Having problems with Ford?

Ford reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Complaint was posted on Nov 23, 2021. The latest complaint 2014 ford escape was resolved on Jun 21, 2019. Ford has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 2034 reviews. Ford has resolved 150 complaints.

Ford Customer Service Contacts

1800 771 199 (Ireland)
133 673 (Australia)
8800 500 4201 (Russia)
1800 107 363 673 (Philippines)
1800 588 888 (Vietnam)
1800 112 3673 (Mexico)
+1 800 392 3673 (United States)
+44 203 564 4444 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 367 369 (New Zealand)
+32 24 822 000 (Belgium)
+45 43 582 000 (Denmark)
+31 707 703 777 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 556 (Portugal)
+41 445 111 445 (Switzerland)
+65 63 762 233 (Singapore)
+27 860 011 022 (South Africa)
+82 16 006 003 (South Korea)
+54 800 888 3673 (Argentina)
P.O. Box 6248

Postboks 514, 1410 Kolbotn

Russia
ul. Moskovskaya, 18, a/ya 64, g. Khimki, Moscow region, 141402

Spain
Aptdo. de Correos № 3, 46700 Gandía (Valencia)

Sweden

Singapore
305 Alexandra Road, Singapore 159942

South Africa
PO BOX 411, Pretoria 0001

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ford Customer Service. Initial Ford complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ford above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ford. Discuss the issues you have had with Ford and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ford Complaints & Reviews, Page 63

Ford Motor Company09 f250 diesel with 6.4

To whom it may concern,

I have been a dedicated ford user all my driving life . I recently bought my first desiel truck . I have one question I would like answered. When I bought the truck I knew the oil pan needed to be replaced it was rusted pretty bad. I was planing on replacing the oil pan when I did my first oil change . Had to make a trip out of state to pick up a trailer, the reason I got the truck. I made it about 100 miles when the truck just died not sure what was going on until I got out and found oil leaking all over the place. Now I did a lot of research before I bought this truck and I know that oil is very important to a desiel truck. Now I am a Guage watcher when I drive long trips so my question is if oil is so important why was there not an oil light or something to warn me that there was an oil problem before it died and locked up the motor on a truck I just bought.. now I have a beautiful truck that I really do love that is going to sit in my yard because can't afford a truck payment and a payment to replace the motor . Really look foward to hearing from someone

Charles Krekel.
Email: [protected]@aol.com

Ford Motor Company2017 ford fiesta se hatchback

When deciding to buy a Ford Fiesta I looked at the brochure on the Ford website which stated that a Ford Fiesta SE hatchback has a leather wrapped steering wheel. My former car had one and I really liked it. After buying the car I brought it home (on 10/26/17) and noticed that my car does not have a leather wrapped steering wheel. I have called Ford (twice) and they said call the dealer (Basil Ford in Niagara Falls, NY). I called the dealer and they said they called Ford and couldn't get a resolution to this issue and claimed Ford has a disclaimer at the end of it's brochure. I would like a leather wrapped steering wheel.

Ford Motor Company — 2013 f150 truck

Bought brand new. Truck has just 20, 000 mile on it. Took it for inspection and told it need brakes and...

Ford Motor Companyairbag recall

Called cherokee ford in woodstock, ga. were I purchased my fusion in 2012.
      The service department said the part was not available. this was back in nov.
      2016. I asked the [censor] I too talked if the car was safe to drive and his response was (it's as safe as it was yesterday). I will never buy from this dealer again.

I called ford motor company today, one year after I got the recall and I was told the part was still not available. I have always been a ford customer but
      After this bs I am getting, I will look closer at gm.

1 Response
        • Na
          Nancy Truelove Nov 02, 2017

Air Bag Recall, This has been known to Ford co. and customers a long time, that there was a recall on defective airbags. After learning that as of Dec.31, 2017, the DEFECTIVE airbag co. would no longer replace their airbags in USA or Mexico followering some type of bankrupt they were filing, I called my dealership in Cary, NC.and the parts repair person told me that they had no replacement airbags for my 2009 Ford Fusion. But can you imagine this ???? They are expecting to have new airbags in February 2018, I said THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE CUSTOMERS will have to pay for them then, He said 'SOUNDS LIKE IT ' My last Three cars were Fords, purchased from Crossroads Ford, Cary NC . iF Ford can't take a better look at customer care than this I, no doubt will take a better look else for my next car.. Nancy Truelove, 'North Carolina'

Ford Motor Company2015 ford focus titanium

I leased this Focus after having a 2013 Focus.
        At that time I was told that the Transmission issue I was having with the 2013 was rectified. So I leased this one. I enjoyed the new roomier car and in the beginning the trans seemed to be on point. Well into my second year of the lease it began to show signs of the same issue as the 2013. Shuttering and dragging upon acceleration.
        I have complained and they say a update was needed. Possibly but the issue still is there. Very upset with this Focus. I like the size of it but mechanically it is terrible and it can lead to having a accident especially when getting on the highway and merging into traffic.
        Ford needs to fix this issue. It has been 4 yrs now!! This so called double clutch, does not work!! Safety first is not a given with this Focus!! Being jerked around while driving is not acceptable.

Ford Motor Company2015 ford transit 250 diesel

Hello my name is Paul Maguire I own and operate a small plumbing and heating company in Old Forge Pa I own a 2015 Ford 250 diesel transit bought new recently at 40000 miles my EGR cooler has caused major problems and has been at the dealer for 2 weeks to date and no way of going to work to provide for my family because this vehicle is how I make a living
          I think Ford Motor Company should be picking up my vechicle payment since it was a known problem with this motor just like in 2003 when I owned a Ford F-250 that had 3 motors replaced and 40000 miles and Ford Motor Company never did anything but repair and return
          I think that my warranty on this van should be at least extended
          As far as the Dealership I could not ask for a better group of guys
          Van is currently at Barber Ford in West Pittston Pa

Paul Maguire
          [protected]

Ford Motor Company — 2012 ford focus, customer satisfaction program 14mo2

I recently purchased a 2012 ford focus sel vin number 1fahp3h23cl197714. It had 78000 miles on it when I...

Ford Motor Company — ford explorer purchase from el cajon ford

During the sale, were were told by both Kathleen (the sales lady) and the finance department that if there...

Ford Motor Company — ford service department/jacksonville illinois

My daughter who is 20yrs old took her car into Ford on 10/26/17 to get a wheel alignment. she called ahead to...

Ford Motor Companyford focus

Not sure if this letter will go to anyone that matters but it's worth a shot. I bought my 2014 Ford Focus in February of this year from Jerry hunt in Lexington. My car has gave me nothing but problems since I have purchase it. The car shudders when taking off I have had the clutch replaced and the computer chip thing replaced and yet still shudders. No one can fix it. Now my air/heat will not shut off, it runs full blast at all times. I bought this car thinking yes I have a car that will actually work and not give me problems. Well that's not the case. I really wish I never would have purchased the car and that's sad to say. I just wanted a car that would get me and my kids to a place without breaking down. Sorry for the awful review I have to give. Just wish the car was better.

Ford Motor Company2013 ford focus service at reynolds ford in oklahoma city, ok

My family has bought Fords for decades. It is our preferred car. I bought my 2013 Ford Focus new. It has only 56K miles on it. I just drove it across country from California and had a great trip. On the way, my Change Oil Light came on. So, I took it to a authorized Ford Dealer to just get the oil changed. That is all I asked them to do. The Dealership, Reynolds Ford of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma did the work. They contacted me and asked if I would like to have the recalls on the car performed as well. They said they would still be able to return the car completed the same day. It was Tuesday, the 24th of October. I agreed. Later, they asked if I wanted my tires rotated, I said "No" as I just bought new tires. The Service Representative then told me they had already rotated them anyway. I should have taken the hint that I was in trouble! A couple hours later they call me to let me know they had destroyed the firmware in the PCM, the "brain" of the car's electronics. Two days later, they destroy the replacement PCM that they shipped in. The service manager, Jeff, personally tells me that he has his best two technicians working on my car. I even offered to sell the car to them at under retail so I can buy another car. I cannot wait for days for their "best" technicians to maybe "trial and error" there way to success. How can Ford Motor Company absorb such cost as these service personnel are costing them?
              Please Help resolve this! Fix the Car, Buy the Car. Just let me get back to my life and I promise to never darken the door of the Reynolds Ford Dealership with my business ever again.

