Having problems with Food City?

Food City Customer Service Contacts

396 Towne Center Dr.
Abingdon, Virginia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Food City Customer Service. Initial Food City complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Food City above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Food City. Discuss the issues you have had with Food City and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Food CityManagement

I worked at the gas n' go since November. I quit last night and thought I should explain my side of the story since the other managers wouldn't listen. I loved working at the gate station. Seeing how it was my first job since being diagnosed with ms. I just found out I can't hold in my emotions as good as I used to. Last night was my second night working nights. And I will admit I am not good at sitting and doing nothing. But I still tried my best
At closing and I did everything but counting the register by closing. When I got to the money I couldn't use the counter so i tried to count as fast and accurately as I could. The manager who got there kept saying "you need to have this done when I get here" and " I don't get paid to stay over".and I held my tounge as long as I could then he said "they should hire people who know what their doing" and "you shouldn't be working here if you don't know how to do this". He kept on making me feel like an idiot because "i didn't know what I was doing." And honestly I didn't want to believe people when they said they quit because of the managers now I know what they're talking about. Most, not all, but most managers are bullies.

Food CityBakery

I called to see if the food city bakery had any ready made small white sheet cakes a little after 6PM this evening. They told me yes so I had my husband go get it. When he got there it had not written on. The lady who wrote the greeting on the cake had a mask on but she had it COMPLETELY under her chin. NONE of the mask was covering her face. We have a mask mandate in our county. Everyone is supposed to wear a mask in public places. I am pretty sure that applies to the people who are handling/preparing the public's food. Harriman, Tennessee Food City store.

Food CityEmployee

As i was in prestonsburg foodcity this morning doing my christmas dinner shopping, i witnessed a young boy i think that works there (he had a name tag but didnt get to see the name) getting yelled at by an older woman in a black button up shirt with a chef looking hat on when i was looking at strawberrier to buy. I just wanted to speak my concerns on how she was toward this employee she was very disrespectful and unprofessional considering she done it in front of not only customers but in front of other employees. I can only imagine the embarrassment this boy had endured from her.

Food CityGas station complaint

I visited my Food City in Pigeon Forge, TN today. I pulled to the gas pumps to fill my car up like I do every week. I wanted air my tires up before I got gas. I needed 2 quarters to have enough for the air machine so I went to the teller. I told him that I needed 2 quarters for air. He told me he wouldn't give me any quarters because he only had a few and they had to last 4 hours. I got into my car and left.
        I have been a Food City customer for years. My family and I spend around $700 a month for groceries at your store. I thought this made me a good customer. But, I guess I was wrong since I couldn't get 2 quarters in change that I was going to spend at your store.
        Next month I am going to take my $700 to Publix Grocery Store to spend. Maybe they will appreciate my business.

Food CityEmployee

Very rude employee at Food City
          Galaxy Va.
          I love shopping at the newly renovated store. She was very rude when someone ask if she could get more help. The elder lady only ask a question and the employee just about bit her head off and ours too when she was ask not to be so rude then she left her counter and went to the back leaving a line of people standing there. This day and time everyone is so up tight with this COVID-19. If she needed a break maybe they should hire more help.

Nov 30, 2020

Food City — Human resources / employee rights

My wife was hired on 7 Nov 2020. She has an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Three weeks later, after...

Food CityCustomer service

The Food City on Euclid Ave has several extremely rude employees. First is John who is supposed to be some type of door greeter. He screamed at me & my husband because my husband picked up two masks, one for me & one for himself & I didn't realize it and picked one up myself. Not wanting to contaminate the other masks, I stuck the extra in my handbag. To that John yelled, "Fine go on then!" He then followed us around the store and when we went to check out, he stood beside the cashier. When we asked for the manager, he stood behind her in an intimidating manner. Then when we left the store he continued to follow us and called us [censored].

Oct 14, 2020

Food City — Spilled juice

I was walking through aisle 4 looking for the nacho chips and as I was walking I did not realize there wa...

Oct 10, 2020

Food City — Unethical behaviour

Hi, my name is Jada Abernathy. Oct.9, 2020 night I had called Food City in Athens, TN to verify that they...

Aug 26, 2020

Food City — Employees wearing trump masks

I went to the Food City in Harlan, Kentucky today Aug 26, 2020. Had completed my choices and saw an employee...

Food CityManager

John the manager is very against mask wearing. Very political. Also Rusty is neutral and is very on top of business. He is the best. I went today to get aloaf of bread and ham. A young girl was the cashier. A young man was bagging. Paid 8.47 in cash cashier said one was fake. Come to find out she could not read the instructions on pen bill checker. Made me look stupid. Real billl a dollar for gods sake. Embarrassing

May 12, 2020

Food City — Lo mein noodles

I called and ask did the store in Athens, TN carry lo mein noodles. I was told to come to the store and see...

Food CityA 4 pack of toilet paper $9.00, one gallon of milk $7.50??????

This is price gouging and it's unfair!! I am telling everyone I see about this. It's. Nothing but greed. I am talking about the stores in Knoxville TN. This is not right to do to folks just because there is a virus going around. It's. It everyone's fault that people are buying I'm bulk and being stupid

Food CityWheat thins

I bought wheat thins week ago and wife went to eat. She said it tasted stale and hurt her stomach. I looked at the box and it was expired dec 2019. For main grocery not good at all. Food city selling expired is a very bad thing. It tells you that there not checking there stock. Hopefully district office will fix it. Before some one gets more then a bad stomach ache and the poops.

Food CityWestern union

I just left my local Food City located at 1205 N. Eastman Rd, Kingsport, TN. I arrived at 11:40/11:45pm. I came to buy a money order. After standing at the western union desk for a moment, I walked over to two cashiers who were watching me. An older redhead, about 40-45 years old and an old lady, maybe 60 years old. They never once offered to help me or see what I needed. I walked up and told them I needed to buy a money order. I was told that the front office closed at 11pm and that I couldn't get a money order. No apology, no offer to let me know when I could get one, nothing. This is ridiculous. Why would you offer western union service until midnight if I can't use them? And why do your employees just stand there and stare at a customer instead of seeing what they need? I understand that it was near closing time but that means you should hurry up and serve the customer so you can go home as soon as possible.

Jan 13, 2020

Food City — rude management

I was a customer at the Food City location Deane Hill Centre in Knoxville Tennessee. My husband and I were in...

Dec 20, 2019

Food City Pharmacy — the pharmacist at food city in dayton tn

The Pharmacist *Jennifer Serig *at the Dayton TN store is absolutely unprofessional and very rude to...

Dec 01, 2019

Food City Clintwood VA — deli employee and bag boy

I ask deli to slice me 2 pound of Kahns Beef Bologna she did so and I had doubts she had the correct bologna...

Clintwood
                      Nov 29, 2019

Food City — cashier complaint

I went into food city on Rossville boulevard in Rossville Georgia to get cash back off of my debit card. I...

Food Citypharmacy

The girls that work in the pharmacy at Food City in Kodak, Tn. Are some of the rudest people ever. They have NO customer service skills at all. I don't know how you go about hiring the staff but when 3 out of 3 are rude and obnoxious you need to maybe consider the way you chose the staff. There is no logical reason to have to make 3 or 4 trips to pick up meds. I've heard other customers complain about the rude girls.