Having problems with Fitness First?

58 Fleets Lane, Poole, Dorset

Germany
Hanauer Landstraße 148a, 60314, Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt, Germany
Tel: +49 6940 8016 000

India
Fitness First India Pvt. Ltd., The Dome, 5th Floor, Select Citywalk Mall, Saket New Delhi 110017
Tel: +91 12 4432 5900

Mena
P.O. Box 25030, Landmark, Hospitality Offices, Oasis Centre, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United United Arab Emirates

UK
Fitness First Ltd., 58 Fleets Lane Poole, Dorset, BH15 3BT, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 84 4571 3400

Complaints & Reviews

service

I joined fitness first about a month ago, attracted by their "7 days free trial". However, even before the trial started, they made (like I must signed a contract and provide bank details, and if I din't, I won't get to use the facilities) me into signing a contract with them and told me lot of craps.

Honestly, the staff at menara mbf totally failed to impress upon me their customer service (yet claimed to be the biggest gym). It was so bad but because I desperately needed exercise and yearned for a healthy lifestyle, I joined. From day one, the impression they given is me they care only for their commission.

Since I joined, I was only able to use my membership card for the first and third time. As for the second and fourth times, I was not able to use because of problems with my bank, etc.

And few days ago, I got a call from my "supervisor" a.K. A a sales person asking "if I had paid my bills and if not, her commission would be cut." hearing this, I was dumbfounded nevertheless asked her to just deduct from my bank account. She said there were problems with my bank again and said would check for me. I told her I was fed up with fitness first as there had been so many problems since day one.

I called back the second day and she said my bank was still checking my application, even if it has been a month and I asked my supervisor lots of questions, like the position I am in, would I be charge late payment interest, and how long this problems gona persists so I could get ready to pay by cash, etc which I think is very common for any customers.

Yet, she failed to answer my questions, instead she said thank you for joining (all the crap) and hang up my call. When I called back and asked for clarifications on my position, she not only failed to answer, she cried. Omg. She really cried. I got fed up and I hang up the call, as this is really ridiculous from the beginning. She kept asking me not to scold her and I kept telling her I was scolding but asking for clarification, (I lost count of how many times I said this). The funny thing is none of my friends / colleagues believe I am capable of making a person cry.

Now, I really regret joining fitness first. I really want to terminate the contract.

Any advice?

chsajid Aug 27, 2009

Fitness First is a big scam!, they give 7 days free trial. When i signed up i asked them can i cancel my membership within these 10 days and they said YES. When i came to cancel my membership they said that the manger is not it come back tomorrow. So i came back and still the same answer "Manager Not in In" They told me she will be back on Friday.. so here i come Again on friday... they kept me waiting for like half an hour and then guess what they told me? ..."SORRY MANAGERS NOT IN TODAY..SORRY WE WILL CALL U ON MONDAY" On Monday i was waiting for there call but the didnt call! F**** LIARS BIGGEST SCAMMERS I EVER KNOW is FITNESS FIRST!!!

and now they sent me a letter from debt collecters ..they asking for £400 !!! SUCH BASTA*s

taking money out of my account after terminating the contract!

Fitness first has been taking out of my money for one month after I terminated my contract. When I rang up to ask, they said it is one month notice, I still have to pay for the member fees even i've ended the contract. This is called stealing.
Anyone who wants to join in the club will get rip off. My friends or many people I met had experienced different kinds of rip off from fitness first.

jazzy Feb 08, 2009

I work in a gym and this is a policy in most gyms to cancel you need to give 30 days notice, and this is written on the contract as they need to give the direct debit company notice to cease the debits. So this is not stealing as you signed the contract which has a section in it about cancellation stating you need to give ______ notice. Some gyms require 2 months notice!

charging credit card without aknowledge

I would like to inform you that my frustration and disappointing on fitness first that charging me...

signed receipt lost!

I did register in this company on 12/14/07, I did sign a contract and sign the receipt from my atm checkcard...

expensive and get more expensive

Stupid policy and non-flexible service for customer. Never want join again.

Don't let me cancel my membership!!!

My membership start at 12/1/07 and I was injure on 11/30/07 late night and when see doctor on 12/1/07.

I gave the doctor letter saying I twist my knee so I want to cancel. My membership just start one day and saying I cannot cancel by your staff.
Ok, I then want to freeze my account, then staff said can only freeze by next month.

I just join for a 4month plan and cannot do gym for 1mth. Not yet start already need pay hk$6xx + the admin fee which not cheap hk$450.

Playing for 3months cost me hk$1k... What a money sucking company! Very very disappointed joining fitness, never will join or recommend any one join your company again!!

bad experience in sheraton gym club, fitness first plus hk

Fitness first hong kong
www.fitnessfirst.com.hk

The following is my personal experience in sheraton gym club, fitness first plus (ff). I had joined the club since august 2004. I had my aqua exercise at there in last 3 years. Many hotel guests and club members had asked me about the advantages of aqua exercise. They would wonder I learnt this exercise from which instructor. I had explained to them, therefore they learnt more about this and we became friends after. We created a friendly atmosphere.

