Food Cityemployee complaint

A Review updated:

At Food City # 664 in Kingsport, Tennessee there is a woman by the name of Sue Selby who is the head cashier at this grocery store. This woman is the most vile, bitter, bullying person I have ever met so far. She treats her cashiers, baggers and front end managers like they are lower than the ground she walks on. I know because I have worked there for three years now and have been harrassed by this woman every time we work together. It started when I was sixteen and I was often very scared of her. I am now going on twenty years old and believe it is time that this stops. I have done absolutely nothing to offend or displease this woman but she still bullies me daily. I believe that all employees that work on the front end of this store would support me in saying that this woman needs to be removed from this position.

typeonegative Apr 27, 2013

I agree with this person, if everyone there had the right and able to say something about this woman they would. She has harassed everyone there numerous times, and it is manly the young adults. Every day on the front end is a bad day with her. She treats her employees like low ###. She is the biggest suck up when it comes to bigger people in the company coming in. I have caught her many of time talking bad about her costumers as well as her employees. I have to been bullied by this woman many of time and do not know where to go or who to go to about this that will do something about it. She seems to treats her some of her costumers well but if you paid attention most of the time with body language she has no interest. I remember a few years back attending a meeting at 6 a.m to listen to her for an hours about how the front end should make her look good and how she needed to look good for the company it was nothing about being a team. I would like something to be done about this, not just for the employers that work with her but for the store. Food city is about becoming a team and a family, not about being scared and coming to work hating your day, and being bullied around.

she is a bully

typeonegative Apr 27, 2013

she is an evil woman all she cares is about herself and how good she looks toward the company. She treats all her front end employers with disrespect. She has talked bad about the people she works with as much as the costumers that she attends. A couple of years ago i remember coming in at 6 am to a meeting to listen to her go one for an hour telling everyone how we should be making her look good, and how she need to look good for the store. How is this a meeting? There was nothing mentioned about working as a team for the store, it was all about her. If every single person had a word to say something or know who to go to knowing something was going to be done, you would have many young adult who would come forward with the harassment' s and bullying we have all experienced more than one occasion. She is the biggest suck up to people that are in higher management in the company that she comes in. When she talks to her costumers most of the time of you pay attention to her body language she is usually not even interested in them. She is cruel she has made me stay there many of times with bad health conditions not being able to work over pain, and goes on about how i need to stay because she has no one to come in. And has told threaten me with getting me fired if i go home. She is abusive with her words. And i will do anything to support the statement above me due to the fact, to do what good for the company and the front end employees her suffer from her chose of words and actions. Food city is about working as a team and becoming a family to make the best store and working environment. I do not understand how she even qualifies. Yet know does anything to make her treat her employees like this.

• Mo
    momof3hch May 12, 2013

I can understand how someone may feel this way towards Sue. However having said that I also have to explain why I disagree. Sue has worked for Food City for more than 15 years and has over these years learned the demographics of the company. She is no different in the way she acts when "company" is in the store than other people in management positions. Also as the head cashier she has certain job responsibilities that aren't very pleasant. She doesn't like that part of her job and does not always handle it very well. I worked there for her for 5 years and have had to experience that side of Sue at times. After talking to me she has always then proceeded to treat each day as a new day and nothing said again. When given the chance she is caring and does take an interest in her employees. She deserves better than being bashed by employees or former employees on a public forum.

joseiah Jul 04, 2013

i was surprised when i saw a pharmacist at park road location food city harassed a customer who came from over sea for his official visit ! t he customer asked a mama plus from the pharmacist guy he kept on ignoring the customer and said some racist words towards that customer thinking he is a Tamil guy!! the customer said he not only behave towards him but also towards his family members too!! bcoz of the pharmacist act the customer walks park hospital most of the time when he wants buy medicine and some other stuff!! i asked him why would you come to this shop he said, he thinks food city has good customer relation and can be trusted!!
    but he was very disappointed with unnatural behavior of the pharmacist and he wanted complain to the supervisor or manger abour the pharmacist who worked at park raod location at around 7/45 p. 4 of july 2013.
    if this situation continues food city gradually loose the valued customers and ruin its name and trustworthiness from the custormers! this has to be corrected!!

• Em
    Ema2612 Sep 19, 2018

I pressed the button for regular gas and I noticed I was charge a lot more than it would normally take to fill up. The receipt said I bought the premium. Which was 50 cents more then the regular gas I get.

christyhhh Nov 12, 2018

I was a employee at food city a manager there was talking about me to other employees im done. This accured 2/28/17 manager was josh 615-651-9849

• Ci
    Citizen.Z Nov 12, 2018

Numerous times have i went there and witnessed all types of employees standing beside of the propane tanks smoking... this is getting out of hand and its very dangerous... will they wait till something bad happens to take control of this???

• Ro
    rongareth484 Dec 12, 2018

at Galax food city, every time I come in there to purchase veggies I see this smug arrogant manager walking around talking and distracting the cashiers etc it is a young man named Preston so keep your focus on work I would like to get my things and leave as soon as possible do something

James Mcghee May 25, 2019

Chilhowie Va store needs to keep someone in the store all the time that knows how to send western union. I James Mcghee had a emergency and needed to send money to someone in need today 5/19 2019 there was trainee in the office and the management on duty this evening said he don't know how to send western union .

• Bi
    Billy Waldron Jul 13, 2019

Due to Starbucks beliefs and Food City supporting Starbucks we've decided to take our business elsewhere. We've been loyal for the past 20 years but it offends us. We support our military and first responders around this great country and will not support a business like this.

• Ri
    Riobyn fletcher Aug 05, 2019

They have stopped 5 percent on groceries don't use their has I spend at least 600 a month I don't drive but will be going to Ingles from now on May be sooner higher but better quality products. Even though some items are more no extras at food City the one on s roan street Johnson City TN rarely have items they advertise especially Baker y deli

• Bo
    Bobbie Jo Adams Sep 18, 2019

Opened the 2 pound container of strawberry yogurt and it was only half full.

• Je
    Jeff Bradley Dec 22, 2019

The Food City in Dandridge Pharmacy will not honor good RX coupons but the store comes up in their app as a store that excepts them The app would save my 87-year-old mother half price on her medication

• Bi
    Billy Johnson 3rd Feb 29, 2020

Employee degrading the Company and Co Workers. She has turned her notice in but something should be done with her for matters get worse inside your store.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices