Fred Loya Insuranceunauthorized charges

Unauthorized charges. I canceled the insurance in December, and my account was drafted again on Dec. 30th, putting in overdraft status. These people have no idea what customer service is.

• Mi
    micah07 Oct 12, 2012

I currently work for this company and believe me get a lot of customers with the same thing. They cancel there insurance and for some reason this company will still withdraw money once you give them your bank info. I would not sign up for autopay for this horrendous ins co. -stay away if possible! They will make changes and feel like they can do whatever they want/treat customers and employees like garbage..yet they don't realize that it is, because of the CUSTOMERS that there will be business. And good loyal hardworking employees they will be losing. This co. likes to hire young people so they can BOSS THEM AROUND. I thank God i don't work for men, but for God. Soon this company is going to go down-they themselves are destroying themselves.

• Fm
    fmlmorones Jun 26, 2012

Fred Loya insurance did the same thing to me. They drafted my account twice for my auto insurance payment that put me at an overdraft. I called them and they wanted to see bank statements and all transactions and balances before they said they would refund me. Then they said it would take a week to get my money back and they couldn't do anything about the overdraft fee because it was the systems fault not theirs. All their customer service agents were rude and were not very helpful. My bank felt sorry for me and gave me their number for car insurance.

• Sr
    sreyes Mar 25, 2011

I agree with you completely. We cancelled our policy and low and behold a fee of 78.00 was kept from our refund. First, the girl at the office did not tell us of a cancellation fee/policy fee and next they cannot tell us how much will be refunded until 15 days. Now my dad is out 100+ dollars for coverage of only 48 hours!!! We are definitely filing a complaint with the DOI of Texas! Everyone should do the same to keep Fred Loya from ripping anyone else off!!! Let's get rid of this scam insurance company. ALso, please check if your so called "agent" actually has a license to bind coverage. They are not even licensed agents!!! What a scam!!

• Co
    Colorado84 Jul 05, 2010

I understand that this is not retail but it does not take 30 days for a payment that was drafted out of an accout to be put back. I have their insurance and i feel like they are scammers and they lie to their customers to get them to sign up. I have had several issues already with them within a 30+ day span. This is a rediculous business and they need to be put to the dust for good. It is never okay with the way the economy is right now to take and hold someones money when they cancel a policy. Now for 3-5 days is tolerable but not for 30 days with no exact date given. THIS IS A BS COMPANY AND THEY NEED TO BE SUED IF ANYONE.

• Ra
    RAguilar03 Aug 17, 2009

Ok you purchased the policy of course the money is gonna go thru, there is a process that you have to go thru when you cancel a policy. This is not retail where you can just buy something and take it back cause it did not fit and get a full refund. It does not matter if you had it for 1 day or 1 month, it works that way with almost any company. If you would have had a claim when you left the office you sure would not have had a problem filing a claim and letting them pay.

• Cw
    c w ratciff May 14, 2009

on may 12, 2009 in went in to get cheaper car insurance, i had not cancel my policy with state farm, i was going to do this after i made my car payment.when i took the binder too the lien holder he would not except the insurance. i went back to fred loya insurance to cancel the policy since i only had it for a little over and hour. they cancel the policy and the transaction of $141.00 debit from my account fax information to bank . debiting the money back into my account . on may 13, 2009 checking my account i found that fred loya had gone in and took the same $141.00 on a cancel policy. now haven stolen my money and my account is $ 141.00 short and he tell me that it going to take up to 30 days to get my money back .why should he be allowed to draw interest on my money for 30 day.if i would to this to some one i would go to jail.