My phone number is [protected].

Disappointedly,
              Joe Sieber

Ford Motor Company2004 escape

My rear passenger wheel well is so rusted that the shock mount has detatched from my vehicle making it hazardous to drive. Upon research for a repair, I have found numerous other people on online forums and such who have experienced the exact same issue. Also, you released a "repair kit" for this problem, that is over $200 for just the part to fix it, not to mention or including finding a place who can/will weld this piece back onto the vehicle. However, it's a "known" issue hence your release of said "repair kit" and you, as a company, haven't recalled this serious and potentially fatal problem? At this point I'm sick with worry wondering if I'm going to be involved in an accident daily and I cannot believe that as a company you guys are failing us comsumers, who technically are the reason you have a job. I also own stock in Ford and that will be the first one to go, as I can't have your negligence on my conscience if something happens to thousands of innocent people, myself included. Not everyone has the means to just pay to repair this, or just "buy a new car". Our economy is tanking and a lot of us are just struggling to get by day to day.

Ford Motor Companyspare tire

I bought a new F150 with 5 tires. Tires on are Hankook 265/60R18. The spare was a dirty Michelin 245/70R17. I called Ford and was told the trucks come with 4 tires and a spare from assembly line. I have bought new Ford trucks since 1973 and always had 5 new matching tires. Ford said there is nothing they can or will do. Anyone buying a new Ford truck be sure and check the spare. Chevrolet and Dodge said theirs come with 5 new matching tires.

Respond

Ford Motor Company2017 ford f150 transmission failure - then terrible customer service from ford!

Contact to Ford Motor Company RE: 1FTEW1EG6GKF53895 CRM:[protected]

On August 19, 2017, our 2017 Ford F150 with less than 10, 000 miles suddenly lost all power on a hill while we were 300 miles from home! We had to spend more than $350 out of pocket on Uber and one-way car rental just to get home! Luckily, we did not require a car rental once we arrived.

Two weeks later, the truck was fixed and eventually trailered back to us. (This is another story as we had to use the online car tracker to find our truck, as no one knew where it was! )

The person at Ford my husband was dealing with, Tara Dew, stopped all communication with us once the truck was on the trailer. She had promised to pay for the expenses we incurred as a result of the Ford failure. My husband had sent her the receipts and multiple emails asking for a response. bit to no avail. He called the Ford customer service and was told he could not deal with anyone else, because Tara was assigned to our case.

We are still waiting for the refund on our expenses!

Ford Motor Company — ford edge, transmission/electrical issues

I have a 2012 Ford Edge that I purchased fromCar Max with only 6000 miles on the vehicle. When I purchased...

Ford Motor Company — 2013 ford escape - never again

I purchased my slightly used 2013 Ford Escape in 2015 with only 33k miles on it. A month later I started...

Ford Motor Companycar

After checking all these rigorously, then we put flimsy stuffs like this (ref.pic below) on the frequently used hand brake lever etc.

I own a ford figo diesal...it has hardly run 35, 000 km, i donna from where all parts like these are coming off and unusual sounds getting generated.U know, now the car can be heard from a mile ahead -due to humming sound coming inside from the power steering unit. Driver side power window down.Suspension noise.Clutch pedal rattling while steering.Huge mileage short .

One fine morning gear lever not moving/stuck and a1000 rs rubber bush, hardly the size of a soda lid, replaced from the company within 2 mts -simply fixed the issue..Parts are very economical i must say!!. Naturally, I end up thinking wtr fords parts are made of gold ?.

In fact, i was a very lucky man as my gear lever got stuck when car was idle but there are many un lucky fellows who had to face this problem while in driving putting their -their families life in danger.