On 24 august, I had my aqua exercise as normal; I got that with another member, mr. Patrick lee. And then a life guard also was there. Suddenly, there was a personal trainer (elke au-yeung) went to the pool area and took photos on us without any notice and authorization. We asked him the reason and who permitted him to do this upon us. Mr. Au-yeung said the personal manager, ben shiu, requested him to do that. After I went to the club receipt ion find the truth. Then ben shiu showed up and stated that the digital camera was his. Ben claimed that the club general manager would explain this case in details. We pointed out that his action, taking photo on others without authorization, was illegal. Ben did not reply this directly, just put the ball upon jennifer jen, the club manager.

At that time, we contacted the hotel guest relation department officer, she stated that she would refer this to jennifer jen and led her to settle this. Afterward, she informed me that she had noticed ff head office. After, I handed my complain letter to the hotel the senior management officer, the managing director, his reply was he was not able to settle this case as that was not under his managing area. What could he do was referring to raffy to follow.

At the same time, I had called to ff gateway head office to contact and complain, however, no body follow this case. The staff only said the management staff had meeting or not at office.

On that day, 5:45 pm, jennifer jen called me,
The content as follow:
1. She is the general manager of the fitness first plus; everything would be permitted by her. I asked her that her inappropriate photo taking was permitted by her or not, she said yes.
2. The unauthorized photo was legal, she request me to check it out.
3. She clamed that there were two people. Patrick and me, to have same exercise, it meant instruction and teaching.
4. She stated that no matter I complain to the hotel or ff head office, it was meaningless.
5. If I did not stop my aqua exercise, she would take further action upon me.

When I faced to her accuse. I felt very upsetting. I replied that she did not have right to stop my daily exercise. The instruction class and money transaction had never happened. I only chatted and having sharing of our life with my friends. To have my daily exercise was my personal right, she did not have to prohibit my right and freedom.

On 25th to 29th august, I had my exercise at the pool as normal, during this period of time; some personal trainers always come to check out my action. It was very disturb. And all staffs in the club were not allowed to talk about the case. And they were not allowed to contact with me.

On 29th august, 11:45 am, when I was ready to leave after my daily exercise, jennifer and ben gave me a letter to inform me about my membership termination. They told me I could not come there anymore. The letter issue date was 24th august, the content of the letter was unreasonable, if they had evidence, I was wonder they did not show to me. I was charged to provide aqua exercise instruction class at the pool and have money as return. I doubted that they had evidence why did not show to me. They claimed that it was not necessary to show to me. Without sufficient evidence and unfair charges, I went to ff head office for further complain, the national operation manager raffy claimed the ceo was not in office. She stated that he did not hear about my case before, and he would try to follow my case. I told him that I just wanted to have the truth and the fair result..

On the same date, there were 2 life guards who were the witnesses of this case were terminated their employment contract. The club claimed that those 2 staffs tried to hide and assist my instruction class.

In the afternoon of 3rd september, I received a call from raffy. He informed me that the decision of terminating my membership is made by jennifer. However, this decision was also represented by his and the company’s. I asked him why he did not check out the case in details. He stated that jennifer had reported to him already. He said I had charged hkd 150 per section to my class participants. I asked him how to define a section. He failed to give me an answer. Then I request him to give me the evidence. He told me that he did not have to show to me.

I was very disappointing as he hasn’t even listened to my side of the story and his decision wasn’t based on any facts at all.in fact, I have other members and sheraton’s staff to be my witnesses.

This incident as I have been treated unfairly and felt unjustified. This has ruined my personal reputations. I have contacted and complained the whole issue to fitness first the curve (malaysia head office of asia).
However, I will put matter to further if I failed to have a fair and respectable reply and action form the company.

I would like to declare seriously in order to prove my innocent.

• Sh
    ShafeeCo Mar 09, 2010

Look, u were conducting a class in their property without first obtaining authorization. Then you were not happy that they took some photographs of you in their property? Management reserves right to terminate members who are not cooperative. Nuisance.

• So
    soukaen Mar 24, 2011

I wished I was there with u, for being fren and guide me in aquatic exercise. I'm FF member years ago, so called PT in club will assist members hmmm yes they did provided I sign up PT programme . I wished to thank fellow FF member who give guidance during the use of the club :D

• Is
    IslaMeek Aug 14, 2018

I would like you to call me please I do not wish for this to be a public forum.
    Isla - 07738623832

samir669 Nov 13, 2018

i was a fitness instructor in fitness first. i was suppose to get 12600 after all deduction.for the month of october, then i became a free lancer. i was just paid 7000 and said they would reimburse in november. i contacted all the assistance managers there but no response at all . so how do i get the remaining money or i wont be paid???????????

• Ba
    BarbaraFF Jun 11, 2019

I alao had a bad experiences regarding to Fitness First Hong Kong, Especially the North point centre. The instructors in charge, Avis ignored our complaints. And the Head of Instructor, Larry said it's not his business. So many of the members complained to the front desk or so but they just listened and didn't resolve any issue. A member then messaged Fitness First Hong Kong Facebook page, then they started to threaten her not to get this thing big. They threatened her by calling her everyday for a few times and sending people to speak with her. Still, they do not want to resolve any issues. Now she's thinking of changing to another gym club at Hong Kong.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices