Complaints & Reviews

FlyDubai — cancellation and no refund

Never book a flight with flydubai. From March 7 to May 14, we received by e-mail 4 flight cancellations or...

Flydubai Airlinesbaggage lost and negligence

Dear Sir/Madam,
Please help me, I was travelling through Fly Dubai on 19th January, 2012 Fly Dubai airlines mis-handled and lost my baggage (Tag Number - XS091984) on my journey from Istanbul (Turkey) to Hyderabad (India) via Dubai (U.A.E.). On my arrival i was told that i will get my bag as soon as possible but unfortunately it seems like that the airlines marks these issues as not-important; as it has been almost 3 months and i am still waiting for my baggage.

I was repeatedly harassed by being provided a wrong e-mail address to contact to. However, when i contacted lostfound.[protected]@aisats.in I was offered a settlement of 180$ to which i agreed tough the baggage valued much more than this.

Dear Sir/Madam, I waited patiently because i do understand that these cases are time consuming and involves intense tracking of baggage but at this point of time it seems like my plea has fallen on deaf ears of Fly Dubai officials. However, even after I provided all details about my bank account and address so that they can transfer the agreed settlement amount to my account or send via post; they have not done so, now they are not even replying to my email. When i called to fly dubai customer relations department in hyderabad at 040 [protected]/17, they refused to help me saying that we cannot do anything.
Please help me.

Rahmat Ali Khan.
Istanbul (Turkey)

baggage lost and negligence

Fly Dubaibad customer service

I had booked ticket on sector Muscat – Doha Muscat. I would like raise a complain against the ground staff in Muscat due to the following reasons:
    · Before booking the flight, I am aware that my designation and profession (Commercial/ Sales Broker) for a real estate developer can get visa on arrival in Doha.
    · Upon check in, the ground staff had stopped me from boarding and asked me to wait for about half an hour ( I understand for verification purposes)but refused to get me into the flight to Doha citing Im not eligible for visa on arrival when in fact I clearly explained I previously check it with Doha Immigration website that I can avail the same.
    · Instead, Fly Dubai ground crew cancelled my reservation due to his own “personal belief” that my profession is not listed in Doha visa on arrival. I then flew only until Dubai and get on to my connecting flight to Doha (where the Immigration allowed me to enter Doha based on my profession without such inconvenience the ground crew of airline has caused me in Muscat). How can such just an airline ground crew refuse passengers when Immigration themselves allow me to obtain visa on arrival as per my profession?
    · This incident has caused a lot of hassle not only to me but for the business I am supposed to deal with in Doha should I missed the flight. I then need to rebook my return ticket from Doha to Muscat due to this incident at a higher ticket price due to the ground crew’s demand to cancel my previous booking.

· I personally picked up Fly Dubai for due to convenience in flying schedule from Muscat and the low cost fare it offers but the employees need to be knowledgeable and competent enough in what they are doing so as they wouldn’t cause any delay for passengers and impact possible business losses.
    I had forwrded a complaint to fly Dubai but to no avail as I think they don't have any department to reply to customer complaint.

• Kh
        khani245 Apr 15, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please help me.

Rahmat Ali Khan.
        Istanbul (Turkey)

Comments

FlyDubaicanceled flight without refund

My flight from Bahrain to Dubai on Jan 17 2012 was canceled when I arrived to Manama airport. I went with other airlines and flydubai promised me to refund my ticket. However, Flydubai didn’t pay me back as promised at the airport. After two weeks I have sent a complain to them and they replied that I will receive a Voucher as a refund. Still it now two months and they didn’t send any refund.

I will not fly again with your company and will advise my friends to do so.

RESOLVED

• FlyDubai's response · Feb 27, 2012

Muad, sorry to hear that this happened to you. Please can you contact [protected]@flydubai.com with your booking reference and we'll ensure your refund is processed. flydubai

• Mu
          Muad Feb 27, 2012

I did send to this email two times... without benefits.

