[Resolved] Flighthub / customer service unsatisfactory was an emergency

Canada

This deals with seat selection- preference

Scheduled trip return fare YVR - Dubai Jan9/19 - Mar22/19 (1 stop in Seattle)

I made an aisle seat payement - Sea - Dubai flight at time of ticket purchase, all flights Emerites

Travelling frequently, I have always made bookings

with Flighthub as I found your services exemplary in the past.

At the checkin counter in Seattle, I was assigned a window seat by representative of Emerites Air.

I am a senior citizen with medical issues, spec a blood clotting disorder, hence the need for aisle seat to enable me getting up frequently as advised by physician, that I can get up with ease, not disturbing the other passengers

I relayed this fact to the counter person, was told there are no more seats left, i had no choice, just take it up with Flighthub..I endured the flight somehow, but did not leave my seat for 14.5 hours as seat mates were both elderly and frail.

2 days after landing I fell ill, 40degreesC temperature lasting 48 hrs, then loss of consciousness taken via ambulance to closest hospital, put thru many tests, conclusion was severe bladder infection ( sepsis), I was put on blood thinners

I was kept there x3 days, since this was a private Dubai hospital, the treatment cost me to get into debt. My insurance plan will not reimburse funds as I did not seek prior authorization - mind you, this was an emergency!

My daughter did phone Flighthub after about the events, according to her ( my daughter) in the hope of securing an aisle seat on my return flight, alieve my high anxiety, clerk stated I should have read the fine print ..the payment does not guarantee aisle seat. its up to the airline's discretion.My $16.xx was refunded

Emerites Airlines was kind enough after hearing my story, and did give me aisle seat on return flight, at no cost..

Please understand this is not about any money, more consideration/compassion should be given to your customers

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this

Zofia

• Resolution statement

• FlightHub Customer Care's Response, Mar 18, 2019

Good day,
    Thank you for your message and feedback.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this situation may have caused you and for the ordeal that you were facing, health wise. As the agent may have used better empathy on the response provided, the seat selection is a suggested option that we provide to the airline and is not a guarantee unfortunately. The agent could have attempted to get a confirmation from the airline in your situation but we have no extensive notes as you have added here within.
    We will provide the appropriate coaching to the agent involved. You have stated that the seats were now selected for your upcoming flight which we are very glad to hear. Please have safe and healthy travels.
    Best regards,