The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved First American Home Warranty — rip off-poor service, taking advantage of customer
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
First of all the sales representative lied and told me that I could use any contractor that I wanted if i needed service because as a Realtor, I know how unethical contractors can be with shady deals and kickbacks. This was supposedly recorded on tape and I told her that I would not enter the agreement if I could not choose an independent contractor when needed service, she guaranteed it. Well when requested service, obviously this was a lie.
My water heater went out and the contractor that the home warranty uses,
told me that I had to install a recirculating pump in order to install a new water heater, which was not true because you dont have to have this pump. You can install it if you wantyour water to get to certain areas of the home faster BUT IT ISNT MANDATORY.
I requested another contractor and after being without water for several days, they finally allowed a second contractor.
This contractor came out for a second opinion and constantly asked me what did the first contractor say. If this was suppose to be an independent evaluation then why did he need this information. He then called in the evaluation and added things that COULD BE DONE BUT DID NOT HAVE TO BE DONE, in my opinion to make money. He then refused to give me the estimate in writing as did the first contractor.
I called in for the sewage problem again and after giving me a voice mail, and calling back two additional times, they finally decided that this WAS AN EMERGENCY, SEWAGE COMING FROM MY BATHTUB ! and authorized
the same contractor to come out, who is totally angry at me because I exposed him .
A TOTAL NIGHTMARE, I have filed a complaint with the department of insurance ...anyone that wants to file go to www.insurance.ca.gov
you can get a claim form on line
also call California Consumer affairs
contact the better business bureau, there are diffent phone numbers for different areas, so go to their website
file a small claims court law suit, get information at
I hope this helps! GOOD lUCK
More First American Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - I would not recommend first american to my worst enemy!
- First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation - va inspection not good enough??
- First American Payment Systems - ryan de vitis, a scam artist
- First American Payment Systems - you'll get screwed!
- First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Home Warranty - poor service and coverage!
- First American Home Protection - terrible experience
- First American Payment Systems - excessive charges
- First American Home Buyers Protection - without ac for over 2 weeks
- First American Payment Systems - unreasonable demand from their collection dept
- First American Home Buyers Protection Inc. - breach of contract