• Za
          Zaher El Aridi Apr 07, 2012

Kindly I want to complain regarding the below flight yesterday 6/4/2012 flight number FZ 8160 Beirut - Dubai (PLFBRC). Due to the natural Foggy weather, our flight was delayed from 21.05 till 23.30, I just want claim that I was at the airport counter at around 22.00 pm and the reservation staff were not at there desks to offer us the boarding pass, I requested from the fly dubai duty manager to send any of your staff to make check in for me since the plane was still in the airport and calling the passengers, I requested many times to follow my full charged trip or the next trip FZ 160 but she insisted to refuse.

I paid for the ticket and rushed to the airport knowing that the delay was natural and out of our order, therefore I'm requesting to refund this ticket or at least change my ticket to another coming flight one way from Beirut to Dubai.

Please be informed that I spoke more than 20 minutes international call with your office in Dubai (call center- Sherihan) and she put a note about my case and advised me to send email to you for this case.

Hope to receive your reply as soon as possible, I have to go back to work!

Regards
          Zaher El Aridi
          [protected].

• Mi
          Miljan Aug 09, 2012

I bought ticket for my friend in Belgrade, who works in Dubai, and when she came to airport they rejected her ticket because she had a contract signed. What is going on whey that happened? In that case Fly Dubai refund money?

• Er
          Erno Aug 15, 2012

Yes, I too experienced of HAVING NO REFUND after I cancelled my online booking. I will create a FACEBOOK PAGE that says DO NOT FLY with FLYDUBAI! This is THEFT! I will make sure that NO ONE will fly with FLYDUBAI ever!

Comments

FlyDubaimy vouchers

I have get tickets for flydubai on for me and my wife and my son (infant)
        We could not travel I have cancelled my tickets early and flydubai gave me 3 vouchers to use it within one year.
        As my booking was for 3 of us one time its strange to gave me 3 vouchers by thier name instead of 1 by my name
        However, I tried to use these vouchers system did not accept
        you what I have to do to let the system accept?
        I have to book for me only, then quickly go and book for my wife only beside me (before somebody take the seat)
        but my son (infant) - How can I book for him alone the system will not allow me to book for infant alone
        I have sent many emails and no replay
        i have went thier they did not let me in
        I have called no answer

I do not want the vouchers any more - All I want is
        Replay

• Ij
            ijazatc Jul 07, 2015

the ever worst and dirty service seen in my life from flydubai.
            pls., never deal with flydubai and use any other alternate sources but not with these cheaters

Fly Dubai — air travel and ticket cost reimbusrement

Les zinger 2273 sparrow ridge dr Marietta, ga. 30066 Usa To: the ceo of emirates airline The ceo of fly...

FlyDubaisys error. bad customer service

FlyDubai sys made an error and did not accept payment, yet issued me a ticket and says pay later. I went to airport, staff did not accept my ticket and could not tell me why till after 2 hours standing on my feet from 1:30 till almost 3:15am and could not accept any kind of payment.
          "Mam, you can go now, and complain tomorrow to our flydubai office afternoon" . None listens, none helps, none understands.
          This is flyDubai if you wanna try.

• Ba
              BarryDono Jan 07, 2014

FlyDubai is the worst airline you can travel with, They changed my ticket timing without sending me any email with timing update, when I reached the Airport I was informed that the flight is departing and I have to buy a new ticket.

I Helpdesk is the worst rude people you can get, they kept on telling me that they informed me by phone. and there is no need for email, what stupid logic is that!, I didn't receive anything official from them and they are claiming I was informed by phone

It's the worst Airline and it really feels that it has Dubai name on it
              Such low class unprofessional Airlines should not carry Dubai name on it, since it's a delivering a very bad impression to Dubai as a Great City

It's the worst Airline and if you actually value your Human Rights then don't think of traveling with them since they don't care about your rights

Sankara Rao May 18, 2014

I FULLY AGREE... FLY DUBAI IS JUST ROBBING PEOPLE'S MONEY.
              IT IS WORST AIRLINES.
              I DON'T KNOW WHY IATA IS NOT TAKING STEPS TO STOP THIS.

Flydubai Airlinesnot recieved my 2 baggages from last 5 days

i have a very bad experience in my life from fly dubai...i reach lucknow on 3rd nov 2011 but i have not recieved both of my baggages and i come only for 5 days for EID but i do not have anything to wear apart from that no body care that how i manage my small leave and in betweeen that iam 200km away from lucnow 3 times i went after confirmation that my baggage is loaded but still i have not recieved anything coz it was a lie...my all holiday weent in running here and there...iam so much frustrated that i do not know where should i go plssssssssssssss help me .mohammed akram

FlyDubai — baggage lost

I am a turkish but I live in bangladesh and I work here as a teacher... Anyway 22.07.2011 I traveled from...

Fly Dubaicon artists

What a load of crap! I booked a flight to egypt through fly dubai... U just don't know how much I regret this... They charged me 350 aed for my 16.5 kg luggage which 3.5 less than the allowed weight 20 kg claiming that I had to declare this on the website when I booked despite that there was no indication what so ever of the weight declaration not as any decent airline where they allow 20 or 30 kg and if u pass this limit u will get charged but 16.5... I paid for each kilo as limit pass... The employee who was on the counter had some sympathy for me... And asked me to move some clothes from my luggage to the hand bag... Short of short think twice before u travel with them... They call themselves economical airlines... They r not... Be careful and learn from other's mistakes..

• Ar
                  ArnoV Aug 25, 2011

It is clearly explained on their website. This is how they stay low cost, so that we only pay for what we use. I don't carry luggage so I don't want to pay for yours.
                  Read better next time or stop complaining. flydubai is a great airline.

Fly Dubailoss of my luggage

I have a big complain with fly Dubai...
                first time i traveled on fly Dubai from Karachi(KHI) to Djibouti on 26th June 2011 & they lost my luggage & no body is giving a respond they are playing on me & my belongings...
                one week they are saying to me we sent an e-mail & that center will respond...!!! what the hell game is that? don't they have phone to call each other? and what the hell they want from luggage...
                My all important materials are lost & no body cares of what is happening to me, even i don't have cloths to change? day & night wearing suit in a week...
                please help me where to complain this disgusting action...

• Pe
                    Pervez Ashraf Sep 04, 2011

The Fly Dubai airline does not tell us where to complain about the loss of baggage on their internet page which is most important as I am running from pillar to post to lodge a complain, whereby I have lost about Dhs, 1000/ worth of goods from my luggage.
                    Can anyone help me with the contact details.

• Kh
                    khani245 Apr 09, 2012

Same case with me they are even ignoring my emails. Help plz

Flydubai Airlines — extra charge for luggage

Dear sirs Our passenger mr. Han/sungho travelled from amman to Dubai on board flydubai airlines flight no...

Fly Dubailoss of baggagage

Good evening Sir,
                  Please be advised that My family treavelled from Lucknow To Kuwait Via Dubai (flight FZ434 & FZ053 )on 17 March2011. After reaching Kuwait morning 7:45AM Fly Dubai Flight, shecould not find her baggage(2nos). Which have necessary documents, Laptop, Jewellery etc inside her luggage.Fly Dubai should take action as soon as possible to findout, where are the baggage. Details of baggage are as follows.
                  Name :Sultana Ahmad

Dated: 4th Sept 2011
                      Payment reference: 2991813
                      Boarding Card: 17A

Dear Ms Shazia Qadeer

My first experience was shocking & full of financial losses. It is to bring to your notice that one of my soft zip suit case duly booked in the luggage duly locked was tampered & my goods worth more than Dhs.1, 000/- stated as under were STOLEN:
                      • Nokia X2-02 (Cell Phone) 1 No
                      • Samsung E1080F (Cell Phone) 1 No
                      • Men's underwear Calvin Klein (2 Packs)
                      • Men's underwear Esquire (2 Packs of 5 each)
                      • Dove Shampoo & Conditioner (Large)
                      • Havoc deodorant 2 pack
                      • Shoes 1 Pair
                      Surprisingly the ripped 2 torn cell phone packs were left in the bag & the zip was put back along with the lock in its place. The other items were simply missing i.e. stolen.
                      ( Please note that the hard suit cases were not touched)
                      If you would require I can also produce the payment receipts of Carrefour for the cell phones for your cross checking as well.

I would request the Management to seriously look into the matter of this flight FZ 331 of 4th Sept 2011. & sort the real culprits out as this is surely giving a damaging & bad reputation to Fly Dubai & will continue in a similar trend & even more if notice & action is not taken against this incidence immediately. (These guys do have the art of opening & re-fixing the Zip without touching the lock).

I would request the Management to kindly address my losses due to no fault of mine & take severe action against the people involved and recover the same from these culprits.

Urgently waiting for your kind response.

I have tried to mail to flydubai.com however the mail is not being accepted by them kindly forward my mail to the higher management of flydubai with a cc to me I shall be grateful for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

HI SHAZIA QADEER ITS NOT GOOD

FARRUKH SHAHH Dec 02, 2012

you join china air line.

YOU JOIN CHINA AIR LINE

Fly Dubaibaggage allowance

My family purchased roundtrip airfare from Dubai to Doha-we also pre-purchased a baggage allowance. On our return from g from Doha to Dubai we were told that the baggage allowance was only for one way and that we should have purchased another baggage allowance for the return. This was not obvious on the website when we pre-purchased plus no one explained this on the first leg of the trip. When we tried to get the service rep to have the supervisor speak to us, he refused, said there was no point, the supervisor was busy. What a scam...We will never fly this airline again and we will make sure none of our friends and family are ever subject to the worst customer service I have ever seen...ugh...

Fly Dubaiscam

Complaint
                      On the 8th of Feb 2011 I was checking in for my flight from BEY to DXB with 1 back bag of 10 kg and 1 laptop bag only. They lady at the counter told me that I needed to pay 21 $ for the extra 3 kg since the allowance has been reduced to 7 kg recently. Replied that every flight I took with every other airline in the world we are allowed to 10 kg of carry on and a hand bag. Also, the price is too way expensive for 3 kg since the 20 kg allowance announced on the fly Dubai website was 50 DHS or 17 $ .
                      If I knew it will cost me that much with hidden costs I would have taken Emirates Airlines or Air Arabia for the same price with more allowances. This is not fair!!
                      Mentioned to the lady that I had a previous booking that was cancelled by fly Dubai itself and did not complain or say anything even tough I had to reschedule everything and postpone other plans for this inconvenience; Simply booked another flight, always trusting my previous, enjoyable, experiences with Fly Dubai.
                      Asked the lady at counter to refer me to someone in management I can talk to and she referred me to Sabine, Fly Dubai representative in BEY. Sabine replied negatively, even I suggested to meet half way, no success, with ‘who cares’ attitude and incompetent customer service.
                      I said fine I am going to complain. No one cares in this airport!!! Who do you think you are with arrogant attitudes and not being helpful?
                      Called fly Dubai customer service in Dubai and they told me they cannot do anything for now, I should take the flight to DXB and complain afterward.
                      At 9.55 I went back to the check in counter and it’s closed!! Went to see the border services and, they called the Fly Dubai staff in BEY, that I wanted to check in and board and there is no one at the counter, FLY DUBAI replied: TELL HIM TO GO HOME !!!
                      Inacceptable, arrogant, unprofessional, intolerable ... never knew your staff in BEY was so incompetent and irresponsible. THEY DON’T CARE!!!
                      So far I had many flights with Fly DUBAI and never had anything to complain about, this time everything was messed up. All the signs were saying DO NOT GO WITH FLY DUBAI. On my website I’ve mentioned how FLY DUBAI had good price / quality ratio and competitiveness compared to other airlines in the Gulf. I was completely WRONG!!!
                      Now I’ve lost my flight because of your incompetence, and the arrogance of your staff and I will make sure to let the world wide know what a scam Fly Dubai is.
                      Ps: An official complaint was filled to BEY AIRPORT MANAGEMENT

GHASSAN FARAH

FlyDubaistaff at dubai airport

I took flyDubai 007 from Dubai to Doha on 18/01/11 scheduled to fly at 20.20 p.m. The take off was at 9.05 p.m. we arrived in Doha an hour later, and the reason for the delay was one of the staff named Fatima (Fatina) was checking visa of each passenger at the departure gate 5, which is not her job, she is required to check ticket and ID names match. Before that at the check-in counter, the same lady brought 6 passengers over jumping our queue, when we were already waiting for 25 minutes.
                        Staff like this lady, are unprofessional and need training. The whole flight was delayed one hour because of one person who did not know what to do.

Lamya

Fly Dubairefusal to issue boarding pass

I am supposed to fly today Sunday 14 November 2010 at 07:15 to Bahrain via Fly Dubai. Unfortunately the staff of Fly Dubai Check-in counter refused to issue me a boarding pass. They were telling me that I need to get a Visa, this is not the first time I visited Barhain. I am a Filipino & a resident of Dubai for 5 years now & holding a Visa that will expire on September 2011 sponsored by a Bank in Dubai I am working as Senior Officer - Credit Analyst. It is a practice here in UAE for the Banks use a Generic Title for their sponsorship & my Visa Title is Accounting Clerk / General. The staff of Fly Dubai were telling me that I need to get a Visa because my job title is not in their list. I spoke with a lot of staff there at the airport even with the Dubai Immigration Officers & they tolf me that it is okay for me to travel to Bahrain . I even checked the Ministry of Interior Website of Bahrain (http://www.evisa.gov.bh/index.html) about my eligibility & shows there that I don’t need a visa. I called Bahrain Immigration in Bahrain at Tel No. 00973 [protected] & spoke with Immigration Officer Mr. Ali he said I am eligible to get 3 days Visa upon arrival. I missed my flight already & had a lot of damages on this experience with Fly Dubai airline.

When I was in the airport there were a lot of Fly Dubai passengers with the same issue. I inquired with ither airlines like Emirates & Gulf Air (which i had experience travelling with them before to Bahrain & I never had any hassle) & both were telling to that they will allow me to board their aircraft.

What's worst is that Fly Dubai ticket is non-refundable in cash. This could be one of their tactics to steal money from people looking for a budget airline. How could they refused me to enter Bahrain if even Bahrain Immigration Officer was telling me that I am eligible to enter Barhain.

Fly Dubai Confirmation No. TV2QAM

• Sm
                              smurfe Nov 14, 2010

have you ever been to bahrain? if yes you could have shown them your old visas which you got in the airport, sometimes the check-in guys r punch of idiots & no point of agruing with them.

Fly Dubairefusal to board the aircraft

Manuel
                            Fly Dubai Confirmation No. TV2QAM

Fly Dubainot refunding money/voucher

Fly Dubai cancelled my flight on 20.09.2010 (after I paid cash), because of some problem with there computer system. I had to pay for another flight from my own pocket, and now they refuse to refund the money from my previuos cancelled flight.

I am confused becaus I did not cancel the flight, Fly Dubai canceled it by mistake, and I am paying for there mistake!

My Contact Info:
                              Muhammed Flaifil
                              +[protected]
                              [protected]@hotmail.com

Fly Dubaiworst treatment

I'd like to warn everybody before even thinking to fly with Fly Dubai. I flew with them on Thursday 14th of July, from Dubai to Alexandria, I have booked a bag to be loaded on the plane and I had with me my ladies bag, a handbag and a laptop bag which they previously allowed to be taken with you on board, anyhow they've changed their policy and have not informed the passengers. I passed the check-in and the clerk didn't even notify me, then they stopped at the customs and I started to suffer from the worst treatment anyone can give their clients they told me that I have to upload one of the bags which of course will charge me much more since I'm going to upload it at the airport 150 Dhs, i didn't have a problem with paying the money you already pay a lot for the ticket anyway. Anyhow I explained to them that I always fly with these bags along with me, they started telling me that I have three bags I'm only allowed with one can u imagine that they counted my ladies bag as a handbag?!!! And now body even cared to explain that the policy changed when I started to argue one of their employees told me " you're flying economy " as if that's a reason for thier bad treatment.
                                To make a long story short, of course I paid the money but I'll never use Fly Dubai again.

• control Jul 27, 2010

Ia gree

• Aa
                                    aaron.dxb Jul 29, 2010

3 items onboard? try flying ryanair or easyjet with 3 bags! sorry to hear you upset - but nowhere i've ever flown would let you get away with that for free. flydubai must have been really generous in the past and now realised its not physically possible to carry on that way. Most full low cost airline flights ive been on have barely had enough roon when they have enforced the 1 bag per passenger rule. A

• Gh