I hate my $9000 worth of electrolux appliances as well. Less than two years old and the ice maker is freezing up and the microwave light is already out. [email protected]

• Fr
    fran boguski Jul 27, 2011

I have the same issue except my draswers are all just balancing on each other and the shelves are wobbly and stuff falls out all the time. Waste of money!!!

worst appliances on the planet

Who is the CEO of Frigidaire? He should be ashamed of himself, to allow these products on the market! I...

manufacturer's defect

In September of 2008, I bought a Frigidaire cooktop. After using it several times I took the drip pans off to clean them and noticed that the paint underneath had chipped. I then noticed that the drip pans on the bottom had not been finished in the manufacturing process. We went back to the store and looked at the store model and the drip pans and the finish were the same on both sides. The book that came with the cooktop says to clean it with soap and water and a paper towel. But since it was never finished properly it is hard to get food off of it. The burner grates also have the paint coming off because they weren't finished right. Even on the bottom of one of the drip pans you can see four fingerprints where someone in the manufacturing process grabbed the unfinished drip pan.

I contacted the company and they said it was a cosmetic issue and is not covered. I disagreed because it is a flaw in the manufacturing process not something I did to the unit. They gave me a list of three appliance repair companies and said that if I called ONE of them and they came out and agreed that it was a manufacturer's issue that they would replace the cooktop. So I took time off from work and had a repairman come out. He totally agreed with me and said it was a flaw in the manufacturing process and that the drip pans and the rest of the unit had not been finished correctly. He said he would replace it, but then called Frigidaire to report what he found and a technical person said it was cosmetic and not covered. The repairman said he couldn't do anything for me. I then called Frigidaire customer care, which is a joke, and was told to get a second opinion. I find it funny that they don't believe the first appliance repair company that they sent me to. I didn't pick this repair company, they did. I said that I now have to take time off from work AGAIN to have a second repair company come out to tell me the same thing and then what, Frigidaire will dispute that too.

I can't believe that Frigidaire won't back up the manufacturing of its products. I think they are trying to give me the run around so I'll just give up. Not going to happen. This is a manufacturer's defect, said so by the repair company not just me, and not a cosmetic issue. I called the second repair company and told them what happened and they couldn't believe that Frigidaire wouldn't believe the repair company. Customer service, where has it gone? I bought what I thought was a great brand name and now I think Frigidaire's brand is flawed as badly as its merchandise. Beware if you buy a Frigidaire product, get ready to go down this long and frustrating road.

• Go
    Googlie goo May 15, 2009

We had the same problem with out stovetop - the tops of the racks were finished but not the bottom. The first time we tried cleaning it, the bottoms were already rusty. From your experience, I guess the lesson for me is not to bother having someone come look at it and asking Frigidaire to replace them. This is our first home and thus first experience with appliances. Both the frigidaire products we have (a heat pump, also) are very poor quality and are prone to all sorts of issues. My husband and I both have a lot of brand loyalty if something works well. This is, unfortunately, not one of the companies we'll be purchasing from again!

Chris Polk Jun 11, 2009

• Do
    Don't buy Frigidare Dec 14, 2009

FYI, Chris Polk doesn't exist, someone at the company keeps posting that same message on all the boards whenever there is a complaint however NOTHING is ever done

• Je
    Jeff Jiron Aug 27, 2015

I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator that has had issues since it was about 6 months old. The units ice production was very slow for several months and them began to freeze up and completely stopped working. When I was finally able to get help from Frigidaire/Electrolux they sent me nothing more than a piece of insulation (about 2.5 inches thick) that I did have installed by a professional tech. My "now" major issue is that I purchased this refrigerator 'only" because of its counter depth feature - to fit cleanly with the $25, 000 worth of kitchen cabinets I put in. NOW- my once counter depth refrigerator is no longer counter depth and looks horrible. Frigidaire/Electrolux has told me that they are not willing to do anything else and that I had to deal with it - poor customer service - wouldn't allow me to talk to a supervisor either. The difference in the cost of the counter depth refrigerator vs. non-counter depth is significant - all I want is what I paid for. Very disappointed after spending over $5, 000 on appliances. Have had Frigidaire in the past with no issues but will never purchase from Frigidaire or Electrolux again - and will do my research to make sure I do not buy any appliance affiliated with them. Chris Polk is fictitious -

bad bad quality and service

I bought a Frigidair, the worst buy ever !!!
After only 3 months a part of the motor burned, after one year I start notice some dark pots on the varnish, the second year the spots were bigger and bigger, so I called the company.
Firs I've been told to call other departments, which I did, finally after several calls I found someone that was suppose to give me some answer. He asked me if I had dogs... !!! ??? Funny question I thought, and then he wrote me on a email that maybe my dog might be pissing on the fridge ... weird idea, beside the fact that no dog can pee 9 feet high. I've been trying to have someone giving me an answer including
Mr. kenneth.[protected]@electrolux.com which was the person supposed to analyze what the problem was I tried from December 2007 until March 2008, and than it was clear enough that they had no intention to give me an answer, or respond of such a bad bad product.
Then to a certain point it wasn't cooling anymore and for 3 times I had to throw everything away, because everything in the freezer was defrosted, including lobster and other expensive food. That was the sensor that gives the command to defrost when there is too much ice on the radiator.
A while after the door was falling off, fortunately I'm good in fixing stuff, and I did.
Now after only 3 years the fridge is all rusted with big spots. I have a very nice house, and this junk in the kitchen looks very bad, and when I have someone visiting I feel ashamed.
So now I'll have to change it... But if you planning to buy a fridge don't buy Electolux Frigidaire, never.
If you want to see some nice pictures look here:
or search in:
www.picasa.com for Electrolux bad products Frigidaire

Chris Polk Feb 11, 2009

• Fa
    Farmgirl34 Apr 15, 2009

I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer in Aug. 2008. My previous freezer (Sears Coldspot) died at 40 yrs. of age, and it never had any problems. On Apr 06, 2009 the new freezer stopped working. Ever since I have been getting the run around from Electrolux. I have called them every day. I get someone in a foreign country, and it is difficult to understand them due to their accents. Each time they ask for the same info that I have already given them, even though I also give them my "reference" number. After several days they called to tell me that someone will be out to look at it on Apr 14. I ask my work to have off that day. On Apr 13, I called Electrolux to get the name and number of the repair place, so I can find out what time they are coming. I called the place and they have no record of it. They said Electrolux normally faxes the info to them and they had not received anything. I once again called Electrolux. In her thick accent, the woman replied, "ma'am, we don't send faxes." We went back and forth about this for a few minutes, she told me to call them back the next day. I told her that I had been calling them for the past week, and they needed to straighten this out and call me back. The lady said they would call me the next day ( Apr 14). As of 1000am Apr 14, I had not heard from Electrolux. I tried calling them and reached a recording telling me that they were experiencing technical difficulties and to call back in 4 hours! This is ridiculous. As of today, Apr 15, Electrolux still has not called. What kind of customer service is this? I purchased a freezer at a local store yet when problems arise, I have to deal with people in foreign countries who don't know what they are doing. It is now almost two weeks later, I am left with a broken 8 month old freezer and loss of food, and Electrolux is absolutely no help at all. I will never purchase any of their products again. I honestly believe that today, things are not made to last. They are made cheaply, so that they breakdown and you have to buy a new one, so the big, impersonal companies can fill their pockets with your hard-earned money.

front load washer poorly engineered.

This is the worst company and product I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. It started with...

extended warranty

I have been paying for an extended warranty on a refrigerator for 13 years. My icemaker is no longer operational and they no longer make the replacement part. After 2+ months, they finally agreed to pay 70% of a new refrigerator. I bought a comparable unit, sent them all of my paperwork and continue to get a royal runaround! Service? I don't think so. I have never been treated so poorly and will be amazed if they ever send me a check.

Save your money - and don't deal with Electrolux!

unreliable junk

I bought a beautiful stainless refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and stove unit thinking I was getting better than cheap junk. I was wrong. The refrigerator door dispensor electronics went bad the first day home! Lowe's swapped it out for me. Then the thing sprung a leak and put water all over my floor. That was fixed. Then the electronics went out and spoiled my food. That was fixed. Then something else went wrong (too many problems, I can't remember the fourth!) I asked to have the lemon replaced and they refused. Then my range oven started dripping betwen the glass. You have to disassemble the door to fix it, and it is back within a week. Then my microwave turntable and wave generator went bad. I repaired that. Then the high voltage power supply and the reflector went bad. The store that fixed it said they dropped the brand because they didn't want to lose customers. Don't buy a Frigidaire. It is not even made by Frigidaire.

flush mount dishwasher ruins cabinets

I bought a frigidaire flush mount dishwasher only to find that steam escapes from the sides of the machine which ruined my cabinets β€” it bubbled up the finish (They were from ikea β€” the kind that are wrapped in a plasticy coating) and it cracked off.

The worse part was actually dealing with frigidaire/electrolux customer service. I spoke with them 6 -10 times (Often waiting for long periods) over a period of 6 months or so and each time they had no record of my previous calls. We had 4 service calls. Finally after reaching an actual manager and threatening a law suit they replace the unit.

Guess what?... Same problem. They will not refund nor will the dealer.

fraudulent grants in your name

My 18yr old daughter recieved a letter in the mail, supposidly endorced my electrolux. This is a mail scam, they send a check for 3, 950.30 to their victim. Staating they have won a grant,, that the victims name was drawn and a random drawing for a purchase they made a year ago, the victim then calls a phone no. And is given directions to deposit the check and send an individual, 1950.00 via money gram or western union. This is a scam. I am letting you know that theodre reece @ 10401 foster ave, brooklyn ny 11236, is using your name to rip people off for thousands of dollers. My daughter is unemployed and in deep financial straits as is the rest of my family, this hurt her so deeply, she really thought she was going to be a big help to us financially, I am just glad I stopped to have her investigate this matter before she got scammed.

washing machine damaged within 1 month

My Dad bought a brand new washing machine in duty free philippines. within a month and a half the machine stopped working. My family members had called the Frigidaire Service Center but till now nobody had comed and fixed it. so basically they just ignored our complaint. this is a serious matter and should the company must give attention to this one, so many times my mom, sister, aunt had called up! till now nobody had given action. I'm working in Dubai so I cannot solve the problem either. I hope this complain will reach not only the management of Frigidaire Philippines but also Dutyfree Philippines.

customer service

purchased six electrolux icon appliances for my kitchen. Both the icemaker and the 36" gas range cooktop are defective out of the box. Icemaker doesn't make ice and the gas range has a gas leak and is unusable. For 2 months I have been promised repair then replacement by various supervisors. Still same broken products. This is the worst customer service I have ever been involved with.

• Re
    Really Cooked Feb 09, 2010

I've had similar experience with Electrolux service.
    It's hard to conceive that any company could have worse service.
    I've also discovered to my dismay that their authorized service techs (independent companies)
    suffer terrible problems with Electroclux too.

On the flip side I've discovered that Sub Zero has FANTASTIC service.
    Purchasing a Zub Zero frig was a huge investment for us but their design was the only one that worked for me.
    I never would have worried about the expense had I known Sub Zero has such GREAT service.
    They were spectacular in helping with installation due to design issues with our cabinetry.
    They know me the minute I call and offer additional tips and support I didn't know would help or think to ask.
    Every company should emulate Sub Zero's customer support.
    Sub Zero has won a customer for life.

On the dark side is Electrolux--they seem determined to avoid any support of any kind whatsoever and they torture you in the process by transferring you all over the place only to get back to the same mean operator.
    If you haven't purchased Electrolux you're lucky--stay that way and avoid problems by avoiding Electrolux.

• Ri
    ritaz Jun 03, 2011

I have had their appliance repair services out 4 times for the same problem and it is still not fixed...and the refrigerator is not even 1 1/2 year old yet! The service people asked me for my owner's manual because they were not familiar with Electrolux appliances!
    I spoke with another customer service rep last night about the on going ice maker problem and asked for a supervisor to call me and so far I have not heard from them.
    Please people, do not buy Electrolux appliances. You will be sorry.