Please refer complaint number #9216, 19, 20 etc in the below link- to realize the high quality testing results of Mr Ford (INDIA) as shown by them in the posted video.

Any way, i humbly request Ford to learn 1 or 2 things from Toyoto reg quality, durability and economy..Please dont spoil your gr8 founders name and reputation playing cheap with Indianised parts.

A toy car has better quality than this i guess.

Trust me, this is d last and final vehicle of ford i use...

Ford Motor Companydealership issues

I purchased a 2017 Mustang on Sept 6, 2017. A few days later I noticed issues with the paint and contacted to sales associate I purchased the car from. I then was sent to the sales manager. The issues with the so called new car... it had over spray and scrapes/dent from previous body work that was not disclosed upon purchasing, the manager said if it was under 500.00 it would not have to be disclosed. Next off .. we went over every issue with the paint etc.. and he said we will make it right not to worry. The dealership has a body shop on the premises, so that it where it was going . My car was there for over 2 weeks..and I asked the sales manager to please make sure it is safe and does not get more damage, he asured me he would make sure it was safe. Then excuse after excuse for not being ready when it should have been, I finally said this is enough I want my car back, I took a day off from work to go get it when it was finally done and it still wasn't done...in fact it had more damage to it than the original issues. The lady at the dealership said" oh yeah it got damaged while it was here so we had to do more work on it. It had a whole in the rear bumper among other scrapes and even scrapes inside the car. I took my car and further examined when I got home and the rubber piece around the back window ...newly installed was dented in one place and had a lot of scratches on it. I once again contacted the sales manager and got no reply back at all, my wife called the dealership a wanted to talk to the General Manager and was told be the operated that she would email him and I should here back in a few days ;that was over 2 weeks ago. I am trying to find out who I should pass this information regarding the lack of customer service to, because I feel this experience of purchasing my new mustang has been ruined and I am with out a doubt never going to purchase another Ford . So I you could please give me some assistance with this issue I would appreciate it. Thank you, Larry and Sherry Allen

Ford Motor Companybait and switch at ford of kirkland, wa

I was contacted by the Internet Manager from Ford of Kirkland on 10/20/17 regarding my inquiry on the Autotrader ad for a new Ford Escape Titanium for $24, 975 with less then 10 miles on it. We agreed to meet Saturday afternoon to test drive and probably purchase the vehicle at that price. When my wife and I arrived Saturday the Internet Manager was busy so we took the test drive with his assistant. The vehicle had over 1800 miles on it! After the drive they offered to sell the the car to me for $28, 975, $4, 000 more then the Ad. I showed them the ad on Autotrader that day from my I- phone as proof of the lower price and they said it was a mistake and that the dealership would not honor that price.

Dissatisfied we left the dealership and went to Honda of Kirkland and purchased a 2017 New Honda CRV Touring model. I know we are only one customer but in the past we have bought 3 Fords ( two Escapes and Focus) and was seriously considering to purchase again.

Ford Motor Companycustomer service and vehicle problems

Dear Ford,
                            I have owned many cars from you. I have never had the problems with a car as I have had with my Ford Explorer 2016. My car has been in for many services, acceleration problems, turning issues, air bags light, seats not buckled in place. This day I was to have my air bag light rechecked because it has been coming on after it was "fix" six months ago. I called the Joe Meyer Ford in Houston, Tx where I brought my car. I was expressing my displeasure of having to turn over my car for an extended about of time again and wanted a rental car(loaner) from Ford. The advisory told informed me his Manager said they would not do that and he could tell that I was going to be upset that he could no longer be my advisory. He only wanted people who would leave good reviews, I never judge the advisory by what the mechanic does, and he would not be helping me. This is not the first time I have had problems with this dealer. I can't believe you support customer service this way. I also can't believe you can't fix a car. My car has less than 29000 miles and I feel like it is a piece of junk. I will be telling everyone I know never to buy from this Dealer and most likely never a ford. This breaks my heart as I had family who worked at Ford and was raised having Fords. The way this dealership treated me I would be embarrassed for you to know this is how they treat people. I'm know this is not how you build your company.