Menu
Freddy’s Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Freddy’s
reviews and complaints

www.freddys.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.9 47 Reviews

How responsive is Freddy’s's customer service?

9 Resolved
20 Unresolved
A rare visitor 🌥️
We'd love to see Freddy’s on ComplaintsBoard more often, showing their successful complaint resolution. But that's not happening yet, unfortunately. For reviewers, this means staying cautious and reading reviews from other customers (including the few already resolved ones) to understand the potential outcomes. If you get in touch with Freddy’s, be persistent and note all important details during communication.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Freddy’s has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Freddy’s diners reviews and complaints 47

Filter reviews by rating
5 reviews
13 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Freddy’s reviews and complaints

B

Freddy’s The “I’m Here” system is GARBAGE

App refuses to send the order to the restaurant until you’re literally in the parking lot according to your phone’s GPS location. As if that weren’t annoying enough because you have no way of ordering ahead, it doesn’t reliably detect if you’re close enough or not and will just refuse to allow you to check in.

OH! And as a bonus, you’re not allowed to use the drive through, you’re required to go inside. Even though, as I type, there is literally a sign in front of my car that reads “please check in on the app, we’ll bring your order to you”.

2 stars instead of 1 just because I like this restaurant and mobile ordering generally enough to just suffer through, but ffs please fix these idiotic problems. Whoever is in charge of the design of the workflow with this app should be fired.

M

Freddy’s Terrible service

First visit: overcharged and took an act of Congress to get a refund. Decided to give them another chance. Today the ordering process at the counter was a giant cluster. It appears you can't have 2 to-go orders and 2 eat in orders on the same ticket. Then in the middle of the order the girl takes a drive thru order and passes us off to a new lady who didn't know how to put in the code for points. It's not her fault, since it appeared she was not learning to do that because they were having her clean everything. Finally the original girl comes back and finishes the order. We get our to go orders right away. It takes several minutes more, then a worker comes out and says "we are out of onion rings." Obviously there's an inventory problem and a customer service issue at the Ardmore, OK store.

R
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Freddy’s Confusing app that’s not worth the trouble

I love the food and the restaurant, but the online ordering app is confusing at best.

The app states that online orders are NOT available for pickup through the drive thru. So I ordered and parked in the designated parking areas for my online order brought out to me. However, I checked into the app saying I was “here” the app instructed me to go inside. What’s the purpose of the app anyway if you have to go inside?

Anyway, I went inside and, I kid you not, the employee asked me why I didn’t just go through the drive thru. What? When I told them the app prohibited that they just looked confused.

Either way, the whole purpose for me getting the app was so I would NOT have to enter the store. I love the food, but when I’m in a hurry I will just choose a different restaurant in the future.

B

Freddy’s Freddy’s App not up to date

I love Freddy’s- but not the app. Let me explain, Many of the Freddy’s stores are short on supplies and staff. If you order from the app, it states none of this and as I found out - when you order they make your food. But you can’t go in and pick it up (also many of the dine-in opportunities are closed). So now I have ordered on the app (which told me none of the issues Freddy’s is having) and I figure out that I have to get in the long drive up queue. By the time I get to the window everything I ordered is cold. Why have an app that isn’t updated to reflect reality. Had I known I had to wait in line anyway, I would have simply ordered in line. A simple warning in the app home page would work. For example, you may wish to order until you are in the drive up queue otherwise your food might be cold.

Freddy’s Don’t waste your time, go to Culver’s instead

Update 10/16: I emailed customer service with copies of my last two receipts which I could not get points for since the app won’t open and NEVER GOT A RESPONSE. Great caring by their Customer Service team (NOT!). And the negative comments about the app are still rolling in and it STILL (as of 5 minutes ago) won’t open. At least there’s competitor restaurants in our area so I don’t have to be PO’ed by Freddy’s app any longer.