replacement

After purchasing a compact fridge for college on 8/9/08 we found that the freezer door was broken when moving in. I moved in on the 24 and I called after that weekend to get it fixed. Well after trying very hard to understand the representative I was given a reference number and a dealer to call to have my fridge fixed. After calling a setting up an appointment and awaiting 2 weeks and nice repair man came from Jake's Appliance and took a look at my problem. Which was a broken door that was causing everything to freeze. He said that they would order a part and get it in here and repair my fridge. A month and a half later I called the appliance place back to be told that my part wasnt in but will be rush delivered and I would have a fixed fridge in no time. Well a week later I called asking about it and I was told that they dont repair compact fridges after the women called frigidaire and was told that. Well after calling back with my new reference numer frigidaire was still completely unhelpful and is still giving me the run around. Now they are saying that I need to get in touch Lowes after they never told me that in the beginning and they never told me that the mini fridge is an automatic replacement. Well Luckily three months later and it's cold now so who needs a working fridge. Well still no help so here is a tip to all "DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE products..there quality and customer service SUCK!!!"

bad product, bad service

This is the worst dishwasher I have ever owned! My dishes won't come clean at all unless I run it at the "Ultimate Scrub" setting that runs for over 2 hours! Think of the energy we are wasting. Even then, I get a couple of dishes that don't come clean. I have to practically wash everything before loading this thing. I have been putting up with this for over a year. I finally called Electolux (the manufacturer) and they say it's not thier problem. I have to contact Best Buy again and schedule another service. Best Buy has been wonderful so far. They come out repeatedly to try different things to try and get this thing to perform better and they have finally told me that there really isn't anything they can do other than give me another one just like it. I will never buy another product made by Electolux! I advise you to check and see who is the manufacturer for your products when considering appliances in the future. Electolux manufactures for a lot of the companies who just put thier name on it and you are stuck with the worst products I have ever seen.

dangerous products

There is a website dedicated just to this subject- It's called frigidairesucks.ca
here is a link to the site where I have posted my story in the "range" section. I am tadpolegal, and this is the link:

Lets let the world know how they suck!

rip off

Frigidaire does not honor their mail in rebate program. I purchased a kitchen full of appliances and qualified for a $250 rebate. I got a check for $25. What makes the whole situation maddening however is that there is no easy way to contact them in order to press them. They have consumers use a snail mail address for correspondence. There are are email or phone numbers. My snail mail got usually got ignored and when it didn't it took weeks to get response that offered no closure.

Hopefully this will discourage people from buying some Frigidaire products and teach them a lesson...

Chris Polk Nov 04, 2008

Sales, rebates and other promotional offers are only available at participating dealers. Frigidaire does not maintain a list of which dealers may be participating in any given offer.
    For more assistance with rebates please contact the Dealer Rebate Department at 800-572-8045.

poor product / poor guarantee

My dryer, barely used, almost burnt my house down. I went downstairs one day and noticed a burnt smell and tracked it to the dryer which was not being used. But, the body of the dryer was smoking hot. After unplugging the dryer, I let it cool down and tore it apart to test it, because it was just over the one year warrenty. I found the element was on even though the main controls were off !!! I called several reapair shops and was qouted around $200.00 for the service trip and parts. Well the part alone was $160.00. I emailed the Canadian Factory rep, told them the issue with a barely used unit and they basically told me too bad so sad, go get it fixed !! No help, no concern, did not give a dam about product quality. I guess they felt they had our money already so why bother. Well, I struck back. I went out and bought a LG dryer from Home Depot. Never again will I support this company. And just think about all the bad advertising they are going to get, rather than helping a customer out. Their call, they can live with it.

• Am
    Amy Flock Oct 02, 2014

The Electrolux Front Loader Washing Machine (EIFLS60LSS0) purchased in 2013 is destroying my clothes.
    It rips towels, and causes pilling on my clothes. They look old and worn. I have resorted to hand washing clothes
    that I don't want destroyed.. The Electrolux Company is unable to help me resolve the issue. They will only pay for parts replacement but won't diagnosis the parts that need to be replaced. BYERS BEWARE. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND NIT BUYING AN ELECTROLUX FRONT LOADER WASHING MACHINE.

• On
    Online_Outreach_SPC Oct 06, 2014

Hello Friend,

On behalf of Frigidaire, please except our humble apologies on your recent frustrating experience.

Please allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence. We never wish such inconveniences upon our consumers and want to research your history with us. If you will, kindly contact us at SocialCare(at)Frigidaire.com with your full name in the subject line and all contact and product information in your email body.

Your concern will be reevaluated with our complete and full attention. We hear your voice and thank you for taking your time to share your important feedback, and again, our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience.

Best regards

Outline Outreach Specialist

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices