Ford Motor Company / service charge.
I am the owner of a 2009 Ford F-250 diesel lariot. Has been a great vehicle. 80, 000 miles with no problems. Recently engine warning light came on and I am being advised that in 2012 a service notification was sent out regarding recalibration of engine to prevent loss of power under moderate work. This was obviously a manufacturing defect however was never sent to owner's only to dealers. I am now being told I have to pay $250 for the recalibration because I did not get it done during warranty period. I am also being told it might lead to greater problems which will require a much more expensive fix . How were owner's supposed to know about this recalibration before truck started giving problems. This should be treated as a recall and any problems associated with it should be covered under such. I am appalled that a company my family has purchased cars for for over 70 years could be so underhand in providing customer service. I would like to be contacted at [protected]@aol.com regarding this matter or called at [protected]. My name is Fergus.
Updated by Fergus dowling, Sep 10, 2019
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Credit - website payments
- Tod Judy ford - truck service
- Ford Motor Company - door handle and window
- Ford Motor Company - sync
- Ford Motor Company - shotgun giveaway from gotham ford