10/05: This app has never worked correctly. First time I tried to use it, a couple weeks ago, and again last night in the store, it wouldn’t even open. Clerk at the store said everyone trying to use it was having the same problem. All since the last app update. And by the looks of all the negative reviews in the past few days everyone else has been having the same problem. For what they charge (the food is great, no issue there), we should be able to get our rewards EVERY time! Culver’s, here we come!

X

Freddy’s I can’t order ahead

This was easily a 5 star app until they introduced order from the app. When I select my store, the order ahead option doesn’t show up. I will give it a 5 when i can order ahead.

Update: I’m super excited that the last update allowed me to be be able to order in the app, we’ll, almost. First off, I have enough points to redeem a free meal, but the app won’t let me redeem the free meal, it finally let me complete the purchase once I took the free meal off and paid for it. Whatever. So I go to pay; where is the option to use Pay, I can use pay at the store, why can’t I use it online. These 2 thing are minor, what really gets me is that when I go to order, I can’t hit the order now button until I get to the store. What is this about, what is the point on order ahead if I still can order until I get to the store, it completely defeats the purpose, I live 5 minutes away, I should be able to order from home and I guarantee that I will make it to the store before by food is ready. This app is garbage and needs a lot of work.

W

Freddy’s New App is Horrible

Freddy’s should go back to the previous version of the app or at least adjust the current app to have the same functionality as the previous version. Why can’t I order extra options of the same item that comes on a burger? I can remove any of them but if I want extra, there is no way that can happen (for instance extra pickles, or lettuce). I used to order from Freddy’s at least once a week or more. I used to walk in and people would know my order and say hi to me. However, since the app has changed I haven’t gone in over a year. I don’t want to place my order at the counter. I would rather order on the app, but now I don’t like the app functionality, so I now go to different restaurants to get food. By not allowing people to order extra of some items you are losing out on a consistent customer because of this. The first time I used the new app, I thought I hit the “+” sign to add extra pickles and lettuce. Well, guess what the app did. It removed pickles and lettuce from my burger, because you can’t order extras. I didn’t realize this until after I picked up my order and got home. That’s when I found out I had a burger with no lettuce and no pickles. I was not a happy camper and have never ordered a burger again from Freddy’s. Please fix this app to add that functionality!

C

Freddy’s Freddy's doesn't Care

My very first order with the Freddy's app was for delivery. I ordered a retail bottle of fry sauce and didn't receive it. I filled out a form using their contact tool, and a little over a year later I still don't have a response. I've had other issues with orders like requesting no cheese for lactose intolerance, I wait an hour for a delivery, and it's something they can't eat because edits were ignored. It would be nice to at least have an automated follow-up after the first auto-reply for submissions.

As far as the app functions otherwise...

•No drive-thru pickup? Seriously? No pickup unless you're physically at the store?

•Delivery is spotty, and now isn't offered at my local Freddy's altogether

•Food customization is pretty good, special instructions and condiments could be improved

•Receipt redemption is a great idea but half the time it doesn't work. I currently have a pending receipt from two months ago that will likely say it's ineligible and not post, while it's perfectly fine

•Reward redemption doesn't work with delivery, and now my local Freddy's doesn't offer reward redemption at all (kinda defeating the purpose of this app)

In summation, I don't think Freddy's cares about this app. I could code a better one, taking inspiration from Chickfila. Freddy's has an opportunity to enforce a better experience for everyone, and I hope they revisit.

L

Freddy’s Drive thru window

Placed an order for a burger and chocolate shake. She told me my order was 3.81 or so 3 something. Well I knew that was not correct. So I pay her at the window 10 something and she hands me my “shake”. Turns her back from the window but it was cracked and I tried to get her attention 3 times but I was ignored. Finally she turns sideways and I wave to her and she gives me that look like what do you want. So I ask her if this was a shake or just ice cream and she said it’s a shake. I said I’m asking because it’s so thick I can’t get it through the straw so I thought maybe they had given me ice cream. She mumbled something under her breath but I heard her say something about getting out of the window. I said I’m sorry I didn’t hear what you said. So she plainly says I’m just fixing to get you out of my window. So a young man comes up to the window and asks if he could help me and I told him I had ordered a shake and it was really too thick and I questioned her if it was just ice cream. He said he would fix it for me and he did. He waited until I tried it to make sure it was ok. It was and I thanked him. Then I told him that she needs to learn who the customer is. I drove off. Her attitude and rolling of her eyes is so tacky. I am not one that usually complains but she needs more training before waiting on customers. She is not helping your business win customers for sure.

N

Freddy’s Ripoff and missed opportunities

The major issue I have with this app is on an order with an $11 subtotal, it’s charging almost $8 for sales tax in a city with a local sales tax rate of 8.25%. Where the rest of that is going, shoulder shrug but no one has sales tax rates over 50% in the U.S. Secondly, seasonal items are not available via the app. So if I want a seasonal concrete I have to go thru the drive thru for that and then park in curbside for my food order - I usually do mobile orders so I can have it made exactly how I want it with as little margin for error as possible. Lastly, make the rewards simpler. I’ll never understand why people have to complicate the simple why not just have it be a $5 rewards at X percentage rate? Instead, again - it says specialty concretes are an available reward but they don’t show up on the redeem list and employees don’t know how to redeem what’s not on the list. Most other restaurants points convert to dollars and you scan a barcode to deduct the dollars off the transaction but everyone has to reinvent the wheel even when it makes absolutely no sense and is overly complicated. Also, after placing my mobile order got a server error and double checked pending orders and order history - order was not present in either place. After going thru the drive thru they informed me that although the app threw and error saying the order couldn’t be completed and the order was nowhere to be found it did however go thru.

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Freddy’s What is this app even for?

You can’t order ahead of time, which makes it basically pointless. Also it literally won’t work without location turned on. Why does an app to order food (not delivery) even need your location at all, much less all the time? Oh, and it also requests access to Bluetooth, which I can’t come up with a single reason why it would need. It doesn’t work with the drive through, so you’ll still need to go inside the store. It has an “I’m here” button, but it’s not smart enough to actually use those location permissions it asked you for, so you’ll need to go ahead and tap that once you get to the store anyway. Then you’ll stand around and wait for your order to be called same as always. Oh, and as a bonus, sometimes it gets your location wrong and then it literally won’t let you use the “I’m here” button and get the food that you already paid for.

So to sum up: You have to physically be at the restaurant with location data turned on to even use the app. And also you have to go inside to get your food. It basically is just a dumber, slower, more annoying way to order food than simply going up to the counter.

I can’t figure out why this app has so many good reviews. It seems almost all the positive ones are just people giving 5 stars because the food is good. The app is terrible... it really deserves negative stars. Maybe the good reviews are from people who feel their phone has too much battery life and are happy this app is eating it through GPS and Bluetooth usage.

H

Freddy’s App Needs Work

My family likes Freddys so this review is not a reflection on the restaurant or food. The app, however, leaves much to be desired.

On my last trip to Freddys, drive thru staff asked if I were aware of the app. So tonight, when the family wanted Freddys, I downloaded the app so we could order ahead and pick it up.

Despite what version history says (3 months ago) I could not change my drink size on a combo order. Nor could I order fry sauce with a combo though I could if I ordered fries separately. But I could accept that for tonight and moved on.

Upon placing my order I see that I cannot go thru drive up to pick it up and our location doesn’t have a curbside option, so whoever goes to pick up our food will have to go inside. My wife and son said they could do that, so I submitted the order and see that I’ll have to click “I’m here!” I told my son to text me when they got near the restaurant and I would click it. He did and when I clicked “I’m here!” I got the message others have mentioned - I want close enough to the restaurant. I turned off location services in an effort to fool it, but the jokes on me - without location services on you can’t order or click “I’m here.” Now I have to hop in my car and make the same trip. That’s bad enough, but as I get closer to the restaurant I continue to try to click “I’m here.” Even in the parking lot, it said I was not close enough. I literally had to park next to the building before it accepted.

