First National Collection Bureauabusive customer service.

E

I received a letter today from these scam artists trying to tell me that I owed $124 to a bank that I have never dealt with in my life! I phoned them and got a very abusive young man who when I refused to verify my SSN told me in no uncertain terms that I would "Pay extra for trying to lie to us"

All I was trying to ask for was how I could be liable for a bank debt in Florida when I have always lived in WA and nothing has appeared on any of my credit reports for at least the past 8 years regarding this bank account (Wachovia). He again got abusive and assured me that they had the proof and would look forward to making me pay at least double in court if I chose to continue denying that I owed them and didn't settle either straight away or by using their payment stub within the next 30 days.

At this point I was getting more than a little frustrated and annoyed but I know better than to lose my temper when a conversation might be being recorded so I politely told him that his company could expect a registered letter from me within the next 7 business days disputing their claim and asking for validation and not verification as their original letter stated they would provide. He laughed at this point and said they are both the same so please go ahead.

Now having had to deal with bottom feeders like this once before I took great delight in informing him that they are not the same and simply saying you have verified a debt is not the same as legally validating it by supplying full proof.

At this point he hung up on me!

So first thing tomorrow my letter will be sent with return receipt requested along with a filed copy of the contents ;) It will be interesting to see what their reaction will be as I get the feeling that this company deals in long noncollectable zombie debt and just tries to use threatening tactics to get people who either don't owe the debt or are outside the SOL to pay them.