Like others there is no point (other than “rewards”) to use the app. And it’s almost bad enough to have me question going to Freddys at all.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Freddy’s Could be so much better!

I’m writing this review as a fan of Freddy’s food. Pretty much everything I order from them is very good to excellent. The app, and overall online ordering experience on the other hand is way below average when compared to their competitors.

So first off, the app is slow. Not a deal-breaker crashing all the time kind of slow, but pokey. Next is not all items available to order in-person are available to order on the app. For example in my experience onion rings are always available to purchase in-store, but never in the app.

Then there’s just the clunkiness of the online ordering experience. No ability to pickup online orders through the drive-through?! This is a standard now across the entire fast food industry, with Freddy’s lagging far behind.

So ok, I have to go into the store to pick up my online order. I see a shelf to the right of the registers labeled Online Order Pickup, but there’s nothing on the shelf. So I wait in line at the register and when it’s my turn I’m told my food is behind the counter, and they hand it to me. Similar story for ice cream, where there’s a dedicated freezer for online order pickup, and again I wait in line to find out my sundae is in a cooler behind the counter where it’s become melty. My guess is this store has had thefts of online orders, and circumventing their own pickup spots is their solution. All in all what a pain it is to place online orders with Freddy’s.

I really hope Freddy’s leadership is aware of these major shortcomings and working on a solution. My dream for Freddy’s is I place the order online, and they wait to prepare my food until I let them know I’m in the drive through line. So pretty much the drive through experience, except using the app to order instead of the crappy drive through speaker (which by the way the drive through was closed on my last visit).

So please pull yourselves together Freddy’s! Your online ordering experience can be as good or better than your competitors! I would place far more orders with you if you made the experience easier.

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Freddy’s sneaky tracking of location

This app requests to use bluetooth. There’s no reason why they need all that information to deliver a good app/restaurant experience — they’re likely using it to their advantage to track your location all the time, not just at the restaurant.

I downloaded this app because I wanted to use the Freddy’s rewards program, but I was really disappointed when I saw the bluetooth access requested. That’s either a poor app developer decision and needs to be fixed asap, or it’s an intentional violation of our privacy rights, and Freddy’s knows many of its customers won’t know that that’s what bluetooth access means here.

R

Freddy’s Pretty Useless

My local restaurant doesn’t even show up in nearby locations and the other locations don’t have mobile order available. When I have used mobile order in the past, I have to go into the store and employees can’t hand me my order through drive thru even though the order is sitting right there on the counter. On the occasions I forget to show my rewards code to earn points, there is no way for me to enter the receipt in the app for points since my receipts never show an order number that the app wants. Honestly there is nothing actually functional about this app at all. Could developers figure this out and actually fix it? Probably too much to ask…

Freddy’s Can’t even Log In

Apparently with an update I was forced to log in again. But when trying to log in I got a message saying I needed to Sign Up again using my same email to have my account restored. Which I did. And my account was not restored. All of my rewards point and history are gone. My 3 year old accidentally signed me out after I saw this. Now when I try to log in again using the email and password I just signed up with (to “restore” my account), it will not log me in and I get the same message about Signing up again using my same email. This app is completely unusable and there’s no motivation to use it if my points won’t be tracked or kept! Need to fix this and do better.

C

Freddy’s Pointless app

I will not use this app again because it serves no useful function. You cannot place your order ahead of time, since the app will not let you place the order until you are physically outside of the store, you may as well go in to order. I use apps for take out food so that when I get to the restaurant my food is ready and I can enter the store and leave with my food within 1 minute. I live a 5 minute drive from the location, and as an adult, I can properly allocate my time so I arrive shortly after my food is done being prepared. In fact, I have been writing this review while seated in my car waiting for my food to be prepared. Change this location function, it is pointless.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Freddy’s No point in using this app

I rarely leave reviews on apps, but I really had to leave one on this one. This app is the most pointless app that I’ve ever used and that’s saying a lot. The only thing that this app is good for is maybe to review the menu and see pictures of food. It’s never successful in finding a location that’s less than four hours away, and I live about a mile and a half away from a Freddy’s. I have tried multiple times to reset my password, every time It says email sent, I never receive the email. I have reached out to their technical support and I’m awaiting an update, I am going to delete this app if I do not get an update within 24 hours. I am hoping that this app develops into something great, at this time it’s a no for me

M
Replied
Freddy’s has left an official reply on this complaint.

Freddy’s Very dirty

Great food but the restaurant was very dirty

Replied
Freddy’s has left an official reply on this complaint.

Freddy’s Can’t fix an order

If they screw up your order you can’t do anything about it.

Freddy’s In-depth Review

Overall Rating: Freddy’s is a fantastic restaurant that offers a delightful dining experience for all. From the moment you step foot in the door, you are greeted with a warm and inviting atmosphere that sets the stage for a memorable meal.

Website Design and User Experience: Freddy’s website is sleek and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The layout is clean and visually appealing, with vibrant images that showcase their mouthwatering menu items.

Menu Variety and Quality: Freddy’s menu is a food lover's dream come true. They offer a wide variety of options, from juicy burgers and crispy fries to refreshing frozen custard treats. Each dish is crafted with care and made from high-quality ingredients, ensuring a delicious and satisfying meal every time.

Pricing and Value for Money: While Freddy’s may not be the cheapest option in town, the prices are reasonable considering the quality and portion sizes. The value for money is excellent, as you get generous servings of delicious food that will leave you feeling satisfied.

Customer Service and Staff Friendliness: The staff at Freddy’s are friendly, attentive, and always ready to assist you with a smile. They go above and beyond to ensure that your dining experience is enjoyable and that all your needs are met.

Cleanliness and Ambiance: Freddy’s prides itself on maintaining a clean and inviting environment for its customers. The restaurant is always spotless, and the ambiance is cozy and welcoming, making it the perfect place to relax and enjoy a meal.

Speed of Service: One of the standout features of Freddy’s is their quick and efficient service. Whether you're dining in or ordering takeout, you can expect your food to be prepared and served promptly, allowing you to satisfy your cravings without any unnecessary delays.

Online Ordering and Delivery Options: Freddy’s offers convenient online ordering, allowing you to place your order from the comfort of your own home. They also provide delivery options, ensuring that you can enjoy their delicious food no matter where you are.

Special Offers and Loyalty Programs: Freddy’s understands the importance of rewarding their loyal customers. They offer special promotions and loyalty programs that allow you to save money and earn rewards while indulging in their delectable menu items.

Dietary Accommodations and Allergen Information: Freddy’s is committed to catering to the dietary needs and preferences of their customers. They provide detailed allergen information on their website, making it easy for individuals with dietary restrictions to make informed choices.

Social Responsibility and Sustainability Practices: Freddy’s takes their social responsibility seriously. They prioritize sustainability practices, such as using eco-friendly packaging and sourcing ingredients from local suppliers whenever possible, ensuring that they contribute to a healthier planet.

Location Convenience and Parking Availability: Freddy’s has conveniently located restaurants with ample parking spaces, making it easy for customers to visit and enjoy their delicious meals without any hassle.

Customer Reviews and Testimonials: Customers rave about their experiences at Freddy’s, praising the exceptional food, friendly staff, and overall enjoyable dining atmosphere. The positive reviews and testimonials speak volumes about the restaurant's commitment to excellence.

Accessibility for Individuals with Disabilities: Freddy’s is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment for all individuals. They have made efforts to ensure accessibility for individuals with disabilities, including wheelchair ramps and accessible seating options.

Business Reputation and History: Freddy’s has built a strong reputation for serving delicious food and providing exceptional customer service. With a rich history and a loyal customer base, they have become a go-to destination for those seeking a memorable dining experience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Freddy’s customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Freddy’s?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Freddy’s Customer Service. Initial Freddy’s complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Freddy’s above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Freddy’s. Discuss the issues you have had with Freddy’s and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.